Shadowrun-Tabletop edition

143 Posts
8 Threads
Job: "Travel Writer" (Smuggler)
Ship Status: Trying to date Belle
Sexual Orientation: Yes.
Moon

All Accounts Posts: 834
Queth shook her head with a sigh. "Unfortunately I do not know how the place was gassed- there wasn't much evidence recovered, and it was a good two years before I was really in a state capable of walking around separate from life support- so I couldn't exactly go and fix that oversight." She admitted, running her fingers along a strangely sensitive ear. It was... weird.

It occurred to Queth that she might be experiencing phantom sensations from the her of this time period. To the point that her ear legitimately felt warmer than the metal should make it.

"Their headquarters are too far away. We'd be better off just all going to the restaurant and hope we catch the fragging goranits on task." She replied as she focused on the topic at hand- going so far as to produce a gun and offer it to Belle. "Though I desperately wish I had something a little more permanent on hand- tranq darts seems like it would suit you. And my rubber bullets can be permanent if applied close enough and to soft enough tissue." Queth grumbled, once again checking her smuggling compartments to see if there was any ammo there- she knew there wasn't- but she needed something to do with her hands.

Her ribs stuck strangely- so she assumed she had gotten zombie goo in there.
Westworld/The Dark Tower-Westworld-1

114 Posts
7 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Mike

All Accounts Posts: 849
Virgil nodded, taking her lack of knowledge in stride. If it came down to it, they’d find out what they needed to know and they’d play it by ear. They had three good brains between them, they could figure out how a gassing could be carried out. “All right, then let’s focus on what we do know. We know about when this is going to happen, so if nothing else? We just get everyone out.” And, between the three of them, he was going to bet that Queth had something in her cybernetic goody-bag to help her not die of poison. For that matter, there was a chance that whatever it was wouldn’t hurt him, either… although admittedly less of one. “Do we know what kind of a gas it was? That could give us some good hints about how they released it.” Oh, how he wished that this was a simple shooting he had to stop. That was easy enough: you go in, you put a bullet in someone’s head, and the job was done. As it was, they needed to scope out air vents, the path of the air flow, escape routes, filtration systems… and he was at a distinct disadvantage here, since he didn’t know how the technology here worked, exactly, did he? “You’re the one who knows how things played out… this is your play to lead.”

143 Posts
8 Threads
Moon

Queth gave a groan and shake of her head. "Like said, I was convalescing until well after the evidence had been destroyed." Unintentionally she started picking at the edge of her seat out of mild distress as it finally occurred to her exactly how unprepared for this situation she was. "What I know amounts to this- whatever gas it was didn't kill instantly, and from the expressions on my family's faces, was excruciatingly painful until it did." She explained quietly, tugging on a small knot in her hair for something to do with her hands. "I'd be okay with just getting people out and going from there. If we drive the right path, I could stop long enough to grab you two filtration masks as well." She shrugged slightly. "I don't need one because I have a built in filter- and a backup oxygen supply if things go wrong." Queth explained, figuring it was fair for them to know what she had tucked away that could be useful.

"Alternatively we could pick up some magic charms if you'd rather."

Absentmindedly she started braiding and unbraiding her hair for a few moments before kicking the car. "Why doesn't this thing go any faster." She grumbled under her breath, not expecting an answer.

114 Posts
7 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Mike

The amount of information they didn’t have did not exactly reassure Virgil, but no matter. They knew it was going to be a gassing, and they just had to prevent that. They’d cover all their bases, he supposed… they had the time for it, he supposed. Not an excessive amount, but enough. “We need weapons,” he said, with a flat surety in his voice. “If you can stop somewhere and get weapons and the masks, do it, but we’ll need some more sure weapons for you. If we can’t get the masks, then we’ll just have to be ready to not let them release the gas.”

