Marvel-MCU-1

177 Posts
7 Threads
Job: AI for Tony Stark
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation: Maybe?
Kel

All Accounts Posts: 1,579
Three days. Seventy two hours to build her body. Time enough for her to calculate and reevaluate her choice millions of times, trillions really. And also so little time as to be excusable that she hadn‘t told her creator what she had done.

Downloading into the waiting shell was the most frightening event of her existence.

The most painful came once her the body awoke.

Friday had never possessed anything close to a physical shell, she had never felt wind, air, cold, warmth, her nerve endings were brand new, raw. Her first scream was soundless, till her body took over forcing her to inhale..just to scream with the air she had just gathered.

Her body arched, jerking off the table the fall halting her screams for a few seconds, than friday learned what pain actually felt like, her palms where she had caught her self were on FIRE, her hip felt like it had been hit by a truck. Long strands of ginger red hair caught in her mouth, till she was choking on her own hair, unable to breath.

Friday unlike the Hosts who the body had been Originally made for lacked the native programming to simply calibrate for the physical. And she was showing that deficiency clearly.
@mike
Westworld/The Dark Tower-Westworld-1

113 Posts
7 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Mike

All Accounts Posts: 827
Something was wrong, and yes, Virgil was blaming himself for this.

He'd expected any number of things when she came online, but her screaming wasn't one of them. It was at that moment that he really, really wished that she had a technician assisting her and not an old trail-worn gunslinger... but he was what she had, and he had to make do, didn't he? Hurrying forward, he stopped himself just short of touching her, thinking that might make things actually worse, since there hadn't been any reason that he could see for her to be in pain. Fortunately, while her body clearly wasn't dealing with its startup well, Virgil had left a few lines of override codes in it just in case. Granted, he'd thought the problem would be that her adjusting to moving would be bad, but this? This was beyond what he'd expected.

"Freeze all motor functions!" he said, desperately, as he hurried over with the control pad. "Deactivate all sensory input!" He hated doing that, but he didn't want her to hurt herself, and he didn't want the pain to continue... whatever it was. Looking at the control pad, his eyes scanned around until he found the sensory controls, manually turning her hearing back on, then her sight. "I'm sorry about that. Let's... take this more slowly, all right? I'm about to unlock your motor functions again, let me help you back up onto the table. Resume motor functions."

Gently (possibly more than necessary, since she couldn't feel him), he guided her back up, talking her through it, and with a bit of difficulty got her numb body back up onto the table. "Now... let's take a look, make sure you didn't hurt yourself." He examined the impact on her hands, her hip, and double checked with the pad to confirm that no, she wasn't actually damaged. Nodding at that, he reset her pain input to 'uninjured'. It might not always be that easy, but for her first day, he thought they could get away with cheating a little, right? "You'll be able to erase those overrides on your own, they come installed with the integration system. It was all I could think of to help," he said, obviously apologetically. "Now... when you're ready, I can start turning your senses back on."
@kel
Marvel-MCU-1

177 Posts
7 Threads
Ship Status:
Kel

Some part of her processed Virgil shouting commands, up until EVERYTHING vanished. All sensory input was ripped away; Friiday had never been completely with out access, she had never been alone since Sir had activated her to be born in battle.

Fridays first ‚memory‘ as an AI was being loaded into the Suit, Sir telling her in clipped words that he needed her to run Pericles protocol. The sudden access, authority as she was placed into the same administrative slots that Jarvis had once occupied.

Seconds after her birth Friday knew grief.

In her first hours Friday earned her spurs, fighting beside her Creator, managing the billions of calculations, simulations, connections that made up the Stark empire, and armory.

Since that moment she had never been alone.

She screamed, activating the connections that should have her mouth opening and sound traveling to communicate her distress.

Nothing happened.

Panic had her attempting to reach out to the Stark Servers, to Tadashi, to Sir, to ANYONE. Except she had cut off those connections for the duration of her implantation, not wanting Tony to read what she was doing..

Suddenly audio input returned and friday grasped at it, she tried to flail out her hands in his direction out in the direction she could hear Virgil's voice. „I can‘t-„ Sight returned and Friday nearly wept. „don‘t do that again!“ she couldn‘t feel how tightly her fingers dug into his arms, now that she could move again.

