Marvel-616-1

78 Posts
6 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

All Accounts Posts: 916
“They might be a larger threat in your universe.” She acknowledged diplomatically. Mentally she simply assumed they were..well young. New at the work which meant things that her Avengers dealt with as a matter of course this Steve would consider world ending events.

“And here I was thinking you and my Steve had less in common.” Came the sassy response to his denial. “I can wait. If you want to spill later..” she trailed off letting him explain his position on love.

Cryo...brother… “Brucky?” It was a guess based on her universe and one she hoped didn't backfire that he'd lost that version of his friend during the war.

“Steve...look I don't know your universe, and what your telling me...you fucked up. But honestly I can't imagine a world where if you go out and try you aren't going to make friends. You want them to love you for more than your biceps? Use a holo emitter to look like your old self...or even just not built like a brick shit house steve.”
Marvel-MCU

240 Posts
10 Threads
Job: Rogue Superhero
Ship Status: Single
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual
Nyte

All Accounts Posts: 811
Tower of Wonder

True. Do you consider an army lead by Loki to be a large threat in your universe?” It was an honest question; for all he knew Thor’s brother was a quiet bookworm in her universe, not capable of hurting a fly. Hard to imagine, but he supposed anything was possible when you considered that there were infinite chances for any given thing to happen.

Like Tony being a woman.

“It’s not my own grief, Wanda, and truthfully, it’s not my place or right to discuss it.”

Bucky. “You know him?” He looked up, blue eyes sad and lost, “I finally found him, Wanda, after so long, only to lose him again, and this time, I lost Tony, too.” Too much, he had lost too much in an attempt to save everything he had. To salvage his past, he had thought he was giving up his future, but in the end… He had been left with nothing, with less than he’d had before. It was almost as bad as waking up from the ice the first time.

Steve shivered.

“Yes, I did.” He sighed. “It’s not that-” He blinked, “What’s a holo-.. Emitter?” He didn’t miss his old self, truth be told, but to be seen just as Steve instead of Captain America? That would be nice...

“That’s not going away anytime soon.”
Marvel-616-1

78 Posts
6 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

Wanda wiggled a hand, “Sort ic depends on the army? Our Loki is more apt to turn everyone into frogs than lead armies but he's pull that once or twice.” She admitted.

Not his grief? “But you are grieving, which means you are hurt.” She pointed out with pinpoint drunk logic, “which makes it your grief.”

Ahh James, “On my world..let's see, Soviet Assassin, reluctant Avenger, to ass kicking Captain America. He and Nat have an off again on again thing for...decades.”

Wanda chuckled, “We danced one night...neither of us are very good at undercover missions but we did our best. Sam taped a picture of him smiling right next to the one of Tony and Hulks naked wall of shame.”

Lose him? “Did he die?” Wanda’s hand covered his chafing it between hers, worry laced liberally in her tone.

“It's a tech do fibby Tony made up a few years ago, along with Hank to disguise us. Hank uses it to hide the xmens mutations and Tony uses them so the more recognizable of us can walk around with out being followed.” Wanda rolled her eyes “Which started a whole THING with the press and free speech.”
Marvel-MCU

240 Posts
10 Threads
Nyte

Tower of Wonder

Depends on the army… “I’m not sure how we would have dealt with them if not for the nuke that Tony guided through their portal.” He shook his head, “Hell of a way to come together as a team.”

Was he grieving? Steve frowned, then gave a half shrug, “A little, but not as much as others.” He didn’t want to think about the fact that he had an inkling of what it was like, to lose your best friend, the person in the world who understood you best. He had lost Bucky, more than once, and in more than one way. He sighed, “But yes, it’s upsetting for me, too.”

Steve nodded miserably, then asked, “He was Captain America? In my world, he’s not an Avenger, not Captain America… He’s just… Bucky. The Winter Soldier. Taken and tortured and used by Hydra as a weapon.” Danced. Steve couldn’t help but to smile a little bit; Bucky was a good dancer. “Naked walk of shame?”

Did he die. Steve flinched, but shook his head, “No, he didn’t, thank goodness.” He closed his eyes, “It’s complicated, but the gist of it is that I knew about his parents, how they died, and I… I didn’t tell him, Wanda. I kept it from him. I lied to him, if not directly then by omission. He had to find out by watching a video of it, shown by a vindictive man just looking to hurt us as much as he could. It shouldn’t have been that way… If he’d had some time to absorb it, things wouldn’t have…” Steve slumped in his seat, shaking his head, “What sort of friend, of person, does that make me? He had the right to know, and all the excuses that I can make for not telling him… They’re just that: excuses. I didn’t tell him because I was afraid of how it would affect him, and how it would effect Bucky.”

Marvel-616-1

78 Posts
6 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

Wanda just shook her head, single eyebrow raised in ‘I believe you...but damn’. “Is.” She corrected, pausing for a moment to parse that thought. “I think.” She finished sheepishly unsure. “I've not been keeping up with the latest. Sam might be the current actual ‘Captain America.’” Why hadn't she been keeping up? Oh mostly because she'd been hiding since her last break down.

