DC- DC-TV-1

233 Posts
6 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

All Accounts Posts: 1,721
Belle wasn’t looking for Jax to give her advice, sure his input was welcome, but honestly Belle had been talked down, over and had her opinions ignored for enough of her life that now that she had the resources to not HAVE to listen to anyone but her own imagination.

“I think so too.” Sure it could be seen as stereotypical of her background, but it was also comfortable.

She didn’t want to get rid of him, and he clearly needed a bit of home, which Belle could never turn away from.

“It did cost a bit, but…” Belle smiled looking out at her little piece of green “Ah need it. Maybe if Ah stay here long enough I’ll beable to plant an little garden.” Belle had no idea if earth veggies would grow here...but she wanted to try.

She rolled her eyes as he picked up on her slip, “Here ya go.” Belle set down the filled plate, taking a seat across from him.

“Aww hun…” Belle reached over to rest her hand on his, “You can always come over for a meal with me.” She offered. “Ah’m always happy for company.” Belles smile was a just a little lonely.

@mike
Sons of Anarchy-Main TV Universe

101 Posts
3 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Mike

All Accounts Posts: 914
She wasn’t going to try to talk decoration with him… Thank God. Jax knew the game of smiling and nodding and giving noncommittal answers to show that you completely saw the wisdom of whatever a woman had in mind, but damned if it didn’t make him feel like he was tiptoeing over broken glass.

She needed a place of her own. A place that had a bit of green to it, apparently. Interesting that she didn’t just walk right back through her portal to get it, not that he was complaining. It was just one of those little things about the Hub: Once you’d found your way there, going back to your own world just never seemed to cut it for long. Jax had to wonder if he’d be tempted to go back to his world had it even been possible, which of course it wasn’t.

When she rolled her eyes, Jax just grinned and chuckled, his face looking deceptively boyish for just a moment. “Thanks, darlin’,” he said, giving her a little smile and a nod. He gave her hand a little squeeze on top of his before he set to eating, considering her very generous offer. “I might do that. Don’t take my complaining too seriously, though. People say I’m just born to always want the life on the other side of the fence. Maybe one of these days, I’ll come across the one that works for me. That’s got to be possible here, right?”
@kel
DC- DC-TV-1

233 Posts
6 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

Belle had grown up on a farm, even the group home where she’d spent her early years had room to spare when it came to the green spaces. So yes, that tiny bit of grass and tree meant the world to Belle, in Gotham even in her cramped apartment she’d spent the effort to grow a windowsill flower box, and took the risk to walk in the park when she could. A risk amusingly enough which had lead her to the Hub so...perhaps one that worked in her favor in the long run.

“I think so.” her accent softened the declaration, Belle honestly the truly believed there was a place for everyone, maybe not the perfect on, but A place that you could find happiness. As to her offer...well Belle didn’t consider it overly generous, Jax had after all been a coworker, and something close to a friend, of COURSE he was welcome into her spaces and for a home cooked meal!

“Now.” She leaned back slightly to look at the incomplete kitchen with a critical eye, “I hope I know what im getting myself into!” She quipped grinning, “Never run a business before!”

@mike

101 Posts
3 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Mike

Jax hoped, in a way, that Belle was right, although he, of course, had his reasons to doubt. The girl didn’t know where he came from after all, literally and figuratively, although he was sure that some of it wouldn’t especially surprise her. You say that the leather-wearing biker was a crook, it wasn’t going to shock people like saying he was a kindergarten teacher or something like that.

And, now that he thought about it, all of their business probably would have been a hell of a lot easier if they’d been working from the Hub. “Well, it’s probably a lot easier here. I don’t think you have to file any legal paperwork or anything like that to run a shop here, do you?” Of course, that lack of oversight came with its own set of risks, as he well knew and could appreciate. There wasn’t exactly a police force here, most places he’d noticed were run by people who could take care of themselves against all comers or who had friends who could. “I think the biggest thing to remember is to just not take any shit from anyone, and have someone ready to rough them up if they want to push the issue.” You know, like Jaya had… not that he expected a bakery would have the same level of security needed that the brothel did.
DC- DC-TV-1

233 Posts
6 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

Belle really and honestly believed with all her heart in the possibility of redemption; anyone no matter their sins if they were honest and true about finding forgiveness and yes paying for the misdeeds could end with a clean slate. And when you worked for what you wanted with an honest heart, yes there could and would be trials, but in the balance things would work out.

Honestly Jax could shock her, but even if he horrified her, it was Belle’s duty to them both to work past that and see him for the man he was today, not for the sin’s of the past.

“Well not so much.” Belle leaned back playing absently with her watch; “I have a rental contract for the building, an’ food and material deliveries, an’ a cleaning person-” She wouldn't say ‘lady’ just because she was pretty sure the lizard seeming person didn’t have a female gender per say- “There's no way to poison anyone, thank God. but ah still have to be careful about cross contamination.” Belle slipped the tongue of her watch in and out of the band as she spoke, “If im successful might have to hire a server or another cook…” Belle shook her head with a small laugh, “Thats not a bad idea…” Belle glanced out into the main dining area, “Ah bet I could pay for shieldin’ or some such, need ta shop around…” The idea of having or needing a bouncer made her nose scrunch up in protest “Oh No. I mean, iffen anyone tried ta shake me down thats a whole nother kettle of fish but -” Belle shook her head, “I don’t think anyone is gonna try and hurt me just because.”

