Fandoms: All

Canons: Open/Oc's Welcome!

Bans: Howard the Duck,
RPF* Real Person Fiction; IE Apping an actual celebrity

Main Rule:Don't Be a Dick

OOC min age:18

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thread Contributor: SuneGraphic Sexual Content Surprise!
D&D/None/All-All

98 Posts
8 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Moon

All Accounts Posts: 779
While Sune could no longer be certain of Arjay's thoughts- it was hard to miss the face he made when she referred to Hanali as separate from herself. Laughter lay inside her chest as she tried to make ignore comfortable for him- without chuckling in a fashion that could be seen as dismissive. "Arjay." She started, though she then cut herself off, as her amusement was far too apparent in her voice.

Trying again, she offered him a peaceful smile, divinity surrounding her as a halo that would be almost but not quite painful for him to gaze at. "Hanali is Sune. Part of Sune is Hanali. I simply try not to refer to myself that way so as to not confuse mortals who are less in the know than you are. It would be just as accurate to say that as Hanali, I try not to meddle with Sune's followers." She purred, her eyes going golden for a moment while the rest stayed as Sune. If she were less obsessed with the safety of her child to be- she would have shifted entirely for the purpose. Instead she snuggled into Arjay's arms and let her divinity soften, her eyes flowing back to green.

Listening to his recollections, Sune found that she couldn't argue with his method of cheering her up. Her breath snatched from her lungs with his kiss- and if he hadn't managed with that, the smile that spread across his face more than did the job. Her cheeks warmed slightly looking at him, though she didn't care enough for her composure to stop herself from continuing to do so. "I am not put off love. I wish you had not known such pain, but I am happy to listen regardless." She replied, voice melodic and soothing, as she pecked him on the cheek in order to express the veracity of her words.

She listened with all the attention she had in that avatar, humming softly every now and then to prove she was focused on his words. When he was done speaking, she smiled again. "Do you think that you would be the same man without having made those mistakes? I find it is better to make many mistakes than to never fail. When you make a mistake, you learn how to avoid it in the future. When you never do, you never learn- and generally have an ego the size of a universe."
Dungeons and Dragons-Forgotten Realms

264 Posts
18 Threads
Job: Bard
Ship Status: Single
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Mike

All Accounts Posts: 808
His answer when she expressed her wish that he hadn’t known such pain was prompt and certain. “I don’t,” he said, giving her a little apologetic look as he did. “I’ve watched so many people go on about their loves, their fancies and infatuations, and so many of them are just so absolutely shallow in what they want or what they have. My pain only came because I’ve known love, and I only know that I knew love because I felt the pain. That… certainty is quite a comfort at times.” He smiled slightly, then a little more widely as he leaned forward, chuckling as he pressed a kiss into the hollow of her throat. “I’ve often thought that I might be a bit too poetic and whimsical about the pain left by love, but it’s just too true to let go. It’s how my life has been. I love. I lose. It hurts. The pain drives me to love again. Perhaps some would say it’s not the wisest method to live by, but I can’t deny it’s been quite an entertaining ride.”

He shrugged a bit carelessly as she questioned his desire for less foolishness in his past. “I don’t know. I can’t take things back, so I can really do naught but speculate, and who doesn’t like to look back on an imagined past where they correct some of their more humiliating missteps or act on inactions that they particularly regret?”

He shot her a playful look as he pushed her onto her back, settling on top of her and sliding down her body. His lips dragged over her breasts (as he was always apt to do when they were within reach, down her stomach, and then he stopped, much higher than he normally would. He lay between her legs, his face nuzzling contemplatively at her belly, idly kissing smooth skin that, in the near future, would begin to swell in maternal glory. “I’ll admit… this isn’t something I would have expected you to want.” He slowly trailed a line of kisses down from her navel, reflecting that she’d probably be able to tell him the instant that their child was conceived. It was really only a matter of time now. “Love is love, true, but family and childbearing traditionally fall under the purview of other goddesses.” Names, of course, would be different depending on which pantheon he was referring to, and he was not about to bring up that headache again of telling the difference between the two.
D&D/None/All-All

98 Posts
8 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Moon

Sune listened, her smile burying itself quite deep in her muscles at his reply. It was an understanding that so few ever reached- that even the Goddess who had gifted her this boon had a hard time seeing. That pain and loneliness were as much a part of love as the love itself. She sought his mouth with her own to express her appreciation of that. Stroking his cheek she laid kisses across the flesh opposite her hand. "One of many reasons I adore you so- very few people understand that love and pain go hand in hand. They seek loves that would do them no harm- they don't understand that a true love carves itself into you in a way that absolutely leaves scars." She commented, knowing that her words were certainly poetry as well. But she knew of no single word to describe all that love caused, without going into absurd metaphors to elaborate. "My Chosen." She purred as she nuzzled her nose against his.

