Shadowrun-Tabletop edition

97 Posts
6 Threads
Job: "Travel Writer" (Smuggler)
Ship Status: N/A (looking?)
Sexual Orientation: Yes.
Moon

All Accounts Posts: 595
Queth was doing her best not to shuffle like a school child waiting to be punished but Frag was Virgil taking more than long enough to read a few lines.

Of course she had only handed him the paper a couple seconds ago but that seemed irrelevant really. Alright so she was being impatient- in her defence she kind of felt she was allowed to be. She might be just short of seeing her family again and Queth hadn't felt so strongly about anything of anyone in the past fourty years.

It was the gasping that promptly reminded the elf that there were other people still on this wretched planet. Offering Belle a hand to help her up (and then steady her) Queth gave a weak smile. “That is the question yes. Hopefully Virgil here knows- but-” She bit back her next few words, trying to decide whether or not to share her goal before facing the fact that this was Belle- and if anyone was capable of accepting Queth's desire to change her past, she knew it would be the incredibly compassionate redhead.

“Wherever we're going, hopefully we're going to prevent the deaths of my entire family.”
Westworld/The Dark Tower-Westworld-1

103 Posts
7 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Mike

All Accounts Posts: 734
The Gunslinger had heard her wish, yes, but this was the first time seeing the little slip of paper she’d gotten as a result. The contents of it were so innocuous that it was almost comical, if he hadn’t known the meaning behind them. ‘A cowboy will lead you along the rainbow to what you seek. Your lucky number is 89.’ Well, damnation. He looked quickly around the room, around the shelves. It had to be here someplace, didn’t it?

“You know where we’re going, sai,” he said, his calm tone belying the dread he felt at what was coming next. Was this really what Ka had in store for him? Was this something he had to do? Sadly… yes. Yes, it was, he knew that in his bones, but that didn’t make it any easier. “What’s more, you know when we’re going, and that’s what I need you to tell me now. The rest of it is going to be on me… but we need to let everyone else leave first.” He pointed to the portal as he rummaged on the nearest shelf, shoving objects off haphazardly onto the floor in his haste. “That’s leading back to the Hub, like as not, and it’s not where we want to be.” Oh, he knew she had her own portal somewhere, but this fit much better… the sorcerer's bauble and the sorcerer's doorway.

A box fell open as it hit the floor, and a sickly yellow crystal ball rolled out. Virgil’s eyes fixed on the lemon-colored sphere, then scooped it up in the box. He’d never wanted to see another one of these things again, but here it was.
DC- DC-TV-1

97 Posts
4 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

All Accounts Posts: 1,357
Belle bit her lip, eyes flicking between the portal ‘home’ (or as near to home as she had at the moment) and the friend she’d made, the one that had come for her in this awful place. One who if she understood things correctly was about to go on another mind numbingly dangerous quest to save someone she loved. There really wasn’t time for her quibbling, but Belle wasn’t going to press herself where she’d be a liability, that wouldn’t help anyone, “Do ya want company?” because she couldn’t honestly say she was worth anything more than just ‘company’. She rested her hand on Queath’s arm, ignoring the ridiculous picture she likely made in penguin pajamas and a leather duster. If Queath said ‘no’ Belle’d pray for her every day till she saw the taller woman again.

97 Posts
6 Threads
Moon

Queth was a little stunned from all of her thoughts- because okay yes she knew where and when they were going which was- the worst day of her life. A day that had carved itself into her very flesh. (She flexed her metal fingers reflexively at the thought.)

Swallowing hard she opened her mouth to explain to the others. “My world, the first of January, 2025.” She offered softly, holding back what the day meant. She hadn't celebrated her birthday since, and the idea of seeing her little sister once again contorted in agony made Queth want to be sick. The comforting touch of Belle's hand was enough to bring the elf back to the here and now.

Her first thought was that no way in hell would she allow the redhead to come with- it was almost certain to be dangerous and Queth had just rescued the woman- but the words that fell from the elf's lips did not reflect that in the slightest. “Please do. I don't know that I can face this by myself.” She offered quietly, blood rushing to her face as she looked down.

She was so close to everything she had wanted for fifty two years, and she was scared right out of her mind.
DC- DC-TV-1

97 Posts
4 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

Belle just nodded once, determination settling in her bones, if Queath wanted her she’d go. There was only one person left running towards the portal, she tagged their arm shouting over the noise, “Tell my brother I’m ok!” before pushing away to rejoin Queth.

