OC-OC

51 Posts
2 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

All Accounts Posts: 1,691
Adhira‘s temple was a lavish affair merging the Hindu and Greek aspects of her first incarnations, gold veined marble melded with fantastically colorful frescoes depicting an abridged version of her godly history.

Snakes of all sizes and breeds slittered unhindered, the pampered densines of her temple, among them were several Naga, tending to the upkeep of the temple, along with what appeared to be full humans.

One of whom moved forward to greet the goddess. „Goddess Sune.“ He bowed his head, his robes for those that knew proclaimed him a High Priest of Adhira‘s order, „My Lady-Mother gave orders for you to be taken to her Garden if you arrived while she was away.“ the man's smiling eyes held a wealth of emotion, he and his twin were the last children born of Seth and Adhira, and his godhood while muted compared to the rich depths of his parents was still enough to pull smiles from those around him.

He held out an arm gallanently for her to take or not, guiding her through the temple to a overly warm gratto where a fountain bubbled merrily. Other priests and priestess came and brought food and drink. „All are for promoting health in a mother to be.“ he explained kindly, there where priests here dedicated to her aspect as bringer of children, and so they were expert mid wives and cooked for the delicate palate of a expectant mother.
D&D/None/All-All

105 Posts
8 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Moon

All Accounts Posts: 847
Sune had been decidedly indecisive about visiting Adhira. She knew remarkably little about the other Goddess- Save for the love that Sune could read off of her. Sune wanted to talk to someone about her growing child that was not their father- so to Adhira’s temple she went. She was uncertain what she had been expecting, but it wasn't to be greeted by one of the snake Goddess's own children.

Taking the arm with a nod of thanks, she allowed herself to be led peacefully. Certainly his smile spurred her own- something she felt was likely from his nature of being. "Will she be returning shortly?" She queried, just so she'd know whether or not she would be better off leaving or waiting.

Settling down comfortably in the grotto, Sune was momentarily startled by the comment, her hand dropping to her stomach in surprise- before relaxing as she remembered that she was at the temple of a Goddess of motherhood. It made perfect sense that they might be able to recognize pregnancy- even in the very early stages when there was little other than her nausea to hint at her state.

She smiled softly. "I suppose that it's quite obvious to a number of the priests here." She offered with a laugh. "That had not occurred to me." She took the offered warm beverage happily, not having quite realized how hungry she was. It was an absurd statement on its own- she didn't used to eat regularly- though that had changed in an effort to supply a child with nutrients. It was enough to convince her to stay for a while- even if the Goddess she sought was away for the time being.

Very few people understood her sudden aversion to the wandering moon's common room.
OC-OC

51 Posts
2 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

“She comes and leaves as she pleases.” His grin deepened, hinting at all the warm comradeship of a home filled with friends. “Even if it was not-“ sliding to his knees he gestured for her to place her foot in his lap. “We are well versed in how to accommodate an expectant mother.” Tiny lines around his eyes added character and warmth as he slowly massaged her legs, another Priestess taking the hand not holding anything to do the same. The difference was that where he touched, gained an unprecedented easy relaxation. “And we would know our Goddess touch on any one. No matter how brilliant their light.” And what his mother touched either begat life...or was destroyed.
D&D/None/All-All

105 Posts
8 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Moon

Sune nodded- planning on staying only for a short while then. It was entirely expected- Gods tended to be mercurial- with the exception of those dedicated to law and order- but it also meant she could be waiting a while. Something which was a less than pleasing prospect when she could return to Arjay's warm embrace. Which was a pleasing prospect.

Though staying in place become more and more enjoyable as tasty food and drink was given. And then massage. Oh she was quite certain she could wait a while in this temple. Had she been in a more romantic mood, Sune may have greatly enjoyed the way the man's hands explored her legs. Instead she was tired, sore, nauseous, and headachey- so she was just melting from relief at that moment in time.

Of course most of her soreness was in her chest and she didn't really want to ask someone else to massage that. Instead she just smiled with a small blush at the younger God's comment. "I simply didn't expect anyone to notice until there was a developed bump I suppose. Thus far I have only spoken directly of my growing child to their father." She offered, setting her drink down and moving her now free hand to rub at her abdomen.