She hummed in answer to his next comment, though her own reply was knocked out of her as she found herself very suddenly underneath her champion. Sune giggled slightly and grinned up at him, rather enjoying the change. Particularly when it involved him seeking out tender flesh that she was always pleased to offer to him.

For a moment she thought that he had decided that they were done with conversing for now- that he'd like to return to the embrace of their mutual passion- such that when he stopped, Sune almost growled for him to keep going. Then he was kissing the skin above what would be the growing place for their child, and Sune forgot about passion and simply melted at the sweet affection he paid her. For a moment, the world faded away until it was just her, and the man laying between her thighs, gaze soft in a way that no other had quite shared with her. Propping herself up slightly to get a better look at him, she reached out and twined a single silver lock around her fingers as he spoke.

Sune hummed in response, thinking out her words before she spoke.

"It is true that I am no Goddess of Motherhood. Nor am I the Goddess of children or anything of the like." She started, voice small under the weight of her thoughts. "For the first while that I was, I had been... Alone. I do not know if I had a family- if I was mortal- though I hope not. I am very proud of my children for not choosing immortality over love, I would be very disappointed in myself if I had chosen godhood over my loved ones. And it is rather sad to think that I may have a past that I will never truly know." Sune pulled that thought to completion before returning properly to the topic that he had brought up. "But regardless, the entity that I am- has never had a proper family. I have spent my many years building one. Chosen who became some combination of child, sibling, and friend. The other Love Gods who are the closest I have to sisters and brothers. But it is truer to say that the other love Gods are reflections of who I could have been. It's truer to call my exarchs worshippers instead of siblings." Shaking away the small wrinkle that had bent her brows, she stroked his face again to focus on the here and now. "I have never had an equal who I could love fully. Someone who is not obligated to answer my call. Someone I could be with without being competition for their power."

Sune smiled softly, loosing her hand from his hair to cup her abdomen. "Someone who I could teach, someone who could grow and change and become so much more than an extension of me or my power. Family." Her smiled turned even brighter as she felt a pulse of power from within. "And there is little more beautiful than a mother, father, and child." She took his hand and moved it to the left side of her belly.

"They're beginning to grow." She said softly, beaming at her lover.

264 Posts
18 Threads
Mike

Four simple words, and Arjay found himself shivering pleasantly, a pleasure that had surprisingly little to do with the warmth and appeal of the body beneath him, or the thighs pressed around him. He peered up her body to where she was smiling down at him, unable to keep from appreciating the gloriously arousing view that it afforded him. Then, peering back down at her, he kissed her belly right where she’d lain his hand. He’d only seriously considered children once in his life, although at the time he’d also had reason to have serious misgivings about the idea, given the predilections of his late wife. Now that he was freed from such concerns, he found the entire situation both powerfully terrifying and terrifyingly powerful.

“Perhaps your choice was rather different than that,” Arjay suggested. “If divinity is pressed upon a person, I would think that the choice would be between the loves in one’s life, and all the loves in the world. The world needs a goddess of love, after all, and if your choice would have left it without one… well, I’d think that anyone with love in their heart would hesitate to make that choice. I would imagine that whatever the circumstances were, they were… profound, to say the least.”

Slowly, he began to trail kisses back up her body. “Or perhaps you were never mortal. Perhaps you were simply created to be what you are… although I’ll admit that the idea of you as a mortal is an interesting one. The Earth-humans speak of the face that launched a thousand ships. I’d imagine that you could have put those petty little squabbles to shame.” He paused, his lips brushing the lower curve of her breast. “Ah, the sordid things we do for love…”

Still, he couldn’t help reflecting that of late, his feelings toward the goddess beneath him had felt… different. Oh, he worshipped Love, that much was certain, and he adored her. However, he had quickly grown accustomed to the idea that, given the attention his very affectionate goddess wished of him, he was unlikely to find another lover who would understand or accept those… nightly devotions. Little by little, he found himself placing her in that role instead… and this latest development only helped solidify that idea. Her exarchs were but more worshippers to her… so where did that leave him, he wondered. Well, time would tell.

“I do believe you’ve gotten your wish. It’s only taken millennia, of course, but now, here, in this strange place, your family is growing,” He said as he slid higher, his eyes meeting hers with that mischievous gleam in them, an affectionate tease in his voice, “Mother.”

