D&D/None/All-All

92 Posts
8 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Moon

All Accounts Posts: 734
Sune was in an odd state- half torn between bouncing and being ill. She knew it was just a matter of days before the latter part of that would leave her more or less alone- but that didn't mean the death rattle of the nausea wasn't still rather unpleasant. So for the time being she was making herself busy to distract from it- something that was thankfully becoming easier as time passed. Though lovely other effects were making their presence known.

Which was why she was sitting down on this bench in the middle of a universe that was most certainly not her own. Of course, her reason for being in that universe was different from the dizziness that had forced her down- but she didn't care too much about that for the time being. Instead she was grumbling to herself about what Arjay had aptly called 'the indignities that the baby inflicts.'

She sat still and ate her bread patiently, having given up on walking around looking for her conversational target. Certainly, the exercise was good for her, and for baby, but so help her, even if she was trying to bridge a gap that was partially her fault, Chris had still teed her right off, and was not worth that much discomfort.

Sune groaned to herself as her sight caught the figure she was looking for. She stood up slowly, dusting off her universally appropriate stretchy pants. It was one thing that these self designated 'modern' worlds had gotten right at least. These were incredibly comfortable.

She wondered idly if Chris would notice her quickly, or whether she'd have to speed walk to catch up to him. Sune hoped for the former, knowing that her very presence should give enough ambient light for Chris to notice her.

"Ahem!" She called out, hoping her voice would convey the annoyance she felt at chasing someone down while pregnant. She stopped suddenly as she remembered that oh... yes. She was a Goddess. "Chris." Sune added, her unnaturally booming voice covering the ground easily, actively seeking out the ears of her target.

@nyte
DC-DCTVU-1

446 Posts
19 Threads
Job: PA/Magician
Ship Status: Single with Complications
Sexual Orientation: Pan-Romantic
Nyte

All Accounts Posts: 1,336
Chris spent roughly a third of his time in his home universe. His life, before he’d met Safi, had been fairly empty; he had always chosen to view things as positively as possible, but even Chris would admit that a life filled with projects and magical sentient toys with only your sister as the only person who really knew you was a bit shallow and empty. He had Jonah for his best friend, a sentient roomba. No people, because while yes, he had a few work friends he was glad to know, they weren’t people he really went out with, he didn’t invite them over for drinks. And then Safi had suddenly pushed his way into Christian’s life and everything had changed. The magician hadn’t started making friends left and right, but now there was something outside of work and magic and Belle that he really truly cared about. Something that would make him stop working on a new toy. Something that made him pack up all the toys that had died and eventually even find a new home for them with a nice librarian type lady.

So when they’d found Hub, Chris had found a world that accepted him completely just as he was. Magic? People didn’t even bat an eye. A little bit quiet? No problem. Pacifistic? People didn’t give him a hard time about it. It was wonderful, and it was a relief. So he spent most of his time there, which was good, because it seemed Safi liked it there too, spending more and more time there as well. Still, the apartment he shared with the bodyguard was home, and Chris always slept better when he stayed there, not that he ever said so. Jonah accompanied Chris back and forth, but the little roomba had far more freedom to go out and about in the Hub than he did in their home universe; it was just more feasible and safer for the little guy.

Today, Christian was walking down the street, head ducked down, staring at something he was working on in his hands as he moved unerringly. Two larger men followed him, moving closer and closer. Finally, Chris turned around, staring at them as they approached, not all that far away from where Sune sat. “I really wouldn’t…” The first moved to hit him, and stopped short, falling backwards and clutching the arm he’d used to swing at the magician. The second man had the grace to look startled and was more cautious. Christian took a step forward, murmuring something to the two men, and they both moved to leave the small man alone. Throughout the entire encounter Chris’ face was stone, a frown etched in it. Once it was over, Chris turned toward Sune, face shifting back into the quiet, harmless expression he usually wore before being tinged with something that was perhaps fear, and certainly regret.

Yeah, he remembered telling off a goddess of love.