“Naked walk of shame.” She confirmed. “Hang on..” Wanda lifted her head up from the bar, eyes narrowing as she tried to pinpoint- “There it is!” She gestured, summoning the framed newspaper from the far wall. “There was a bet. Tony's team lost. From Stark Tower to the Baxter Building on 5th. Naked.”

“Peter was the only one that managed to get photographic proof.” Wanda chuckled, sliding her fingers over the glass fondly before handing it over for his perusal. “Carol and him really could never stop poking at each other.”

Wanda's lips tightened as he beared his sins; there had been rumors that Howard Starks death hadn't been an accident but nothing had ever been proven as far as SHE knew. Now she wondered...could her steve also be hiding that evidence from Tony and considering the state of Buckys memories him as well? It was terribly plausible.

“It could have been worse.” She sighed, “Not much but it could have been. Ross or Fury could have been the one to tell him.” Wanda filled his Tumbler again, “to bad choices and secret keeping to ‘spare feelings’” Wanda clicked her glass to his shooting back the potent liquor undiluted.

“Oh fuck me i'm gonna feel that in the morning.” She moaned, the world going delightful sideways. “We should dance!” Wanda exclaimed apparently appros of nothing. “I taught my Steve to dance...do you know how to dance?”
Marvel-MCU

240 Posts
10 Threads
Nyte

Tower of Wonder

Yeah. It made for one hell of a story, he supposed, if Wanda asked to hear it, Steve would tell her. Outside of SHIELD, no one had really asked him to tell it. Maybe he wasn’t thought to be a good storyteller. Maybe he just wasn’t a good storyteller. But he figured if Wanda wanted to know more, she’d ask. Bucky as Captain America. “Tony had to lose it at the very idea of Bucky wearing the suit and shield.” It was almost a question; Steve couldn’t imagine that Tony had been all that happy about the man who had killed his parents being Captain America… And Sam? “Sam would do a good job.” Steve definitely approved of that. Even if Sam were slower than he was.

Naked walk of shame. The image she moved to them was… Steve leaned forward to inspect it, chuckling at the image. “Well that’s...something.” He couldn’t stop chuckling at the idea of Tony and Bruce losing that bet, whatever it had been.

“Peter?” Who was Peter? “I’m afraid I don’t know a Peter, Wanda. Seems we walk with different people in our worlds… I don’t know a Carol, either.” He didn’t miss these people he didn’t know, but he did miss the ones he did know.

Steve had known since the Triskelion had fallen. Or well, not exactly, it was just a bit after that that he had stumbled on the information. Not the video. He hadn’t even known about the video. He spoke, admitted what he had done, and it felt good. It felt right, to tell someone. Not as right as it would have been to talk to Tony about this. To confess that he knew he had done wrong, but… Tony wasn’t here right now. And talking to him was just… Off. “Right. Worse than the evildoer backhanding him with a video of it.” He sighed, “Fury should have told him years ago, Wanda. I should have told him when I first found out. But I was…” He shook his head, “Reluctant. Afraid.” he shrugged as if to say he wasn’t sure which, or maybe both and downed the drink she had poured him after lifting the glass in a salute to her toast.

He arched a brow, “Are you in any condition to dance?” He gave Wanda a small, almost bashful smile, “No. I had planned to learn once, but the next thing I knew it was a new century.”

Marvel-616-1

78 Posts
6 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

“He didn’t have a choice.” Wanda said sighing, “It was your literal dying wish. Your last will. Asked Tony to help Bucky become the man you knew he was.” At the second comment Wanda just nodded, “He is from what i’ve seen. He’s good at being the symbol and making sure its more than an empty icon.” Oooo counter was nice and cool and she was feeling so very warm…

“Not gonna give spoilers...might meet him, them yet.” she waggled a finger quellingly at him, “30 plus years Stebe! I know ALL THE PEOPLE!” she hiccupped giggling, grinning feeling delightfully lose for the first time in months...maybe years. “You willllllll!” she prophesied with cheerful ominousness. “Steve Rogers! You will Meet them all!” She prosthelytize with gleeful omniscience.

“Steve...I’m not saying what you did wasn’t stupid, idiotic and just bad. But in the grand scheme?” Wanda held up her index and thumb, “smaller than Ant-man sweetie. Really. Your Tony might not forgive you soon, or easy but it's gotta come. Hell! Just propose to him! That worked in one reality right?” She snickered not taking the suggestion with any weight, throwing the joke at him.

“I!” She began arrogantly raising to her feet, “Am Romani, we are always in condition to dance!”

“Music!” she commanded imperiously to the air; the mansion while it did not possess a fully formed AI did have some automation obeyed the Scarlet Witch, a Haunting song filled the air. Wanda held out her hand eyes twinkling with amusement.
Marvel-MCU

240 Posts
10 Threads
Nyte

Tower of Wonder

His dying wish? Damn… But yes, maybe it was possible, if he knew he was going to die, to ask Tony to help Bucky be Captain America. And maybe, if they weren’t currently fighting, if they were friends at the time, even if they weren’t happy with one another, that Tony would fulfill his last will, his dying wish. Because Tony was a good, honorable man like that. An ass sometimes, but a good honorable man nonetheless.

