Supernatural-N/A

87 Posts
7 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Jasmine

All Accounts Posts: 383
Dean walked into the bunker and threw his bag down on the table. He'd met with the Sune chick and she'd given him a spell that she'd claimed would work on even a powerful witch like this Rowena... and Dean was ready to head back to his own universe, grab Sam, and start hunting. But first he needed to grab some grub, his second and third-favorite guns, and the sword he'd bought off Queth on his first day in the Hub.

He was in a good mood. Really was nothing like having a solid hunt on the horizon. Not to mention, a way of helping Cas, and easing the tension he'd barely realized he'd been carrying since he'd met this older Cas here.

Dean puttered about for a few minutes, gathering his things, then went to find Cas. Even if the angel wouldn't approve, exactly, of what Dean was about to go do, he didn't want to leave without at least hollering a goodbye at him.

He found Cas peering down at a cell phone screen, and did a double take. Cas did...texting now? Whatever.

"Hey, man," he said. "Who are you texting? I mean, I'm jealous, but only, like, a little jealous, but that's just 'cause you never text me or anything." Dean stopped, and put a hand to his mouth like some kind of caricature of an offended lady. "I didn't mean to say that. Sorry. What the fuck?"

@"Castiel"
Supernatural-8th season?

94 Posts
6 Threads
Job: Hunt?
Ship Status: Single and curious about sex
Sexual Orientation: Demisexual
Moon

All Accounts Posts: 600
Castiel furrowed his eyebrows slightly, looking up the words in the message he had been sent before his mouth quirked upwards slightly. It was always nice to hear from Chris- and particularly so when he was in a conversational mood. So that's where he was when Dean came back, faced down at his phone, tapping a response, tiny smile on his face.

Cas startled slightly when the other man announced his presence. Twisting to look at Dean, he raised an eyebrow. "I am messaging Chris-" He began, moving to explain when Dean cut him off with a comment about jealousy. That- okay. That had Cas checking his ears for a moment because that was certainly not something he was expecting to hear from the hunter.

Once he was certain that the words had been spoken, Cas moved to address them.

"There is no need to curse Dean. I often say things that I didn't intend to say." Castiel offered in an attempt at comfort. "Though... I don't know why you would be jealous." The Angel muttered, his neck going pink at the idea of Dean caring in any way shape or form that Cas texted people that weren't Dean.

@starkly @jasmine can't remember what your tag is
Supernatural-N/A

87 Posts
7 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Jasmine

Okay, well, it didn't exactly surprise Dean that Cas didn't have a filter, costing the shit that come out of his mouth on a daily basis.

"That's different. As far as I know, you're not in love with your best friend," Dean said, then felt his face heating. "I--didn't mean to say that either. I mean, you are my best friend, and I am in love with you, and I had a dream just the other night that we were doing the dirty and obviously I'm jealous because you ditch me all the time and never return my calls but CHRIS make you smile and oh God please make me stop."

Dean slammed his mouth shut hard enough to make his teeth click then said there, breathing hard, and wondering how much of an overreaction it would be to jump over the table and run for the nearest portal. He remembered his encounter with the Goddess of Truth a couple years ago, and how people hadn't been able to stop from spilling their guts to him once she'd put the whammy on. Obviously something similar was happening here except it was a thousand times worse because he'd just told Cas the one thing he'd promised himself that no one could ever, ever know.

"I have to go," he added, turning abruptly toward the door. "Anywhere. But here. Cas. Bye."

@alex
Supernatural-8th season?

94 Posts
6 Threads
Moon

Cas didn't know what he was doing. On the one hand- he was standing there awkwardly trying to figure out how the words that were being spoken could possibly be real- and on the other hand his muscles were tensing to launch forward for the very real possibility that this was a dream and he could do whatever he wanted to Dean.

It was no wonder that the angel wasn't welcome in heaven anymore- considering that was one of the thoughts that went through his head. It was when Dean turned and ran for the door that it set in that this was really happening. Something was up with Dean- and either Cas was getting every wish in his messed up head- or someone had put some kind of puppet whammy on him.

And as much as Cas would like to pretend to be absolutely selfless and immediately jump to break the spell someone was using to make Dean say things he didn't mean- The angel wasn't capable of sacrificing the chance that this could possibly be true. He couldn't walk away- even to break this spell- just so that Dean could pretend none of this ever happened.