Ducking his head and watching his feet, Chris moved toward the goddess. He didn’t tarry; he might not want to face her, but making her angry (angrier) would probably only make things worse for him in the long run. He shuffled to a stop in front of Sune, still not meeting her eyes. How did one greet a goddess?? Ma’am? That didn’t seem right… Finally, he sighed, not at her, but at himself, and closed his eyes, “I have no idea how to address you…”

@Alex
D&D/None/All-All

92 Posts
8 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Moon

Did Sune notice the fight? Yeah she did, she wasn't blind. On the contrary, her eyes perceived things that mortals couldn't even perceive of, and though she tried to appreciate the world a mortal would, she was put off slightly by the change in Chris's magic and demeanor.

Had she been inclined to meddle in all things, she may have said something, but it had little to do with Love, and was decidedly out of her domain. If it made enough of a difference that he couldn't even perceive her nature anymore from impurity- she may say something. But the future was too influx to be certain that such a thing would even come to pass.

Instead she stroked a thumb idly over her abdomen, layering defenses against corruption over the young one within. She offered a smile, forcing herself to focus on Chris's words instead. At the very least, he still seemed to know who she was on sight, and had some semblance of his manners. Which was a good sign and eased the force required to smile at the man.

"Goddess is generally accepted." She offered pleasantly, reaching her free hand out to tilt his head up. "Your highness, Your indomitable love, Your tenacious might, Your luminescent majesty. Your overwhelming beauty. I'm easy to please." She offered, statement a complete and utter lie. Despite her predilection for simple things, she was not even remotely easy to please.

"Hello Chris. I thought perhaps it was time we spoke." She added, having gotten the matter of her own address out of the way. Sune waved her hand, reality warping around her fingers as she pulled at the seams of the universe. Once a door was open to her home, she placed a protection on Chris that he might enter and walked through. "Follow." She ordered, not even stopping to consider whether Chris would heed the direction. Her clothes melted from 'yoga wear' to her traditional gown, and she reclined carefully on a chaise that appeared from the light around her.

She waved her hand again and a comfortable chair and table grew from the floor. Within seconds bustling worshipers were laying soft scented foods on the table, bearing fruit, desserts, drinks, and much more. "Please, have a seat."

@nyte
DC-DCTVU-1

446 Posts
19 Threads
Nyte

It was a less a fight and more Christian putting to much larger men in their place. He hadn’t taken a single swing; he hadn’t needed to. That didn’t mean he hadn’t been on the aggressive side, especially for the meek man who always quietly took a beating and run away when it was over.

Under the influence of a powerful entity, Christian tried to hold on to his values, and usually succeeded. But the small man still grew angry when people picked on the small and helpless, and he knew himself well enough to know that he was among that group. So when the two large goons had come after him to mug him, already upset, already on edge, he had grown furious, and the orb had taken advantage of that rage, egging him on, twisting his principles and turning the man on his head over it.

The moment the two had turned tail, however, Christian sank back into himself, the orb holding far less sway when he wasn’t in danger, wasn’t angry.

Thus far, Christian’s love had been unaffected by the power of the sphere. He loved as truly and deeply as he always had. Belle, Safi, Jonah. And he had those who had earned at least a little of his love from Hub, too. Castiel, Steve, (Tony even though Chris didn’t want to admit it), and even Jaya. He recognized the goddess immediately, and immediately recalled just why her presence was more or less terrifying.

If she had come to punish him for telling her off, he would take it. Unless that punishment involved Safi or Belle. They were his tenderest places, the people he loved the most in all the world, and he would fight for them. Tooth and nail, he would not relinquish them. Though… He had wondered, more than once, if it would be easier if he didn’t love Safi. Safi said he loved him, and Chris believed him, he trusted Safi, likely more than was wise, but Safi had said that he couldn’t… It would be easier to just…

Sune offered a landslide of titles he could greet her with, but he gave her a tiny, amused smile and told her gently, “I think I’ll stick with goddess, okay?” He didn’t worship her, she wasn’t his God, but he could respect what she was nonetheless. Still, when she said they needed to speak, he blinked, startled, and looked at her with a mixture of fear, reservation, and concern, “What do we have to talk about? I --”

Follow?