In a way, that one word made this whole thing more real for him as well. He was going to be a father. This was the mother of his child… and oh yes, he loved her. He loved her as the goddess that had protected him all these years, yes, but she was also now the woman that he came home hoping to find there, the face that he saw each morning when he rose from his reverie. His heart feeling fit to burst in his chest, he kissed her, deeply, passionately, as his hips thrust against hers once more. His arm pressed beneath her back, pulling her tightly against his chest, not knowing exactly what his irrational need was, but knowing that part of it, the aching need of his desperately full heart, was to have her as close to him as possible.
D&D/None/All-All

98 Posts
8 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Moon

Sune would have been content to have Arjay press a kiss to her skin for most reasons- and in this case it was plenty moving that he was touching his lips to the skin above the small cell that was their child.

But what brought tears pricking at the corner of her eyes was the tendril of love she could feel extending from her lover to the embryo that had just begun it's journey. It was little yet, just the slightest vine of emotion. Not terribly well attached, though it was twining itself among other bonds in his heart. Yet it remained, no mere figment of her imagination.

Sune already loved the child. Had she chosen to use her magic to hurry along the birth, taxing as it would be, she would have adored the babe. But to know that Arjay was already becoming attached to the idea of their child, if naught else, was so incredibly, wonderfully, unbelievably beautiful. She wondered if he knew in that moment how bright she found him. That even surrounded by beings of similar power to her own, she had never known someone to light up a room as he did with the smile he shared.

Once more he found a way to twist something that she dreaded into something so less awful. She did not know if his words were true- but to have chosen the love of others over what she had- was perhaps the only version of a mortal life that did not upset her to think she may have had. "Yes, I imagine that rising to godhood would be a rather profound event." She managed, mouth quirking with dry humour, before once more softening to little more than what a maiden could manage when faced with a first love.

The air fled her lungs as he finished his trailing thought. Certainly the touch on her skin was absolutely delightful- but the look in his eyes spoke of emotional depths that few held for her. Many loved her. That had never been a doubt of hers- when you were intimately aware of how each person loved, it was impossible to be uncertain of how they adored you. But there had always been a disconnect. They loved her as one loved their home for sheltering them. None who had known her as who she was had ever been able to get past that.

Perhaps because she was not simply a woman- she had never been loved as simply as a man loved a woman. There was always some part that had prevented that.

Arjay however- the very well founded, sturdy love that he held for her was more. He did, in some maybe small way love her as a woman. As someone to have and hold and all the wonderful things that came from such a love. There was still the adoration that he had always had for his Goddess. That had not dimished. Instead it twined with the different affection that was building in his heart for her- to become something more. Something that she had longed for as much as a child- and had longer for for a much greater time.

Sune knew in that moment that every promise she had offered him was true. Had he fallen in a different universe- love incarnate or not- she would not rest until he had found his way home. If today were the last she had with him before he found his place in brightwater, she would still sacrifice every last bit of her comfort if it would make him happier. That she did not care if he could only love Hanali- Sune would allow herself to diminish to be the woman Arjay could love. She knew in that moment that she would not be able to show him the vast emotion she held for him anymore. For in that heartbeat, that single breath, she understood for the first time that she loved him far too much for his frame to withstand.

Her fingers scrambled for purchase against his skin, desperate to feel him against her- to remind herself that in this moment he was hers, she his- and that she wanted nothing more than that. All fears of bruising him, of causing pain, lost to the moment, the sweet caress of his skin on hers. Were her whole mind present, she may have been better able to think around the emotions overwhelming her, but as it was she barely managed to address the flaw in his statement before she lost track of it. "Our family." She corrected softly, stealing a small gasp of air before he sent it once again spiralling free of her lips with his movement. "Father." She added for punctuation as she hitched her leg around his hips to make her opinions of the motions very, positively, obvious. Sune bent her back willingly at his hold, happy to be in that moment no less adored than any woman who had captured her lover's heart. Even if she selfishly wanted so much more.

264 Posts
18 Threads
Mike

Arjay gave the goddess a flat, patient look. Yes, attaining godhood was a profound event. “Oh, I don’t know, I’m sure that occasionally, some find godhood beneath their seat when they go out to dinner. ‘Oh my, look, I’m a god now!’” yes, he could even be sarcastic with his goddess. May his nerve know no bounds. “What I meant is that I’d imagine that for that to happen… you likely wouldn’t have been in a simple family situation. Draw your own situations from that, I’m quite sure you’ve seen more than I could imagine for it.” Nevertheless, his lips quirked up at the corners, obviously far from annoyed with the exchange. Honestly, he reveled in it. Wasn’t this what lovers did, needling each other affectionately at little slips of the tongue or poorly-thought statements?

