Fandoms: All

Canons: Open/Oc's Welcome!

Bans: Howard the Duck,
RPF* Real Person Fiction; IE Apping an actual celebrity

Main Rule:Don't Be a Dick

OOC min age:18

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thread Contributor: Arjay Lo'RanReally, he doesn't spend ALL his time here...
Dungeons and Dragons-Forgotten Realms

282 Posts
19 Threads
Job: Bard
Ship Status: Single
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Mike

All Accounts Posts: 849
"I'm rather afraid that yes, your daughter has found it necessary to fall into my dubious company on the other side, at least so far as when she wants to make her way home again," Arjay said apologetically. "I rather hope that should I find myself with a daughter, I'll have quite more fortune in her associations than this." His friendship with Lori had, of course, been quite innocent through no fault of his own, but he didn't think that that was a reassurance that would make any father feel better about a situation, so he just kept that bit to himself.

Arjay let her have her time to herself for most of the night, choosing to celebrate their battle with Thor as best befit such a situation: With as much drinking as they could manage. It was a boisterous affair, and he thought they might have intruded on the sleep, but eventually, the party ended, which left the elf (who had no need of sleep) lacking for company or passtimes.

He found his way up to the roof of the building, and it was there that he sat, cross-legged and bare-chested, in the chill autumn air when he heard Lori's rather distinct footsteps approaching behind him. "Not quite the comfortable visit that you're used to, is it?" he observed without turning to look at her.
@eve
Marvel-MCU-2

88 Posts
7 Threads
Job: Spy/Hero/Daughter
Sexual Orientation: Straight?
Nyte

All Accounts Posts: 1,456
Clint Barton groaned at the elf’s affirmation, pinning his daughter with a faux-angry glare, which Lori giggled at, and her papa only gave a quiet chuckle. “Arjay has been kind and understanding, dad,” she said with a shrug, “And he’s always sent me home right away when I ask him to, which he doesn’t have to do.” It was the truth; Arjay hadn’t had to offer the first time, and he certainly didn’t have to be as upstanding and timely about it when she asked, but he always was. Without exception.

For her part, Lori spent time with her family, drifting around the compound, spending as much time with her family as she could. She kept an eye on Arjay, of course, making sure no one was giving him a hard time about the playful battle with the Avengers, but no one ever did. They all understood the drive to fight and spar, and Arjay hadn’t hurt anyone.

The rest of her family and her team went off to find their beds, and Lori found herself unable, or perhaps just unwilling to sleep. She want for a long walk through the compound, and eventually made her way up to the roof, spying Arjay almost immediately and padding over to him quietly. She moved to sit beside the elf, close enough for conversation but not touching. Outwardly, she appeared happy and relaxed, but there was a tension in her spine that shone out through her eyes. “It was never going to be comfortable, not this time.” The words were spoken just above a whisper. “He’s my uncle, not by blood, but no one here is related to me by blood. He’s my uncle in all the important ways, and I killed him. Not this him, but it doesn’t really matter, not in my heart, you know?” Bruce hadn’t even blamed her. He had smiled a sad sort of smile and asked if the arrowhead had worked, if it had been painful or peaceful. Lori had thrown her arms around the scientist and apologized, but no, it had been as peaceful as was possible. A mercy, she hadn’t said, but she knew he understood. Justin said that the Hulk had caused so many problems in his world, but… But her uncle was a good man, a good person. Hulk was a good person, just a very very angry one. She didn’t like what she’d done, but she knew she’d done it for the right reasons anyway.

“Thank you, Arjay. For everything. Your arrow, bringing me home when I ask… For being my friend.” She leaned to bump her shoulder against his, “And it might not be comfortable right now, but I’m still happy to see them. I’ll always be happy to see them, even if I don’t want to live here full time right now.”

@mike
Dungeons and Dragons-Forgotten Realms

282 Posts
19 Threads
Job: Bard
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Mike

All Accounts Posts: 849
This girl was far, far too young to be put in the position that she had been put in. At the very least, she had the benefit of knowing that it wasn’t actually the same man that she had known, but it wasn’t quite the perfect defense that one would hope. She was, thankfully, dealing well, but the girl was hurting. He knew that… honestly, he could even do something about it, but he was the first one to know that just because you had a magic ability, you wouldn’t necessarily be welcomed if you used it.

“Lori, I’m going to ask you for an odd courtesy.” He turned his head toward her, smiling slightly, though his eyes still weren’t open. “I’m a vessel of the goddess of love’s power. When you’re speaking to me, there’s no need for keeping up appearances. I know how you feel, though I respect you enough to not try to ‘help.’” He did open his eyes, then. “Just give yourself a few moments to stop pretending you’re more fine than you are. I won’t tell a soul, I swear.”

As she bumped into him, he smiled and slipped his arm around her shoulders. “You just described ‘family,’ as seen by every grown child I’ve ever known,” he teased. “And you’re welcome, my dear. It’s no problem, ever. I’m not always the best friend to have, but you won’t find me ever giving the job up.”
@eve
Marvel-MCU-2

88 Posts
7 Threads
Job: Spy/Hero/Daughter
Sexual Orientation: Straight?
Nyte

All Accounts Posts: 1,456
Lori was young, yes, but she was an Avenger. She prided herself on being able to make the hard calls, to do what needed to be done. Just like her fathers. She was dealing, sorting her feelings. It wasn't easy, but it helped to see her universe's Bruce Banner alive and well here, at home.. It had helped (and it had hurt so, so much at the same time), to hear that he didn't blame her, that he understood and even thought that she had done the right thing. On one hand, it felt good to know she had his trust. On the other. She hated how okay he had been about the whole thing.

Arjay said he was going to ask for an odd courtesy and the girl blinked at him, wearing a curious look, but she didn't interrupt him. He knew how she felt, he said, and Lori believed him. The easy bump grew heavier as he half-hugged her. "I'm afraid to cry about it again. That if I start, I'll never stop... It's hard, Arjay. Harder than anything else I've had to do." She wasn't crying yet, but her voice was thick with unshed tears. The look she turned to him was firm and steady and certain, "You are a good friend, Arjay. And," she said, reaching to poke him gently in the chest with her free arm, "Be careful what you say about my friends." The joke wasn't filled with her normal cheer, but it was genuine, at least. "Because they rate right up there with the rest of my family."

@mike