Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thread Contributor: 616 Tony StarkCrossing Paths
Marvel-616

329 Posts
13 Threads
Job: Director of SHIELD
Ship Status: Open to shipping
Sexual Orientation: Sure, with just about anyone (but I don't want to write it explicitly)
Jasmine (starkly-tony)

All Accounts Posts: 491
"I'm sure he deserved it," Tony said, then grimaced. "It doesn't? I had no idea." He said the words lightly, but the truth was in his own universe his choices had ultimately impacted every superhero, and not always in ways they'd appreciated. On the other hand, he could understand her derision. He got more or less the same lecture from Hill every morning. "So, what do you love doing, if not saving the world? What're you here for?" She'd said something about having good to do here.

He shook his head at the man she'd described. It was hard to be imagine a version of himself that shied away from responsibility so completely, but on the other hand, Natasha had said her Tony was still drinking... So really it wasn't hard to imagine after all. He tried not to let it bother him that most of the Tony Starks out there apparently still drank, but all he could think about was how close he'd come to not going straight. There but for the grace of God and all.

He pulled his thoughts away from that and answered, "I never wanted the job. But it was me or someone who'd honestly thought siccing supervillains on Spiderman and sending out heavily armed squads to capture teenage superheroes was a good idea, so..." He shrugged, "I took it. So far, I've mainly succeeded in pissing off the few people who were still on my side. But it needed to be done."

They'd reached the coffee shop, and Tony beckoned her in, holding the door even though it would have made his Natasha roll her eyes. Once they were inside, he added, "You're lucky, you know. I could've done without winning."
Marvel-MCU-3

174 Posts
8 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Katie

All Accounts Posts: 922
"Maybe its an idea you should check out." Natasha suggested, before answering his question "I don't have some grand purpose for being here, but there seem to be plenty of chances to go off and make things better for someone-at the moment there is a variant of Cap who is setting up a rescue mission for his version of Bucky, I'm going on that, once it happens. Clint and Coulson apparently go off and slay orcs or whatever, make life a little better. I'm going to go kill Baba Yaga pretty soon, so there's that too."

Natasha winced at the description "Yeah, I can see why you'd take on the job in that case. Sometimes all you can do is try to make things less bad. And yeah, that is one thing this place is good for-finding out how things could have gone, for good and bad."
Marvel-616

329 Posts
13 Threads
Job: Director of SHIELD
Ship Status: Open to shipping
Sexual Orientation: Sure, with just about anyone (but I don't want to write it explicitly)
Jasmine (starkly-tony)

All Accounts Posts: 491
"Ways to do good. Yeah," Tony agreed vaguely.

He knew about Steve's plans to rescue Bucky, and he didn't like them. Actually going back and changing the time stream, changing the future... It was dangerous. It risked creating parallel worlds or, worse, erasing existing ones. It was more power than anyone should have over the future, and about as unpredictable as a genie's wish. You might get what you wanted, but there was no telling what future you'd come back to.

Portals opening up on their own in the past week one thing. Actually going back to tinker yourself was something else entirely.

So he couldn't help from adding, "It's not your mission. I know. But for gods sake be careful. Not everyone wants a different future." It would probably annoy her, him telling her what to do like that. He added, "Not for my sake. I'd be happy to blink out of existence. But all that good and bad you see here, well, you never do know what you're going to get when you stir the pot like that."