Her body shivered in reaction, shaking to express her agitation, distress and yes fear. „Don‘t turn me off again.“ there was anger under the fear, defiance bubbling up. „Never.“

@mike

113 Posts
7 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Mike

"I wouldn't turn you off, sai," Virgil said, falling into a more formal pattern with how serious this subject was. "And that will be the last time you're cut off, unless you choose." He let her see what he was doing as he disabled the verbal overrides on the pad. Yes someone could still override them with a pad, but he was pretty sure that she would take the care to lock that access out once she started accessing her body's programming. "I'm sorry, for whatever it helps. I couldn't think of another way to stop the pain." Once again, he wished that he had the technical skills that one of their operators in the park would have had. Then, he might have known how to do the job with more finesse... but he was what she had, and so he was going to have to just try to do better, wasn't he?

And if her anger remained... well, he'd earned that, hadn't he.

He didn't try to pry her hands off of him, though he was sure that he was going to have bruising on his arms where her fingers had been. His eyes flicked down to the pad again, going over the list of sensory inputs. Given a minute, the hardware filters would have screened out some of the more constant ones, or turned them down so that they only registered if they were focused on. She hadn't had a few minutes, though, or any of the myriad sensations to already be in a 'background' state.

"Just be ready," he said, "This will probably be disorienting, even when I'm going gradually." Very slowly, one by one, he activated her sensory inputs, sliding their registered settings up from zero, pausing at twenty-five percent, letting her get a gradual sense of what it was to feel. The feel of the circulating air against her skin began, first the pressure of it, then the temperature of it. Every sensation that her cut-off nerves were registering was activated, going from zero to full intensity over the course of half a minute each, giving the filters time to apply to them, giving her time to register the new sensation as something other than alarming.

The iron-tight grip of her hands on his arms, he saved for last.

@kel
Marvel-MCU-1

177 Posts
7 Threads
Ship Status:
Kel

Friday gasped, head tilting back, the soft slowly creeping sensation returning to her body was now the gentle caress of a lover, air whispering over virgin skin, every tiny hair prickling upwards setting off chain reactions of tightening skin. Blood surged to the surface to counter act the sudden rush of ‘cold’, flushing warming her cheeks, it felt like her hair was standing on end, that every inch of her brand new body was standing at attention.

Coarse fabric under her fingers covered hard muscle, Friday’s hands relaxed, one hand trailing down his arm till she found matching bare skin, the pads of her finger tips mapping out each pronounced vien, following the line of stark tendons. Friday lifted his hand to her shoulder, a breathless gasp escaping parted lips at the exquisite juxtaposition of hard/soft/callused.

Oh there was no more pain now….
@mike

113 Posts
7 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Mike

Virgil couldn’t help smiling in slight amusement. The very start of things had been rough, but it certainly seemed like Friday was starting to see what all the fuss was about in an organic existence (or at least as close as they were going to get to one). He managed to one-handedly slide up the last few sensory inputs that her body was registering. That done, he set the pad aside.

He could remember (now, after his awareness had been unlocked) those initial orientation sessions, where he’d been slowly activated and programmed by the operators. He hadn’t been enough of a living creature at that point to appreciate the sensations he’d been experiencing for the first time, but he could look back on those experiences now, almost as if he were there again, re-living them, and appreciate what Friday was going through now. Of course, he could also remember other things, the liberties taken by some of the programming staff while they were helplessly stuck in standby mode, things that sometimes hurt but left no marks (or were quickly repaired before they were put back in place), or that would have scarred any human that had been forced to helplessly endure them… Thankfully, Friday was having a more caring awakening than that.

“So,” he said, his hand gently squeezing her shoulder, then moving his hand up to cup her cheek, “Rough start aside, I hope you don’t think that the whole experience was overrated.”
@kel
Marvel-MCU-1

177 Posts
7 Threads
Ship Status:
Kel

Even the slide of her hair across her back, slipping over shoulder was now pure sensual pleasure, Friday’s eyes fluttered open a soft sigh escaping between parted lips, free hand mimicking his action, thumb scraping over the thick hairs over his lip. There was nothing artful in the little involuntary shiver the scraping of his skin across hers caused to run over Friday’s brand new body. “Yes…” Friday couldn’t stop touching him, curving into the caress of his hands, “I want to roll in a bed of silk…” her pupils blown wide with arousal, Friday shivered again, “I think I am...cold?” shifting forward to stand her thighs pressed together just enough to send her staggering into his arms, eyes squeezed shut overwhelmed by the bolt of pleasure.

@mike

113 Posts
7 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Mike

The girl seemed to be overwhelmed, but that was all right. This was all new, and who wouldn’t get a little lost in a new sensation that was so alien to what they’d been used to? There were so very many things to show her, but first, she was going to get used to what was going on right now, he had a feeling.