@mike

101 Posts
3 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Mike

Well, all right, working out of the Hub wasn’t entirely without overhead. “Well, yeah, but you don’t have to get a business license, deal with inspectors, pass zoning boards, file taxes,” he pointed out, “Just to name a few things.” It was kind of funny… being an outlaw gave you a pretty broad experience with what to do to set up legitimate businesses. It made complete sense, of course, but it was still funny on the surface.

Again, Jax had to reflect that a bakery was probably a much less tempting target for trouble than a bar or a brothel. On the other hand… “Well, there’s no real police here,” he pointed out, “Wouldn’t surprise me if you had people running old fashioned ‘protection’ rackets here and there.” And those, of course, would prey on the more common, defenseless places… like a bakery staffed only by the pretty redhead. “Just make sure someone’s ready to come break some heads if some idiot tries that on you. When there’s no law, you’ve got to enforce it all by yourself.” And that, of course, was probably why of the multitudes that passed through the Hub, most went slinking back to their own (or other) worlds. Some people just weren’t cut out to fend for themselves without the rule of law to cover them. Obviously, she could call him to come do it, but she probably had plenty of friends to call for help if it came down to it.

@kel
DC- DC-TV-1

233 Posts
6 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

Belle laughed, head thrown back grinning at him when she finished, “That is true. It’s more like i expect dealin’ with the mob. Dealin’ with folks offerin ‘services’ and the like.” her blue eyes twinkled merrily. “But nothin’ ah can’t deal with. An’-” she rested a hand on his sleeve for a second, leaning forward. “Ah have been blessed with many friends like ya iffin’ I find myself over my head.” she finished, hopefully assuaging his worry.

Leaning back with a happy sigh she gazed out at that little patch of green- “You ever goin’ back Jackson? Got people back home? Or-” She frowned suddenly worried she was hitting a sore spot. “You have a home?”

@mike

101 Posts
3 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Mike

Jax grinned, giving Belle's hand a squeeze. "Yeah, my prices are a lot better than a mob's would be," he joked. Not that it wasn't true, of course. The Sons had protected their fair share of businesses, and it hadn't been for money. Mostly, it had all been for goodwill and support, and the occasional favor when things got bad. And, of course, toward the end there, it had gotten really bad...

"No," he said, looking out the window himself now, "I'm never going back. I can't go back. I... messed a lot of stuff up in the end. The only way to keep any of it from falling on people I care about is to let it all land on me, and it was my fault, so I can't let it land on everyone else." He offered her a humorless smile. "I took one day, made sure my kids were taken care of, made sure they were going to be safe and happy and a long way away from where anyone knew me. I cleaned up all the loose ends I could find that might come looking for anyone else I cared about, and then I cashed out and somehow ended up here." He gave her an odd look for a moment. "You didn't die too, right? We're alive?"
@kel
DC- DC-TV-1

233 Posts
6 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

“Just a slice of pie?” She teased referencing back to that moment of flirtation...which she really should not have done, but Belle wasn’t very good at doing what was smart for herself.

Her coy flirtatious look died at his vehement objection to returning home, “Darlin’..” Compassion darkened her gaze, her hand rested over his curling around it, trying to give him comfort. “I don’t think this..no matter how delightful is Heaven.” bright blue eyes filled with compassion met his. “I think we’d know if we were dead sweetheart. But if i’m wrong-” her other hand enclosed his, “Than there are worse people to have as my friend to spend eternity with.”

@mike

101 Posts
3 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Mike

Jax nodded, accepting her take on where they were… or maybe even what they were. The way she said it, though, couldn’t help but make him chuckle. “Well, I kept figuring I was still alive because this is a lot better than what I deserve,” he admitted. “Doesn’t feel like heaven either, I’ll admit it. Some of it’s close. I always thought that heaven would be where I wouldn’t have to worry about any of the things I’d done anymore, any of the people that were coming for me. I’d be able to just… ride, wherever I wanted, do what I wanted.” He looked down at her hand as it squeezed over his, then he reached out with his other hand, taking it between both of his, experimentally tracing his fingers over the lines of her palm. “That was what the club was all about… or what it was supposed to be about. Just… being free. A bunch of tired vets wanting out of the life that sent them off to war, and all the rules that came with it, and who brought their friends and their families and their sons into that life. Only thing is that when you drive down that road, you have to take everything that you find while you’re riding down it, and sometimes, you find some things that change you, change everything about you.”

