Marvel-MCU-3

174 Posts
8 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Katie

All Accounts Posts: 901
After her...discussion... with Safi, Natasha went back to where Bucky had been standing, watching the scene she'd been making.

"So, ready to get out of here?" she asked, in a tone that suggested that she wanted to be as far away from this place and these people as possible. "I need some real clothes and then I think that I've got a castle to find, or something like that."
Marvel-MCU

101 Posts
6 Threads
Job: Superhero?
Ship Status: Soviet Spouses
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual
Moon

All Accounts Posts: 646
Bucky, without complaint, moved to pick Nat up again. Though this time, instead of offering his back, he placed one arm behind her back before hooking her legs with the other one. A princess carry in other words. His hearing wasn't perfect- but it was easy to understand the vague concept of what had been happening. Something had occurred between Safi and Nat- which, of course, was none of Bucky's business- and was none too pleased by the fact that Safi was maybe in a relationship with Chris's sister. Understandably, Safi was less than pleased about that assumption- Bucky had gotten the feeling that Safi was more hoping for a relationship with Chris.

Say what you want about Bucky- and say what you will about Safi not being Steve- but he wasn't that much harder to read. Not when you had spent so much time with one of his alternates- as Bucky had.

But- as he had already come to- none of his business.

Bucky gave Nat an easy grin. "What if I wanted to see you in my clothes a little while longer? Though I suppose it's fair of you to want shoes."
Marvel-MCU-3

174 Posts
8 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Katie

Natasha laughed a little as Bucky picked her up, she didn't need to be carried, but she also wasn't going to complain that he was doing so. Natalia, who was still feeling more than a bit shaky because of the whole 'almost dying' thing, was happy for the physical contact.

The joke about wanting to see her in his clothes reminded her that this wasn't James-he'd always griped at her when she'd borrowed one of his shirts to sleep in. The griping had been good humored, but he really hadn't liked it, and she'd tried not to do it. Bucky, on the other hand, liked it, and the fact that there was a difference between them was comforting. Made her feel like she was attracted to him because of him, and not because he was like her dead lover. "Just get me back to the Tower, Soldier." she replied, with a grin of her own "And if you're nice to me I'll keep the t-shirt."

After they'd been walking for a minute or so she added "Thanks for coming to rescue me. If you guys hadn't-well, y'know. So thanks. I owe you one. More than one, really."
Marvel-MCU

101 Posts
6 Threads
Moon

Bucky couldn't help the laugh that her reply inspired- and he was more than willing to let it out. "I feel like my response is supposed to be yes ma'am- but don't you need to go to that magic store to get your stuff doll?" He offered, even as he continued to trail the others back to where he had seen the golden orb containing her clothes and weapons.

Upon arrival, he set Nat down on the counter and gave a soft smile as he stepped to the side and let her get her things. "No need to thank me- Safi called so I came. Simple as that- Neither of us even knew that you were there." Bucky replied, leaning against the edge of the counter. Perhaps he didn't need to add that they hadn't known they were rescuing her- but he didn't want her getting the idea that Safi had gone out of his way to get Bucky to help. Since apparently there was some story there.

"Though I will admit to being a lot more motivated once I knew." He offered with a smile- distinctly avoiding the part where he had snapped someone's neck in an effort to get to her sooner.
Marvel-MCU-3

174 Posts
8 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Katie

"Are my clothes and stuff still there?" Natasha asked, and when Bucky replied in the affirmative she said "Yeah, then we should go there first, pick up my stuff and then we can walk to the Tower or wherever." Natasha said. All that she knew was that she didn't want to be alone right now, and Bucky seemed to feel the same way.

"Yeah, that sounds about right." Natasha said "I was surprised when you showed up, and yeah, I remember seeing Belle's brother at the store. Who is not Safi's fiancee, as I found out later. That was part of what our argument was about. Well, not really an argument. More mutual misunderstanding and a bunch of yelling. Which you saw." Natasha said, doing her best to gloss over the whole 'I fucked Safi" bit. For a variety of reasons.

