OC-OC

50 Posts
2 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

All Accounts Posts: 1,504
The little red haired goddess certainly had the confidence of every love god Adhira had ever been acquainted with.

Food!

Adhira shot a look at her mate. Since when was his head turned by food!

The amused affection her mate viewed the little goddess with sparked a thread of jealousy. They each had other loves, small and great, and often the other bowed out gracefully.

Often how ever was not always.

Regally she accepted his arm, sliding through the walls of this not world easily to follow the little goddess into what she would entertain them with.

Well he might remember better if he would accept their children were not threats simply because they grew up!

Seth’s amused approval drew her own contrary irritation; a room that alone she would not have remarked on now was viewed as base and humble as a place to entertain. Especially as it seemed she had known they were coming.

Settling into a chair she allowed herself to be guided to Adhira’s thin smile hinted at fangs barely hidden.
D&D/None/All-All

92 Posts
8 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Moon

All Accounts Posts: 749
Sune couldn't help the smile that sparked in her eyes as it grew across her mouth. Oh the jealousy of a Goddess- so very fun to play with. Sune sighed briefly as she remembered that she was planning on playing nicely. And nicely to the standards of not love Gods- since it was true what they said, all was fair in love and war. Choosing to instead focus on preparing the finishing touches, she lit a small candle and set it on the table while she looked around. Humming a soft note, she summoned in the food she had made, setting the table with the finest dishes Arjay possessed.

"Do forgive the locale- I adore it because I adore it's owner- but though he is my chosen, he is not a champion of beauty alone." She explained as she pulled a seat out politely for the Goddess to be seated in. Sune did the same for the God- though she didn't use her hands for that. "But I presumed you'd rather meet on neutral ground- or almost neutral I suppose. I could certainly cloak it if you'd like, though it seems to me that enveloping the area in my power defeats the point of a neutral location." Sune offered as she noticed the look of disdain the other Goddess wore.

It was amusing how blatantly jealous the other Goddess was- or at least it was to someone so in tune with love and the emotions surrounding it. Sune was once again torn between playing nicely as planned, or saying screw it and having her fun. In the end it came down to the fact that a fight between deities may vapourize any mortal in the vicinity- a number that included Sune's lover.

So she bit her lip as his shoulders broadened and translucent gown faded into his favourite dove gray suit. He left his hair long and flowing, though he pulled it back into a matching ribbon. Bowing to press a kiss to the now sole Goddess in the room's hand, Sune smiled. "Does this put you more at ease beauty?" He asked, trying to hold back a wicked grin before he went and took the remaining seat at the table.

"So." He started, picking up the bottle of Syrah and pouring himself a glass- which he sniffed softly before wetting his mouth with it. "Go ahead and ask your questions darlings. I suspect you aren't just here for my company." He said in a facade of some diplomacy- though he knew they were there for more than his company. One of the many benefits of foresight.
OC-OC

117 Posts
11 Threads
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Nyte

All Accounts Posts: 1,348
It wasn’t that Seth’s head was turned by food, but rather that he was feeling a certain amount of fairly uncharacteristic levity at their current situation. They ruled over universes, and yet here they were, consulting with what amounted to be a fortune teller. It was amusing, but at least gods of love tended to be beautiful, giving him and his mate a pretty face to look at.

He ignored the chair the love goddess moved for him, eschewing the idea of sitting to instead move to stand behind Adhira, inky darkness seeping into the air around him as he relaxed his hold on his power. Let this goddess, so eager to show off her power, see him for who and what he was; a god of death and destruction, of darkness, storms, and raging seas. He might be the order to Adhira’s chaos, but that didn’t mean he was dispassionate. “I suppose sentiment could be forgiven in a goddess of love.” This was hardly neutral ground, however. The tavern belonged to her chosen, as she had just admitted, which meant that this was her grounds. But that was fine; Seth was far from concerned about where they met, not with Sune. Adhira… That was embroiled in millennia of politics and deeply felt decorum, but this new goddess could place no requirements on him.

There was only one who could do that, and she was here with him.

It was quite adorable, how concerned the goddess was with the health of her follower. He shrugged easily, “Were we trying to hide from mortals, then? If that was your intention, then you’ve done a marvelously terrible job of it. I’ve heard it in the minds of mortals all over this city that there is a goddess in residence here.” He smiled his amusement; it could be a fun game, to upset and confuse mortals about the existence of gods and goddesses, but truly, in this place? Seth preferred to walk more quietly, to see who was present, and from where they hailed without the added bluster and bother of them knowing they spoke with someone so much more than they were.