It didn’t even occur to Chris not to do as she asked. It wasn’t as though she was threatening him, it wasn’t like he thought she was evil or anything. She was scary, but then again, so was God. So was Gabriel.

He followed her, growing quiet and nervous, but when she told him to sit, he sat, folding his hands in his lap and staring at them. “I don’t… I know I shouldn’t have spoken to you like that..” It was rude, but more than that, she could squish him, and he knew that, “I just… My experiences with love aren’t the picture perfect things that they show in the movies… And…” He trailed off, shaking his head, “I’m sorry.” The apology was heartfelt in so much that he regretted what he’d said, but he didn’t feel it was less true; she’d been being a bully, being mean to Gabriel, doing things he hadn’t wanted her to do… And Christian stood up for others. He didn’t look up to see if she were angry or amused or unaffected; he was here, and that was about the most he could do.

@alex
D&D/None/All-All

92 Posts
8 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Moon

Sune was aware of Chris's thoughts- she may have stopped reading the thoughts of her lover- but she had no such promise in place with anyone else. It tugged hard at her heart to hear the man muse about getting rid of his love. Sune would grant him it if he asked, because she saw how much pain it caused him- but when such a brilliant heart lost it's affection in such a cold way- it always saddened her.

She gave him a fleeting smile at his choice. Being truthful, she had expected that he'd prefer the vague title rather than one detailing the extraordinary being that she was. She almost spoke to tell him he could call her by her name as well- but very few people earned the right to speak to her freely- and this man certainly hadn't.

She didn't bother to address his query for the time being, seeing as he seemed to be still trying to figure out what he was saying anyways.

When he started apologizing, she listened patiently- despite the irritation that spiked when he clearly thought about how much he still disapproved of her actions. Apparently her flirting had been 'bullying' when speaking truthfully, she was a Goddess, and the being she had been speaking with was a mere divine scion- not an actual deity, no matter how he acted. She could have done so much more- she could have enforced her opinions- instead she had been playing around and teasing.

She rubbed her belly in a soothing action to center herself again on what was important. "Love is rarely what it is made out to be. I have lost more loves than breaths you have taken- I understand the pain that comes with my patron emotion." Smiling softly at her self, she patted her stomach in punctuation. "This child will be the first love that I am relatively confident will still be with me, many eons from now. I have seen more of my children die than breaths you have taken." Sune offered softly, once again using the same metric. It would hopefully be a clear example to the man- it was one of the few things that she had found mortals able to comprehend as so immeasurably huge as was true of her life.

Though of course, they remained magnitudes apart. "I accept your apology. For my part, I am sorry that my teasing came across so negatively in your eyes. I know that Gabriel did not find my actions so off-putting as you did." She offered, not quite apologizing for what Chris was offended by- but admitting as much fault as most deities ever would. "I thought we might clear the air, I do not wish to have people holding grudges against me, knowing that my child will be spending some time in the hub with their father. So may I ask what in specific you found so distressing?"

@eve
DC-DCTVU-1

446 Posts
19 Threads
Nyte

His love for Safi was a source of pain, yes. It had been for a while now, and Christian had never considered getting rid of it. Until he had met a literally goddess of love, that is. He cycled between thinking it would be a relief for it to be gone and being terrified that she might do exactly that to him. He clung to his love for the other man even as it cut him to shreds. And if he did ask her to take it away, did that mean he wouldn’t love Belle anymore? No, he couldn’t give that up. His love brought light into his life, even if it burned him at the same time, and he didn’t want to live in the darkness.

So he followed her obediently, head down, every bit the frightened mortal man he was. And he had plenty of reasons to be afraid of the goddess; she could manipulate his heart, he knew that without having to be told, and she was angry with him. He didn’t want to lose his ability to love. He didn’t want to feel cold toward Belle or Safi.