Cas winged in front of Dean, stopping him from leaving the room. "Dean." He croaked, reaching out and placing a hand on the hunter's shoulder. A hand that slid down his arm until Cas was just short of holding hands with him. "I'm sorry. I should prioritize breaking whatever spell is causing this." He started, before biting his lip. "And if you remember this, you will probably never consider me your friend again- but.... I need to know if you're telling the truth."

Realizing the way his fingers had hooked on to the other man's hand, Cas jerked back as quickly as he could, taking a step or two back as his vessel went uncomfortably red. "I mean- if it isn't true then that cuts back the people who could have done this rather dramatically- makes the list only those-" Cas paused, looking down at the ground, unable to meet Dean's gaze. "-Only those who know how desperately I want that to be true." He finished with a sigh, on completely new conversational ground- and seriously considering wiping this conversation from Dean's memory if the two percent chance Cas was clutching to like a life preserver was actually just that- a percentile so small it was irrelevant.

@jasmine
Supernatural-N/A

87 Posts
7 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Jasmine

Cas poofed right in front of him and Dean ran headlong into him, bumping off his muscular chest before Cas steadied him with a hand on his shoulder. This was...bad. This was so bad it was impossible to put into words how bad it was.

Cas's hand slid down Dean's arm and into his and he bit his lip against the things he was thinking. God, he was pathetic, he always had been, pining after Cas for years like some fucking teenage girl. At least if he didn't open his mouth, Cas would never know just how pathetic he was.

"I'm sorry. I should prioritize breaking whatever spell is causing this. And if you remember this, you will probably never consider me your friend again- but.... I need to know if you're telling the truth. I mean- if it isn't true then that cuts back the people who could have done this rather dramatically- makes the list only those--Only those who know how desperately I want that to be true."

Dean blinked, trying to process what Cas was saying because it sounded like Cas was actually into him, or something, which was obviously crazy. But the spell had other ideas, because all his plans of keeping his trap shut turned to shit when he opened his mouth and said, "It's true, Cas. I wish I could change it but I can't, I've been in love with you since I went to that freaky other universe with Zach and I came back and you were just standing there, like you said you'd be, that's when I knew. Jesus fucking Christ." He clapped a hand over his mouth, digging his fingers into his jaw until it hurt. "I'm sorry. I can't--stop. I can't."
Supernatural-8th season?

94 Posts
6 Threads
Moon

Cas spent a good few seconds trying to make his mouth make words after Dean replied. Thinking logically- Dean was cursed to say things he didn't want to, it was totally possible that claiming truth was just as much a lie as everything else. Didn't change the way Cas wanted to pull the hunter to him in a way that was probably incredibly inappropriate.

He knew Dean had issues with having his mind read, so Cas distinctly held back from confirming his words even if Cas really wanted to. "I uh-" He managed to start, before finally sucking it up. "I would very much not like you to be able to change it." The angel sputtered. Before reaching for the other man's hand and figuring that if Dean slapped his hand away it would be pretty obvious whether he really was telling the truth.

"But we should probably go find someone to remove the spell on you. Do you know who did it in the first place?" Cas asked quietly.

@jasmine
Supernatural-N/A

87 Posts
7 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Jasmine

Dean hated this. He hated everything about this. Not being able to hold back made him vulnerable, violated to the utmost degree. There were things he didn't want anyone knowing, not ever. It wasn't about how much he cared for them or...loved them, even, it was just who he was. He needed the privacy of his own mind. Growing up stuffed into motel rooms with Sam and his dad, it was all he'd had.

And now Cas was saying he liked him like this?

A part of Dean was aware that some of what Cas was saying was all his dreams come true, but there were some things he just couldn't handle. And Cas, or anyone for that matter, being able to know every secret he'd ever held was one of them. Especially when so many of those secrets involved Cas himself. Fantasies and thoughts and feelings Dean had pledged would never see the light of day.

Not to mention, it wasn't like Cas was exactly Mr. Forthcoming either, and that made this worse. He almost never knew what Cas was really thinking, who or what he really cared about. Which, normally, was fine. But this one-sided compulsory truth-telling, Jesus, it was giving him hives just thinking about it.

When Cas reached out and grabbed his hand, Dean pulled away instinctively like he'd been burned. He was already stripped bare, here, he wasn't about to let Cas try to get closer to him or whatever the fuck he thought he was doing.