The gender switch earned a quiet snort from Seth, who all but shrugged at it. Male, female, it mattered little to him. Form was irrelevant; he had only just moments ago danced with his mate through the sky in the form of lightning and wind. It wasn’t the kiss that rankled against Seth, but the ease of address, the familiarity Sune dared to use with Adhira that set the god on edge. He let it go without comment, until he attempted to use the same easy address with him as well, “I wasn’t aware we were so well acquainted to be called by pet names.” The words were spoken stiffly, with a formality that Seth typically shunned save for in moments when he was uncomfortable, irritated. It could be very nice to have other gods about, but that did not mean that he was any more comfortable or trusting than he had been since… Before. Still, he looked to his wife; she, he did trust, “Beloved, I believe the question was yours?”
OC-OC

50 Posts
2 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

Male, female. Her mate was a lover of both or any when he chose. She was of a more narrow mind, although some few had been taken in a broader sense.

Yet the reasoning behind the shift was thoughtfully meant, and even as her mate allowed his godhood to seep into the air, Adhira pulled hers back.

The kiss on her hand was charming because it was as good as the little god saying s/he just wanted to play nice, and oh wouldn’t you like a bit of my cake pretty snake?

“Both questions can be answered easily.” Adhira reached for Seth’s Hand, drawing it over her shoulder. “We are curious.” Adhira smiled softly. “And it has been an age since we have seen a love god/ess.” Adhira stroked his hand soothingly, now calming his nature.

“We chose each other long ago. And even when we part….we return. So. Our curiosity is what do you see?”
D&D/None/All-All

92 Posts
8 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Moon

Sune raised a single delicately arched brow at the God's display of power- before disregarding it to drink his wine. "Sit or don't- but you do have quite the aura there. I'd ask if you were trying to show off, but I don't know that I'd call you the type." He replied, voice smooth, though something dangerous sparked in his eyes. Turning his attention back to the beautiful lady who sat across from him, he removed the third chair and slid his seat to be at polar opposites of the table. (There were benefits to not having to do so with any more than a thought.)

"Though your mate's chaotic nature is a far better match for that of mine." Sune offered with a smirk, leaning forward as though to reach for her, before snagging a single grape from the display on the table and popping it in his mouth. Letting the other man speak, he gave a brief shrug. "I am more than capable of going unnoticed should I desire-and I have done so more than I have walked as I am. But those trips hardly get spoken of now do they? But I see no point in subtlety . I am who I am- and I fail to see why I should not allow others to see the beauty and power that walks among them." Sune explained away with a wave of his hand at the other man.

The following comment and the look of discomfort had Sune sighing instead. "Certainly I can call you Seth if you'd rather, but we all have a great many names, and it seemed easiest to address you the way I would any other." He gave a small frown, disliking it greatly when his company was made uncomfortable by his presence. Tapping his long fingers on his knee, he waited patiently as the Goddess calmed her mate and presented her question.

It was for the best that Sune kept his thoughts shielded, especially seeing as he was quite certain that some of them would offend the couple opposite him. Could they have asked a more useless question? How dull were they?

Holding back a wistful sigh regarding his hopes for an interesting query, he smiled softly though the spark in his eyes had only turned mischievous in nature. "What do I see? I see a mother who needs to accept that she can't change her mate's opinion about their grown children- a father who needs to get over himself and spend time with his children- a couple who could probably both benefit from some lessons in communication and who should perhaps seek out a good pair activity like destroying a dead planet or making a new one-" Sune paused, before finally letting the tirade go and eyes soften.

"I see a pair of Gods who trust the other more than any in creation, a king and a queen who offer each other support that no one else could, and a man and a woman who despite their imperfections, love each other dearly." He offered, voice low and soothing, eyes filled with the same fire as his hair, divinity flaring ever so slightly with the truth of the words he spoke-

And then he was back to being a playful deity who knew entirely too many negative emotions to not take the light where he could. "And also a pair of darlings who came to visit Love Incarnate and asked just about the least useful question in existence. I can certainly reaffirm you of what you already believe in your heart of hearts- but had I said anything else, would either of you have trusted a word I said?"
OC-OC

117 Posts
11 Threads
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Nyte

Or none. There were long swaths of time where Seth had been fully and entirely alone. As Set, as Nergal, as Hades, and as Seth, he had lived without a mate at his side. He and Adhira might come back to one another repeatedly, but that didn’t mean that he was with anyone while they were apart. Often times, that was the case, but not always.