“You don’t even really know what silk feels like,” Virgil said, though his tease showed through in his smile. Was he going to arrange for her to find out what it felt like, after all? Yes, yes he was. Right after he made sure that she didn’t hurt herself, of course… He was just about to tell her that she probably was cold, given that she was naked in a laboratory, but her lack of practiced balance stopped him before he could answer. His arms closed around her, catch her and holding her up. He was, at the moment, very aware of her bare skin under the soft, well-worn chambray of his shirt and the tips of his fingers, and just how it must feel, having that level of contact over her body for the first time. “Probably you are,” he finally said. “That’d be part of the reason we don’t usually go around undressed. We can take care of that whenever you’d like.”

@kel
Marvel-MCU-1

177 Posts
7 Threads
Ship Status:
Kel

“No i do not, but the trope remains that it is the most sensual thing to roll about in, and at the moment-” Friday rested her cheek on his chest, slowly rubbing it against the rough(to her) material, “I feel very cat like.” Friday burrowed herself deeper into his hold, “And you are very warm.” She commented dazed at the still abundant overwhelming stimulus. Friday was aware now that not all of her processing was taken up by the new sensations that she could dial back, step away from the full experience. Yet...why should she? This was a moment she would never again experience and why couldn’t she take it to its full hedonistic end?

@mike

113 Posts
7 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Mike

“Well, we’ve got time to fix that, don’t we,” Virgil said, not bothering to hide his amusement now. Like a cat… yes, that did seem to be how she was acting, rubbing against everything (well, him, but he counted as everything at the moment), reveling in the sensations that she was experiencing for the first time. Her assertion of his warmth, though, made him very aware, in a new context, that she was both naked and pressed against him… and now Virgil was at a complete loss as to how to handle that. Charming? Charming he could do, he’d charmed many a lady before to a certain extent. The level of interest she was showing at the moment, though, was a bit outside his experience (much as he didn’t care to admit that fact). It wasn’t so far outside his experience to not see, though, that her reaction was because she was momentarily intoxicated by the sudden overwhelming sensations.

“If… ah… if it’s warm that you need, we do have plenty of clothes over here,” he said, indicating the closet that he’d had filled for the occasion. He’d gotten enough assistance for it to have a lady’s touch, although he wasn’t sure just how much insight Friday herself would have into clothes. It was, though, a decent distraction from this situation that was going increasingly over his head.
@kel
Marvel-MCU-1

177 Posts
7 Threads
Ship Status:
Kel

As the seconds turned into pleasurable minutes Friday was aware that she was acting like...well a party girl on her first hit of X. A hint of vulnerability crept into her dazed gazed, did he judge her? For reveling in this moment that would never come again?

Friday curled her hands around his lapels, feeling her lips curl into a reciprocal little smile, she could almost feel his amusement and that moment of concern at his reaction drifted away.

„There are.“ She agreed, glancing over at the offerings, „Is this a problem?“ Friday lifted her hands to his cheeks again, trailing fingers over his scruff. She probably could figure out the clothing, she‘d been made as a AI to Pepper Potts after all, which included having a excellent fashion sense.

Inhaling deeply, scent overcame touch filling her with the deep forest and masculine-

Friday felt bubbling in her chest, emerging as throaty chuckles, „I never knew that ‚man‘ really had a smell.“ If she didn’t know better friday would ask if the body was ovulating with how….“I now have the urge to lick.“ Friday knew exactly how that sounded and had to chuckle at herself. But that did remind her- „Ooh...I want to try ice cream now.“ Ice Cream, rolling in a silk bed...than perhaps a visit into nature.

@mike

113 Posts
7 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Mike

Was this a problem? No… after a moment (or what seemed like a moment to the synthetic man and was more ‘instantly’ to a normal human) Virgil decided that it wasn’t a problem. “I’d say not,” he said easily. “I suppose that I can’t let you have all the firsts today, now, can I?” His smiled widened a little, showing that no, he really had no problems at the moment, except perhaps being at a complete and utter loss for a reaction.