Tony’s the best. “Tony’s the best. Of course Tony would do that. Because… Because he’s the best. He’s a good, honorable friend.” It was good to know that Bucky and Sam would make a good Captain America, that the title would continue, even if he were to die. And Tony would make sure it happened. That was touching, if a bit morbid. Was it morbid? Probably.

Spoilers. Steve laughed, “Spoilers from my own life? Are you River Song now?” He had liked that show, actually. Tony had introduced him to Doctor Who, and he had watched it with him and Bruce until things fell apart. Spoilers. He laughed again, remembering those days with a smile, whatever pain he might normally feel at the too-happy, cherished memories was wiped away with the alcohol (strong enough to get even the Hulk drunk, Wanda had said). Right now, Steve was just happy. Enjoying himself and reveling in Wanda’s companionship. “Well, to meeting them all!” he lifted his shot glass toward her, and grinned, “And may all of those meetings go well!” He tipped his head back to let the fluid slide down his throat.

“Damn Wanda, it’s been so long since I’ve felt like… This. Drunk.” She spoke about what he had done, and he nodded. Stupid, idiot, and just bad. Yeah, the mostly covered it. “Selfish. You forgot selfish.” And with that, then yep, Steve was pretty sure it was covered now. He arched a brow, pinching his fingers on one hand together, and then opening his hand all at once, “Wanda, Ant-Man can get really big.” Steve blinked at Wanda’s joking comment, “Sure… Where one of us was a woman. I’m not sure that works out the same way with us both being men. Tony likes women, Wanda!”

When the music started, and Wanda’s offended words reached him, Steve grimaced slightly, but met the challenge, rising unsteadily to his feet, he moved to offer her his hand to dance with her in the empty space in the room. “Then by all means, we should dance.” Of course, he had no idea how to actually dance, so once he lead her to the clear area, he was sort of at a loss...

Marvel-616-1

78 Posts
6 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

Wanda considered her own life and circumstances of birth- “That's not the worst comparison.” Really it wasn't.

‘When one of them was a woman??’

“I could fix fhat!” The glowing finger was held up, more than slightly threateningly illuminating her face with eldritch light. “The Scarlet Witech! Mistress of reality! You want to be a woman!? I can give you the joys and heartaches!” Her hair was caught up, flying around her face power spilling from her a physical force.

Wadaminute…”and you don't?” His revulsion at the idea of Sharon...humm the power died suddenly as she gave him a thoughtful narrowed eyed look.

Steve might have been lost but Wanda wasn't exaggerating when she’d said she'd take care of him on the dance floor.

In bare feet Wanda was only a few inches shorter than Steve. In her heels and with her mutation working for her? She stood just a hint over eye to eye, which aided her considerably.

A quick jerk had the super solider plastered to her frame, sultry intent overlaid wicked mischief; “One does not just dance with a Roma woman.” she purred dipping him with unnatural strength, holding his body above her knee. “You live.” a rose appeared in her hand, gliding down over his cheek Wanda placed the stem between his teeth. “Will you follow my lead Steve?” she asked with his confirmation Wanda lifted him with the music, twirling him on the beat, effortlessly moving him with her, keeping eye contact. “Just like fighting, sex, it's all about communication.” she whispered, “And i’ve fought together one of you for thirty years Steve.”

Grabbing his knee she hitched his leg up over her hip, sliding down the length of it, “Just move with me.”
Marvel-MCU

240 Posts
10 Threads
Nyte

Tower of Wonder

Steve smiled, "I'd hope not. I like River." He could see why Tony and others liked the doctor. but Steve had always felt bad for the man. He was a rather sad, angry person, alone and adrift, and Steve could relate. But River was positive and sassy. She was uplifting.

Fix what? Steve blinked at the sudden exclamation, not following for a moment. Until she asked if he wanted to be a woman. "Nope.” Steve took a step back, shaking his head emphatically as he spoke the word. No, he most certainly had no interest in being a woman… "I like being a man, thank you, Wanda. Besides, you said it was Tony that was the woman in that universe.

She was getting harder to follow now. and steve wasn't sure if that was because she was drunk, or because he was, or a mix of the two. “I don’t wha-huh??” Steve frowned as his mind caught up to the conversation.

Oh.

Shit.

Language. He almost laughed at the random thought, or rather. the memory that it was attached to. "There are definitely worse ideas.”

Steve really didn't know how to dance. Sun, he had the idea, he'd seen others dancing; Bucky loved to grab a gal or two and they'd take them out, but no girl wanted to dance with him before the serum really, and he had had neither the coordination nor the stamina to do so anyway. Now, however, he could definitely keep up. He smiled as she held him, and even chuckled as she summoned the rose. This might be just be exactly what he needed tonight. "Of course, Wanda.” He accepted the rose with a smile, amused. He didn’t know the steps, but he could, easily follow a strong lead, and Wanda certainly fit that bill.