DC-TV-1

378 Posts
9 Threads
Job: Bodygaurd
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

All Accounts Posts: 1,579
That was...not good. Just very not good in a lot of ways and highlighted something that he’d been avoiding.

For no few reasons.

Problem was that he couldn’t talk about it now because Chris had been very very careful not to...well make the kind of mistakes he apparently made regularly.

Safi had managed to pull on a worn pair of jeans and soft t-shirt stirring the chill before placing it back to defrost more. “No rush.” He said gruffly. “Got like ten before soup is done.”

Safi scrubbed the back of his head took a deep breath and put on his big boy pants: “Sorry. Again. I-“ he held up his hands. “No excuse.”
DC-DCTVU-1

463 Posts
21 Threads
Job: PA/Magician
Ship Status: Single with Complications
Sexual Orientation: Pan-Romantic
Nyte

All Accounts Posts: 1,392
Standing in front of his closet, the portal to Hub not showing at the moment in order to allow him to pick out clothes, Christian agonized over what to put on. After what felt like an hour and was really only a minute or so, he decided on soft lavender sweatpants and a well worn carnation pink tee shirt; it was a combination that Safi would have seen in the past, in the semi-rare occasion where Christian intended to stay in and comfortable but not work on his toys, most of which had taken up residence in Hub as of late. It was about as normal as Christian could manage, and after the shower fiasco, normal was probably the best bet here. His hair was towel-dried, leaving it fluffy if a bit unkempt looking.

Chris hadn’t ever said anything about Safi’s casual intimacy; frankly, he didn’t mind it (for the most part) and if he were being very, very honest with himself, he’d have to admit that he enjoyed it. Even if it hurt just as often as it didn’t, it was nice, to feel like someone cared about you, that you meant something to someone, especially when that person was one of the more important people in your life…

It was the tone that earned the deer-in-headlights long, slow blink rather than the words. Safi sounded… Angry? And Christian wondered if he maybe shouldn’t have said anything in the shower. He could have maybe just gotten out of the shower, pretended he was finished… He hadn’t meant to chase Safi out of the shower… Averting his eyes toward the ground, he murmured, “Sorry…”

Safi’s apology earned another blink, and then Christian was shaking his head rapidly, “It’s okay; we’re just both tired, Safi.” And the fact that he flushed a bit even as he said it, well, they’d been naked. In the shower. Together. And he needed to stop thinking about it! Just… Yeah. Stop thinking about it. He just needed to figure something else to think about…
DC-TV-1

378 Posts
9 Threads
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

He was angry at himself, frustrated that he kept pushing the boundaries of what was safe, sane, and smart.

“Yeah.” Safi sighed rolling his shoulders. “How’s your Magic reserves?”
DC-DCTVU-1

463 Posts
21 Threads
Nyte

Chris sat down at the table, looking down at it as he absorbed the fact that Safi was angry. He frowned at the question, shrugging a little, “It’ll come back.” It would, eventually, return on its own, “I know how to regenerate it.” It just… The primary way he knew (that was actually an option at the moment) wasn’t very enjoyable, but if they were going to go after Belle… “If we’re going to leave to get Belle, I can get it back quickly.”
DC-TV-1

378 Posts
9 Threads
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

“You can take mine.” Safi sighed rubbing a hand over his scruff. “That and a good night should get you pretty topped off.” Fishing the cornbread out Safi hissed under his breath as the hot foil burned his fingertips. “Food, YouTube, a quick magic suck and-“ he rubbed his eyebrow “should be good right?”
DC-DCTVU-1

463 Posts
21 Threads
Nyte

He wasn’t going to steal Safi’s energy. That was dangerous, and Chris wasn’t about to put Safi at risk. Simply was not going to happen. A good night. Chris blinked and flushed at Safi’s words; he knew what the man meant, but he couldn’t help the imagery that the wording brought to mind. It was supremely unhelpful. “I’m not taking your energy, Safi. It’s dangerous.” He sighed, “Rest will help.” And if it came to it, there were ways of regaining energy if you needed it; he’d learned that much from Miss Zatanna.

Magic suck.

Christian couldn’t stop the quiet choking sound that managed to fight its way out of him, and he stood, moving to the cabinet to pull out a decanter, “I’m having a scotch. You want some?” Between the fact that Belle hadn’t come back with them, that he was exhausted, the whole thing with the shower before, and now this entire conversation, yes, he could use some alcohol…
DC-TV-1

378 Posts
9 Threads
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

It wasn’t stealing when he fucking offered, was it!

He meant a good nights sleep! He was tired damn it! And Chris knew his English deteriorated when he was relaxed..or exhausted.

