Gathering Information
Star Trek-AOS

27 Posts
3 Threads
Job:
Ship Status: Single
Sexual Orientation: Heterosexual
Katie

After her rather unfortunate encounter with Amora, Jaya had made some inquiries, and found out that the woman was from a newish section of the Hub. What she hadn't found out precise information on was how Amora related to the other people from her part of the multiverse. Which could be important, since these people were, it appeared, rather powerful, even if it wasn't entirely clear that their civilization was warp capable or not. So. If Jaya had bought herself some trouble by putting the little wench in her place, it might be worth while to find out what, if anything, might be heading her way.

Once she'd decided on her course of action, Jaya had dressed herself in a body covering dress (since she'd long ago learned that any number of species, including, it seemed, Asgardians, insisted on wearing clothing far in excess of what the ambient temperature required, and sometimes took offense if you weren't similarly covered), and went to explore the area around this "Avenger's Tower."
Marvel-MCU-1

36 Posts
4 Threads
Job: Billionaire Superhero
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation: yes
Kel

All Accounts Posts: 154
Tony Stark was playing hooky.

He'd woken 48 hours ago, confused, knowing that he was missing memories but also very sure of who he was.

Also that he was being coddled and distracted.

He didn't like to be managed, not when he was in literally an alternate dimension that had copied his Tower...that wasn't.

His rebellion might also have a little to do with the fact that he'd not yet cracked all the security layers that his alternate self placed around the Armory and tech files.

So here he was out...in this world feeling just a little naked with out his tech to back him up but too curious to wait.

Everything seemed perfectly normal...except the green woman heading purposefully towards the Tower. “Well hello,” Tony slid down the Gucci sunglasses his alternate self apparently favored.
Star Trek-AOS

27 Posts
3 Threads
Job:
Katie

"Hello." Jaya replied, smiling at him. This was the first 'real' person who she'd seen since arriving in this part of the Hub, and yes, she was quite sure that she'd be able to get information out of him. He had the look of a man who understood, and accepted, that a certain amount of gameplaying and manipulation was normal, and even took pleasure in the dance. Assuming he knew anything, but she was fairly certain that word would get around fairly quickly about someone like Amora.

"Its nice to meet you, I'm Jaya. I was just exploring a little bit, and well....." she looked at him, hopefully. Everything in her demeanor indicating that she was certain that such a strong, capable male would be able to help her with her current difficulties "I was looking for some information." she dropped her voice, just a little, putting a thread of breathy nervousness into it "I met a woman named Amora, who came from this part of the Hub, and there was a little bit of a misunderstanding. I don't know very much about Asgardians, and I don't want there to be any trouble over some silly misunderstanding. So I thought I'd come here, and try to learn a little more about your people."
Marvel-MCU-1

36 Posts
4 Threads
Ship Status:
Kel

Tony had lived a life of privilege, beyond his time as a captive he’d never been without money, resources, and had a long and extensive history of supporting a gaggle of hangers on, before he was Ironman it had been party girls and sycophants and after...it had been the Avengers. There had never been a time in his life where he’d not known that he had to pay people to spend time with him.

And he accepted this arrangement as par for course.

Tony wore a baseball cap, not to disguise his identity but to hide the bald patch, bandages and netting holding them in place, the legacy of his apparent brain surgery a few days prior. Friday had told him it wasn’t a good idea to leave to the Tower yet...which meant he had made it his first goal.

Asgardians.

The name tickled his mind, it had like so many other throwaway comments that edge of familiarity that told him he should know it but kept failing to call up the associated knowledge. Tony no matter what he did or did not remember was a master at hiding his thoughts behind charm and one liners. “Can’t say I know a woman by that name.” His mouth quirked up, “New York is a big city, everyone a stranger.”
Star Trek-AOS

27 Posts
3 Threads
Job:
Katie

Jaya also understood that paying for the pleasure of someone's company was completely normal. If you were a male, and paying for female attention, of course. Terrans tended to look at such things as being at least mildly shameful, which was just another example of how strange and primitive their behavior could be.

"This isn't Asgard?" Jaya asked, wonderingly suddenly if she was in the proper part of the Hub after all. The information that had led her to this place had seemed fairly reliable, but one could never be certain. "I may have been misinformed. Or do people from other worlds travel to this New York?" it was possible, although from what she'd seen, the tech level looked like it was pre-warp.
Marvel-MCU-1

36 Posts
4 Threads
Ship Status:
Kel

Asgard.

The repeat of the word dropped into place, “No. not Asgard.” The charming smile never faltered “Just a ghost of the Big Apple so I'm told. You on the hunt for some big Norse ladies?” Tony as a rule only let himself fidget around people he knew; otherwise he was cool Stark charm.

“So what's your name?” Tony didn't hold his hand out, a half smile lurking about his lips, “and why you looking for a bunch of angry ‘gods’.”
Star Trek-AOS

27 Posts
3 Threads
Job:
Katie

"The "big apple"?" Jaya repeated, not understanding the reference. She was aware that an apple was some sort of a fruit, and from context it seemed to be a nickname, probably for the city that they were in, but it never hurt to get clarification. Especially when doing so would get the male you were questioning to talk, and to underestimate you. "And not hunting, just wanting to find out more about this Asgardian, and the place she came from."

"I'm called Jaya." she replied, with a smile of her own "It was silly, really. I have a little club, and she stopped in there for a drink. There was a misunderstanding, and she became very offended, and very aggressive. She threatened to turn me into a frog, of all things."
Marvel-MCU-1

36 Posts
4 Threads
Ship Status:
Kel

Tony nodded expansively to the city around them, “New York City.” He actually didn't know off the top of his head way it was called that, he'd have wondered if it was another symptom of his head trauma except he was pretty sure he'd never cared enough to find out.