"I'm glad I could provide some motivation at least." Natasha said, trying her best to keep the conversation light, and not focus on all the things that could have gone wrong. Focusing on the fact that she was alive and checking over her stuff, making sure that all of it was still there.
Marvel-MCU

101 Posts
6 Threads
Moon

Bucky gave her a wolfish grin. "So you're saying you wouldn't like me to carry you anymore once you've got shoes?" He offered, voice deep and husky- before winking at her with a small laugh. Not that it was a joke- Bucky would be quite happy to keep the redhead in his arms- but he knew better than to think that an assassin wanted to be caught flat footed in any situation.

Though he was also aware that she may not wish to be too close to him- based on his nature as an alternate of her dead lover. It was certainly strange enough for him, to be flirting with a doll who in his own world wouldn't give him the time of day, knowing that she was flirting with a guy who wasn't even alive in her own world. It wasn't going to stop Bucky- she was a beautiful dame, and had fire in her more than just the colour of her hair- but it was certainly strange.

"We should maybe stop to grab something to eat though. I don't know when you last ate- but I was preparing a meal when I got called. We could go back to my place if you wanted- I'm sure I've got plenty for us both." He added smoothly, picking up on the small edge in her voice. Bucky had spent more than enough nights wrapped in fear all alone to not recognize the signs of someone not eager to be by themselves.

"Do you mean Belle isn't- or Belle's brother isn't? Because I kind of guessed the former, but the latter is more in question." He replied without looking too much at the topic. Wasn't like he hadn't had his own share of adventures- and hadn't flirted with Safi himself. Bucky also knew from their first conversation that Nat was capable of being interested in a Steve and a Bucky at the same time, so it wasn't going to hinder his flirting with the redhead.

Unless there came a question of all three of them together, seeing as Safi was visibly uncomfortable with Bucky's attention- and Bucky wasn't going to try and put him in discomfort again. Seeing as he knew how to take a hint.

Focusing again on Nat he wrapped his arm lightly around her waist to give it a squeeze- in the hopes of comforting her. "Motivation, becoming my only goal on a mission. Whatever you want to call it. If I had known you were there, I would've gone even if no one had asked me to."
Marvel-MCU-3

174 Posts
8 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Katie

"I'm saying that I can think of better ways for you to wear yourself out." Natasha replied, returning the grin. Yes, it felt odd to be flirting with someone who looked so much like James, who was a might-have-been version of the man she'd loved, and she knew that it must be odd for him as well, since the version of her that he knew was apparently involved with Banner. But at the moment she found herself not caring about all of that.

What she cared about was that she was alive, and they'd gotten out without casualties-Belle and two others had gone somewhere else, but the'd done so out of choice- and James Buchanan Barnes was inviting her back to his place. Right now, that was good enough for her. "I'm not starving, but I could eat." Natasha replied with a nod. "Your place sounds good to me."

"Belle isn't." Natasha replied "Safi made a joke about her being his fiancee, but it was just a joke, apparently. I don't know about the brother, he was the wizard who looked like a young Tony Stark, right?" when Bucky nodded, she continued "I don't know what is up there, since Safi told me that he was doing some version of Tony Stark, and honestly I kinda don't care right now. Safi and I, well, we aren't friends, and I don't know if we ever will be. How did you meet him?" she asked, wondering why it was that Safi had called Bucky. Wondering if the two of them had hooked up, which was, in all honesty, not something she wanted to get mixed up with, if that was the case.

"Thanks." she said, blushing a little. It was disconcerting, to be that important to someone. To cover over it she picked up her pants, and felt something hard in the pocket. She pulled it out, and found a large black skeleton key. The key to, she somehow knew, her home. Her fortress, the place that she'd been given by the cards. The pull wasn't overwhelming, but she could feel the direction of the place, and the desire to go and claim it. "Huh." she said, setting the key on the counter while she pulled on her pants over the bike shorts and started getting on her shoes.
Marvel-MCU

101 Posts
6 Threads
Moon

Bucky's grin only grew at the reply- Nat sure knew how to push all the right buttons to get a man's engine going. "Oh I can come up with a few myself, but a gentleman doesn't assume." He offered, leaning ever so slightly closer to her with each word.

