Marvel Comics-616-ish

155 Posts
3 Threads
Job: Superhero/Doctor
Ship Status: Single
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Mike

All Accounts Posts: 849
Invitation, challenge… The two things amounted to the same thing when you felt like you had something to prove, and Justin pretty much always felt like he had something to prove these days. This, granted, was a challenge that he was more than happy to keep attempting until he got it right. If that took a long time? Well, then, that was just a sacrifice of his time he was going to have to make, now, wasn’t it? The fact that Lori seemed to be quite willing to let him keep going egged him on, sure, but he wasn’t going to take willingness for a sign that he’d proven his case yet, not by a long shot.

Granted, he did have to be something of a gentleman here…

“You know, if this is me taking advantage of your emotional state, this is your chance to tell me to stop,” he managed as he caught his breath… and then, of course, went right back in to kiss her. After all, it didn’t take long for her to say ‘yes’ or ‘no’ or ‘stop,’ now, did it? There was a time to talk about feelings and belabor the point, and they’d passed that. In his experience, this was the time for acting on them and burying little problems like ‘feelings of inadequacy’ and ‘murdering a version of a friend’ under a haze of emotional and physical gratification.
@eve
Marvel-MCU-2

88 Posts
7 Threads
Job: Spy/Hero/Daughter
Sexual Orientation: Straight?
Nyte

All Accounts Posts: 1,456
Justin might have felt like he had something to prove, but Lorelei didn’t share that point of view with him. Justin was fun, he was kind, he was sweet, and he was an Avenger. For Lori, that right there was pretty much exactly what you needed. Yes, the kiss they had shared in the magic shop before she’d left on the rescue had been… Awkward and less than passionate, but she hadn’t been looking for passion or skill. She had been honestly uncertain if she’d ever even make it back to Hub, let alone get to see Doctor McSexy again. That kiss had been a mixture of a goodbye and a ‘I might never get another chance’ and maybe just a little bit of fear that it might be her last one.

So yeah, she hadn’t really been rating it on a sliding scale at the time. Today? Well… Damn. Like in all things, Lori kissed with enthusiasm, but it was tempered with a certain sort of grace and a whole lot of care; she didn’t kiss people she didn’t care about.

Justin wasn’t pulling away, and neither was Lori, not at first and when they did part, she blinked at him for a moment, “Hm? Um, no, this is not you taking advantage of my emotional state. I kissed you first…” And then he was kissing her again and she giggled momentarily into the kiss, smiling the whole time. No, thoughts of Bruce and Hulk and the world that had lacked the Avengers fled in the face of Justin, his incredible mouth, and the fact that Lori felt just a little bit like she was melting.

@Mike
Marvel Comics-616-ish

155 Posts
3 Threads
Job: Superhero/Doctor
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Mike

All Accounts Posts: 849
Well, technically she'd kissed him first, but he'd had plenty of kisses in similar situations that supposedly 'didn't count' according to the lady afterward because of the 'threat of impending death' 'impairing their judgement at the moment.' Thanks, Jan. Still, she wasn't trying to claim anything like that, which... well, which was good. The giggling was certainly an encouraging sign, too, because if this was making her giggle, she sure didn't seem to be having any second thoughts about it. "Yeah, well, if I hadn't been all loopy in the head and maybe hypnotized," Damn it, he'd walked right into admitting that one, but he'd just have to soldier on, "You wouldn't have gotten to that one first. Guess we'll never really know, though." Enough talk for the moment, then. He wasn't going to be the one who talked the subject to death when he should just be proving to her that she liked kissing him.

Besides, if he started saying that she needed him incapacitated to beat him to the punch... well, interesting things could happen if she took it as a challenge.
@eve