The whole situation was confusing… but wasn’t love always? It was mysterious, unpredictable, dangerous, and for some, unavoidable. As their bodies joined, as she melted against him, he could feel that new shield against her mind thinning, which he supposed made sense. Was there ever a better time for him to be unable to deny her anything, was there ever another time where he was literally offering all of himself up to her? His body shuddered in pleasure, rocking against her hips as he felt her heels pressing into the small of his back. Still, he fought to keep those shields in place, because to the elf, there were still some things that were worth more said than simply observed, even if they were observed in the rawest form in one’s mind. He broke their kiss, momentarily lost in those deep green eyes peering up at him. “I love you,” he whispered. “Desperately. Passionately. You could fall from godhood tomorrow, and I would worship you with my heart all the same. There…” He gave a desperate scowl at this, comically frustrated with himself, “There aren’t words for what I feel.” And what admission would hurt the ever-eloquent elf more than that one? Yet it was true. There was nothing he could say to do justice to what he felt, and the fact that it could all be brushed aside as the devotion of a devout worshiper made him furious with this lack… but in truth, would he have agreed to give a child to a goddess, simply because he was asked? Normally… no, he would not, he found, looking into his heart.

Seizing her hand, he pressed it between them, over his heart, his eyes pleading her as he did. “Feel what I feel,” he whispered, begging her… and then there were no words. There were no more words he had, and there was no more need of them, because he could not keep her out of his mind, he didn’t want her out of his mind. His lips found hers again as their bodies writhed together in that familiar dance, each shuddering in counterpoint to the other.
D&D/None/All-All

98 Posts
8 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Moon

Sune threw her head back into the pillow with a laugh, utterly taken with the image of this accidentally godhood. She finally stifled her amusement with a playful push to Arjay's chest. "I knew what you meant." She replied with a smile that was spurred by his own. She liked talking to him like this. Neither one of them the deity or the worshipper. Just- Arjay and Sune. No more and no less.

Her heart stuttered as his mind whispered against hers- just the slightest tease that had her desperately searching for his thoughts. Her heart almost broke when she felt him reeling them back- she adored him, and she was willing to hold back from reading his mind for his happiness, but so help her if her mind didn't latch on to the hint of his like a drowning man would a life preserver. It distracted her from the awe inspiring feel of his body against hers for just a breath. Just enough that when he pulled back his kiss as well, Sune couldn't help but follow his actions with her eyes, feeling an ache that was rather out of place for such a moment.

Then he was speaking words that were so incredible that for a brief second she swore they had to be imagined. She knew that he loved her. She had never questioned that for a second. No, it was the idea that he would still adore her if she were human. If she were fragile, and had less than a hundred years to live. If she could only be there for the tiniest fraction of his life- and for the first time in her life she truly doubted someone's proclamation of affection despite the incredible evidence to the contrary. Had she not just been noticing the love he held for her- as a woman rather than a Goddess? Had Arjay ever told her a lie? Had he not sworn to never hurt a love intentionally after his first?

Yet still, her mind took the words and twisted them. Made them sound less like Arjay. Forced her for a moment to think that she truly had imagined it and that she was simply being absurd. She had never wanted a worshipper so desperately to say such things. Sune had never asked for more than love than what someone was willing to offer her.

But oh every single bit of selfishness that she tried to stay in the presence of her lovers- every single spec of it within her- wanted his words to be real.

She was so desperate to believe they were true, that for another selfish moment she wanted to tell him that she wouldn't look into what he felt. That simply putting her hand over his heart would do nothing to convince her that she should. Yet even more than her selfish desires- she could not deny Arjay what he asked for so sincerely. She kissed him back numbly as she did what he desired. Delved into his emotions, sorted through his mind- and found that in some absurd way, he loved her exactly as he said.

Sune couldn't keep the tears from falling now. Not even a case of her not wanting to, rather she was so overwhelmed with emotion that liquid spilled from her eyes separate from anything she wished. His kiss now returned with fervour, pressing as close as she was capable. Moving her hand to his temple where she bridged the gap between his mind and hers such that for a moment he might be able to see exactly what she was thinking as well.

That were he the God and she the devout worshipper, she would not love him any differently. That she could no more deny him his desires as he was capable of denying hers.

264 Posts
18 Threads
Mike

The surprise in her eyes… was it surprise? Shock? Goddess help him… was it disbelief? No, not disbelief. He couldn’t lie to her, she would know that. But this… well, this was one of those reasons he wanted to relate to her as simply (if anything about them could be referred to as ‘simply’) a woman. How else could words, words so earnest and heartfelt, have that sort of impact?