Christian’s view of the evening with the goddess and the angel in the Wandering Moon was that of a mortal man, seeing two people bickering, powerful as they were, and the female goddess making the male angel obviously uncomfortable as she teased and taunted him. And while Christian was only a mortal man, one who had little in the way of ability to defend himself, especially against a goddess, he could not abide cruelty or bullying. Something deep in his being cried out against such things, and he had stood up for his angelic friend, much to his later regret.

Blinking back wetness, Chris mumbled, “Love is pain that you can’t live without.” A double edged blade that sliced and carved away at you, but setting it down wasn’t a possibility. You didn’t get to choose who and how you loved, you just did. She said she understood the pain; did that mean she’d felt the way he did before? How did she survive it? How did she survive the loss of it?? Looking up for the first time since he had followed her into her realm, Chris asked her quietly, even gently, “But you’re a goddess. Couldn’t you just have them live with you here forever?”

She accepted his apology, and a tiny bit of that fear that Christian felt gripping his chest, constricting it, let just a bit looser. Accepting an apology didn’t mean she wasn’t angry with him, didn’t mean that things were better. It was, maybe, a step toward those things, but Chris knew better. He had accepted apologies without forgiving a person, he had forgiven someone and still known that things would never be okay again. She didn’t admit wrongdoing, but he never expected that. When Gabriel had stopped him, Chris had realized quite quickly that he was the only one present who felt the way he did.

Grudges? Chris blinked, “You didn’t do anything to me to hold a grudge against.” It was the immediate, honest truth, every part of his mind and yes his soul, echoing the same idea. For a moment, he was an open book, honest and surprised that she would believe he would hold a moment like that against her. Gabriel wasn’t offended, only him? He sighed, “It’s probably because I’m just… Human.” He shrugged slightly, “It wasn’t my place to say anything at all,” he remembered the conversation he and Safi had had about protecting people, but Gabriel didn’t really seem like someone who needed the kind of meager protection Christian could offer anyway, and… Yeah, he’d been stupid. Pissing off a goddess enough that she sought him out like this? Very, very dumb, Chris. His voice was quiet as he murmured, “I shouldn’t have pressed my beliefs on how people should act on you; that was wrong. Not everyone will agree with me, and I assumed that Gabriel would feel the same as I did, which was also wrong.”

@alex
D&D/None/All-All

92 Posts
8 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Moon

Sune smiled sadly at Chris's words, nodding her agreement. "To paraphrase my beloved Arjay, to love truly is to put a knife through your heart, and let someone else twist it as they will." She sighed, her hand resting above where such a muscle resided in her own form, though hers was of less significance for bodily function. "You wonder how I could survive such pain- but the answer will be as foreign to you as all that I am. I am a being of Love, it is in my very nature to give and take that pain. I survive it because I must- but also because all pain is temporary, and the memories of those loves will last."

She ducked her head in acknowledgement of his point, one that only the other gods had understood enough to not need to question her. "I offer. Every time, I offer. But my children are born of the kind of loves that surpass definition- and they are too much my children. Not a single one of them has ever chosen immortality, godhood, over their loved ones. To be immortal is to know you will be separated from those you care for, and I do not make decisions for others."

She sighed softly in contemplation. It had occurred to her that it may be a form of cruelty to give birth to an immortal child, knowing that they would outlive their loves regardless of their opinion. No matter how much Sune planned to try and make that as painless as possible, she did not want her child to suffer.

Sune nodded slightly, relaxing with his internal monologue that confirmed his lack of grudge. She'd probably still be careful around him, but that was because she could feel the energy radiating from the sphere he carried. Especially here in her domain, she had the damn thing wrapped in a containing field. She smiled at him. "It is alright Chris. I have made mistakes in the past as well. It is simply that I would never do anything, least of all inside his home, to hurt Arjay when I didn't need to."

She moved to sit up and reach for a drink before she grumbled and grabbed it with her magic instead.

"So! That leaves us with open air, and I'm sure there are some things you would like to ask. Most mortals do." She waved her hand at him, taking a sip from her tea. "Please, feel free."