“That sounds Asgardian all right.” Tony agreed, not buying the bashful shyness for a moment. Which had less to do with her and more with the aforementioned experience with hangers on.

He always assumed ulterior motives and less than pure reasons for talking to him “what did she get pissy about?” Tony glanced around habitually, he wasn't used to standing around streets talking.

Hell he wasn't used to Walking in manhattan, he could have taken one of the cars out...maybe he should have. Even if he couldn't fly yet.
Star Trek-AOS

27 Posts
3 Threads
Job:
Katie

Jaya nodded in understanding, although, truthfully, the name of the city was only vaguely familiar. If she recalled her lessons properly, it was a major city on Earth, but she couldn't recall much about it beyond that. She did note that the Terran, like the Asgardian, didn't find her skin tone remarkable, she wondered if they were familiar with Orions in their universe, or if, in spite of the low level of technology-it appeared they still used internal combustion engines, for the love of the Maker-this universe's Terrans were in contact with other planets.

"Oh?" Jaya asked, hoping to encourage him to say more "Have you had your own problems with Asgardians? Are there many of them living here? Are they all as disagreeable as she is?" she smiled, shaking her head "I'm sorry for asking so many questions, we should go somewhere and talk more." Not least because he obviously seemed uncomfortable with standing exposed on a street. She wondered if he had a reason for that, or if it was a primitive, fear based response to predators. Terrans seemed to have a great many responses like that. "What is your name?" she asked, realizing that he hadn't given her his name before asking her's. Wondering if that was a Terran custom, and if so, what it meant.

When the male Terran nodded his assent, she started walking beside him, down the street. "My father and uncle own a little club" which was strictly true. In the Orion Syndicate, the males were the ones who owned the property, partially to maintain the illusion of patriarchy, and partially because Orion women might be away for months or years at a time, and it made it simpler if the men who were left behind to care for the children and the business, owned the property. Besides, it wasn't as though an Orion male would go against the wishes of his wife or mother. "I made a copy" she giggled, partially to appear sweet and harmless, and partially at the absurdity of owning property directly "so maybe I should say I run it. Amora came in, and I thought she was looking for a job, so I offered her one, and she took offense."
Marvel-MCU-1

36 Posts
4 Threads
Ship Status:
Kel

The fact that she didn’t register the city name was noted, as to her skin tone? Fuck it he was in a cross dimensional cluster fuck. He could deal with green skin. Her less subtle than Cap with a bone between his teeth questions? Them he was...curious about.

Well here he was in a strange new world, might as well turn on the Stark charm and see what he could shake out from her in return. “Asgardians are people first. Always have a few assholes.” Tony’s trademark might be snark and one liners, but he wouldn’t have been able to hold his own as CEO with out being able to deflect and schmooze with the best. Tony knew how to be diplomatic; he’d just gotten to the point in his life where he could afford not to be.

His name? Really?

“Stark, Tony Stark.” Tony smiled reaching out to clasp her hand, “Lemme buy you a drink and we can continue this conversation, Ms?” he asked keeping himself firmly in the ‘glad handing a donor’ mindset.

This was Manhatten, and a Manhattan based of Tony’s memories, and if he knew that or not, it affected what they saw, how they were treated. Tony ignored through long practice the random people taking cell phone pictures of him, nodding to the door man of the upscale bar he’d chosen.

“Gods do get touchy when people offer them jobs.” he agreed, taking a private booth, gesturing for her to sit with him. “And now you want to...apologize?”
Star Trek-AOS

27 Posts
3 Threads
Job:
Katie

Jaya noted that he was being close with his information, this one was clearly more cleverer than most males, which could be either useful or problematic, depending on how this encounter went. To increase the chances that it would be useful, she let loose a little whiff of pheromones, not enough to really influence him, just enough to make him relaxed and receptive. Rather like the effect he might want to have with the intoxicant he was offering her.

She smiled slightly and said "Yes, people are like that, aren't they?" Knowing that males, especially males of high status didn't like to be contradicted, but the statement did leave her wondering how much experience he had with other species. In her experience, there were some species who seemed to be almost universally unpleasant, like the Ferengi, for example.

Jaya noticed the "people" were reacting to the Terran's presence, and her estimation of his importance raised slightly. Yes, this would be a contact worth cultivating. Perhaps even a potential.....no, even if she was going to be stuck here long term, there was no one to arrange the sale properly, and Terrans generally balked at the idea of owning someone. Still, a contact worth cultivating.

"Jaya." she replied, noting that yes, he was mildly surprised that she didn't know his name. But she didn't, and there was no point pretending she did "Just Jaya. My people only use one name." If he was going to be close with is information, so was she, although she was fairly certain he'd never meant an Orion. "And no, not to apologize. She was quite....I'd prefer to just avoid her.."
Marvel-MCU-1

36 Posts
4 Threads
Ship Status:
Kel

I am Iron Man
Sometimes you gotta run before you can walk.

Genius, billionaire, playboy philanthropist
There was something about her...Tony felt a stirring that in all honesty he'd been struggling with in the years since Afghanistan, and one that just two days out of surgery he really shouldn’t be feeling.

Huh.

Tony took another sip, leaning back in the chair, feeling...relaxed, yet engaged. “Ah.” He exhaled the single word, imbuing it with a depth of understanding about ‘difficult’ women.

Just to avoid her but come looking for someone who knew her? Tony might be relaxed but he could still see the logical fallacies there.

”Jaya than-” Tony’s presence owned the leather back chair, easily, confidently the way only a man born to power and money could. ”How long have you been here? Seem fairly at ease.”