DC-TV-1

358 Posts
8 Threads
Job: Bodygaurd
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

All Accounts Posts: 1,435
The portal snapped shut behind them, Safi’s Head snapped around counting heads automatically making sure-

Safi slowly counted redheads again, coming up a number short.

Fuck.

Safi took a deep breath slowly setting Chris down noticing that elf and cowboy were also missing. “I’m sorry.” Failure deepened his tone.
Marvel-MCU-2

81 Posts
6 Threads
Job: Spy/Hero/Daughter
Ship Status: Single
Sexual Orientation: Straight?
Nyte

All Accounts Posts: 1,268
Lori stepped through the portal, Looking around to find Tiny Adorable Tony, and when she found him she stepped over to him and the man who had been carrying him. Yeah, this is going to suck. “ So,” she said, not looking forward to how this would go, “Belle asked me to tell you that she’s Okay.” And that have been pretty much all the women had asked her to say, but Lori felt bad. “ I'm pretty sure she's going with the old cowboy and the cyborg elf...”
DC-TV-1

358 Posts
8 Threads
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

“Going where?” Safi asked harshly, Chris was in shock clearly. And he needed better answers than ‘going with the cowboy’ because as far as he knew that planet was dead.
Marvel-MCU-2

81 Posts
6 Threads
Job: Spy/Hero/Daughter
Ship Status: Single
Sexual Orientation: Straight?
Nyte

Of course Serious Steve was gonna ask the hard questions. The look Lori gave him was steady but saucy; “They were, far as I could tell, heading off to save the cyborg elf’s family. She said to tell her brother,” she nodded to the nearly sleeping man in Safi’s arms, “that she was okay.” The archer shrugged, “Is he okay?”
DC-TV-1

358 Posts
8 Threads
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

By inference the fact that Queth hadn’t mentioned having family here-there Safi held out hope that they hadn’t stayed behind to find them on a dead world.

“What do you think?” He snapped drawing Chris away from the pack. “Chris. Hey you with me buddy?”
DC-DCTVU-1

422 Posts
17 Threads
Job: PA/Magician
Ship Status: Single with Complications
Sexual Orientation: Pan-Romantic
Nyte

Belle wasn’t back with them.

Christian was fairly out of it, but he was with it enough that he heard what Lori and Safi were saying. His sister had stayed behind. it was too much after everything that they'd been through, for her to stay behind in a world that was doomed was just too much for Christian to handle.

And yet, he had to. Safi would worry if he didn't. He flinched when Safi called him buddy. If he hadn't already been very clear where he stood with the larger man, he certainly did now. “Yeah, I'm with you, Safi.” Christian's voice, normally so clear and bright, was dull and lackluster. he didn't even bother looking up at Safi when he spoke to him, instead focusing on the ground. Safi had been right; he should have just gone home when he’d had the chance. Sighing, Christian repeated to them, “Belle isn't coming home.” At least they would know that he understood.
DC-TV-1

358 Posts
8 Threads
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

“Right now.” Safi was sweaty, tired, and pretty emotionally spent.

And Chris was about a 1000% worse off.

“She’s with Queth. She brought her home before. She cares about Belle. And the cowboy knows his shit.” He seemed to from the few hours they’d interacted in a high stress environment.

And if he turned Queath was there for Belle.

“Do you want to go and try and find her? There’s people here we can ask for help.”
DC-DCTVU-1

422 Posts
17 Threads
Nyte

Christian had spent the vast majority of his magical energy in that world, trying to rescue his sister. “I’m always with you.” It was an honest answer, spoken plainly; he was too tired to babble or bother trying to mince the words or hide how entirely honest and painfully true they really were. Christian would always be wherever Safi was, plain and simple. Even if it hurt.

Yeah. The elf, to whom he still owed an apology, cared about Belle. But Belle was off on another quest again. “Right,” he murmured, “I know. I just…” he had just hoped to see her again, to make sure she was okay after that mess. To ask her where her sudden, odd magic had come from. “She did that, didn’t she? Called all of those people to help us…” The thing was, Chris had never sensed magic in her, not even after she had returned from her other quest…

Did he want to try to find her? “Do you think we even could?” He wasn’t sure, and even if they could…. “She’d be mad if we went to try to bring her home… We’d have to go to help them with their quest...”
DC-TV-1

358 Posts
8 Threads
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

That was…

“I don’t know.” Safi didn’t do Magic like Chris, he had no innate abilities, all he knew was what he’d been trained to deal with and necromancers…

He’d been trained to kill them.