He retreated from her bubble smoothly as she acquiesced to his proposal- something he rewarded with an honest smile. "Swell. You can see exactly how good I've gotten at cooking- I feel like Steve thinks I'm going to poison him any time I offer." Bucky quipped, falling back on the ridiculousness that was his friendship for want of something else to make her smile.

Though she handed him a golden opportunity when the topic turned to Safi. Shrugging nonchalantly, he offer an easy answer. "Oh. He punched me." Came the explanation which only raised a million more questions- and he did grin and offer some more answers after a momentary pause for effect. "Which is to say, I was sun bathing near the portal to his world in my fatigues, and he assumed I was his 'Jimmy.' who Safi's wife cheated on him with. Then when he got the point that I wasn't jimmy we just sort of... Started talking?"

Snorting slightly he added a few more comments. "I may have made him uncomfortable by flirting, just because I could- and then I think we formed some sort of... Fellowship. For people who aren't the people you think they are. I honestly don't understand, but for all his raging against it, he does have an awful lot in common with Steve- and that's good enough for me to come when he asks for help." Bucky finished, tips of his ears pinking ever so slightly when he realized he had begun to ramble.

Focusing on the lovely figure she presented, sliding her clothes on as she was- Bucky's attention was likewise caught by the skeleton key. "Where'd you pick that up?" He queried, to find a different avenue of discussion.
Marvel-MCU-3

174 Posts
8 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Katie

"I'm pretty sure that a gentleman doesn't invite a girl up to his apartment before the third date." Natasha said, teasing "Of course, I'm also pretty sure that a lady doesn't think that a firefight counts as a second date, so I think we're even.

Another difference then. Those were piling up, and Natasha couldn't help but keep track of them, Natalia treasuring the reminders that this might be a new chance, and not a repeat of the doomed relationships that she'd just ended. "Steve-sorry, I should say my Steve, is picky about his food, sounds like your's is the same, though. I'll try just about anything, and I'll be glad to try out your cooking." Natasha's cooking was limited to scrambling eggs, making ramen and opening cans-which was the only kind of cooking you usually got to do in a safehouse, even if Clint could somehow manage to take the contents of a long term storage pantry and make it into something that was tasty, as opposed to just being fuel for the body.

"That sounds like him." Natasha replied "He didn't get handsy when I met him, but apparently he's gotten into a fight or two in the Hub, the guy's got a temper. Of course, I'd be pissed off too, if everyone kept thinking I was some very different alternate universe version of me all the time. I'm glad you two are getting along. And not like that." she added, giving him a smirk "He's already banging Tony Stark, plus whatever he's got going on with the not-Tony from his world, so yeah, not somewhere that I want to go twice." mentioning it, because if he and Safi were friendly it might come up in the future, so best to get it out of the way now.

"I picked it up here, I think." Natasha said, pulling the key out of her pocket to look at it again "The second card I drew, it was supposed to have given me a fortress, or a castle, or some shit like that. I think this is the key to the house, when I touch it I can, I dunno, feel where it is." seeing his nervous look she added "No, I'm not heading there today. Maybe tomorrow, after I've had food, sleep, a chance to gear up, and maybe see if I can get some more backup." there was no need to ask if he was in, she already knew that answer.
Marvel-MCU

101 Posts
6 Threads
Moon

Bucky gave a small, remarkably crooked grin. "If a fire fight counts as a date, I think we're a little past three at this point Doll." He pointed out. "So either you're a lady, or I'm a gentleman. I mean, there used to be plenty of dames and fellas who'd argue against that last one, so chances are that you, lovely Nat, are an incredible lady."

He did stifle a snort when she confirmed that her Steve was a picky eater. "I haven't had the chance to find out if he really is that picky- when he was younger, he needed a pretty strict diet. Then we were on army rations, which- are less than inspiring. Now? Well, We were on the run, and then I was frozen and away from him until recently. But 60's Steve did complain about being served good coffee since he was hoping for sludge so." He shrugged. "Could be another universal constant. I'll ask Safi at some point if he's that picky too."

