Thread Contributor: SethAnd I'm Here
OC-OC

130 Posts
12 Threads
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Nyte

All Accounts Posts: 1,498
It was late in the year in Hub, but Winter was still yet to come; the weather remained milder than might be expected, even by the natives, a blessing if one believed in such things.

The youth made his way up the temple steps, clutching a note in his fingers. He paused only to greet those who came to stop him before hurrying on to the temple proper. He was little more than boy, but he moved with purpose and determination; he had a mission. ‘Bring this to my lady, stop for no one, and deliver this only to her.’ The directions had been clear, if kind, and when he finally made it into the temple where the goddess known as Adhira resided, he smiled triumphantly, happy only to serve the two gods. “Lady Goddess, I bear a message from my Lord Seth.” The boy fell to his knees before the goddess, offering her the note.

Beloved,

Meet me in the gardens between our temples?

Yours

It wasn’t signed, but it hardly needed to be; the handwriting was signature enough, the wording a simple request, made with respect, Seth expected that she would join him, if only to appease her curiosity.

Outside, Seth stood amidst a shower of what might first appear to be snow, but upon closer inspection was cherry blossoms, head tilted back to watch the sky even as the flowers blanketed the grass of the garden that separated their temples. It was not quite no-man’s-ground, instead belonging to both temples, both gods, while giving neither more dominion than the other. If she wished, she could stop the flower rain, but when he sensed her approach, he turned toward her with a smile, “I was beginning to think my messenger became lost.”
OC-OC

51 Posts
2 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

All Accounts Posts: 1,735
A note.

The paper wrinkled between her fingers, a small private smile creasing her mouth; he enjoyed these small gestures to show his affection. Gold adornments chimed as she stood; Adhira did not design to walk instead she became the wind, summoning a storm streaking between clouds she danced for her mate, teasing, taunting, tempting him to catch her.

Her laughter answered his greeting, joyous maelstrom sending blossoms flying around him, incorporeal fingers brushed over his cheek before she vanished back into the sky, skittering between flash points.
OC-OC

130 Posts
12 Threads
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Nyte

Grand gestures were easy. They were sweeping and all-encompassing and visible to all. Grand gestures were lovely, but they weren’t just for the one you made them for, they were for everyone else, too. Small, simple things like writing a note and having it brought to the person you loved, asking them to meet, that was private, it was honest. There was no reason to do it unless it spoke of the truth. Easy for a king of gods to tell the world he loved his son, harder for that same said king to show the same son that it was true.

The reason for the gardens was as simple as the reason for the note; they were neutral. She would not have to think he was deferring to her, and he would have no reason to think she was deferring to him. They could just… Be together.

He truly hated the politics they had built up over the millennia.

When the wind blew up the storm, Seth’s head tilted further up, his eyes following the clouds. “Oh, are we playing this game again?” He was no longer the beggar god he had once been; he ruled over entire universes with her. She could be the thunder, the lightning, the wind, but he was the storm, the clouds, and the sky. Each was less without the other, but both were whole. Laughing, the figure of the man clad in gray and black blew away, the storm roiling above the temples as he joined her in her revelry even as it remained harmless to those below.

He might be a god of death, but he was still a benevolent god. Most of the time.
OC-OC

51 Posts
2 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

The truth was that for the pain that had come before, and after those decades on a small island in the middle of nowhere, closer to mortal than she’d been before or since where the happiest of their time together.

She had touched mortality and Adhira would never fall so far again, yet with him she fought the constant desire to pull them both back down, to relive those years when it was just the two of them, not against the universe, simply living as man and wife.

When she had a chance of giving him a child that he could love with out fear.

Adhira danced through the clouds, part of yet apart from her mate teasing him; her figure materialized in the garden, basking in a patch of sun leaving him with out consummating the final climax of their dance.

A smirk danced around her lips as she curled up, tail wrapped around the large sun warmed rock, eyes peacefully shut.
OC-OC

130 Posts
12 Threads
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Nyte

It was hard to imagine being happy after having lost so much, but Adhira wasn’t wrong; they’d been happy together, living as man and wife, not quite human, but not entirely gods, either. He had learned to narrow his vision, to live quietly.

That was no longer an option for them, and yet, both remembered that life fondly.

She had given him a child that he had loved without fear once. A child that Seth had accepted wholeheartedly, without condition or hesitation. But that had been long ago, and he had paid for that love with grief.

When she leapt and bound away, he gave chase, neither predator, neither prey, simply two lovers dancing. She left too early, though, and the response to her sudden departure was a lightning-less crash of thunder, the complaint of a storm before he reappeared in the garden, long-limbed and sleek, creeping over to where the goddess sunned herself.