It was more than an aura; it was both part of who he was as well as his domain; death and the underworld were everywhere, and connected to him. “My apologies,” he spoke the words even as the darkness drew back in toward him, “I hadn’t meant any insult.” he had simply relaxed his hold over his power, allowing it to spread and seep into the area around them instead of keeping a tight rein over it. The smile he offered Sune was genuine but thin and strained; it was easy for a love god(ess) to walk amongst mortals freely, allowing them to see their beauty and power. When you were a god of death and destruction, of storms, oceans, and deserts, that was more difficult, unless you intended on sending them screaming as they ran away.

Adhira’s comfort and soothing him earned a small smile that made up for its lack of size in its depth. He knew she was trying to calm him, to keep him behaving properly, and that was.. Acceptable. He didn’t mind it; in fact, he enjoyed the attention.

Quietly, Seth brought the chair back, settling into it carefully, as though he worried it might collapse under his weight, though he was not all that large a man. He retained his position next to Adhira, unperturbed by Sune’s statement about Adhira and her nature; he might be a jealous god, but that didn’t mean he didn’t trust his mate. And if she wanted to dally with the love god, who was Seth to say she shouldn’t? So he shrugged in response to Sune’s offer to call him by Seth, “As you said, we have all gone by many names.” Being social with a fellow god was no less difficult than it had been a millennia ago; the politics never changed.

And his Beloved wondered why he preferred to simply do away with other gods.

”...a father who needs to get over himself and spend time with his children…”

Seth’s face hardened, becoming cold, chiseled stone at the words, his expression impassive and neutral, but for his eyes. They burned like coals, not with anger, but with pain. “It doesn’t tend to go well when I spend time with them.” The words were at odds with his eyes, where they were hot, his voice was cool. He had tried, he had loved their son, been a devoted father as best as he could, and in the end that love, that devotion, had turned into pain. He wanted desperately to know and love their children, but his trust had been broken too often in the past to overlook and give it anew.

When the love god finished speaking, Seth offered him a small smile that tried too hard to be playful, “Who says we trust a word you said anyway?” The statement was spoken with the same levity he tried for with his expression but succeeded where his lips had failed. There was sadness in his face, sorrow and loss and pain, “Tell me, love god, what’s the point to it? Love brings disappointment and loss, to what end? A moment of joy to lead to millennia of sorrow?”
OC-OC

50 Posts
2 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

Similar to her mate Adhira did not always find a new paramour during their separations; the wounds of her first and third husbands still cut deeply into the goddess untold millennium after they were ash.

A nice pair bonding activity? Adhira chuckled at the little gods suggestion; “Our typical getting back together activity is to conquer a new universe and slaughter the native pantheon.” Was it a threat? Not really But it was the truth.

The little gods prophecy was not what she would have hoped for; yet as he said it was what she already knew. “And as Love you must also know the pains of it.” Her hand tightened around her mates as he sat spilling his wounded hearts questions.

“Romantic or familial; both are acid when lost or betrayed. Our first born was killed by the actions of our second. In the ages since more than one of our children has battled his siblings-“ Adhira sighed, “As we two have also battled. Love does not conquer all young god. So...why should we continue to fall back to each other when in a few thousand years there will be another ravaged world destroyed by our followers fighting our battles?”
D&D/None/All-All

92 Posts
8 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Moon

Sune grinned at Adhira and shrugged slightly. "To each their own." He murmured, completely confident that even if they sought to take over his world, they would not succeed. Of course- he imagined all gods thought like that- but Sune had the added advantage of being incredibly over powered. He was confident that when the attackers had so much love between them- he could pretty confidently say that he could manipulate their emotions in a way that would destroy their battle strategy.

He sighed in sudden tiredness, seeing the pain in the God of Death's eyes. Her features flowed to the softer feminine features, and she turned towards him and squeezed his hand. "I am sorry that you have felt such pain. I know that the life of a parent is not an easy one." She offered, quiet, and sincere. She sighed as the other Goddess questioned on the same tone, and Sune let the facade of joy fall away. Let the two Deities see the truth of love- the darkness, the sadness, the fear and pain. The room darkened with the loss of her enforced beauty.

"I know what it is to fear loving your children- I am sorry for being flippant." She explained to Seth, retracting her hand since she was confident that he wouldn't tolerate the contact for more than a moment. "My children have never fought- but I have never had a child who was not mortal. The longest lived of them do not have two thousand years of life to live- a different pain than losing one to another- but no parent wants to outlive their child. I would give up my divinity to my children if I could." She explained, pouring the remainder of her wine on her plate where it became a mirror that reflected not her own face, but countless of blonde and redheaded faces, smiling, having their own children, dying.

