Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thread Contributor: 616 Tony StarkDrown Your Sorrows
Marvel-616

255 Posts
9 Threads
Job: Director of SHIELD
Ship Status: Open to shipping
Sexual Orientation: Sure, with just about anyone (but I don't want to write it explicitly)
Jasmine (starkly-tony)

All Accounts Posts: 383
It was a warm night. Tony's latest engineering binge had kept him in the lab for the last fourteen hours refitting several joints in the armor. He was tired, but not nearly tired enough to sleep. He wanted a drink. So he pulled a bottle of scotch from the cabinet, carefully poured a single glass, and headed up to the roof.

It was fine. He had everything under control. Ever since he'd taken that first drink, when Chris and Steve had been snuggled up together on the couch, he'd been pleasantly surprised to find that he really could handle himself. He'd gone another two days, then had another glass, and left it at that. Then another couple of days and another one. He'd gotten into a nice routine of finishing off the day with a glass of something good. He hadn't fallen off the wagon. He was just handling it better than he ever had before. There was really no reason to deny himself now that that was the case.

He finished climbing the stairs to the roof and did a double take. Safi was sitting alone with a bottle, looking distinctly...well, miserable.

Tony glanced at the glass in his hand then set it down out of sight. He didn't need Safi to know, just yet, what Tony was doing. Even though he was fine. Then he cleared his throat to announce his presence and approached, stopping a few feet from where Safi was sitting.

"Safi? Everything all right?"

@kel
DC-TV-1

356 Posts
8 Threads
Job: Bodygaurd
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

All Accounts Posts: 1,371
Safi had held it together. Days had passed since the night it had all come tumbling down and he had carefully made sure that Chris didn't see a damn bit of difference in his behavior. Tonight...tonight Chris was busy and wouldn’t miss him, and so with all the skills as a trained infiltrator Safi planned what he needed for the night.

So funny story:
Good Jews didn’t smoke.
Good Jews could drink as long they weren’t drinking to escape.
Good Jews could take drugs for pain relief or medical reasons.

So at the moment Safi was being a very bad Jew.
But at the moment he felt he could make a salient argument for the last one.

The harsh burn of Doka smoke took him back to his days in the military, “Did i ever tell you The Mossad tried to recruit me when i retired?” he wasn’t so far buzzed to not hear the door opening, or recognize Tony’s foot step. Hell half the reason Doka was used was as a attention focusing agent. Safi took another long drag, lips wrapped around the hand rolled paper filtered cigarette. “They thought even though I looked like a good white boy my skills would be perfect for long term undercover work.” Safi’s off hand closed around the clear liquid filled tumbler, ”they ever thought it would be a benefit. Cheers.” he finished in perfect russian toasting Tony before killing the shot.

@starkly
Marvel-616

255 Posts
9 Threads
Sexual Orientation: Sure, with just about anyone (but I don't want to write it explicitly)
Jasmine (starkly-tony)

Well, that more or less answered his question. Tony closed the rest of the distance, the unfamiliar smell of the smoke waiting around Safi making him pause for a moment. He had no problem with drug use, per se, though in his experience the combination of alcohol, drugs, and the time of voice Safi had just used rarely spelled anything good.

"You didn't tell me that," Tony said in a measured tone, sitting down beside him.

For a few seconds he couldn't take his eyes off the glass in Safi's hand, or the smell of it cutting through the smoke. He needed it, or wanted it, with an intensity that made it impossible to distinguish between the two. Everything had fallen apart, and he just needed to take the edge off. He'd been so close to relief tonight, but now...

"Let me join you," he said, nodding toward the glass in Safi's hand, before he could think better off it. He wanted to be there for Safi, he really did, especially considering how much Safi had tried to help him through the first few months he'd been in the Hub. But he couldn't--he just couldn't handle anyone else's problems without a little something to dull his own. "Then you should tell me what's going on."

@"kel"
DC-TV-1

356 Posts
8 Threads
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

“I am a very good honey trap.” Safi’s tongue flicked out, chasing a drop. “And have that moral flexibility to kill after fucking if I had to.” Bright blue eyes followed Tony’s gaze, he saw he knew and the thread of him not wallowing in his own pain winced.