But they’d struck home, because he’d never seen that sort of look on her face, that sort of innocent surprise or loss of words, that sort of vulnerability. Could she ever have such a moment with anyone else, had she ever had such a moment? He truly didn’t think so, but in that moment he didn’t care. The important thing was her, and him, in this very moment. He could tell the precise moment that she had peered into his mind, the second that his words became real to her, became a fact of love. He shuddered against her kiss, and when her hand brushed against his temple…

It was like peering down a vast, plunging cliff, where your eyes strain to make sense of the distance you are looking, leaving your head spinning, only this cliff dropped farther than the depth of the world. It was like falling, always sure that you were about to hit the ground, only to realize that the ground was still miles beneath you. It was like looking at an oncoming sun, rushing toward you, only to realize that no matter how close you got, it was still so far away, only infinitely bigger than you had imagined. His mind spun as it tried to make sense of that barest touch of a godly thought, and when it finally settled, he was left with that achingly, heartbreakingly beautiful surety of her love for him… or at least the knowledge that it was somewhere worlds beyond what he could comprehend of her feelings.

What was it like to be worshipped by a goddess just as you worshipped her? The irony was that he still didn’t know, it was a feeling so far beyond him that he could only make sense of the crudest fraction.

All the while, their bodies never stopped moving, though they tended more and more toward pressed as closely together as they could be. The last coherent thought he could manage as passions began to sweep over them, he couldn’t help gasping out loud, even though he was sure that she could hear it in his thoughts. “Our child will be so beautiful…”
D&D/None/All-All

98 Posts
8 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Moon

Just as he had watched her response, Sune found herself tracking every muscle in his face as he glimpsed into the part of her mind that was in this avatar. Had her consciousness been fully realized in that one form, she would never have done that, for fear that the raw divinity may run through him like a forest fire and destroy everything in its path. As it was she still watched warily to make certain she left no lasting mark. She watched as his eyes lost track of where the real world was for a moment- staring blindly in the direction he faced. It was only for a brief moment- long enough for him to gain his bearings- before she eased her hand away.

She had admittedly forgotten how it could be when she did that- it had not been since her first child that she had wanted to share with someone else her mind. The reminder in the way his eyes flicked was enough for her to remember to slowly break the connection, rather than create mental whiplash.

All that mattered to her was that in that one moment, she found a way that would not cause him physical pain to understand the love she held for him. Even if his understanding of it was fractured and only scratching the surface of the true emotion. Before he could potentially speak, she stole his mouth for her own, eyes closing to focus solely on the sensation of his body and the very enjoyable things he was using it for.

It did not take long for the two of them to try and press themselves together so tightly that Sune would not have been certain there was movement had she not felt every single filling action- those that filled literally as well as those which left her heart singing. She understood the idea of how two became one through such an act- but she had never felt such a desperate need to fuse herself to another. She choked a laugh at his proclamation- heard mentally just a fraction sooner than out loud. "Our child will be so loved." She added, in a replying noise of pleasure before deciding that words were for other times and now was the time to have every single part of him that was available- including the lips that kept escaping her own.

264 Posts
18 Threads
Mike

Quite a while later, Arjay lay, limbs tangled, with his lover. The light breeze wafting through the window chilled his sweat-dampened skinn, and probably hers, he assumed. Without even opening his eyes, he made a little gesture with his hand as he cast a spell, grasping the sheet from where it had been kicked to the bottom of the bed and pulling it up over them. He didn’t need to open his eyes… he knew her by her smell, her touch, the press of her body against his. All he’d be able to see was an artful tangle of hair and the side of her neck, but now he could focus on the feel of her cooling skin beneath his fingertips, the way it dipped down at the small of her back and flared out at the swell of her hip. He could take his time picking all of the various scents out of the perfume she wore (no Earth-world chemical mess this), wondering for a moment if it smelled different for him than everyone else, if it was some trick of the mind, then deciding that no, he didn’t think so… if only because she knew that he’d want her to simply wear something for him. Beneath it, he could catch the warm, salty smell of sweat, and that unique smell of her skin, the one that filled his mind with the thought of her body spread out before him.

“This is not how I pictured starting a family,” he mused, a slight chuckle in his weary voice. “My lovers were ever picked from people who needed me… or needed something from me, I suppose. Now… well, you hardly need me to be a big strapping elf to guard us, do you?” Now he really was chuckling. “Is this what it’s like to be a kept man?” he teased, dipping his head slightly to press a kiss along the curve of her shoulder. Really, it didn’t bother him (nor did he really think he was as unneeded as he was implying), but as he thought about it, he really had had some sort of power over all of his old lovers. A few he had been a mentor to, a few had been young, either in years or in experience, just learning about love, a few had needed him to be their common sense… it was honestly refreshing to not be the one at the top for once. True, he would have liked for it to be something a bit more equal, but this wasn’t so unbalanced as one might think. For all her divinity was worth, he had to wonder just how often she’d been loved as a woman in her existence.