Stupid decisions she’d made to get here but this didn’t feel like any thing other than necessary. “Jus’ Tell me what ah need ta do.” Belle glanced around the room feeling a prang when she saw Steve’s Shield. It was too late for this world but the heroes who’d died here deserved some remembrance and she knew Steve (or a Steve anyway) if she ever made it back to Hub she’d give him the shield...he could help her lay these poor souls to rest.

Age darkened silver clenched in her hand Belle wrapped her arm around Queaths waist supportively. “But we should really go soon.” Biting her lip nervously.

103 Posts
7 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Mike

"Right now, it's what I need to do," Virgil said, finding the panel next to the portal and, with the press of a button shutting it down. He double checked what the slip of paper said, then when the portal asked for a destination coordinate, he typed in '89'. As the portal flickered to life again, Virgil reluctantly opened the box again, peering down at the yellow ball. "Maerlyn's rainbow," he sighed. "Raw magic taken from the prim, spun into thirteen crystal balls. Each one has a different power, and each one is supposed to hold a demon inside. Whatever either of you do, don't try to use this." Some might expect that as a man who was created and not born, he could use these with impunity, but that simply wasn't the case. He'd touched one of these spheres before, only once, and he had hoped this specific moment wouldn't ever come. "This one has power over time. It'll get us when we need to be." Unlike Belle, he had no particular fear of the world ending before they left, not while he held the bend of Time in his hand. His sense of urgency came simply from wanting this to be done. Taking a deep breath, he lifted the orb from the box.

Images flashed through his mind. At once, he was back in the Mesa, walking down the streets of Sweetwater and suddenly accosted by sadistic guests to the park who decided they were going to gun him down. Every shot he fired was on target and every shot failed to have effect. Oh, he tried to fight them off, but the shackles of code that kept him bound to their whim held him tight as they dragged him off to have their way with him in some dirty shack outside of town...

"First of January,” he said through gritted teeth, “Year of our Lord 2015.” He focused on the portal, fixing his mind on what he needed done and not what long lost moments the orb wanted to drag him into. I shoot with my mind…

Then he was in Mid-World, by the bedside of an aged man, a man that he had seen grow from birth to deathbed. A hundred years in the world and leaving everything behind him in time… But he could change that with this little bauble, couldn’t he? It could take him back to those times when he’d been content…

“No,” he growled at the orb. “You will do what you are bid. First of January, two thousand and fifteen…” But this path didn’t hold any promise for him, did it? The orb cruelly showed him the decay of his current companions as well, the way that they would join all others that he knew while he persisted…

“NOW!” he commanded. “Serve your purpose, as commanded by Maerlyn when he presented your foul power to Arthur Eld in times of old!” Yes, he realized how ridiculous or insane he might look to the others, but this benign looking glass ball was a dangerous object, one of the most dangerous possibly, for the temptation that it thrust at him. “You will serve me, not I you.”

The magic was immense, he had just a moment to peer into its depths as it spun out around them. “Now! It’s ready!” he told them. “Through the portal!” He pushed them both through, then followed through, not looking at where they landed as he dropped the unbreakable ball to the ground, shaking slightly, his hands clutching his arms as he tried in vain to forget the lifetimes of dead faces that were now surrounding him, staring accusingly at him as he still lived long after they fell dead along the road of time. Glaring hatefully at the yellow ball, he kicked it into the box that had landed next to it and shut it.

97 Posts
6 Threads
Moon

Queth watched with baited breath as the old man handled the weird yellow stone- she had seen enough mages work magic in the past to know that it was best to let them do what they needed- no matter how ridiculous the requirements for it may be. She listened to his warning with patience- though she perhaps didn't give it the weight it deserved- but in her defense magic had a bad run trying to affect her.

She gave a small weak smile at the gesture of support from Belle- Queth didn't really know that she deserved a good friend like this woman was- and parts of her were screaming that being friends with a human was just a completely idiotic idea. It wasn't like Queth had suddenly reversed her transformation- she was still over six feet tall and likely to live at least ten times Belle's lifespan- but Queth was doing a really bad job at pushing the other woman away.