The Sha moved without sound, paws dropping silently over the ground, but she had nothing to worry about; he moved to the rock where she warmed herself, curling around her. There were few things as warm as a desert, and a creature and god of such a thing would be equally warm. He had no need for words, not just now as he curled up with her, the only sound he made was a gentle sigh of contentment.
OC-OC

51 Posts
2 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

Snakes did not purr, but there came from her a low rasping sound of amused pleasure; her mate was truly the first who respected her as equal, that rarely forced her into any action. They had fought, titanically even over the eons yet there would always be these moments. Quiet interludes where they could be simply a pair of lovers in a sunlit patch.

“Was there a reason for your message?” She wondered aloud several long minutes later. “Or simply bored of playing with the green girls?” She quipped.
OC-OC

130 Posts
12 Threads
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Nyte

The sound that she made earned a gurgle of amusement from him. He saw her as an equal, as his mate, as his love, as one of the few who would ever dare to command him. They fought, and often did so violently and fiercely, but where they might grow angry with each other from time to time, but in the end, they loved each other far more than they would ever be angry with each other.

At the sound of her voice, his eyes opened. A reason? He sat up, shedding the body of the Sha to take the form of a man once more; “I missed you.” He had missed this, them. Her. “They are…” He shrugged, “Toys.”
OC-OC

51 Posts
2 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

The tip of her tail curled over his arm, shifting with him Adhira sighed, it was easier sometimes to connect without the baggage of their human forms.

“You are always welcome.” Jade eyes watched him through her lashes; “Sometimes…” Adhira dipped her toes into a puddle left behind by their antics; “I miss when we were not…” everything.

“When we did not have to dance these formal games of respect.” Her lips quirked up, “When I was a thief, and you were in love.”
OC-OC

130 Posts
12 Threads
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Nyte

Seth had always liked his human form; it allowed him easier communication. Easier for others, at least. Adhira had never truly enjoyed his mind brushing against hers, they both knew it, and he tried to respect her desire to have her mind untouched.

Which meant human form if they wished to speak.

Unless she wanted to speak with the Sha headed god of death and decay… Somehow, he doubted that.

He sighed at her words, “As are you, and yet…” He shrugged, “I do not enjoy the politics we seem to have found ourselves engaged in, my dear.” Even less than she did, he suspected. Her words to describe the man he had once been caused him to quietly arch a brow, “I am no less in love today than I was then.”
OC-OC

51 Posts
2 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

She minded his aspects of the Sha as much as he cared for her Naga form. In other words beyond the concotation HE placed on its use, to her it was simply him.

“Too much has passed. Sometimes I wonder why We keep returning to each other.” Her lips quirked up again, “And than I am away from you for long enough that I would rather be with you than without.” There had been wars fought between them, harsh words spoken, Beloveds of both scarified on the altars of battles.

The eons were long, and they both had very firm ideas of right and wrong.

“Oh?” Her grin deepened “You mean when you held a gun to my poor mortal head?” Well mostly mortal. Adhira gleefully tweaked his nose with her words, swishing her skirts between them playfully.
OC-OC

130 Posts
12 Threads
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Nyte

How long had it been since he’d had any sort of reassurance that the Sha didn’t bother her? It bothered many people, most, even other gods, it always had. Humanity had hunted the animals into extinction for their dislike of the predator desert dwellers. His brother had attempted to murder him. His nephew… It was easy to set aside the positive reactions and remember the bad.

“We keep returning to each other because we love each other.” The statement was simple, but it ran deep; she had left and returned more times than he could count, and he had done the same. They had fought and battled, sent their priests and priestesses to seek peace, their warriors to assassinate each other… And yet, when all was said and done, they came back to each other’s embrace.

Meeting her question with a snort of dismissal, Seth waved a hand, “It was not loaded. You were never in any real danger.”
OC-OC

51 Posts
2 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

Adhira rolled her eyes “danger is a real as you believe. And I believe that I was going to die that day if not at your hand than my own.” Even if the gun HAD been loaded she would not have died even so forgetfully deminished.

“Yes.” They loved each other. But- “Is that all? Only because we are the two that survive beyond the others?” She wondered quietly; there had been great loves for both of them, yet none that time had not eventually taken.
OC-OC

130 Posts
12 Threads
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Nyte

“Did you truly question my feelings? Think that I would truly see you dead?” Even as close to mortal as they’d been, he had never wanted her pain or death. The closest he had ever been to mortal had been at her side on their island those long years. And while he had strained against the lack of power, he had divested himself of the excess freely, and he had never regretted it.

Spreading his hands, Seth shook his head, “All? It could be fate. It could be something written in the stars. We are not omnipotent, Beloved, as close to it as we might be. I know that my love for you does not feel like ‘only’. I know that when I thought my days were few and the horizon grew closer, that it was with you I wanted to be.”
OC-OC

51 Posts
2 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

Fate. She chuckled not unkindly; Fate for her had been written by now long dead gods, she had been made to fulfill a prophetic tale, created to be a bride and mother only and she had ended up ruling galaxies across countless dimensions.