The girl’s nervousness, though, he could understand, and he couldn’t have her getting jumpy. “Right now,” he said, his voice as even and relaxed as ever, “We’re walking the path that was laid out for us by the Turtle. Now, I realize that doesn’t mean anything to you, but it’s something I have some experience with. It’s a path that isn’t necessarily sure, but we’ll find along it what we need so that we can succeed, even though failure is an option. Keep yourself focused, stand true, and we can do this. Regardless of how fast your coachamobile moves.”
DC- DC-TV-1

208 Posts
6 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

All Accounts Posts: 1,679
Belle couldn’t contribute more to the planning stage, but as Queath slowly relieved that horrible time she could wrap her arms around the taller girl holding her,sharing the moment, rubbing her back.

“What ever happens sweetie-“ belle hugged her tightly, “we are here for you.” Now as to magic vs tech- “What ever you think is best.”

Strangely she herself was comforted by the cowboys words, she believed in fate, and this felt destined.

Belle just hoped that it was destined to be in Queaths favor.

143 Posts
8 Threads
Moon

Queth shook ever so slightly in the embrace- it was hard to remain composed in this situation- though hell, she was glad she had almost no soul at the moment. Largely because where she was freaking out, if she had a full soul, she would have been inconsolably afraid and panicking.

Taking a deep breath, she offered a quick return hug before letting the other woman go. "Yes." Queth replied to Virgil with a nod, taking a moment to gather herself, even as she mentally course corrected for a trip to the store. She did crack a small smile when he called the car a 'coachamobile.' With a snort and shake of her head, she corrected him. "It's a car. Or an automobile if you feel strongly about a longer word."

She realized that she could use better weapons- so instead of going for the nearest store- she went to the nearest Seamstresses Union. "Ah- If you follow me inside I will warn you that this place fronts as a strip club." Queth offered with a small smirk before walking in to the back and yelling out-

"A 100,000 Creds to the first person that can get me two filtration masks, protection charms for three, and a pair of reliable guns with more than enough ammo to take out a swarm of Humanis goons."

114 Posts
7 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Mike

Right. Car. Automobile. Words that, for some reason, always tended to escape him. He thought that maybe it was something in his initial personality parameters that made the word difficult to hang onto, but it never seemed to bother him, no matter how many times he found himself on a world that had them. He knew what they were, after all, and that was enough to understand that aspect of any world. “Right. That,” he said, offering her an easy smile behind that broad moustache.

The fact that the building she led them to was a flesh-peddler didn’t seem to phase Virgil at all. He might not be partial to this sort of place, but he’d seen whores and jillies of all varieties, and ones that just took their clothes off to be watched, he supposed, were a bit less desperate than some he’d seen, which was a good thing. He followed her through the building, keeping fairly close to the ladies (particularly Belle, who he knew was not exactly well-dressed under the duster and was now in a building surrounded by lust-addled people) and giving a little nod and a tip of his hat here and there when he saw that he’d caught someone’s eye, ready to also give a sharp look and a shake of his head if someone seemed to be taking an interest in the women, but that didn't seem to be necessary. It was true that he didn't exactly fit in here, but it didn’t matter. He might stick out, but as far as oddities went, cowboys were an oddity that people never exactly seemed shocked to see.

Idly, he popped a bullet out of his belt and rolled it over his fingers before passing it to Queth. “If they can get me a few more rounds it probably wouldn’t be a bad idea, either. Don’t fret yourself much over it if it’ll take too long, I probably won’t run out today.” It wasn’t that he thought he would need to burn through all his ammunition so much as that he’d learned that if you had a chance to resupply, you took it.
DC- DC-TV-1

208 Posts
6 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

Belle wondered as Queth and the cowboy took up positions around her if they remembered that she worked in a whore house in Hub. Or that she’d lived in and survived Gotham for a good year on her own.

That being said her mama didn’t raise a fool and belle kept herself tucked herself safely between the pair.

Belle secured the belt of her loaned duster more securely around her “If we have a second, a pair of shoes would be real nice.” She murmured.