Bucky, being fully honest, hadn't needed to teach himself how to cook properly until he had been freed from Hydra's control- in his tiny apartment that Steve tore apart and okay maybe Bucky was still a little teed about that one. In his defense he had been decorating and everything. Okay so his idea of decorations was a single jug of cutlery BUT HE HAD DISHES.

On the topic of Safi though, Bucky did pause before looking at Nat dead seriously. "Does he wear Israel Flag Boxers. Is this another universal constant. Nat I need to know." He explained, his face not twitching from the base face he was making. "It's important. Can I sing a national anthem at his ass. This is the most relevant information. Nat." Bucky continued, hoping to make her laugh, and also make her more comfortable about the topic- to know that he wasn't going to judge her for it, or anything like that.

Though it did make him want to smirk at Safi to know that Nat was more interested in Bucky than in the bodyguard. And they were both alternates of her exes so neither of them had a step up there.

It occurred to Bucky that he ought to ask her out for a real date at some point.

Deciding now was as good as any other time. "So that's where I'll pick you up for our next date then?" He offered with a sincere face, though his mouth did quirk up at the corner. Bucky was comfortable just smoothly asking like that- in part because he was quite confident that if Nat was uninterested, it would not be a secret- just like his interest wasn't.

He offered his arm for her to hold on to as he moved to leave the shop.
Marvel-MCU-3

174 Posts
8 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Katie

"Ok, ok, you win." Natasha conceded, laughing. She still didn't entirely agree with him, but she saw no need to get into an argument over something silly. Just as she also didn't see the need to tell him that only Clint called her Nat. Because, well, it was good to have another reminder that this was someone else, someone who, perhaps, she could give a nickname of his own "I'm a lady and you, Yasha, are a perfect gentleman. Which I'm sure you'll prove later."

"We should compile a dossier." Natasha said teasingly "All of the information about variants of Captain America, with special focus on things that are weirdly similar across universes. Like his love for Tony Stark's dick." she added, perhaps with a touch of bitterness. Just a touch.

When he asked her, completely deadpan, about Safi's underwear, she couldn't help but laugh. "Nope, sorry. I wasn't paying much attention, but I'm pretty sure I'd remember something like that. " after a moment of pretending to carefully consider the question she added "I can tell you that it was pretty obvious that he's Jewish. That was more of a surprise than it should have been."

"Well, not our next date." Natasha replied "The place is occupied, so we'll have to clear it out. But the one after that, for sure." smiling at the fact that she'd just agreed to two dates. One of them might even be a date, instead of a fight.
Marvel-MCU

101 Posts
6 Threads
Moon

Bucky grinned at Natasha- it was nice to hear her laughing. Especially when she had just been taken from such a stressful situation- and since last he checked the wounds of her past relationship were still pretty fresh. "Yasha, huh?" He replied, only the slightest hint of questioning in the tone. "Natasha and Yasha. A rhyming pair." He added, bearing his teeth in a wicked smile.

Certainly- he knew that Yasha was a russian form of his name- but it still pleased him to think the two names went so well together.

He heard the sourness in Natasha's tone and winced slightly. "A number of them also share an attraction for a certain redhead." He offered with a single raised eyebrow and bump of his shoulder into hers. It was a tad more buddy buddy than he would have liked- but Bucky was trying to make her see that not all of the Steves were like hers. Even if that meant hurting his chances- she deserved to know that the cheating hadn't happened because her Steve didn't love her. "And his inability to not get in a fight." He added, trying to move the topic forwards, bringing his hand up to rub at the back of his neck a little awkwardly.

Bucky did throw his head back with a laugh at the reply to his deadpan joke. "Part of me wants to ask how you knew that- just to make you say it out loud where he- and others- might be able to hear it- but I'm pretty confident I know the answer. Plus there is someone far more attractive here that I'd much rather know things about." He retorted with a wink at her to make the 'someone' particularly clear.