He answered Cas's question, though, because he had no choice. "I think it was that magic chick Sune. I went to her to get something to kill Rowena with and I came back like this."

@alex
Supernatural-8th season?

94 Posts
6 Threads
Moon

Cas hurt when Dean pulled away. There was no other word for how he felt- how torn to pieces his stupid hope was when Dean pulled his hand away. It was so much worse than falling. He'd fall, destroy his wings as many times as necessary, walk around with the things made of nothing but scorched bone and melted flesh, again and again and again- In a heartbeat. If he could choose that over this. Over the agony that was not knowing whether or not he had just ruined everything. Of being left in the terrifying valley between hope and fear where Cas was left crushed under the weight of it all.

He cleared his throat and stepped back respectfully. He wanted to think rationally. Cas should be able to think reasonably- Dean wasn't the kind of guy who was touchy feely when emotions were involved. It wasn't like Dean wanted to hurt Cas. Father almighty, Cas had even thought that Dean would try to let him down gently if Cas had ever told Dean how he felt. It was just the situation, and Dean was stressed and Cas should know better than to push that.

Though it still took a moment to school his face into something that was less that of a kicked puppy and more the expression an immeasurably old individual ought to have in stressful situations. Taking a deep breath, Cas glanced down and took a small step back. "Would you like me to go fetch her for you? Or I can ask her myself how to break the spell."

Cas did pause however as the words 'magic chick' settled into his mind, and his eyebrows shot up. "You- uh. Were you aware that Sune is the Goddess of Love when you approached her?"

@jasmine
Supernatural-N/A

87 Posts
7 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Jasmine

Cas looked all sad and disappointed when Dean pulled his hand away. So of course Dean couldn't stop himself from saying, "Jesus, Cas, you picked a hell of a time to decide you want to hold my fuckin' hand. You can't blame me for being weirded out by it." It was true. Not especially helpful, Dean allowed, but true. Because that's how awesome his day was going.

He also answered Cas's question because again, he had no choice. "Get her, talk to her, I don't give a single shit as long as you get her to break this spell." And then be blinked, because oh fuck oh fuck, "--She was the what?"

@alex
Supernatural-8th season?

94 Posts
6 Threads
Moon

Castiel startled upon Dean's reply. It was on the line of what he had assumed, but to hear it put into words was strange enough without it seeming to Cas like he was in a djinn induced dream. It was one of the few situations that he could come up with where Dean actually felt that way about the resident Fallen Angel. The only reason Cas didn't think it was that was because Cas knew that that dream would have Cas as a human- someone Dean could actually fall in love with and want to be with. Hell, probably with Castiel as a woman, because even now the angel couldn't help but think that Dean would love him more if he weren't a... him.

Idly, Cas wondered what his brother would have to say about that. Because Cas was certain it would be apparent to the Archangel that Cas's greatest wish... was to change everything about himself so that Dean could maybe love him.

It was not a healthy outlook to have.

Quietly, he pinked, and deciding that Dean deserved the truth, Cas murmured an explanation. "I almost always wish to hold your hand. I just knew that there was no situation in which you'd approve."

Focusing on Dean's obvious lack of knowledge, Cas nodded in confirmation. "In fact, I believe she is technically two Goddesses of love, though one of them is the dominant aspect. Though in practice, she is sort of... all of them. Sune is the Physical Representation of the Fundamental force that is Love. In fewer words, the avatar of love." He said, voice as soothing as he could.

"Perhaps you could take a seat, and I can seek her out. Since you are uncomfortable- and have presumably already told me the things you want to say least already- true or not- it might be wise to minimize your contact with others. You can not, after all, accidentally tell me the same secret twice. If it's true." Cas offered, gritting his teeth and pausing for a brief moment.

"I am about to fly away. So you won't be surprised." He added, wings extending behind him, shadows stretching out, for a moment before he flickered out of place.

And reappeared face flat on the ground, facing away from the door he had just tried to wing through.

A voice that was both incredibly soft and reverberated through the building offered a giggle. Or rather- two voices. The first, clipped with teasing annoyance. The second, curling with bright mischief.

Did you really think I'd let you stop my fun? Maybe I ought to spell you in punishment, angel.

What say you, hunter? If you want, you can lose the spell. I'll slide it right off your shoulders, on to your pretty boy there, on the ground.

@jasmine