143 Posts
8 Threads
Moon

Queth snorted at the query regarding bullets, and then flushed ever so slightly at the reminder that Belle needed shoes. "An extra 50 k if you can get me *insert calibre* ammo, a pair of pants, and shoes to fit the lovely redhead human!" She yelled over the sudden excitement. Queth was aware that she had offered a ludicrous amount of money for so simple a request, but she didn't have time for them all to consider the value of her request. Hell, she didn't have time to go to individual suppliers for the required items- thus bribing other runners to part with their gear.

Besides, while it seemed like a fragging lot of money to them, it was not to her. For most of them, they'd have been running for thirty years max, closer to five to ten with the average lifespan of a runner. Queth had been a runner for fifty years, not only was her reputation rather well built, but her pockets ran deeper than she'd ever have need of. Within a few moments, the items started to accumulate in front of them.

Queth took a deep breath and looked over them, going so far as to force her self to see in the astral to check the charms. (Not an easy task when there was almost none of you to go into astral.) It all seemed incredibly real right then, so she forced herself to take a deep breath- before scooping the best ones into her arms and dropping a single cred stick in the hands of each person who offered part of it.

The elf then handed two cases of ammo, a charm, and a breathing mask to the gunslinger- and a charm, a filter mask, a pair of pants, and a pair of shoes to Belle. Queth gave them both a small polite nod as she walked back out of the building, leaving their previous car behind in order to hack a new one. "Resets any progress that was made on getting control back." She explained with a tight smile for the other two.

Climbing in, she moved to pop open her arm to toss the charm in- But Queth found the limb under her hand to be surprisingly fleshy. It took her only a moment to understand that it was actually flesh- that their actions were already starting to have an effect on the future. The moment she understood that was a brief second before it went metal again. The fire of determination that had been struggling inside her became steel as she stopped quaking entirely. The future was changing- but it needed her in the here and now to set it in stone.

114 Posts
7 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Mike

Once they were in the coachamobile (a different one, and wisely so, by Queth’s explanation), the Gunslinger took a moment to take off the bag that hung from his belt against his leg. While he hadn’t been loaded for bear when he left that morning like he would have been if he’d expected a long journey, no Gunslinger worth his guns ever went out unprepared. The leather stash was fastened around his waist at the top and around his thigh at the bottom, keeping it handy and out of the way at the same time. It was big enough to hold reasonable supplies in case he found himself stranded and relatively unprepared, and the new additions would stretch it to its limits, but nevertheless, it would hold the ammunition that Queth had handed him. He took his time arranging the items in it to accommodate the new objects, so that he could get at the air filter easily if he needed it, the charm hanging around his neck under his shirt. He’d done this before, naturally, and could have done it quickly and easily, but he took his time, keeping his gaze shifted more to the side of the car as he did, trying to give Belle some modicum of privacy to handle her state of undress with her new clothes.

That done, he reached over the seat to pick up the sturdy-looking bag that all of their new gear had been loaded in. He deposited the box containing the green Bend into it, then started working the shoulder strap, getting it to a length that he could carry easily so that it wouldn’t interfere with his movement in a fight. Their detour had settled a small number of problems in their efforts. They had something to carry the box in, they were now well-armed, Belle was properly dressed, and they had protection in case things went badly. Surely, this was Ka.