Listening to her take his obvious question, and turn it into two dates, Bucky couldn't help the smile on his face. "Well now- I may want you to come pick me up for the second of those dates. Only seems fair to split the work that way. Or we could meet somewhere. So we may have to pen in a few more dates just to make sure to cover all the bases, Doll." He quipped back, moving to hold the door open for her. Certainly she was capable of doing so herself- but he had been raised to be chivalrous. (Even if not all the lessons had taken, considering he was taking her up to his apartment.) "After you."
Marvel-MCU-3

174 Posts
8 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Katie

"I thought I was Nat." she said, teasing. She wasn't one to be all cutesy-poo, and it wasn't a point in his favor if he was inclined to go there. "I can call you Bucky instead, if you'd rather." since maybe he'd gone the cutesy-poo route to discourage her.

"Some of them." Natasha allowed "Of course, that and being into Stark don't seem to be mutually exclusive. Just like how Safi's wife left him for Jimmy, which-yeah, I don't think that is a place to go looking for patterns, since in a lot of universes Natasha Romanov seems to be into Banner, which yeah. "And him liking shields-Safi picked up a garbage can lid. As much as he bitches that he isn't Cap, they do have a lot in common."

"I'm pretty sure you're right about that." Natasha replied "I don't know that I'd say I'm more attractive than him. More available, well, I'll give you that one." since she wasn't involved with anyone at the moment, and Safi was apparently not interested in Bucky. Which she wasn't going to complain about. Not in the slightest.

"Which is a good reason to take me back to your place." Natasha replied "If I'm going to come pick you up, I should know where I'm going. Logic." she walked through the door then turned to grin at him.
Marvel-MCU

101 Posts
6 Threads
Moon

Bucky shook his head with a raised eyebrow- though his smile didn't wane in the slightest. "If you prefer Nat, certainly Doll- But I'm fine with whatever you want to call me." He winked at her. "Just expect any escalation past Yasha to be met with a similar increase in nickname ridiculousness."

Bucky couldn't help the laugh that came with the insight of Safi using a garbage can. "Alright- so dossier item one- All of them have useless minds when it comes to strategy. Safi certainly seems to have Steve's tendency to just throw himself at the problem and hope it works." Thinking of his friend, Bucky sighed slightly. It was still a little melancholy to think of the man as Captain America- Bucky was glad Steve was happy and healthy, but Bucky still missed the simpler times where he could rope his friend into double dates- back before every problem became super-sized. It didn't help that the two of them had barely had a handful of moment to be just Bucky and Steve since the serum.

Focusing on the redhead beside him, Bucky once again quirked an eyebrow at her. "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder Doll, you may not think so, but-" He turned completely to her, tucking her hair behind her ear. "I emphatically do." Bucky added, voice low, mouth close to her ear, so that the words were clearly meant for her and her alone.

Following her through the door, he tucked his hands into his pockets since she had already ignored his offered arm once- and he didn't really think she was the hand holding sort. "Beautiful, Deadly, and smart." He stated, simply because it was true and he thought she might like to hear it. "I'm pretty confident that makes me lucky to have your attention for now Doll." Bucky added as an afterthought as they started towards his home.
Marvel-MCU-3

174 Posts
8 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Katie

"I'll stick with Yasha, then." Natasha said, grinning at him. "Yeah, I can agree with that. Because seriously, walking up and punching something really hard isn't a plan. Its the opposite of a plan. I mean, yeah, ok, he makes it work more often than he should be able to make it work, but it isn't a plan." granted, Black Widow had loved fighting alongside him, just as she'd loved fighting alongside Clint, who also thought that planning was something that happened to other people.

"And I'm smart enough to know when to just take the compliment." Natasha replied, taking a moment to revel in the touch "I think we're both lucky." she added, sticking her arm through his. Right now, she didn't feel like being alone, and didn't feel like being outside of physical contact with someone. "So, what have you been doing, other than saving my cute ass?"
Marvel-MCU

101 Posts
6 Threads
Moon

Bucky coughed a laugh as Natasha agreed- picturing the look on any of the Steves faces if they knew what the two assassins were discussing. "Even worse is when his plan is to walk up and let something punch HIM really hard. Makes me wonder whether there was some brain trauma I don't know about." Like Nat- Bucky very much enjoyed working with Steve. The two of them weren't so much a planned type of attack- rather a machine made of two parts. They could be blind and still weather any attack- but Bucky still believed in the power of having a fucking clue what they're doing ahead of time.