“It’s fine. I offer. I get better, you get better.” He leaned back “yeah sure.” Safi moved to the microwave spooning defrosted chili into bowls.
DC-DCTVU-1

463 Posts
21 Threads
Nyte

Right, true; if it was given freely, it wasn’t stealing. It was just taking someone’s life force. And while he understood why Safi wanted him to be back to able to cast again, food and rest (and pain if it came to that) would get him there just the same, without risking Safi in the process…

He knew that Safi was tired, knew what the man had meant, but that didn’t mean that Christian’s mind wasn’t going to take it and run with it. He poured a measure of the amber liquid into two glasses, setting one in front of one chair, and the other in front of his own before placing the decanter midway between them. “Food first, okay?” He didn’t want to argue, he just wanted to be able to relax.
DC-TV-1

378 Posts
9 Threads
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

Right. Safi nodded once setting down the bowls between them, tossing the butter and honey down with the bread.

“Wanna talk or just..” he gestured at the tv.
DC-DCTVU-1

463 Posts
21 Threads
Nyte

Chris shifted, reaching for the cornbread to spread butter and honey on, mixing the chili gently to make sure the warmth was spread evenly throughout before he dug in with more gusto than he usually had. Casting as much as he had today, using as much energy and focus as he had, had left him starving. He had not once considered it, not even when Queth had pulled food out of her...self… and had given it to the refugees. At the time, he’d been so focused on rescuing Belle that hunger hadn’t actually hit him. But now? With a nice big bowl of homemade chili in front of him? Yes, Chris was hungry.

The question had him looking up at Safi, then blinking, “We could watch tv on the couch?” It would be softer and more comfortable, at least. And they wouldn’t have to sit across from each other and stare at each other while they ate…

And if there was just a teeny tiny bit of hope that maybe, possibly, he could sit closer to Safi? Well, he would never admit it out loud.
DC-TV-1

378 Posts
9 Threads
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

Safi took that as a ‘yes. I just want to pretend this day didn’t happen.’ Nodding he scooped up the dishes setting them down on the coffee table, turning on YouTube on the big screen. “America cake is up.” He commented clicking where they had left off.

Safi and Chris didn’t spend as many nights just watching tv as they used to before the portal to hub had been found. And even less since they’d started spending their free time over there (for various reasons) but for both of them this was their go to ‘I need to relax and have no pressure’ place.
DC-DCTVU-1

463 Posts
21 Threads
Nyte

Christian snagged an extra piece of cornbread from the tin even as Safi moved things, nibbling at it as he stood and shuffled his way to the couch; he was tired, but he was evening out, at least; food and a goal giving him a necessary boost for the moment. What he needed was a good night’s sleep and a fully tummy. He was working on the second, and soon but later he’d be working on the first, too. After an episode or two of their favorite Youtube channel.

The smaller man didn’t even hesitate, plucking the blanket off the back of the couch and settling into his favorite spot, still sleepy but more awake than he’d been in the shower. “Sounds good.” Safi was absolutely correct; right now, Chris wanted to pretend that everything was normal, no missing persons, no missions to other worlds that were ending, no terrifying sorcerer to wonder or worry about, just Youtube and dinner, for all the world like they were going to get up and go to work at LexCorp tomorrow.

Cake Slayer was one of those things that they had agreed on pretty enthusiastically. Chris liked the guy and had a list of recipes from the channel. He didn’t bake as often as he used to, what with Hub now, but he did have the idea of making a cake for their friends there, just something to let them know they were appreciated. “This isn’t one of the fondant ones, is it?” It wasn’t, not really; instead it was toasted marshmallow buttercream and that… That was a winner.
DC-TV-1

378 Posts
9 Threads
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

Safi wasn’t going to say this was his absolute favorite show, but he enjoyed watching it enough to have found it and shared it with Chris.

And watching Chris enjoy it...yeah that made him happy.

“I don’t know. I don’t Cake cheat on you.” He joked smiling over at the other man. It was new to him too. Slowly Safi let himself relax into the couch. If Chris was willing to let things go for the night then he should as well.

Long slow breaths between bites of warm food helped to tell his instincts he was home. He was safe.

Tonight he knew wasn’t going to be a good one, all the horrors they’d seen today had woken old memories and in the dark they would come out to play.
DC-DCTVU-1

463 Posts
21 Threads
Nyte

It didn’t have to be Safi’s favorite show. Heck, it wasn’t Christian’s all-time favorite show, either, but it was his favorite show to watch with Safi. And if he maybe had a tiny celebrity crush on the Cake Slayer himself, well, that was between him and the television. Because that man could bake. And Chris maybe was able to relate to the guy a bit…

Cake cheat. Christian snorted a laugh, shaking his head, “Never thought you would, but sometimes it says in the little snippets under the videos.” Christian slumped backwards into the couch next to Safi, eyes on the television, and for a while, he seemed sucked into the video they were watching. It wasn’t until about halfway through that he asked without looking over at Safi, “So, why did she slap you earlier?” Chris had been pretty out of it, but he was pretty much always hyper-aware of where Safi was and what was happening with the other man. He’d seen Natasha (who looked creepily like Safi’s ex-wife) slap Safi. And he’d let it go for as long as he could without asking about it, but he couldn’t help it; as relaxed as he might be on the couch, as safe as he felt with Safi next to him, his curiosity wouldn’t let it rest, not entirely.
DC-TV-1