“On to the job, then. When we get there, I think you need to do what you can to map out the likely places that the gas could be released. Belle can do her part convincing someone to evacuate the building.” Unspoken was, of course, the fact that he’d be there to shoot anyone who tried to accost either of the women in their efforts. "I could be missing something, though. This isn't my world."
DC- DC-TV-1

208 Posts
6 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

Belle blinked at the price of the items, her shoulders wiggling as her keen bargin hunting expericed eyes caught how damn near half the place suddenly decided to strip themselves to throw on the pile. Well now! Belle nodded firmly to herself, if Queth was gonna spend all this money she was gonna make sure she was at least as comfortable and well dressed (for the situation) as possible! Keen green eyes skipped around till she found a pair of women who had about her build, trying to push forward. Belle sized them up, ruthlessly pushed down the moment of pure lust for the gorgous pair of platform knee high stellto boots, the nicely worn in combat boots the other woman was pushing forward would suit this better. "Ya top too." Because damn it she'd rather tramp around in a glorfied leather corset, and studded jacket that at least fit then the (wonderfully thoughtful but horribly sized) trench the old cowboy had offered for her modesty.

Once in the car Belle wiggled the trech coat to cover her as she shifted, squirmed, laced, zipped and buckled her new (to her) outfit into place. Belle wasn't vain but she had this half of an idea that she might only be useful as a distraction and in the pocket of her new jacket combo she found a compact and what she assumed was lipstick, seemed that some things were mutiuniversal.

Well now, she'd never imagined herself with green lips, but there ya go an' not looking half bad if she said so herself after a quick fluff of her fingers through her hair.

"Thank ya." Belle handed the trench back to Virgil, using her old clothing to make a cover for Steve's shield; "Sounds like a plan, an' now ah look less like a crazy woman." If somewhere past the line of what SHE would consider decent...well for anything other then a very odd costume party, but then the leather and cyberpunk look hadn't ever been her scene.

Belle wrapped her hand arond Queths, gesutring for her to help her secure the charm since she didn't know where she was suppose to put it. "An' thin' else Ah need t'know?"

143 Posts
8 Threads
Moon

Queth couldn't help the amusement that lit her eyes when she saw Belle near start drooling over a pair of boots. She tossed another cred stick at the woman. "She wants your boots too." Queth offered vaguely as the girl tripped over herself to hand off her boots. "Souvenir." Queth offered to Belle as she walked away. "Though I will say, I know how much makeup is a coverup for portable toxins, so maybe next time don't be in such a hurry to use unknown lipstick from random shady type folk."

Queth noted the woman offering the charm with confusion and chuckled quietly before tucking it in the woman's pocket and zipping it up. "Doesn't matter where it is, so long as you have it on you." She explained, taking her own charm and looping it over her head. Which she didn't do for Belle because Queth had a long enough shirt to tuck her charm under.

Queth did nod at Virgil as she kicked the vehicle into high gear- only stopping when they arrived at the restaurant- doors all popping open. "It's showtime." She offered quietly, climbing down from the vehicle, making sure both guns were well concealed.

114 Posts
7 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Mike

Virgil shrugged back into the familiar weight of his duster, settling it around himself as well as he could while he was sitting in the coachamobile. Belle’s new outfit… well, it was certainly an outfit. She’d be a good distraction to have on their side, he had to agree, he just hoped it didn’t get in the way of anything she tried to accomplish in convincing people to get out of harm’s way. Of course, if it did, she always had the turtle to use.

Taking his cue from Queth, Virgil climbed out of the car, his duster falling around him again, covering the holsters at his hips well enough. Brushing it back to get at them was second nature to him by now, as was getting to the pack at his thigh. The other bag, he kept hanging across his back, cinched tight so that it wouldn’t fall down at his side and get in the way of his guns, that malevolent presence of the green bend feeling like its filthy gaze was peering through them into his future.

Feeling as ready as he ever had been, Virgil peered up at the restaurant, sizing up the building and mapping out all of the points of entrance he could see. “After you, then, sai,” he said, ready to follow whichever woman looked like she felt she needed backup.
DC- DC-TV-1

208 Posts
6 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

“Oh!” Belle blushed smacking her lips together to see if they were going numb or any other tattletales. Honestly she lived in Gotham for the last year! You’d think she’d remember that that sort of thing happened! “Sorry.” Belle ducked her head at the light reprimand.

Belle Scarlet Street would admit she was known for several things; her cooking, her cheery disposition, and probably her accent. What she would NOT think to mention was the bounce.