“Maybe it was where we were. Things on that world were so badly fucked maybe it was looking for someone to give them a last chance to fight back.” Why Belle? That he couldn’t answer with certainty.

“Why would she be mad? She has to know you’re upset and worried about her.” Safi sighed shrugging out of his armor. “But right now she’s probably as safe as she can be. And I’m ready to go ask questions and knock on doors till we can find someone that can get us to her.”
DC-DCTVU-1

422 Posts
17 Threads
Nyte

So, yes, Christian knew that Safi had no magic of his own, but the man had worked with magicians in the past, which was how he’d known the shield spell he had taught Christian, but the fact that Safi had been trained to kill other magicians wasn’t one that Christian actually knew. He was talking about finding Belle, which yes, Chris really did want to find his sister, (and shake her and ask her why, why did she keep going away to put herself in danger?!) but he worried that Belle wouldn’t welcome his meddling. And he didn’t understand how Belle had summoned all of those people… “It had to be her, Safi,” Christian’s voice was quiet, but solid, “I could feel the energy being pulled through her. I just don’t understand how.”

Why might she be mad? Well… “How would you like your…” his shoulders slumped, but he held his tongue, “Me...coming after you when you were trying to go on an adventure?” the look Christian gave Safi was quietly knowing, after all, Safi had tried to get him to go back in that world too. “Yeah. I’m sure they’ll watch over her…”

Safi might be ready to hunt down someone to get them to her, but Christian was swaying on his feet, exhausted and drained, physically, magically, and emotionally. “Do you think we should?” He looked at the larger man, honestly seeking his advice, ready and willing to take whatever that Safi said and go with it.
DC-TV-1

358 Posts
8 Threads
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

“Doesn’t mean it was her.” He said quietly, trying to assuage the worry he THOUGHT Chris had. “Something there might just have latched on and used her. Seen it a few times.” Because he really didn’t want that sweet woman turn.

“If I wasn’t worried as hell I’d always take you at my side.” Chris was damn near swaying on his feet. “Not now.” He said finally. “Let’s get home. Rest. I’ll start asking around. I have a few ideas of who we can ask once we are back up to 100%.”
DC-DCTVU-1

422 Posts
17 Threads
Nyte

Safi’s words pulled several emotions from the exhausted magician; in part, he was relieved that Belle might not have been the one to cast that spell because necromancy felt like a darker sort of magic than he would like to think his sister capable of, worry, because if someone or something had used her as a vessel for a spell like that, who knew what else it might have done to her, and fear because what if it followed them to wherever they were going? Chris adored Belle, he didn’t want anything even remotely bad happening to her. She’d been through enough.

Worried as hell? “I’m worried, too… What if whatever did cast that spell isn’t done with her??” The words were pitched just slightly higher with fear and concern; “I wouldn’t let you leave me behind, Safi, not for this.” There was determination there, strong as steel. Home. Home sounded good. Nodding, Chris agreed with the other man quietly; “Okay… Yeah.” He could get behind that idea; he wouldn’t be useful as tired as he was right now, anyway…
DC-TV-1

358 Posts
8 Threads
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

He’d meant-

It didn’t matter Chris was too exhausted and upset to process and that was ok. “I can do some footwork while you rest.” He muttered nodding to Bucky and Natasha, he had the feeling he’d be talking to them both soon. But right now Chris was his priority.

Getting home was fairly quick, home to Central. Home to their own beds and shower. “Let’s get you undressed.” He muttered moving Chris towards the shower “I’ll warm up something. Eat. We’ll watch the Cake Slayer and rest till you can sleep.”
DC-DCTVU-1

422 Posts
17 Threads
Nyte

Nope, Chris was definitely in no place to realize just what Safi meant when he said he was worried. His focus was on Belle, on worrying about her and figuring out what, if anything, he could or should do to find her, to help her, to bring her home. Chris might be Safi’s priority, but Belle was Christian's priority.

And yet, when Safi mentioned going home, Christian couldn’t help but to slump a bit and give a soft sigh (that almost sounded like a sound of longing) at the imagery it brought up.

When Safi ever spoke of ‘home’, Chris always thought of the apartment (Safi’s apartment) in Central City. Hub was great, and he liked it there, but it, and Tony’s mansion, just weren’t home. Not to Christian.

Once they were in the apartment, Chris moved to undress automatically, heading toward his room with his eyes half closed, “Mmmhmm.” Cake Slayer was great: that man knew how to make a cake. Chris grumbled whenever the guy used fondant (of course), but he approved of the buttercream, immediately ‘forgiving’ him. “What’s to eat?” There was always food to warm up in the fridge; Chris made sure to keep them well stocked when it came to ready-to-eat food.
DC-TV-1

358 Posts
8 Threads
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

A weird (ok not really he knew the reason for it) surge of disappointment hit him when Chris wandered away to undress in private. “Pretty sure there’s soup.” What kind was under debate but there almost always something in the freezer that counted as ‘soupy’.