378 Posts
9 Threads
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

Honestly, Safi was half drifting, not asleep just...not 100% there either, Chris’s question brought him up with a Snort. “Your Sister makes friends fast.” Safi chuckled reaching forward for his glass leaning back and stealing half the throw. “She thought I was serious about the her being my bride thing.”
DC-DCTVU-1

463 Posts
21 Threads
Nyte

Christian grumbled when Safi pulled at the throw but let the other man take his half nonetheless, a small smile on his face as he gave over. He wasn’t asleep and wasn’t likely to fall asleep until the end of the episode, but the fact that he wasn’t moving, not even to bounce or fidget, meant that he was close enough to it. “She does. She’s a people person.” He laughed quietly at the ‘bride thing’, then frowned a bit as it occurred to him that he’d started that, bringing it up to try to make Safi laugh. Which had worked. “Sorry… You seemed angry.” He looked over at Safi, “I brought it up to make things better, not worse for you.”
DC-TV-1

378 Posts
9 Threads
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

“Eh. She has baggage from her Steve and I pay for the resemblance. It gets tiresome.” Very very very very tiresome.

“You brought it up?” Honestly, he didn’t remember the exact nature of the banter, he was more focused on keeping them alive any way he could than who said what. “Eh. Don’t stress. This is not a big deal.” He smiled finishing his drink Safi leaned back sighing, eyes drifting half closed, letting the playlist continue.

“I think maybe Hub is too dangerous for what it is.” He commented tiredly.
DC-DCTVU-1

463 Posts
21 Threads
Nyte

Chris frowned at the explanation but accepted it with a small nod. She was allowed her baggage, of course, but Safi shouldn’t have to pay for it. “That’s dumb. You’re not him.” He didn’t fool himself into thinking that Steve Rogers and Safi Wasem had anything more in common than that they looked very similar to each other and had been sick as kids (which he only knew because of how they’d all met, actually…). Safi was… Safi. And Steve was Steve. And while he had yet to suffer any real negative effects of looking like a Tony Stark, Chris understood how irritating it was to be compared to another man that was definitely not you.

Closing his eyes, Chris nodded, “Yeah. You were worried and upset. I thought it would make you laugh.” And it had, which earned a smile from the small man at the memory of the fact that he had, at least for a moment, been able to earn that bark of laughter from Safi.

Once the episode was over, Christian shifted, leaning slightly against Safi and melting against the man and the couch, “I like Hub. I just don’t like all the other places it leads to. But some of them are nice.” He liked being able to learn about magic, liked being able to help people with what he could do. He hadn’t stopped making new toys, but he had slowed down on creating them, no longer requiring new friends he made as he slowly made friends in Hub. “The people there are good. And there’s angels there…”
DC-TV-1

378 Posts
9 Threads
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

“And demons, and danger and-“ he sighed curling his arm over Chris’s shoulders, “and I don’t know how to protect you there.” He admitted quietly. “When you work for Lex Corp or even go to god damn Gotham at least I can mitigate most threats but there….” Safi’s Hand tightened on Chris’s shoulder, eyes shut tight as for an instant he lived through the day again. “I could lose you before I had a chance to fight.” He finished with a whisper.
DC-DCTVU-1

463 Posts
21 Threads
Nyte

“Well, yeah, but there are demons here, too.” Christian shuddered at the memory of walking into a demon in his home just a few months ago; that, along with Belle and Jim’s….activities...had been a big part of the reasons he had moved out of that apartment. (It would never have been the same after all of that!) When Safi moved to hold Chris, the man moved into the hold, happily accepting the comfort and closeness being offered. Safi wasn’t the only one remembering the events of the day as he spoke. Christian had been fairly safe in that dying world, protected by Safi, but the larger man had thrown himself into harm’s way, again and again, making decisions that endangered him, choosing wildly unsafe courses of action…

Chris had realized early on in their daring rescue mission that while he had no problem sacrificing himself, putting himself in danger to rescue his sister, he wasn’t willing to risk Safi. “You almost died,” the whisper was a raw, broken thing; spoken thickly around unshed tears. Safi had almost died, and Christian had realized that he wanted that even less than he wanted Belle to be held and hurt and killed, and it had been a difficult, difficult realization for the small man. “You can’t… I can’t, I won’t let that happen.” He had dumped too much energy into that shield; if Safi hadn’t broken it, given him that energy back, Chris wasn’t sure he would have been able to heal and energize Belle at the end, to keep her alive…

If nothing else, that rescue mission had cured Christian of wanting to explore other worlds…