"The answer to your question is not one that many appreciate. It is the same as why there is order. If there is not chaos- then what is order but the state of being? What is life without death? If you never know darkness, what appreciation do you have for the light? If you have not been sad, why should you want to be happy? If you have never been alone, why should you care about Love?" Sune explained quietly, flicking her hand in a gesture that matched her wine flowing backwards from her plate into her glass.

Which she proceeded to drain in one swallow, wishing with regret that it had any sort of kick to dull the pain of her emotions. She sighed. "So the point of Love is to know the pain of loneliness. The point of that loneliness, Acid, pain, is to know Love. Neither can exist without the other." Sune gave the two of them a small smile in apology. "I wish that it could be any other way, but I'm sure you both know that the nature of existence is a careful balance. For most, the love is most of their lives- but among the ever living, it is all too easy to end up feeling much more hate than love. Each time your heart is broken, you get more jaded, and most immortals start to give up after a time."

The fire that had died in her eyes, returned on full force. "But it is in giving up on trying that you let the loneliness and anger and hate win. I have had my heart broken more times than even the longest living mortals could count to in their lifetimes- but that will never stop me. I have seen love gods who do not love for fear of pain- and I will not let that become me. I hope for your sakes' that the two of you do not let yourself become similar." Realizing that she had become a bit intense, she let out a small sheepish smile and shrug. "And I can assure you that for your honour or not, mortals always find a way to start wars."
OC-OC

117 Posts
11 Threads
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Nyte

Sune might be overpowered, but so were both the god and goddess that he was sitting with; Seth and Adhira had been around for millennia, had conquered universe after universe… But sitting here today, they weren’t seeking to build on their already massive empire. They were looking for answers to questions that neither of them had found the proper words for. Seth snorted softly at Adhira’s blunt statement about how they celebrated their reunions, shaking his head, “While my Beloved speaks the truth, we’ve never actually tried creating a new world of our own.” The idea had merit, so long as they kept their play to mortals and left immortals and the like out of the equation.

You never could tell when one might turn on you, after all.

She was sorry he felt so much pain. Seth gave Sune a small, conciliatory smile, “I’d hardly know that myself, really. As for pain, well, that goes hand in hand with death too often, doesn’t it?”

The love goddess’ words weren’t untrue; Seth know full well that chaos and order, life and death, love and loneliness, they were the same coin, just different sides, parts of the same cycle. But he was tired of pain, of loss, of losing. Not just to death, but to other, worse things. Ennui, disbelief, anger and hatred… Those cut far deeper than death ever could. “His death isn’t the worst of it.” Different than before, Seth’s power seeped out around him, not spreading, but instead pulling over him like armor; he wasn’t showing off, he wasn’t relaxing. “Death comes to mortals, and sometimes it comes to gods, too. It is part of living, to know death. To lose him to family, to another child…” Seth shook his head; it was more than he would usually speak on the subject, but perhaps if his mate knew why he felt as he did, why he was so reticent to try again.

Mortals and their wars. In that, Sune had a very, very valid point. “They do enjoy killing each other. Always have.”
OC-OC

50 Posts
2 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

Before chaos, before war, before she had come close enough to humanity to be mortal...she was once Masana; and her duty still was first as the goddess of motherhood and safe childbirth.

“When you sire a child with a mortal...at best the child is only half a god.” Did this god of love...had she never created with another divine being? That ache of unfulfilled motherhood called to the being she’s been created to be. “But sometimes that half can be a gods immortality.”

“Our Pantheons have a history of familicide.” His more so than hers, but they both carried the stains of blood split in their makings.

Her hand curled around her mates; “We have always destroyed to create our Pantheon again...perhaps s/he has a idea. Create from new, no blood split to make our children’s home.”

The little god/ess had dealt them fairly, and even a carnival fortune teller would be granted a boon for the reading.

Turning her attention from the intense moment with her mate Adhira reached to Sune’s cheek, stroking her thumb over it she leaned into kiss him/her slipping her power with the nick of her fangs.

Her venom could cleanse, heal, and here as a vehicle to lay her power in the other god, life.

Drawing back from the chastely tender kiss Adhira smiled at her. “The next child of mortal or god; shall have aspect you desire.”
D&D/None/All-All

92 Posts
8 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Moon

Sune smiled sadly and ducked her head in acknowledgement. "Yes, I am rather intimately aware. I have never loved another God such that I wished to have children with them." She explained, wondering if the other deities could possibly understand why she would not act without love- but it did not matter. Sune's core was love and she would not betray that. She did not wish to have a child who she would not love with all she had, and if she did not love their other parent, than that battle was lost before the child's birth.

