Fandoms: All

Canons: Open/Oc's Welcome!

Bans: Howard the Duck,
RPF* Real Person Fiction; IE Apping an actual celebrity

Main Rule:Don't Be a Dick

OOC min age:18

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thread Contributor: Christian VerglasMachines, Machines Everywhere!
DC-DCTVU-1

511 Posts
22 Threads
Job: PA/Magician
Ship Status: Single with Complications
Sexual Orientation: Pan-Romantic
Nyte

All Accounts Posts: 1,456
One thing that Christian had begun doing, since the rescue mission, since realizing the possibilities out there, was explore the worlds that the portals led to. He was cautious, of course; he made sure he noted where the portal was and where he went when he left the immediate vicinity of it so he could (usually easily) find his way back to that particular place and go home, but he explored. People didn’t typically pay much mind to him; he was a small, unassuming man who kept to himself and looked around. He was, in a word, harmless.

Today, he was going through a new portal. He slipped all the things he would take into his satchel, the green sphere he took most places fit into next to his notebook, water bottle, flask, the dice and magnets he took everywhere, and all the wiring and string and metal pieces. He grabbed a couple of his newer rings and a necklace he’d made in case he might find someone to trade with. Jonah went into the satchel too, at least until Chris could judge whether it would be safe for the little sentient roomba to come out or not. As always, he hoped it would be, because Jonah liked to explore, too.

The way to the portal was… Unique. Here, the Hub seemed more like a technological dystopia, and Chris sort of wondered if the world on the other side would be void of life. Pulling Pip out of his pocket, he asked the little robot to go through the portal and come back with readings. Was the air breathable for humans, and would it be safe for the three of them to go back through together? When the tiny robot returned with ‘yes’ to both questions, Chris nodded and stepped through and took a good, long look around.

Wow.

Yeah, this place was definitely, definitely a technological dystopia. Like, and it made him sad to think it, but he could imagine Gotham looking something like this in a couple of decades if things went bad with the capes… Yeesh. Opening his satchel, he told Jonah, “Come on out, Jonah, I think this is about as safe as you’re gonna get. Just.. Be careful, okay buddy?” The roomba lifted up and out of the satchel carefully and quietly on his new repulsors that Chris had built using Tony’s as a model, and Chris grinned, “Come on, let’s see if there are still any people on this rock.”

@dark
Terminator-Salvation

6 Posts
2 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
dark

(05-27-2018, 10:30 PM)Christian Verglas Wrote: One thing that Christian had begun doing, since the rescue mission, since realizing the possibilities out there, was explore the worlds that the portals led to. He was cautious, of course; he made sure he noted where the portal was and where he went when he left the immediate vicinity of it so he could (usually easily) find his way back to that particular place and go home, but he explored. People didn’t typically pay much mind to him; he was a small, unassuming man who kept to himself and looked around. He was, in a word, harmless.

Today, he was going through a new portal. He slipped all the things he would take into his satchel, the green sphere he took most places fit into next to his notebook, water bottle, flask, the dice and magnets he took everywhere, and all the wiring and string and metal pieces. He grabbed a couple of his newer rings and a necklace he’d made in case he might find someone to trade with. Jonah went into the satchel too, at least until Chris could judge whether it would be safe for the little sentient roomba to come out or not. As always, he hoped it would be, because Jonah liked to explore, too.

The way to the portal was… Unique. Here, the Hub seemed more like a technological dystopia, and Chris sort of wondered if the world on the other side would be void of life. Pulling Pip out of his pocket, he asked the little robot to go through the portal and come back with readings. Was the air breathable for humans, and would it be safe for the three of them to go back through together? When the tiny robot returned with ‘yes’ to both questions, Chris nodded and stepped through and took a good, long look around.

Wow.

Yeah, this place was definitely, definitely a technological dystopia. Like, and it made him sad to think it, but he could imagine Gotham looking something like this in a couple of decades if things went bad with the capes… Yeesh. Opening his satchel, he told Jonah, “Come on out, Jonah, I think this is about as safe as you’re gonna get. Just.. Be careful, okay buddy?” The roomba lifted up and out of the satchel carefully and quietly on his new repulsors that Chris had built using Tony’s as a model, and Chris grinned, “Come on, let’s see if there are still any people on this rock.”

@dark

The world Chris would see is more building rubble, bones mixed with human skulls and terminator skulls.

Some skeletons still sitting in the cars if you looked closer.