@eve
DC-DCTVU-1

446 Posts
19 Threads
Nyte

It took a solid moment for the realization of what Sune said to really click in for Christian. He was nodding his agreement with how Arjay put what love was into words when she spoke about his wonderment at how she had survived the pain of love and loss. He went still as he realized that she could see into his mind, that she knew all of his secrets, the good and the bad, before he relaxed just a touch. What was done was done, and there wasn’t anything Christian could do to help it. It was, perhaps, a fatalistic way of viewing it, but as frightened as he was by the goddess sitting with him, he knew it was also the truth. Instead, he resolved to be as polite and fair minded as possible moving on, and let it go. Her answer, however, was not as foreign as she might think. Christian understood surviving something because you had to. Being what you were because it was what you were. He was a magician by nature, not study. He had lived in a group home, misunderstood and disliked by nearly all there, because he’d had to. He loved Safi with a helplessness borne of who he was. His question when he asked wasn’t doubtful, there was no disrespect in his tone or mind, it was a burning need to know, “Have you… Have you felt this? He says he love me, but he won’t...can’t… I don’t understand why, but I can’t disrespect it, either..” By the time he finished, his voice was nearly a soft sob, tears running silently down his cheeks, but his shoulders didn’t shake, his back didn’t bow.

He asked his question about her children, and he let her respond, blinking at her as he listened and watched. By the time she was finished speaking, he had carefully placed his satchel on the ground, showing a measure of trust (if she were going to smite him or something as terrible as that, she would have done it by now, and he didn’t believe her to be a thief even a little bit) and moved, standing up out of his chair and moving forward. It was evident in his movement, his gait, that he had no ill will toward her, and in fact he did not. Instead, he moved to wrap the goddess in a warm, careful hug, taking into consideration the pregnancy he had yet to mention or dwell on mentally. Christian gave good hugs, the kind that made you feel loved and cared for, at least other humans thought so, and more than one Orion had indicated they agreed. It was this sort of hug he gave Sune, not the kind of hug you gave to someone you didn’t really like, or thought badly of, but the kind of hug you gave a friend or family member. The kind of hug you gave when you wanted the other person to know they weren’t alone. “Love isn’t really fair, not even to the incarnation of it, I guess.”

The hug didn’t last all that long; Christian was well aware it wasn’t really his place, but she’d been so sad, and with such good reason, he couldn’t help himself. She was a goddess, sure, but that didn’t mean she didn’t need, want, or deserve comfort. He pulled away and retreated back to his chair, once again folding his hands in his lap and looking down, this time less out of terror than it was respect, giving her a moment to decide how to deal with both his action and her sadness. And if she told him never to touch her again, well… He’d understand. He had yelled at her, after all. “I think everyone makes mistakes at least sometimes.” He seemed to make them pretty constantly, himself. With Safi, and Tony especially.

Some questions? Christian blinked, then looked at her, “Is there… Is there a way to make this… Easier?” Not just for himself; Christian was in pain, certainly, but his primary concern was, as always, for the people he loved the most; Safi and Belle. Safi seemed to wish he didn’t love Chris, wanted to be with Tony. And Belle… He knew that Jim’s disappearance had hurt her… If he could help them, and yes, maybe himself while he was at it, all of their lives could be better.

@alex
D&D/None/All-All

92 Posts
8 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Moon

It was for the best that Chris came forward to offer her a hug because Sune had been tempted to do the same. Though being fair- she was pregnant, and using it as an excuse to do as little movement as possible. "Oh darling, I know." She held him as a mother would a child, rubbing soothing circles into his back. "I told you before that you loved powerfully- this is the worst part of that." She wiped the tears from his cheeks. "He only says such because he cares for you. If he is not ready to give you what you need, it will only be more painful for both of you- and you may lose any shot of a better outcome."

Sitting upright, rather than lounging as she had been, she carefully tilted his face up. "I know, it could be so much easier. But I will simply counsel this- have patience. There is hope. There are futures where you have everything you wish for."