Chris and Belle both seemed to believe highly in having ‘comfort’ food on hand for bad days. And today seemed like a good opportunity to break out the-

...cornbread and chili apparently.

Safi just shrugged tossing the foil wrapped package into the oven and the Tupperware into the microwave.

He needed a goddamn shower.

Stripping he clearly was more than a little exhausted and still half in ‘mission’ mode when he stepped in behind Chris.
DC-DCTVU-1

422 Posts
17 Threads
Nyte

Of course Chris moved to undress in his room; even on autopilot, the man understood his place, here, between them, and in general. It was Safi who walked around shirtless, who put up workout videos of himself on Facebook. Of course, Christian had never commented to Safi about either of those things, both because he did not want Safi to stop walking around shirtless, and because he didn't want to make things weird between them. but Christian for his part didn't do them.

He knew the apartment well enough to walk around with his eyes closed, in fact, he often did in the morning and in the middle of the night, getting up to use the restroom or make himself a midnight snack or drink of water. Today was no different, Christian mostly undressed in his room before crossing over to the bathroom to climb into the shower and under the water once it was warm. He stood under the stream of water, letting it soothe tired and achy muscles before he moved on to the actual cleaning bit.

He didn’t register the opening of the bathroom door right away; he was leaning under the shower, hand resting lightly on the wall under the shower, head ducked down to let the water flow down his neck. The shower had been a superb idea, thank you, Safi.

And… Speaking of, Safi was now in the shower too, and… Chris yelped when he realized that he was no longer alone in the shower, giving a violent start as he turned to see who it was behind him, “S- Safi?” He hadn’t stuttered with Safi in a long while, but this definitely earned it from the smaller man.
DC-TV-1

358 Posts
8 Threads
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

Cleaning up with the rest of his men after a mission wasn’t anything new, autopilot had taken him into the shower, the little warning bells that should have gone off silenced in the habits of decades.

“Hum?” He grunted eyes more shut than seeing Safi quickly soaped up nudging Chris over for access to the shower head.
DC-DCTVU-1

422 Posts
17 Threads
Nyte

Christian was tired, but he wasn't likely to ever be so tired he wouldn't notice someone (Safi, this was SAFI) in the shower with him. The blush that crept all too often over him in Safi’s presence swept over him now, from the tips of his ears and rapidly working down until he could swear he felt it in his toes.

Of course Safi didn't think anything of it…. But Christian did. He blinked, very, very careful to keep his eyes away from the other man, and inched toward the exit. He wouldn't deny Safi the shower; he'd almost died because of Chris! So when Safi nudged him, the very red, very flustered man murmured, “I’ll…. um…” he let out a huff of breath, “Just go next.” It could be worse; he was calm, just…. surprised wasn't a strong enough word. The sudden appearance of the other man in the shower certainly had him more awake. And stumbling over words.
DC-TV-1

358 Posts
8 Threads
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

“Don’t-“ Safi blinked ‘waking up’ to the awkward moment. “Ah right.” He shook himself resting a hand on Chris. “Sorry, autopilot.” And now that he was awake, more of him was starting to ‘wake up’ to the sudden proximity to a man he-

Damn it. Any other guy and he would move forward, press himself against him and reaffirm the fact that they were both alive.

Problem; Chris was in love with him and Safi did his damndest (and failed) to not hurt him.

“You stay.” He ducked his head under the spray to get the shampoo out, stepping out from the shower.
DC-DCTVU-1

422 Posts
17 Threads
Nyte

Was it awkward? Yes, it was. Safi was aware of his feelings, as much as they played nothing was different, both knew it wasn't true. Chris didn't, couldn't, resent that the other man didn't feel the same way. That did not mean it was easier. “Sorry.” He croaked out the word as he finally found a safe place to look - his feet. And nope. That…. was not safe. At all. Which left one place for Christian to look: up.

Auto-pilot…. Christian did not want to think about that too carefully. He needed to focus on something else.. anything else. Not that that had just happened.

Once Safi left the room, there was a soft thunk as Chris let his head fall (gently) against the wall, eyes closed. He didn't stay under the water for long before grabbing his towel and securing it around his waist before scurrying to his room, calling out as he went, “All yours!” It wasn't routine for him, but non-morning showers weren't routine at all…