Sune grinned. "Though I did come with the hopes of chatting with your mother about them."
OC-OC

51 Posts
2 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

He smiled lightly as the Goddess slowly shed her stress under the expert manipulation of his mothers priests. It was nice to exercise these skills, his domains where gentler than his sisters so he felt more ...well at home in rendering to a mother under Adhira‘s blessing than he would carrying out her vengeance.

„Them?“ Adhira strode from nothing into the garden, bangles at her ankles and wrists chiming a sweet counter point to the musical fountain. „Have you decided to have twins?“ her hair was twisted into a half up style caught with jeweled chains, the rest flowed freely over her shoulder.

She did not ask if her son‘s mentratutions were having the desired effect, the other goddesses aura spoke for itsself.

The other goddesses pantheon was unfamiliar to her, the rules that they followed unclear,, but a mother was a mother, and gods worked under belief. What Sune willed would have a direct effect on the child growing with in her.

@moon
D&D/None/All-All

105 Posts
8 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Moon

Sune wanted to act like she was unsurprised by the arrival of the other Goddess, but truth be told- the entire place was so radiant with her energy that it was hard to distinguish the approaching power until it was almost on top of them. Still, surprises were well within her wheelhouse and Sune smiled softly as Adhira approached.

"No. Not twins, though I suppose identical ones are a possibility- I simply am choosing not to look into the future to know my child's gender." Sune explained pleasantly, sitting up a little straighter now that she was with a being that matched her in power. It would always be easier to relax when there was no danger- but even a Goddess of motherhood could cause damage.

Especially as Sune was, at one of the tenuous stages of pregnancy when so much could still go wrong. "It's good to see you again. You look very lovely today." She offered peacefully- Beauty was one of her pantheons- and though she was feeling more green than beautiful, it was easy to appreciate the beauty of others.

@kel
OC-OC

51 Posts
2 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

Her aspects did not include the domain for beauty, yet she had been created to be the perfect bride, and so beauty was as natural a feature as any god could claim. Unlike Sune Adhira did not shift in appearance, her human face was ever unchanged, she had been created to be one man’s wife and he would not have been pleased to see his bride shift to please others.

Not that she had been able to please him at all.

That history was not simply old it was a faded past that only one world held even the faintest traces of it ever existed.

Sune was more right than she perhaps realized, Adhira’s domains had been expanded through the epochs, Chaos was after all a very destructive force.

Yet here and now Adhira was in her genteliest aspect, the bond of her blessing combined with the other goddesses delicate state called her power forth. Soothing all the aches, worries, calming mother and child, cradling the pair in that surety that only came in a mother’s arms that all would be well.

Sune was in no danger to her pregnancy here because she could not be; even nearly mortal Adhira’s domain had been true enough to passively ensure every mother on her little island bore safe and Hale babes.

“You are as well.” Her son finished his massage moving behind her as was appropriate, “You are welcome in my Temple. What have you come for?” She questioned pleasantly.

@moon
D&D/None/All-All

105 Posts
8 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Moon

It was easy to relax into the comfort of Adhira’s aura, and Sune felt herself doing so without her consent. It helped that the pains Adhira’s son was not able to address dissipated with the energy. Sune threw her head back with a laugh at the returned compliment. "I do not feel terribly lovely. Especially since I am not only forced into a static state, but my body won't even do me the dignity of looking pregnant yet." She grumbled with a rueful smile.

Shifting slightly with the hopes that the other Goddess may take it as a hint to sit down, Sune spoke calmly. "As I was just telling your son. I simply hoped to discuss my growing child with someone who may have helpful insight." She offered a smile, before biting her lip for a moment.

"Being truthful I have never waited through the pregnancy. I usually either have the other woman carry the child, or I hurry their growth. No matter how exhausting. It is-... Daunting to say the least, to think of not only the time it will take, but how careful I will need to be. I likewise have not exactly raised a child before." Sune drummed her fingers on her thigh for a moment before she broke her self imposed silence. "I was wondering if you might have any advice."

@kel
OC-OC

51 Posts
2 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

Consent. Well to be very honest Adhira had not been a gentle goddess even when she had been first made, her followers had always understood that her blessings would come at her desire. Will they or will they not.