“That… was amazing,” he sighed. True, one could hardly expect making love to the Goddess of Love to be anything else, but even by the standards they’d set, it was exceptional. “And I was glad to see that the sentiment didn’t appear to be one sided. Surprised, too, I suppose… I would have thought that you’d be far more accustomed to this.”
D&D/None/All-All

98 Posts
8 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Moon

Sune hummed softly as the sheet was laid over her- she didn't care too much for temperature, it didn't matter to her, but it did make her happy that he was being so considerate. And it meant she didn't need to move to keep him comfortable, which she had honestly forgotten to do. She was too focused on him. His scent, the texture of his hair where it brushed her skin, the way his hands didn't stop trying to explore and map her body no matter how much she wore him out.

Not that she minded that in the slightest- the slightly roughened texture of his fingers across her flesh was far from displeasing. She liked that he wanted to remember everything about her, even though she still separated the event in his mind to prevent comparisons. She liked being the thought he might keep in his mind when he was alone.

She smiled as she wiggled closer to his warmth, pulling his arms tighter around her like someone might a blanket. "I don't know..." Sune hummed, her smile turning both mischievous and decidedly sweet with her next words. "I might not- but someone might need a strong elf to protect them." She pointed out, dropping her own hand to her flat stomach- that she was eager to feel grow. "Not how I expected a family either. I had mostly given up on the idea- unless I found a fellow deity who I loved enough to want a long future with. And all of my other children came from lovers asking me, instead of the other way around."

She did pull one of his hands to her lips to add a reply. "Though you can certainly be a kept man if you'd rather. I would take very good care of you." Sune promised, amusement clear in her tone. Amusement that only grew as he stated his enjoyment.

"I had noticed you were enjoying yourself. But yes, I find that the more you care for someone, the more incredible it is to lay with them." She quipped, voice light, before she smiled to the point of quite possibly glowing, certainly radiating a bit of heat.

"I do not wish I were mortal mostly- children being an exception- but it does mean that few look at me and love the being and not the divinity. So yes, a bit surprising. You truly are somewhat absurd." She pressed another kiss to his fingers, through which he could feel her smile. "And it makes me incredibly happy that you are."

264 Posts
18 Threads
Mike

Arjay obligingly tightened his grasp around her, his arms closing easily around her small frame. His own fingers came to rest on her stomach along with hers, gently stroking her skin and eventually threading between hers. If that had been her idea for how she might end up with a family… well, he thought that his odds elsewhere stood a lot better than hers had been. It was one of the few theological truths that he’d been somewhat uncomfortable with. When push came to shove, did the gods care about anything beyond their own little domain? All in all… no, they didn’t. Did Tempus care for the love between two commoners? No, he didn’t, unless that love might play somehow into a war somewhere. Did Lathander care about your business troubles? No, he didn’t, and he might even approve of them continuing to force you to a fresh beginning. While a mortal love might inspire someone to change for the person who loves them, a god simply could not change, or at least, when they did change, it was something which could turn them into a completely different deity, far away from the deity that you had known and worshipped. He had no illusions that this would be anything resembling a traditional relationship, or that if anyone was to need to change, it would have to be him. But when a love was worth it… who wouldn’t change or bend for it?

“I suppose I hadn’t considered that yet,” he admitted, once again adjusting his thinking to take the child into account. Half-divine it might be, but it would also be mortal in the fact that it could decide its own path, could be led astray, could even be hurt. All in all, quite the oversight to think that it was the mother that might need protecting in any given family. He had to worry for three now, and he’d better get used to it. “I suppose that if word of this makes its way around Toril, as it obviously and eventually will, it’ll cause quite the stir in some circles.” Some circles which would absolutely covet the chance to use the child’s safety against either parent. He wasn’t foolish enough to think that he, himself, didn’t have enemies. The Zhentarim would likely eventually realize who the last surviving person who’d engineered their defeat in Shadowdale was. “Quite a humbling thought, I suppose.”

“You would bore of me if I were just a kept man, smiling and preening and being generally useless outside the bedroom,” he teased. “Otherwise you’d have snatched me up centuries ago before I was quite as useful as I’d like to tell myself that I am.”

He tightened his arms around her, considering what she said. Yes, he was absurd. He was allowing himself to fall in love with a being who was, by nature, flighty and unable to deny the whims that would call her elsewhere. This road he was on now was one that would be littered with pain and occasional heartbreak… but in the end, that even had a beauty all of its own. Ye gods, I’m sounding quite emotionally masochistic, aren’t I… Leaning aside slightly, he pressed a kiss along the back of her neck, the scent of her hair filling his nose as he did. Only the fact that he realized a goddess had no need to bathe kept him from picturing her bathing herself in perfumed water… but then, he let himself have that picture anyway. It was quite the pleasing thought, after all. “Not nearly as surprising as being permitted to do so. I just trust that you’ll let me know well before you’re growing bored of me,” he teased quietly.