The Bounce and the Wiggle.

Alighting from the cab in an outfit she’d never herself put together Belle showcased this little fact, the combination of her natural attributes, walk and...bubbly ness meant that she turned the heads of a certain subset of people who found those attributes attractive. And even if they didn’t they still saw her.

The metronomic sway of her hips worked its magic in drawing the attention of a harried waiter, “Hi!” Belle reached for his arm. “Look we gotta Problem here. Ah just heard some men outside sayin they put a bomb in here!” Belle’s wide eyes and wavering voice needed no artistic talent to express the actual fear she felt. “Ya gotta get everyone out!”

As she was saying this Belle realized that a better plan based on how the last venue has reacted would have been to throw more of the ample money at the owners to kick everyone out and ‘rent’ the shop for a few hours.

143 Posts
8 Threads
Moon

Queth couldn't help the laugh that spilled through her lips when Belle started checking to see if her lips had gone numb. "No worries, just a survival habit that you learn from living in this world for eighty years." She replied before falling silent as they drove. When they arrived, there was another brief moment of panic that filled her lungs- Queth was capable of admitting to herself that if the new future was coming back to her in flashes, she was going to have some incredible mood swings in between the moments when she did and didn't have a soul. As it was, all it took was Belle getting out of the car and Virgil speaking for Queth to regain her cool.

"What does Sai mean anyways?" She asked the man, trailing behind Belle to the establishment. And admittedly, enjoying the view that the other woman offered when she walked like that.

Queth didn't bother taking the time to process any answer given to her, walking casually into the building and jacking in to the matrix to bring up the building layout for Virgil on her commlink. She subtly removed her eye and loosed it into the air where it took to the ceiling so that she could watch Belle, every one around the three of them, and still offer Virgil the ability to have a seat facing the things he might want to watch.

"The red lines are air vents, blue, water. Where do you think they'd set off the gas and the bomb?" She asked quietly, confident her question would be lost in the sudden frenzy of people trying to get outside. If there was one thing good about this being the target, it was that everyone inside was used to having to run from danger. Meant that they took a bomb warning very seriously.

114 Posts
7 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Mike

“Where I lived, ‘sai’ is a word of respect. ‘Sir’ or ‘ma’am,’ I suppose, only the same for men and women.” He followed behind both of the women, making sure that no one was doubling back to tail them or ambush them. “There are other ways to acknowledge the women differently from the men… but this isn’t the time for a lesson in making manners in an old, distant world.”

To be honest, and Virgil always tried to be either honest or silent, he hadn’t expected Belle’s efforts to have any quick effect. The fact that they did was a pleasant surprise, but it meant that they might need to move faster now. The sooner people were out of the building, the sooner they might want to know more about this bomb that was supposed to go off, the bomb which to his understanding wasn’t present yet. He looked at what Queth was showing him with a sense of growing urgency, studying the display she was showing him. The gas was airborn (obviously), so he disregarded the blue lines. “There,” he said, pointing to the point that all the ducts led to (or, he supposed, from). “That’s going to be where they can pump the gas easiest. If there’s not a system in place to circulate the air from that point, it’d be easy enough to put one there with the gas.” He looked at her steadily as he considered the bomb. “I wouldn’t put the bomb in the building. The gas would take care of everyone in here already, the bomb is meant for people outside. Wherever the physicians would set up to treat those still living, that’s where the bomb would go, there or next to whatever would burn best.”
DC- DC-TV-1

208 Posts
6 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

Truth be told Belle was just as shocked at how easily the diner cleared out, she‘d expected at least SOME resistance to the strange woman who was ranting about bombs!

Apparently here neither her outfit or story was that out of the ordinary...which was a sad reflection of what this society expected. Belle spared a sad glance at Queth, this was her home. Where she had grown up as a child...Belle wished with all her heart that every child could grow up safe, loved, and than maybe the world itself would be a kinder place to allow the next generation to grow safe, happy.