Queth seriously wandered about her mental health at times. Beyond the obvious concerns, like her disregard for her own life, and her willingness to be heavily armed at all times (and yes she did mean ALL times) but her seeming constant issue of thinking one thing and saying the opposite seemed like a particularly notable problem.

The way that Virgil was shaking after they went through the portal should have been concerning for Queth. Except. She was no better. Her connection to the matrix had updated to offer her the timestamp of their arrival, and well.

She might be crouching on the ground with her head in between her knees, doing her best to catch her breath- even as she maybe absolutely started hyperventilating. Forcing her head upright, she managed to squeak out a few words. "We need to go to- to my parent's house. If their car can't run- they'll never make it to the restaurant- and they won't die. Simple." Queth offered, but the vocalization of her plan didn't make it any easier for her to recover- if anything it just drove home exactly how much could go wrong. Paling dramatically she managed a few more words before ducking her head in between her knees again. "I just- need a moment."
DC- DC-TV-1

97 Posts
4 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

For ONCE Belle didn’t feel completely useless.

Once they stepped through the portal Belle had an immediate task: mama bear the two people beside her having various breakdowns.

“Right. Gimme an address darlin’.” Belle crouched ignoring the icky feeling of dirty street on her bare feet, she’d walked barefoot around farms so she told herself this wasn’t worse.

...it so was.

For the older gentleman Belle scooped the box into one of the pockets of the duster he’d gifted her with. “Thank ya for getting us here.” Belle rested a light hand on his shoulder, still rubbing Queaths back with her other. “Breathe sweetie, just take breaths till ya are back here.” She shifted her voice to the same soothing rhythmic tone she used when Chris had a panic attack.

The phrasing worked for both of them luckily.

“Ah can go ahead and delay-“ Belle chuckled trying to make them laugh(even if it was hysterical) “pretty sure a crazy lady in penguin shorts an a trench coat is distractin’”

103 Posts
7 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Mike

"No, I keep that," Virgil said when Belle tried to take the box. "We'll need something to carry it in, though, it can't be slowing us down, awkward as it is." Whatever happened, he couldn't let the others handle this thing. He still didn't want to handle it himself, and that was good, it told him that he still wasn't under its spell, but this thing had a corrupting nature. He knew that if he held it for long (and yes, that was longer than they'd probably be here doing this), that could change, and he wasn't eager to see that happen.

Still her trying to take it gave him something solid to focus on, and the resilient Gunslinger latched onto that solid ground and dragged himself to his feet. They didn't have the time to be falling apart just now, after all. "All right. We go to the house that your family is in, we break their cartamobile... do we have enough time to do that and still get to that restaurant to stop... what was it that killed them, anyway?" Lacking his duster, he untucked his shirt from his worn jeans, letting the end hang down over the butts of his guns. He didn't like that obstruction, but he knew that some worlds didn't take kindly to the weapons being easily seen, and this was better than nothing. "I'm not going to fault you making sure that your family stays home from this, but there's some tragedy about to happen, and even if they're safe someone else isn't. If we stand by, we've as good as killed them ourselves."

97 Posts
6 Threads
Moon

Queth allowed her breath to slow down, her entire body shaking as she tried to regain her composure. It occurred to her with a choked laugh that Belle was comforting two folks who were both quite a bit older than she was. Even if Queth didn't feel like a nearly 90 year old.

She snorted again when her companion offered her idea of a distraction- before she sat down on her ass and just started laughing fully. Hell, she was acting like a child. At least the gunslinger had some weird but reasonable explanation for freaking out. Queth's only excuse was that she had never expected this day to actually happen.

She finally stopped laughing like a mad woman, stood up, and dusted herself off. "Alright. Okay, I'm back from the temporary insanity." Queth offered quietly, taking a few deep breaths to catch her breath.

Nodding at Belle, she offered a location. "89 Vague Avenue, Portland." Queth murmured coolly- taking a moment to check what weapons she still had on her. Annoyingly, it seemed all she had was her nonlethal guns- and she didn't feel strongly about being nonlethal with the humanis they might run into.

Something that gave her a moment of guilt when she remembered that at least visually, her two companions were both very human.

Taking a headband off of her wrist, she pulled it on one her hair and then brought it back under to force her ears flat against her scalp. Queth gave an expressionless nod as she came to the words she ought to share. "It's possible we should travel separately until we get closer to my parents home- having an elf at your side will make you a target. Conversely, being in a neighbourhood like mine, without an elf at your side, is likely to do the same."