Her green eyes turned muddled gold for a moment, pupils swallowed by the colour, before she blinked and smiled again. "Though it would be cheating to tell you their probability. I meddle, but I will not manipulate the will of others." Sune offered, biting her lip slightly to contain her mischief.

She did nod slightly at the comment about Love. "My heart is as mercurial as any other. Though unlike others, no matter how much intervention I give, I can not change my own affections."

She did not bother remarking about everyone making mistakes- they both knew it to be true. And she had simply shared that she had made mistakes so as to ease Chris's conscience. While it was true, she didn't feel the need to share any of that with Chris.

"I will not affect your relationship with Safi. I am sorry Chris, but to take away Safi's love- to free him to love another... I will not do this. Not without better reason than your belief that he would be happier. And I trust that you understand- though I bare you no ill will, your criticisms came in public. I cannot grant you a boon, not when others may see it as carte blanche to treat me with less respect than they ought." She smiled at him, and caressed his cheek despite her words. "But I will grant you this- or rather- I will grant your sister this. I will give her a blessing- it will not change her love, nor will it force her to love any others. But it will function as a-" Sune paused, her smiled growing, "A 'good luck' charm. It will be easier for her to move on, to love again."

Her voice softened and she touched his hand. "And I can offer advice. Love is not easy- but what does make it easier- is speaking with those who care for you. Spending time where you know you are wanted. Remind yourself that you are not alone." She offered softly, gesturing at one of her exarchs who automatically handed her a handsome chain with a small pendant that was a shifting blue- between those of his two loves' eyes.

"I will give you this. No matter where they are, you will be able to find the ones you love by touching this. And you will know, without a doubt, that you are loved. Though you must promise to keep it underneath your shirt." Sune explained, lifting the chain and laying it around his neck. Before pulling the collar of his shirt back in place. She paused, before her smile turned off. She gripped his chin and twisted his head so his eyes met hers. Then her hand let go as he would find himself incapable of turning his head away. "In fact," She said, speaking quietly, though the words held a reverb that should be physically impossible. "I think you will never remember where this chain came from. Only that it is important, you care for it too much to throw it away, and you will know what it does."

Stepping back, she sat back down and smiled once more, the spell broken, such that Chris would not remember anything past her advice. It would be as thought nothing happened, if it weren't for the chain now sitting beneath his shirt.

@eve
DC-DCTVU-1

446 Posts
19 Threads
Nyte

What could he say? Chris was a hugger, and he gave good hugs, too. It helped that he liked the gentle sort of embraces, comforting, reassuring, warm, not just for the receiver, but for both sides. He gave as good as he got, but he couldn’t help it. The Hub was a marvelous place, but like most things in life, it hurt, too. “I won’t push him. I don’t want to. I just don’t want him to be so unhappy, either.” His own happiness came a far second to that of the people he loved.

Patience. That was what Kai had said, too. He was trying, striving, giving Safi space and time since that night. Christian’s life had become a cycle of work, cooking, magic, and Hub. He was growing his magical abilities quickly, striving to get better, in part because he loved magic, but also because Safi knew about magic, and Christian wanted so badly to impress the man… But Safi didn’t so much as bat an eye at anything that Christian could do. So Chris learned ever more.

“I wouldn’t ask you to.” The smile was small, but it was there, “I don’t want anyone to be forced into anything. Especially not Safi. And I don’t want to know what my chances are, because knowing there’s a chance means that there’s a chance that things turn out badly, too, and that’s scary enough.” The idea of losing Safi turned his stomach as it was, thinking that it could be a pretty good chance to happen? That made him feel weak and sick.

He blinked and looked up at Sune when she mentioned taking Safi’s love away, shaking his head, “I wouldn’t ask that of you. It’s not my place to make a request like that.” And on top of it, he wasn’t sure he wanted that to happen, but that was selfish, and Christian forcibly pushed that reasoning aside. If Safi wanted Sune to wipe away his love for Christian, Christian would bring the man to Sune and ask her to do what Safi wished. He would stand next to the bodyguard and smile and tell him it was okay, that this would be easier for both of them, and then later, when he was alone, Chris knew he would cry until he couldn’t keep his eyes open anymore. But that would be the right thing to do. He loved Safi enough to do that. She wouldn’t or couldn’t help Safi, but she could help Belle, and Christian turned a grateful smile on the goddess, his voice thick with emotion, “Thank you. She deserves that, to be able to move on, to find someone again. I understand you can’t be terribly kind to me elsewhere, but I’m glad you gave me the chance to apologize.”