Was that too much to wish for?

Belle came back to the pair as Virgil expressed his opinion. „So split up? Ah can look for the gas canister an ya two can handle the explosives an‘ the men setting it?“ She offered putting her faith in Queths charm and that the two of them could talk her through any unexpected surprises she found in the ducts.

143 Posts
8 Threads
Moon

Queth sighed, overlaying the architecture with the highlighted lines. She flicked her fingers and wiped out all of the irrelevant paths. Increasing the size of the focused area, she overlaid the security cameras view.

"Unfortunately Belle-" She started, sighing, and highlighted the mass in front of the door. "-I don't know that you'll be able to get through that door." Looking for alternate paths, she did notice a vent. Glancing at Belle's figure automatically, Queth gave her a small weak grin. "And I don't think you're going to be able to make it through there. I don't have any eyes on the gas itself so while we're still going off guesses, I'd say that I should go after the gas, and you two can go after the bomb? It'll give you a little more leeway timewise, and the first responders will have about as much information about the area as you two do."

Closing her hand and cutting the map off in the same motion, Queth nodded decisively. "Besides which, you have the shield that you claim you've seen contain a bomb. The tranq darts in that gun are fast acting, so if you get a shot in, you should be able to down pretty much anyone in one hit. If you're facing off against the larger metahumans you may need two... but if I'm right and this is humanis, it'll just be humans. You may even be able to talk them down if you don't have an elf at your side." The elf explained quietly to belle, her eye drone dropping lower to where the human might notice it. "And I'll be keeping an eye on you if there's any trouble."

Giving a small smile as she took a deep breath, she nodded at them before walking over to stand on a nearby table and rip the vent cover off. Right before she hoisted herself up into the slim opening, she offered a final thought. "Thank you both. I'd say I'll see you when this is over- but you'll see me when the gas is dealt with. Imo herme, od imo raeint sa." She murmured, knowing no better farewell.

{Be well, and be true to yourself.}

@kel @mike

114 Posts
7 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Mike

Virgil didn’t like splitting the group up in any situation, but he didn’t see any alternatives here. Given the situation, they didn’t have the time to do everything as a group, and it was reasonable to assume that the gas, going off first, was on a timer. Queth might very well find it unattended and be able to deal with it quickly. On the other hand, they’d gotten a lot of people outside, so the bomb, assuming it was there already, might be getting worked on to speed it up. Suddenly, Virgil felt the need to get them both out there much more quickly. “Good luck,” was all he said, though he knew that luck wasn’t having much to do with their success at the moment. They were still riding the wave of Ka, and it was going to carry them either to success or doom. If he had anything to say about it, and he believed he had quite a deal to say about it, it was going to be success.

The moment they were out, he began scanning the parking lot. “The medics would have come in through the main entrance,” he said, thinking out loud, “The rear of the building wouldn’t have been as effective, not enough room behind to work with. The bomb would have been out front. It would have been in something that wouldn’t be noticed, something that no one would question needing to be there.” But what was it? The only thing around were vehicles, but they couldn’t have planted it there in advance, they couldn’t know where the medics’ coachimobiles would have been, could they? So what could it have been planted on to make sure that it was in the right place to harm as many of those trying to save the injured as they could? The answer struck him like a blow. “Oh no… that bomb. I think it’s in one of the medical coaches that should be showing up.”

But no… that wasn’t right. They wouldn’t have been able to plant it on one of the real coachimobiles that the medics came in… they’d have had it in one like it, prepared by them, and have inserted it into their ranks as they arrived. Since they wouldn’t be leaving from the same place, they’d need to be ready, watching for them… “Look around. It’ll be nearby, watching to get in with the other emergency coachimobiles that probably aren’t going to show up now. They’ll be somewhere where they’ll be able to watch. Help me look.”

@kel @moon