His eyes came back up to hers with a little half smile. “So this is close to what I thought it might be, only… there’s too many things missing. Too many people missing. Of course, I’ve got no complaints about the people that are here.” That wicked light flashed through his eyes again. “Especially when the pie is supposed to be the best.”
@kel
DC- DC-TV-1

233 Posts
6 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

“Freedom..” Belle sighed softly leaning back, “Yes. for the first time ah really feel like ah could do anythin’ be anyone-” Belle chuckled throatily, “ah get these ideas that maybe i’d go…” her gaze turned inward staring out the window, “Maybe just travel, through the worlds, become one of them that collects the stories t’tell in the next one.” Belle sighed with a dreamy smile. “Ah could now, just have ta get brave enough.” She giggled at her self. “But first ah have a shop ta make!” her attention was pulled back to the slide of his callused hand over hers drawing a hint of color to her cheeks. “Change isn’t always bad.” her fingers curled around his, “It’s always the hardest thing; staying true t’what ya can’t live with yourself changing.”

“Ah..” Belle’s heart throbbed painfully at the wistful grief in his voice, “Ah could go t’ ya world...see iffen they could come?” She offered, sliding past the offer his eyes were throwing at her.

@mike

101 Posts
3 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Mike

“Doesn’t take as much courage as you think,” Jax said, giving her that devil-may-care smile. “You need a little bit of money, sure, but being brave?” He shook his head. “All you have to do is decide you really want to do it. The first step is the hardest, after that? You just keep moving. Inertia’s all that stops you, and then that’s what keeps you going.” He contemplated this as he took another bite of the chicken, swallowing it before clearing his throat to go on. “I think it really just depends on what you mean when you say ‘freedom.’ Everyone’s got something tying them down… Society, the law, family… you just have to pick what you’re willing to be tied to. Well… and you need to be able to keep yourself safe with whatever you pick.”

He hated to admit it, but there was a very guilty temptation in what she offered. “No,” he said, not giving him a chance to hesitate. “They have a good life back there, and if they knew I was still alive, they’d feel obligated to come follow. I’m here because of my sins. I’m not going to pull them out of their lives and their livelihoods to come pay them with me.”
@kel
DC- DC-TV-1

233 Posts
6 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

Belle giggled; oh but she hated the way she sounded when she did! “Darlin’ ah already made that step.” She waved a hand. “Packed up mah life an’ gonna give this a go. When ah say brave…” she smirked self deprecatingly, “ah mean that Hub might be a touch lawless but ah got good friends here that keep an eye ta make sure I’m alright. But out there-“ belles expression turned pensive; “ah ain’t strong or smart or a good fighter. An ah am damn aware of what can happen to a girl alone when she can’t fight back.”

Belle was logical, and she’d lived as a normal human woman her whole life, along with the ever present knowledge of the dangers of just being a woman.

Oh Jax.

“This so close ta hell for you?” Belle really felt tears tickle her eyes; this poor man honestly believed he was here to serve penance, and true or not it drove his actions and weighed on his soul.

“Maybe...you ever try confessin? Letting someone hear your sins, repenting for them?” She didn’t often bring her religious background and beliefs into conversation; she wasn’t the type to push what she had faith in on others. But dang it sounded to her that he needed to face his guilt and be forgiven, make amends and sinserly repent.

101 Posts
3 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Mike

“Well, now I think you’re selling yourself short, darlin’,” Jax said, smiling lazily at her. “You might not be one of those… super-geniuses we see all around us, but you sure ain’t dumb. And you’re determined. A determined woman? She can get a whole hell of a lot done, whether she feels like it or not.” He’d seen a lot of women like that. Sure, maybe it was the authority of the Sons that had helped some of them do it, but you had to be a damn strong woman to grab that power and use it. “A girl can always fight back. It’s just… a different kind of fight sometimes.” He paused. “And if it’s not a different kind of fight, you let me know and I’ll teach them not to pull that sort of shit,” he added, an edge of steel coming into his voice just at the thought. Jax always tried to be a better man than he was… but he was always ready for the moments to be exactly who he grew up to be.

“Nah, this isn’t hell, darlin’. Not by a long shot. I just know it’s not heaven, either, and really, it is true. I’m here and can’t go home because of the things I did.” He gave a weak laugh at that. “Hell, I even have “Death,”” he added, making finger-quotes, “Putting me to work to make up for my wicked ways. Although if I’m not actually dead… I don’t know how the hell that works.” He sighed, looking down at his food, considering another bite. “Confessing, though… That’s just for people who want someone to tell them that what they did wasn’t so bad, that they’re not really a bad person. Well, I know that what I did was bad, and I know I’m a bad person.” He shot her a wry smile that only started to touch his eyes. “And maybe I’m a little selfish and don’t want you to be as sure of it as I am.”

@kel
DC- DC-TV-1

233 Posts
6 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

Well there was no reaction she could give but to blush prettily while preening under the compliments. Her hand reached out to cover his- “Like ah said- good friends that look out for me.” Her eyes and soft tone spoke to the gratitude she felt for his offer and promise. She was not too proud or stupid to not call for help when she was over her head, and Belle for all her talents was not a woman that was comfortable in physical altercations.

Somewhere in his little speech her hand had moved to curl around his jaw, empathy softening her ocean blue gaze- “maybe you were a bad man-“ she began, soft, sweet absolution flowing from her if he would accept it- “But the man you are becoming doesn’t have to be.”

@mike