And Sune, though goddess herself was a recipient of her blessing, her condition put her squarely in Adhira’s influence. Thankfully she had no ill will towards the little love god(ess).

The snake goddess cocked her head, really? Her pantheon was held to a form while with child? And she had no control over the gestation of it? How odd. She was more accustomed to gods whose children were created in very...inhuman ways, godly ways.

“The best advice I can give you-” Adhira reached out for her hand for Sune’s “Is to relax. You are a Goddess, your child will be more a part of your actions, they will affect your domains, your powers. And your happiness will determine who he emerges as.” @moon
D&D/None/All-All

105 Posts
8 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Moon

Sune didn't miss the way the other goddess cocked her head, which made her laugh without thought. "When we met, I changed gender a few times- I am still morphable in the simplest aspects, hair, eyes, etcetera, but it is unfortunately rather reasonable- it is hard for a child to grow when you do not possess a womb." She explained, about her static comment. Sune's eyes wrinkled with amusement as her fingers idly traced the contours of her not yet baby bump.

"If course that's just this avatar." She added with a wink, assuming that the other woman would understand the many different bodies.

Sune listened to the advice, tensing for a moment at the hand hold before forcing herself to relax. "He?" She added in way of reply, humour evident in her voice. "If you were just going for a default gender, I would assume you would use 'She'."

Taking a deep breath however, she did smile softly. "Thank you Adhira."

@kel
OC-OC

51 Posts
2 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

Adhira did not correct her in her assumption; that gods required physical wombs to nurture children. Perhaps in the little gods world that was true, and if she believed it...than it was so. Belief shaped the truth of the Gods.

Sune did seem to view and use her alternates as more...separate personalities than Adhira or her mate did; for them they were more bound to the single physical representation, of course they could manifest partiality when summoned but for the most part those were temporary avatars.

“Old habit.” the gold around her wrists chimed as she relinquished her hold, unwilling to cause the little goddess undo agitation; “When I was created to be the mother of Sons was the highest blessing.” Her lips turned up in a little smile, “But no I did not place that definitive gender on your child, she or he will be who they will.” or who Sune and the others who knew about him would will him to be.

Giving life to another god...Adhira could not remember when she had allowed herself to devel into that sweet blessing, it was...good to find herself back in the role she had been created for.

“Be easy little Sune. And if you ever fear my temples are always open to you and your child.”

@moon
D&D/None/All-All

105 Posts
8 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Moon

Sune understood to a certain extent that godly children could be born in any number of ways. Personally, she had not been born as far as she was aware, so she herself was an excellent example of an inhuman creation. However, the child within her was half mortal, and was bound to a set of rules that Sune did not understand well enough to be comfortable meddling with.

Of course, there were some clear differences between the relevant natures of the two goddesses anyways. For one, it seemed that Adhira kept herself contained in one form at almost all times- where Sune, if only for her secondary aspect of Hanali Celanil, was almost always separated into any number of avatars. She did not have a set form the way Adhira did, and it showed in Sune's behaviour. It was only the most incredibly special of occasions where she allowed herself to be centered in one being.

Such as the choosings of the avatar of Love. Little else, to be truthful.

Sune had not even been her whole self when she had last spoken to Adhira and her mate. It would have been an unnecessary provocation- especially when coupled with the fact that they met in a place that was certainly biased towards the goddess of Love.

Focusing on the here and now, Sune smiled at the other goddess. "I will not mind either way. I know their father would like a son. I do not particularly care, as I am aware that they may grow to be as mercurial as their mother- I do not put a large amount of opinion into my gender." She tilted her head slightly in amusement. Sune was a goddess, since Sune had been first aware of herself as a goddess. Otherwise, the one thing that kept her regularly in female form was her loves who expected her a certain way.

Most of all, Arjay.

"Thank you once more Adhira. I do not know that my advice was worth such a blessing, so if there is anything I can do to help you in the future, I will absolutely render you what aid I deem wise." In other words, Sune would help, no matter the favor, but the magnitude of the aid may vary wildly, if Adhira asked for something unreasonable- or something that Sune was perfectly comfortable offering.

@kel