Fate was a lie they told their followers to help them come to terms with how their small lives would unfold. Fate was what you created with your own hands, fate had long ago been ripped from her.

And she gloried in its fall.

But he had a point. “Yes.” Her hand reached for his. One way or another the final embrace for either of them would be the other. That she knew because she would allow no other outcome.

“So-“ switching subjects as she often did with mercurial timing, “Have you found anything interesting?” She swung their hands back and forth a self amused smile perpetually tugging at her mouth. “Because i hear that there is a Goddess of Love in residence.”
OC-OC

130 Posts
12 Threads
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Nyte

She had been made to fulfill a prophecy. He had been birthed and doomed by his fellow gods, by their greed. He had held the balance between life and death, between fertile oasis and lethal desert, had risen to power of his own and been nearly buried by the hatred and fear of his family.

Fate was a cold bitch, one they both had despised. But unlike his mate, Seth was not entirely certain that she was dead and gone, either. Point A to Point B, but fate rarely said how you would get there…

He would die in her arms, and she in his, and that was all they needed to know. They belonged together in the end.

Interesting? He was nearly asking what she might mean when she mentioned the other goddess and Seth chuckled. “Already gearing up for war, are you, my love?”
OC-OC

51 Posts
2 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

“And if I am?” Her eyes glowed a gleeful poisonous emerald, the flames of Chaos and War she’d been reborn in eons before awakening. “A pretty new world with so many godlings.” Her tongue flicked out between pointed fangs.

“Or-“ she smirked flipping again, “We could see what she thinks of our destiny.”
OC-OC

130 Posts
12 Threads
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Nyte

Reaching out, Seth brushed her cheek with the backs of his fingers gently. Whoever would have thought that a death god would be the seeker of peace over a goddess of motherhood and health? “I remember a time when you chastised me for being too quick to see other gods as threats.”

He smiled at the shift, “We could. If she’s a love goddess, it’s possible she could have an opinion worth hearing.”
OC-OC

51 Posts
2 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

Motherhood, health...she’d been born to that role but she had been chaos and war for twice as long; losing their first born had solidified Seth’s distrust, and had made her quicker to rage.

The poison faded from her eyes. Adhira held his hand to her cheek, a softer smile pressed against his palm. Between one breath and the next they appeared outside of the Wandering Moon Inn.
D&D/None/All-All

111 Posts
9 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Moon

All Accounts Posts: 870
Sune had known that this meeting was coming- any deity with any mite of foresight could have known about it- but the gathering of power was one of the largest she had seen in a while. (Which is to say, one of the only ones she had been part of recently that wasn't meeting the pretend God Gabriel- or her almost sibling Death. And she had no idea when the next gathering of love gods would be- though she really ought to.)

But she may have batted her eyelashes at Arjay to allow her the kitchen a little time. Considering she was more than willing to do so without anything other than an apron- Well it wasn't a particularly hard sell, he just changed up the menu a little for an hour or so when he would only have access to certain parts of the kitchen.

And she had made the closest approximation to ambrosia as she could- because she didn't exactly have the resources she wanted, and she wasn't the most skilled baker. But it was pretty, and she was confident it would taste good, even if it wasn't quite right.

She brushed the flour off as her apron melted into a gown and she licked her lips in preparation, and then popped into the area in front of the wandering moon and smiled. Sune smiled at them. "Oh I was so excited that you two were going to come- I've made some food, please come in." She said, turning with a flip off her red hair and walked through the walls into the room she had set up with a nice table.
OC-OC

130 Posts
12 Threads
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Nyte

It would always be like this; Seth saw Adhira as who she was, but he also saw her for who she had been, back before they had entered in the ages old war amongst the various gods. Before they had grown involved, before they had stepped forward and become who they were now.

Seth hadn’t meant to change Adhira’s mood, but he would admit, at least to himself if not to anyone else, that he was glad to see her expression soften. Once, she had been the quieter one, the gentler one. Now… Chaos had changed her, hardened her. He loved her still, loved who she was now, but he had loved her before, too, and sometimes… Sometimes he missed the goddess she had once been.

Such a gathering of power, indeed. True power was something that Seth and Adhira had had for millennia, in universes scattered across the void, some connected directly to this Hub, and others not. Meeting here, where their power was no less than what they had conquering worlds, and yet, there was no threat. A storm and death god appeared with a goddess of life and chaos, and there was peace.

He smiled as they appeared outside of the tavern, hazel eyes focusing on the love goddess. “Oh, well, if there’s food…” the god who had been known as Seth for over a millennia, and had once been known as Nergal and Hades offered his arm to his mate before entering the tavern, tipping his head toward Adhira, “She’s lovely. I’ve forgotten what it can be like to have others about.”