Bucky enjoyed the way that Nat responded to his touch- especially since he was also appreciating the contact. Her hair was exactly as soft as he expected it to be- and he'd be the last to deny that he liked being close to her.

He smiled at her as she took his arm. "I can agree with that." Bucky acquiesced in an offhand manner- before snorting at her question. "Other than getting punched? I have accosted more than one Steve Rogers now- mostly turned into me lecturing a few folks with the same face for very similar reasons. Otherwise- thinking about what your cute ass would consider a good time. Since time's changed a little since I last took a dame with me to cut a rug- and I wasn't sure that was your speed anyways."
Marvel-MCU-3

174 Posts
8 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Katie

"Maybe he fell on his head when he was a baby." Natasha joked in return "It would explain a lot." Natalia, however felt the need to defend her former lover and so she added, more seriously "I think part of it was all the time he spent being small-after he got the serum, he felt invincible. So he didn't feel the need to fight smart." she said, her tone full of fond exasperation.

"I like going dancing." Natasha said, ignoring the little stab of bittersweet regret that the suggestion called up. Both Steve and Bucky had enjoyed dancing, and had been thrilled that there had been a thriving swing dance scene in New York, so that they could 'really dance' as Steve put it, although they'd enjoyed their trips to clubs that played more modern music as well. "We'll have to find a place in the Hub." because that was something that she wanted to do, very much. Moving to music, Bucky's body pressed against hers, yes, that was something that she wanted. Very, very much.
Marvel-MCU

101 Posts
6 Threads
Moon

Bucky's grin shrunk slightly at the reply, picturing that happening- though he did his best not to let that show. Nat hadn't known Steve when he was young like Bucky had- she'd hardly know that a drop on the head could have been the end of him. Instead he responded with a similar level of fondness- though probably a higher level of exasperation. "You would think so- but he fought like that long before he had the serum in him."

His grin returned at full strength when she explained that she did like dancing. "Then we'll go dancing. I'll ask around to see if I can find a place." Bucky replied smoothly, doing his chivalrous best to not picture her pressed against him. Which is to say he was not trying in the slightest, and if his eyes were a little darker, so be it.

Clearing his mind, he held open the door for her as they arrived at his building. Once they were up the stairs, he unlocked the door to his modest apartment, absentmindedly tossing his keys to the side and shucking his jacket to find himself a shirt.
Marvel-MCU-3

174 Posts
8 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Katie

"Yeah, you're probably right." she said, letting the discussion of Steve and his fighting style go for the moment. She had other things to focus on. Much more pleasant things, like the way Bucky looked with he was smiling at her, his expression making it clear that his mind was going to the same places her's was.

Which meant that she made no secret of the fact that she was very much enjoying the view when he shucked his jacket, although she didn't protest when he put on a shirt. "That sounds like fun." she said "What do you have to eat?" she asked, walking towards the little kitchen "I don't know about you, but almost dying makes me hungry."
Marvel-MCU

101 Posts
6 Threads
Moon

Bucky didn't miss the way Nat's eyes met his- it was hard to ignore something when you were desperately searching someone's face for it- and were confident enough to believe it when you found it. So he maybe chose a tighter shirt than strictly necessary- and pulled it on slower than he needed to. Bucky did manage to restrain his desire to flex as he passed by her towards the kitchen. "Well I was in the middle of getting pasta ready." He offered with a polite nod at the two seats at the breakfast nook in case Nat wanted to sit down while she waited.

Going to the Stove, he turned the heat back on under his water and his sauce pan. "So if that works for you- I have it mostly done."

He turned again to face her and leaned against the counter with his arms crossed slightly. "But in all seriousness- are you alright? Do you need a cup of coffee or uh hug or something?" He offered awkwardly, rubbing the back of his neck as he pinked a little.