@moon
D&D/None/All-All

98 Posts
8 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Moon

It was fascinating how simply mortals regarded the world. To even try to understand it was confusing for Sune. Of course godly domains extended past the clear examples of love, law, battle, or what have you. Truly it was more easy to describe each domain as a spider web, twining with the others in an eternal dance.

Sune on her own, cared for most things. Someone's love of battle. The concerns they had about their business- how it affected their loved ones. Their willingness to do what they must to protect their loves. How one loved the sound of rain. She didn't know if she was an outlier amongst the gods- but love was pervasive. It was one of the most powerful motivators- and it was all too easy to love.

Simply put however, if the gods cared little past the most dramatic examples of their domains- there would never be reason for conflict between the majority of them. Speaking solely of Sune's distrust for many other gods- it was easy to see that there was plenty of conflict. Though, of course, there was no way for Arjay to know this. Nor to be able to see that she was changing.

If she knew what he was thinking, Sune would be inclined to agree. Of course she didn't change. Not only was she quite literally ideal beauty, but she exemplified the best of many people. There was no need for change. Besides, change was for the living. Which she wasn't really. To be properly alive, you had to face death as an option. Sune wasn't invulnerable- difficult as it may be- it was functionally possible to kill her. But it was more akin to the destruction of an automaton.

The fragments of the being known as Sune could be disassembled and rebuilt into something similar yet different. It was part of why she did not begrudge those who loved the divinity and not the being. She was the divinity just as much as she was the being- and the divinity would remain even if the being were destroyed.

Yet in practice- Sune was not the same Goddess she had been at the beginning. She grew. She learned. And yes, she changed. An example of which lay beneath her palm. For the first time in her existence- she had asked for a child. She wasn't just fulfilling the whim of a worshipper. She had sought out Arjay. Waited for him. And now she had chosen to start a family with him.

She giggled slightly, voice high as her spirits were. "It is a thought that I'm sure you will take to with aptitude. You are an excellent protector and I do not think you will allow our child to come to harm that is not of their own making." Sune did pause as she finished her phrase, playing with the fingers he had threaded through hers. "Though that does bring up a question. Would you like to tell your family?" She asked softly, doing her best to make clear that she held no opinions either way- though being truthful, she was quite looking forward to speaking with her exarchs about the matter, and they were the closest she had to family.

She laughed again, the sound rippling through her whole being, as she reached back to cup his cheek. "How do you know I didn't just wait because I wanted to see you muscular, practiced, and have you perform feats of strength for my pleasure?" She quipped with a grin that spoke of how little she wanted that. That she had waited because she wanted him to have everything he could from his life.

She then wiggled against him slightly, nudging him with her shoulder. "I have waited two hundred years, how short do you think my attention span is? You will have to try much harder to bore me Arjay Lo'ran." She replied brightly, filled with warmth at his words regardless.

@mike

264 Posts
18 Threads
Mike

And now, Arjay was even more glad that she didn’t hear his thoughts as he thought them, because the first thought he had to have was that for being such a good protector, he’d let quite a number of people he loved die. It wasn’t a fair thought, of course, and he knew that. He’d successfully protected many more than that, the entire city on at least one very notable occasion, but the first thing that would always come to his mind was that he’d let his wife be murdered, had been helpless to keep some of his closest friends from being killed. Well, he’d just have to prove he’d learned from that, wouldn’t he? “You say that as if the harm that a godchild can make for themselves is anything less than potentially cataclysmic,” he teased, “I’ll have to protect them from that as well.”

His family, though, was an entirely different issue. “Quite the bit of news to drop on people. ‘Hello, family, I’m bedding a goddess, and we’ve decided to have a family together.’ I almost want to avoid them entirely just to avoid Joleth’s ceaseless skeptical prattle.” He sighed, rolling onto his back and pulling her over against him. “If this isn’t something you’re keeping secret from the other gods, I’d almost expect my mother to know before I even get a chance to go visit. The amount of gossip that the high druids get from on high and from nature itself is nothing short of infuriating.”

He was dodging the issue, though, and he knew it. “I don’t particularly, no, but I’m sure that we should. I’m just not sure how well it will go over. There are plenty of issues with going to see my siblings on Evermeet or my mother’s tribe, and I apologize for saying so, but many of them will stem from the fact that while you ‘are’ Hanali Celanil, you,” he made a long (and fond) gesture down her body, “Aren’t presently her. As I’ve said before… I’m likely to face quite a bit of hostility from my People to be the favored worshiper of a human goddess. I’m not even quite sure if you could come with me to Evermeet in your present form. Much as I might have an… adaptable enough viewpoint, I’m fairly sure that most of my kind aren’t ready to find out that one of their beloved goddesses is primarily one of the humans’ goddesses.”