Spend time where he knew he was wanted. That meant with Belle, because he wasn’t sure about his welcome in Tony’s mansion, and Safi… Well, Safi would be glad to get a break, Chris was sure. Speaking to those who cared about him… Chris had a few friends, most of them here in Hub, but he could speak with them, spend time with them. The chain drew his eyes even as she explained what it was and what it did. It was beautiful. “I’ll treasure it.” A gift from a goddess, Christian certainly would cherish it! He didn’t so much as twitch when she moved to put the chain around his neck; she had accepted his apology, they had shared a hug, and she had comforted him and let him cry, and that meant a lot to Chris. He didn’t doubt her, he trusted her as much as he trusted nearly anyone. So when she grabbed him by the chin and forcefully twisted his head, his eyes went wide, surprised, a trickle of fear once again creeping into him, but he didn’t fight her. She’d been kind to him, this sudden turn was something he didn’t understand. Once she started speaking, his eyes glazed over as her words settled onto him like a blanket.

When she let him go and sat back down, he smiled at her widely, fear gone, feeling only warmth for someone he viewed as a friend.

@alex
D&D/None/All-All

92 Posts
8 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Moon

Sune rarely found comfort in the arms of mortals, happiness, love, friendship, lust, all easily found- but when one was a deity, the things you needed comfort on were generally past what a mortal could offer. Chris brought the count of mortals in the hub that comforted her up to a solid two- and this was more of a short term comfort than anything.

Her own majesty, she loved Arjay.

"If he cares about you, then if you do things that make you happy, he'll be happy for you. So you should practice your magic regardless of impressing him. And if it doesn't work out with Safi, one way or another, you can stay and cry in my company for as long as you'd like. My chosen are skilled with comfort also, and will supply you with as many chocolates and tissues as you need." She offered softly, a secondary avatar sitting down and wrapping an arm around his shoulders.

"We know darling, you see. Your sister and you share something far more important than genetics." Hanali murmured softly, tapping the front of his chest.

"The love she has for you is just as pure as the love you have for her. There are five mortals in the hub who would recognize me without fail- and you and your sister both count among that number." Sune explained with a smile. She had never met the redhead personally, but the purehearted touched their surroundings in the same manner the corrupt did- everything was brightened for their time there. If you could see well enough, and focused on the right things, it was as easy to read as any sign.

Hanali snatched a grape from a nearby plate before giving one last squeeze and dispersing. "Sorry." Sune offered politely. "Too many balls in the air to devote two avatars to anyone who is not a very important V.I.P." She grinned again to herself, hand drifting to her abdomen again at the thought of Arjay once more.

It did sadden her slightly to see him regain his fear as she spoke, but she knew that had she taken the time to explain what she was doing, he would have argued, and he would have lost a great deal more than a few seconds of memory. Besides which, his euphoria at the present was erased as well, and there was no point to crying over spilled milk. Taking the tea offered by her exarch, Sune smiled and patted their cheek affectionately. "Please, do help yourself. If there is a particular food or drink you wish for, I can state with comfortable certainty that we can acquire it."

@eve
DC-DCTVU-1

446 Posts
19 Threads
Nyte

As a goddess, Sune was more than terrifying; she was the embodiment of love, and Christian had so very much to lose when it came to his heart. But when you viewed Sune as a person, a powerful, beautiful person, one who could hurt, who knew pain, love, and the pain of love, that was different. She became someone he could empathize with, someone he could understand on a person to person level. And she deserved a hug, deserved comfort from someone who wasn’t looking for anything more than to be allowed to offer her what he could. It might not be long term comfort, but it was as warm and genuine as anything could be.