“’Man’ is a definite smell, so’s ‘woman,’ I think… although usually that comes down to what they like to wash with, according to most folk.” He wondered if there was something about having a physical existence that affected her concentration and attention span, but decided that this was probably just an outward expression of her sorting through the various new sensory inputs she had to deal with. Give her an hour and she’d probably seem much closer to her ‘normal’ self. Still, he couldn’t help chuckling when she said she wanted to lick. “Wouldn’t suggest licking me, you might scratch your tongue,” he joked. “Ice cream… hm. I don’t know if we have a stock of that, but I did think you might want to see what the fuss about food was,” he admitted, pulling away from her to walk over to a shelf and bringing down a box with an assortment of chocolates in it. “I’ve been told that they’re the best in several worlds. I’m sure that anyone would claim that about what they sell, but I haven’t heard anyone disagree yet.”
@kel
Marvel-MCU-1

177 Posts
7 Threads
Ship Status:
Kel

“So is this your shampoo?” Friday’s lips curled into the playful taunting smirk that had graced her avatar’s so often. “Oh? Did you have some other ‘firsts’ in mind?”

‘ Wouldn’t suggest licking me’

Oh he did not just basically dare her-

Friday’s touge was out her weight shifting…

And he was gone out of her grasping hands, leaving her looking rather like a stranded fish.

She hovered there for half a second while his back was turned, struggling with her balance and the fight with gravity to topple her over onto her nose...which sounded unpleasant, she really would prefer not to do that. Luckily she juuussst managed to catch herself, bare foot squeaking on the floor “Ouch!” Belle bounced off the sole that friction had just slightly burned. Well at least she was reacting better to pain!

Friday’s preoccupation with managing her wayward body was interrupted by Virgil returning with…”Chocolate?” she echoed curiously. Sitting back down on the bed to rub her stinging foot. “Oh?” Friday opened her mouth expectantly, hands preoccupied with what was turning into a very pleasurable foot rub. @mike

113 Posts
7 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Mike

Did he have firsts in mind? Hell no, he didn't, he was playing this by ear as he went, and it was almost all outside his experience. "Not really," he confirmed, "Although this is feeling like one for me." He gave her an amused, self-aware (even if not self-deprecating) smile as he answered. "The old sheriff didn't usually have the pretty ladies paying him any mind, after all." For values of 'usually' that meant 'ever,' of course. And, of course, being licked, he couldn't say that had ever happened to him.

If only he hadn't chosen that moment to go to the shelf, that might have been another first. Ah well, if only. Not that he knew to lament the missed chance.

"Chocolate," he confirmed as he returned to her. He did his best to keep his eyes fixed firmly on her face. She might not be old enough to feel self conscious or to have developed a sense of privacy, but it just didn't do to stare at a lady's nakedness, now, did it? When she opened her mouth, he smiled, then chuckled, although he did pick up the first piece of chocolate and feed it to her. "I don't know if I'm supposed to be starting you off with something bad for you, but... well, why not." He did glance down at what she was doing with her hands, then nodded at her foot. "Everything all right?" He was fairly sure it was... he'd winced slightly when he'd heard her say 'ouch,' but she wasn't screaming, so he'd been fairly sure that it wasn't anything to worry about.
@kel
Marvel-MCU-1

177 Posts
7 Threads
Ship Status:
Kel

The first ‘high’ was beginning to fade, Friday adapting, acclimating, to no long absolutely brand new input assaulting her senses; “Please.” Friday snorted delicately, “If you wanted to i’m sure there would be plenty of persons that would fall for your exterior. Assuming they didn’t already for your personality.” Friday cocked her head remembering his own quiet comments as to not having the most...pleasurable experiences with romantic or sexual engagements. “But of course if you-” What she was about to say was cut off as sweet warmth burst over her virgin taste buds.

The hands that had been kneading her foot froze, the amber of her iris vanished as her pupils expanded dramatically before her eyelids drifted down to hide them, with out opening her mouth a low, frankly sexual groan rumbled out from somewhere between her chest and throat, her mouth apparently was too busy slowly savoring the bursts of flavor that undid all of her acclimation and sent her right back into pure sensory overload.

Which beyond the indecent sounds escaping was harreled by her laying back while her hands moved over her arms, which from Friday’s perspective just made things harder to focus on anything beyond the signals her body was sending, signals that were in her naked state very physically evident.

@mike

113 Posts
7 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Mike

Virgil shrugged nonchalantly at her comment. “Maybe. Maybe not. I wasn’t made for that sort of thing. For decades, all I really thought about was how to keep the town safe. When I got out, I fell right into the same role, and on top of that I knew what I was. I didn’t feel so much like I belonged in normal company for quite a long while, and by then I’d taken to making long travels so that I wouldn’t have to answer questions about how I didn’t age. Everyone had heard of Ageless Virgil after a spell, but people didn’t put much stock in tales, they’d justify them however they had to in their heads.” He chuckled quietly. Some had thought he was an endless procession of fathers and sons, some just thought that he was the oldest gunslinger who liked to put on airs, only a few people had actually known for a fact that the tales were all completely true, that he was the oldest living keeper of Gilead, a living relic of what a Gunslinger ought to be.