He sighed, the whole issue spinning about in his head. His family was not an issue that he necessarily enjoyed dealing with, even though he knew that he needed to. Shaking his head, he rolled toward her, burying his face against her neck. “I do believe I’m getting a headache just thinking about the matter,” he mused, nuzzling against her throat.

@Moon
D&D/None/All-All

98 Posts
8 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Moon

Sune giggled. The pleasure that she felt at his promises to protect their child was so much that it was impossible to contain and bubbled out of her lips as she listened to him. "Aren't parents supposed to let their child face some of their own consequences though? I'd hardly wish for our child to think their father will swoop in every time they try to end the world." She offered, voice as serious as she could, though the humour in her words was still unmistakable.

Her humour did take a backseat as he discussed telling his family. There was a surprising ache in her chest when the word no fell from his lips. Meeting the family was such a pedestrian thing. Very mortal in nature. And yet it made her sadder than she'd like to admit that he didn't want to introduce them to his lover and growing child.

At least right up until he gestured a hand at her form and explained further- the knot in her chest fell to pieces at that, as a few stray giggles snuck back. "Arjay." She managed, turning in place to press a kiss to the tip of his nose. Her eyes sparkled for a moment even as her eyes went gold, her ears pointed, and her hair blonde. "I can resemble Hanali even without assuming her aspect fully. For that matter, so long as you can convince your family to keep a secret, I will happily act as though Sune is an aspect of Hanali instead of the other way around."

She kissed his jaw, his cheeks, his eyelids, before finally pressing a soothing kiss to his brow to lessen any headache that may be forming. "We could even say that I am just a human worshipper that Hanali chose to carry her child so as to keep them out of harms way. I do not mind some deception, if it means that you will be able to introduce your family to your child."

@mike

264 Posts
18 Threads
Mike

Arjay smiled weakly, melting a bit under the divine affection. “Honestly? It would be much easier if we avoid anything involving humans. My mother’s tribe regards anything involving humans as corrupt and dangerous, and regards them themselves as possibly worse than that. The rest of my family… is less extreme than that, but you’d be dealing with quite a lot of snobbery and disapproval regardless.” He smiled humorlessly, shaking his head. “This would all be so much less complicated if anyone knew and/or would ever believe that I was a Chosen. This begins to border on ‘too much information all at once.’” He smiled, sliding his fingers through her hair, rolling toward her slightly. “I’m sorry. My family… isn’t exactly a subject that is easy for me to deal with, or even think about. If this makes you have second thoughts about the man that you decided to create your family with… well, first of all, that’s rather unfortunate since it’s too late to take it back, and second, I’m sorry.”

“My father’s family is the most difficult to deal with, and to be completely honest I see no reason to deal with them whatsoever. None of them have any regard for me, I’m not particularly close to them, and frankly my life is none of their business. The best idea would be for me to send word to my brothers and sister that I’ll be visiting mother, and to be there as well. Some of them should be able to come, although I think that ‘all’ will be too much to hope for.” He sighed. “I love my family. That’s probably what makes all of this so difficult. If I could just not care what they thought of anything I did, that would be quite a weight off of my back, but I don’t really see that happening.”

@Moon
D&D/None/All-All

98 Posts
8 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Moon

Sune stroked Arjay's cheek while he spoke, content to offer quiet comfort though her comforting smile turned into a frown at his implication that she cared about his family. Hooking an arm around his neck to pull his forehead against hers and poked his chest slightly. "First things first- I don't care about your family. I chose you, because I love you. Not because of them."

Cracking a grin, she rubbed her nose against his. "And also technically it'll still be just under a week before our child has connected with my body so it isn't too late. Not that I plan on stopping that." She said with a hum against his lips. A smile still there that spoke of how distinctly little she wanted that. "Of course we can keep humans out of it. Mostly I was just trying to come up with reasons why our child will likely have reddish hair and less pointed ears. Of course I can just create a stable illusion for them to wear when acting as the child of my elven self..." She offered comfortably, mind caught up in how best to create a growing illusion that would match the growth of their child.

She let him speak again, before rolling him on his back so that she could lay on his chest. She traced the lines of his muscles idly while pressing feather light kisses to his neck. "Oh I don't care for any of the ones outside of your immediate family. As far as I'm concerned, if they don't matter to you, they don't matter to me. Well. Outside of my godly duties anyways." Smirking mischievously, Sune hummed a note against his flesh.

"If you are worried since they do not know that you are my Chosen- we could just let it slip that you are. If I tell my exarchs that it is information that they can pass on, I'm sure it will only be a matter of days before your mother hears of it. We do have a number of months for this- we can tell them things piece by piece."

@mike