“Are you sure you want to do that?” Pouring Tony a drink would be the same as handing a suicidal man a loaded gun, and safi wanted to believe he was better than that.

The memory of Chris crumpled at the end of his bed so grateful that nothing had changed cut through him.

No he really wasn’t was he?

Safi poured a glass, meeting Tony’s eyes...and downed it slowly.

God he was a perfect asshole wasn’t he?

Best to put the cherry on top.

He curled his hand around the back of Tony’s neck pulling the other man into a deep kiss, licking the taste of vodka into his mouth.

Jews don’t have a hell.

Good thing he had made his own.

@starkly (@eve for lurking)
Marvel-616

255 Posts
9 Threads
Jasmine (starkly-tony)

Tony stared at Safi, not bothering to attempt the impossible task of disguising his hunger, both for the man in front of him and what he had in his hand.

"I gathered that," Tony said a touch distantly. "Why're you up here now?"

Then he was asking if Tony was sure, as if it wasn't obvious already. But before Tony could even answer Safi was draining his own glass and pulling Tony in for a kiss.

Tony wanted it. He wanted all of it.

It occurred to him, for a brief moment while Safi's mouth was in his, that Safi was trying to hurt him. It also occurred to him in nearly the same instant that he didn't really mind. If Safi needed this, well, maybe Tony did too. He thought of Steve looming over him and smashing in his helmet again and again, and raising his should for that final blow, and pulled Safi closer, deepening the kiss for a few seconds before letting go abruptly.

"I'm sure," Tony said roughly. He had it under control. A drink now--even a few--that was fine. He was fine. He could be the company Safi needed and dull the pain in lurking in his own chest while he was at it. "Now pour me a drink and tell me what you need."

@"kel"
DC-TV-1

356 Posts
8 Threads
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

Even as drunk as he was, or as he wanted to be there were things Safi could never vocalize; like how after that first time coming back from Hub his old CO came to visit accompanied by the same Mossad Mage that had taught him how to carve himself up to feed magic. Apparently even across universes his usage of that sigel had been noticed.

Safi found himself with a choice; tell them everything including about Chris...or slant his report. The fact that they had reactivated him, that he had become what he’d once turned down...that mattered less than making sure that Chris never popped on their radar as anything other than a joke.

Major Safi Wasem came to Hub, slept with Tony Stark, made contacts, took back samples, and reported everything back to IDF.

Did he care about Tony? Yes yes he did. But as he admitted to Chris, if he had to choose...well that fight had already been played out.

This was why he had turned out the offer to become an intelligence asset, why he had rejected a life of lies. He did not WANT to be here when everything he saw and did (or who) had to be reported back.

One fucking night he was taking off, he was going to get high enough to maybe forget that he was living a lie to protect a man he loved who he couldn’t, didn’t dare infect with his...everything. Forget that he was sleeping with another man who he DID care about, who should have been a friend without reservations.

Safi broke apart from the harsh kiss, blindly splashing clear liquid into both glasses, “You.” he’s voice was smoke rough, pausing his rapid fire shot to answer Tony’s question. The second the other man matched his gesture Safi pulled him back into a rough kiss, calloused hands shoving shirts out of the way, edging the other man on.

Normally Safi had been so far a very well… gentle lover, considerate, accommodating, conscious always that he shared a dead man's face. Tonight he was none of those things. Tonight he was edging on brutal and egging Tony on to be the same, harsh nips, finger marks that would bruise even with extremis, vocally encouraging him when Tony used that enhanced strength on him.

What Safi needed, what he craved in that moment was to be hurt needed it in a horrific way; he was betraying this man, betraying the man he had admitted to loving, betraying his country, his home. He lifted Tony’s hand to own neck putting pressure on his palm.

He didn’t let himself think about how much more brutal this was, to try and make Tony choke the doppelganger of the man he blamed himself fors death.

Did he want to die? Not exactly. But he did want the pain.

@starkly