The various pockets of human survivors were rare and in between trying to avoid Skynet's wrath.

Mostly human survivors were crying and screaming huddling around a television screen turned into a fire pit.

There was a giant ship called a HK or Hunter-Killer in the sky patrolling and shooting down any human it saw.

A tiny robot wasn't on its target list but there was shooting to try and take down the giant death laser machine from the sky. Resistance soldiers shot at the machine while a strange human like machine turned his head toward the HK and the resistance soldiers.

He growled and pushed the stranger to the side, nearly avoiding a direct plasma shot by the HK.

"Come with me if you want to live. He grabbed Christen's hand and pulled him "COME ON!"

The HK kept shooting at them as Marcus watched the small robot follow them.

"You must be new. Welcome to our world."

@CHRISTIAN VERGLAS
DC-DCTVU-1

511 Posts
22 Threads
Nyte

He walked in a slow, cautious gait rather than scurrying or running. It took him very little relative time to realize that… Yeah, maybe he didn’t really want to be here. Yes, he liked to explore, and there was technology all over the place in the form of robotic skeletons, but… It was robotic skeletons, but it was also human ones. It was pretty super creepy, and thus far he hadn’t seen any living people at all.

Until the enormous skycraft came into view, and Christian could see people fighting against it, and…

Nope. Nosiree. He was just gonna turn around and head back t--

”Come with me if you want to live. Come on!”

Chris was yanked and pulled along, scrambling to keep up with the…. Robot? Man? CYBORG! Pulled him along, Jonah following, cutting through the air to stay with Christian, beeping and whirring as the roomba twisted and turned, scanning the area and making sure nothing...bad...was following his human friend and creator.

“Yeah, uh, new is an understatement, and…” Chris turned to look over his shoulder, “I need to go the other way… I can get back home through...over there.” The roomba chirped and whined at the statement flying back toward where they both knew the portal was a little ways before turning and snapping back through the air toward Chris and the cyborg man. “I know, Jonah, I know…” He sighed, “Safi is gonna be so mad…”

@dark
Terminator-Salvation

6 Posts
2 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
dark

Marcus frowned "Are you crazy? You go back that way, and you might be asking for Skynet to kill you out of pity."

He eyed the other man and raised a eyebrow "I'll explain everything later, for now, let's get away from the mess.

After a rocket launcher was able to smash the HK from the skies and it hit the ground, exploding quite a distance away from everyone.

There were cheers coming from the Resistance soldiers. It was a good day but the battle still raged.

What Marcus was saying was the truth. There were terminators, HKs and every type of robot you didn't want around this place, so turning around and running wasn't a option.

"You know how to use a weapon?" Marcus grunted. "You'll need to to kill the machines."

"If you want to get back that is."

The machine man was willing to help him.

@eve
DC-DCTVU-1

511 Posts
22 Threads
Nyte

“Who’s Skynet?” The question was out of his mouth before he took the time to consider just how stupid such a question might make him look in this universe, but the man had seemed to guess that he wasn’t from this universe, so maybe they travelled to Hub, too. Maybe this world was knowledgeable about people who travelled from world to world. It wouldn’t be the first that he had gone to that recognized the city that connected so many worlds to each other.

He’d explain later… What was later, though? In a few minutes? Tomorrow? Something in between? The continuing explosions and fighting was what ended up causing Christian to follow the cyborg (a real life cyborg, like… Like the hero!) to wherever he was taking them. He might want to get home, but that didn’t mean that Chis wanted to go out into the middle of a full blown battle to get to the portal on the way to which he might be murdered out of pity.

Yeah, following the cyborg and waiting it out definitely sounded like a better bet.

The explosion from the giant ship as it crashed earned a flinch, and Christian drew a symbol on the back of his hand, tapping it wordlessly to activate the shield spell that Safi had taught him what seemed forever ago. Better safe than sorry in a place like this. “C’mon, Jonah, let’s go before…” He turned to Marcus, frowning at the question, “I mean, theoretically I know how to use a weapon, depending on the type of weapon…” Kill? “Are they… Are they alive? Like you and me and… Like Jonah is?” He motioned to the roomba, who whirled in the air at the question, unmistakably looking at Marcus with his camera, beeping a quiet, sad sounding little beep. Chris reached out to pat the little vacuum cleaner, “It’s okay, Jonah, I won’t let anyone hurt you.” He looked to Marcus, “Jonah is good. He’s my friend.”

Chris glanced over his shoulder with a sigh, “Yeah… I need to get back home.”