”If you do things that make you happy, he will be happy for you.”

There was no doubt in Christian’s mind where it came to Safi. If Safi said he loved him, then he loved him. If Safi said they couldn’t be together, then that was truth, no matter how much Chris wished it weren’t. She mentioned things not working out with Safi, and Christian blinked, having to work to really hear the rest of what the goddess said. He didn’t think that all the chocolate and tissues in the world would be enough to comfort him, but he just gave Sune a small smile and nod. It was nice to know he had someone he could turn to if things fell apart.

Hanali’s appearance earned wide eyes for a moment, but Christian settled fairly quickly, nodding his agreement with the goddess. The fact that he and Belle weren’t related by blood meant absolutely nothing to Chris or Belle; they were siblings, sister and brother, and nothing changed that. Nothing ever would. He and Belle both could see Sune for who she was? And there were only three others aside from them that could do so. Wow.

He smiled at Sune’s apology, “I don’t mind.” He understood perhaps better than most, that he wasn’t a VIP. Lexcorp had taught him that he might be one of the best there were at his job, that he wasn’t irreplaceable. Hub had taught him that no matter how talented he was, there were others he couldn’t hold a candle to. And meeting his hero had taught him that it didn’t matter how much he thought he knew about someone because half of everything would be made up.

It was natural to fear someone when they pressed their will upon you, but Christian wasn’t terrified, even with Sune’s hold on him, even before her will imposed itself on him, his fear was minor, nothing like it had been when he had first approached her in Central City. But then it was over, and he was fine. He smiled and looked at the table full of food before reaching over for one of the grapes that Hanali had taken, “Oh, I’m fine, I’m not…” He chuckled softly, “I’m not that picky.”

@alex
D&D/None/All-All

92 Posts
8 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Moon

Sune sometimes felt like she was intruding to read a mortal's mind, but it did ensure that conversation rarely came to an abrupt stop. She smiled softly at his thoughts. She had explained such to others before, but very few people understood that she was the embodiment of love, and she was the person. That they were not two different individuals- rather that they were one and the same. It would be strange for the incarnation of love to not love. And if one loved, one could be hurt. It was as simple as that.

Not that anything to do with Gods was particularly simple.

She heard all of his thoughts, taking a small moment to squeeze him once more to her side at the concern in his heart. It didn't matter, in the grander scheme of things, whether or not this man would find love with his cherished one- but she understood the pain of longing. Of not being able to have what you wished for more than anything. She couldn't give him a blessing. Nor could she give his Safi a blessing. She could not let anyone see her as being weak, willing to cow her head to someone who was so rude to her, especially not as she was.

Sune's defences were not as strong as they could be. Not now, while her power concentrated on the growth of a healthy child, and she could not risk even an illusion of weakness when it might spur someone to seek her out while she was an easier target.

Still she commiserated with the man's plight enough that she laid a hand on his and sent a brief pulse of her power through him to ease the pain. At least while he was in her domain. She could offer that.

She grinned at his thoughts, his surprise that he and his sister were so special. "There are three kinds of people who can see me as what I am without effort. Other divine beings, those who can see my nature. My champions, as they are so familiar with me that they are not capable of seeing me for anything other than what I am. And those who love with the purity of heart that no one else possesses. Of the five mortals in the hub who can see me, two of them are my champions. You are a very important person Chris. I simply meant that of those five VIPs, there is only one who I would do almost anything for."

She placed her hands on her abdomen, impatient for the day that her child would begin to move, smiling more easily than she did at anything else. "That one person is the father of my child. In other words, My Safi. I imagine someone like Gabriel is still a very important person to you, but that Safi will always be more important. That is all that I meant."

She laughed slightly at his comment. "There is a difference between being picky and having preferences." Sune offered, sipping at a cup of jasmine tea that was set in her hand without prompting. "Now that the important conversation is over however, let us enjoy. Have you read any good books lately?"

@eve (out tag but she's super talkative sorry. But just imagine them having tea and shooting the shit until Chris wants to leave.)