She was startled when Adhira added a comment about passing immortality to a half mortal child. Sune's heart nearly beat from her chest with the very idea. That it was possible for her to have a babe with one of her beloveds and not have to lose them to time- it was too good to be true.

Sune's smile turned awkward when they mentioned famillicide. Shrugging slightly she ducked her head. "I am sorry to hear that. I can't even begin to imagine how painful that must be." Sune replied softly, knowing that they likely wouldn't understand exactly how true her words were. She had no ancestors. She had no siblings. All of her children died. Sune did not have a family to commit famillicide.

Sune couldn't help but smile at the small blossom of hope between the other two deities. If she could give them even one happy memory together, she'd sit here and offer suggestions for a good portion of eternity. Few loved as Gods did, and fewer Gods wished to be loved like that. Seth and Adhira had lived through things that would have torn apart lesser Loves, and Sune was a bit jealous of their relationship. It was imperfect, but they hadn't let it die.

It was a sort of beauty to see, and she felt decidedly well rewarded for her advice before the Goddess kissed her. And then Sune did something decidedly uncharacteristic of herself, and started crying softly. "It would have been enough to know that it could be done." She managed around the anachronistic smile on her face. "But I can not thank you enough. If there is anything I can do for you in the future-" Sune paused, wiping the tears from her cheeks. As these other two would know, a divine favour was not something offered easily. "-I will answer if you call." She said finally, still feeling the mother Goddess's power flowing through her.

In the mean time, she stood up and banished the seat she had. Taking a deep breath to stop the flow of tears, she smiled at them both. "Please, feel free to stay and enjoy, though I'd advise not feeding any of this to mortals. The wine would do nothing, but I did use some ingredients from my personal realm in the food. If you have no more questions however, I will take my leave." She offered, outfit once again flowing to her favourite gown. Sune allowed her aura to seep out and lay warmth on the other Gods. The kind that would sink into their hearts. And perhaps, ever so slightly, ease the pain of their losses. Make it easier to remember the love their had been before. If they allowed it to.
OC-OC

117 Posts
11 Threads
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Nyte

Seth was more mercurial than he liked to admit. A god of death, he had spent the first millennia of his existence static, changes coming to him slowly. Since he and Adhira had returned to power, domains that had never before been his had been added to his portfolio; oceans, the sun… Volatile domains he had never paid much mind to were now his, now affected him. His followers attributed things to him and in turn shifted who he was as much as his absorption of new power. Seeing his mate gain even a little bit of peace from the other god(ess)’s words earned Sune a genuine smile.

He did so love to see his Beloved happy.

“You think if we create rather than destroy, they would grow peacefully?” He wasn’t entire certain of the concept, but then, it was something they’d never tried… It was possible it might work. It could also lead to another war of gods, but perhaps not. Perhaps they could escape their dark past, the familicide, the anger and rage and hate. The death of gods, of those they loved. It was difficult, but Seth could muster up some semblance of hope.

Sune was absolutely correct that there was no lack of love between Seth and his mate; they returned to each other over and over again because of that love. It was, or so the death god thought, an eternal thing; they would never simply part ways, and they would never entirely cross the other. He certainly strove to never cross Adhira to the point where there could be no forgiveness.

And then his mate did something that either of them rarely did, and bestowed a boon upon the love god(ess). Seth nodded his agreement with the sentiment, though, and as they all stood to part ways, he slid a solid black ‘card’ across the table. It was inky looking, but it was smooth and soft to the touch. It resembled a business card, but it had no writing on it, no indication what it was, “Should you need to contact me.” He nodded to it; it was a thing of godly magic, and he had little doubt that Sune wouldn’t understand how to use it.

He took a taste of the ambrosia as Sune collected herself, smiling and appreciating the taste; it had been a very, very long time since he’d had anything like this. Then the aura of the other god(ess) seeped into him and closed his eyes, allowing the touch of warmth.

Oh, that.

That.

Touching the table where the food and wine sat, he used his power to ‘clean’ the room, removing the ambrosia (back to his temple, in one of his personal bowls, and he wouldn’t forget the kindness of the love god(ess) anytime soon) and returned the room to a pristine condition, chairs, tables, floors all as they would have been after a thorough scrubbing. Then, he offered his wife his arm with a flourish, “Would you like to walk with me, my love?”