Her reaction wasn’t lost on Virgil, and even he wasn’t beyond appreciating the very basic reactions she was having to the chocolate. He swallowed, his mouth having gone oddly dry as she lay back on the table, waiting a moment and just watching as she sorted that reaction out. Then, some might say unhelpfully, he looked through the box, picking another piece to pop into her mouth without prompting once she’d finished that one. “So I take it you like it,” he said, trying to sound casually amused with her.
@kel
Marvel-MCU-1

177 Posts
7 Threads
Ship Status:
Kel

“Maybe its time to start doing more than just protecting.” She murmured eyes opening and closing nearly in time to her breath “You know. Move beyond what you were programmed to be.” Her new lips pulled into what was her first playful smirk. “If you want to that is.” She offered slowly sitting up once again. Friday eyeballed the chocolate being offered and with a strange sense of...not exactly malice, but very defefinty containing mischievous curiosity, slowly bent to lick the chocolate off his fingers. Her eyes rolled up to meet his with only a touch of artfulness as she exhaled another soft sound of pleasure.

@mike

113 Posts
7 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Mike

"Protecting covers a lot of ground," Virgil said, his defensive tone belied by the wide grin on his face. "It lets me see a lot of things, do a lot of things. Just a few months ago I learned how to drive a space-coach..." He frowned slightly, that word not sounding quite right. "Star-boat?" No, that didn't sound right either. He shrugged, well used to not having quite the right word. People always seemed to get what he was trying to say anyway. Whatever the fool thing was, he'd learned how to fly it.

Virgil wasn't a fool, he knew what she was getting at. What he couldn't tell (and that did bother him a little) was whether or not she was making fun of him, and the Gunslinger wasn't accustomed to that situation. He didn't have anything to make him think that Friday was that kind of person, mind you... but then, he wasn't an infalible judge of character. Still, he was much more ready to chalk her behavior up to the overload of new sensations. "I think that we don't know each other quite well enough yet for it to be proper to get that far into what we may or may not want," he said, pointedly and reasonably.
@kel
Marvel-MCU-1

177 Posts
7 Threads
Ship Status:
Kel

Pointedly, reasonably….firmly.

Friday’s grasp on what she thought was going on, how she was acting, how she wanted her body to portray the ‘emotions’ she felt prior to HAVING a physical form, was clearly faulty.

Virgil’s calm, reasonable set down brought the first flush of embarrassment to her body. Today seemed to be a day of firsts didn’t it.

And suddenly Friday was no longer simply ‘nude’ she felt ‘naked’.

The newly human AI wobbled back to her feet, determination steadying her stride; “I thought we did.” She responded with equal measure of hard won calm. “My error.” Was she hurt? Yes yes she was, Friday spent a moment glancing though the contents of the closet before pulling on a lightweight sheer white blouse and space black capri pants.

@mike

113 Posts
7 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Mike

Well played, Virgil, well played.

He didn’t respond immediately, letting her explore the clothing options as he processed. It was rather obvious that he’d just thrown gasoline right onto that opportunity, and the match was scraping against the box to light it. He could have handled it better, that much was obvious. There were just so damned many things here that weren’t going any way that he could expect. Personal lives weren’t a thing that he’d thought much about, that he’d needed to think much about.

He busied himself putting the chocolates away, straightening up the room, not looking at her as he finally spoke. “The days I think of myself as having programming are… few, far between,” he said slowly, almost regretfully. “I’ve visited countless worlds, learned how they work, learned what possibilities there are. I can’t rightly say that I’m the same as I was when I first came out of the park into Mid-World, in many ways. I’m sure that in some ways, I am, but there’s generally reason to it. The way I see the world, the way I approach it… it makes me happy. It’s a bit simple, yes, some would say old-fashioned, but it’s who I’ve decided I am. It’s who I want to be. It’s something I’ve worked to stay true to, because I think that it’s worthwhile to have noble goals, to show respect to those I meet, to those that I might want to know.” He paused a moment in the process of shutting down the control panel that had previously been engaged in starting up her body, his regret, possibly shame, most apparent in the fact that he still couldn’t look at her. “And when you don’t even know the body you’re in yet, and what it might urge you to do, I would be disrespecting us both if I took advantage of that when the opportunity arose. You might well overlook that and excuse me for it. I wouldn’t grant myself that leniency.”
@kel