She shrugged slightly- largely to herself. It wasn't like tucking her ears away did anything much to change what people assumed of her. Her height was more than enough to state her species loud and clear.

Her eyes sharpened at the gunslinger's comment. She had thought long and hard about how to save her family with as little disruption to the time stream as possible- but he had a point and it poked a hole in her anger.

Still. She bit her lip and thought about it for a moment. She had made it back. She could go on from here without the others if she didn't want to effect time too much.

But one glance at their faces, and she felt a sudden sense of clarity for a moment. Because... Well Belle's brother had walked into a dying world to save her, who was she to allow others to lose their families.

Queth sighed and rubbed at one of her temples for a moment. "Alright, change of plans, we steal the car. They still can't go. And we can make it to the restaurant in time to stop the gas and bomb." She said, enunciating each word to combat her own disbelief.

Queth was going to be a hero. Something she had sworn to never be again. And for whatever reason, it made her rib cage itchy as hell.
DC- DC-TV-1

97 Posts
4 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

Ok so right, of course with this being Queaths home there would be more elves and…there was a good amount of racial segregation. Good to know.

“If ya say so sir.” Belle was raised right and he was older and a gentleman, he wanted to carry the bowling ball of destiny that was his beer.

Belle glanced back and forth between them, worrying her lower lip between her teeth; “Ok but how about this? Ya an’ him are way more skilled with things that end in violence. An’ ah’m better at..people.” She ended delicately avoiding calling out how bad with the ‘human’ side of things her friend was. “If we split up there’s no chance of fate or time messin’ with us an’ missin’ your family. Ah got the address, I’ll delay em an’ ya stop the attack.” While she chattered Belle was shifting through the pockets of the tac vest crowing in delight when she found zip ties.

A few quick motions and Steve’s time darkened shield was strapped to her back like she’d seen him wear, the long duster belted around her waist to hide her...state.

“How far away is it? Are there cabs? Belle figured as long as she didn’t have to pay in advance what happened after…well might matter less.

Helping Queath (probably unnecessarily) Belle half hugged her voice shifting to whisper quietly to the other woman- “Could you really pull your self away once you see them?” Her eyes darkened with compassion, because Belle doubted she would be strong enough in the same situation.

97 Posts
6 Threads
Moon

Queth shook her head slightly at the redhead's suggestion. Certainly she listened through- but the redhead as already forgetting the point that Queth had just made. "Belle." She started, holding a hand up for her attention. "The issue is that by being unable to understand the words I am saying, you will already be woefully unprepared for the area." Queth said softly in sperethiel- waiting for a moment to make certain that the other woman could comprehend the language barrier.

"By nature of being celé- which is- not an elf- you will not be able to make it to my parents home. It will be hard enough being accompanied by a goronagee- an elf not yet part of an elven group. But you will be able to get through with me- at the very least because I am the spitting image of my mother- and they'll be forced to reckon with her if they challenge my passage." She gave a small, attempted smile- in a hopes of putting the other woman at ease. "Even Arjay would have a hard time making it through- In fact- I don't know of any in the hub who would not be seen as exceptionally short around my people." Queth said with a vague hand wave at her own height.

She started strolling casually in the way her mind-map suggested following- hailing a cab with her connection to the matrix. "Also you have neither the magic nor the tech to operate in this universe. My tech is fifty two years advanced- but that's something I can happily dumb down for the era. The gunslinger has the required attitude- but you, lovely, are also entirely too excitable to pass for even a short elf. Few who reach their 50's would possess such energy."

Queth sighed slightly, even as she ran her fingers over the surface of the cab that pulled up for her- hacking the computer- the aperture on her right eye blinking shut for a brief moment before her mind split in the additional direction required to control the vehicle. Queth scrunched her nose slightly- having forgotten the feeling of being both a person and a car- with how long she had spent away from her home reality. The doors popped open with a click. She took a seat in the front- the door swinging shut behind her.

It occurred to her that it may seem to have an extraordinarily large amount of leg room to those not accustomed to folks of her stature- as they zipped through the streets.

"And Belle? Thank you. But I have no intention of seeing them." Queth murmured softly- even as her strategic thinking returned with the passing of her fear- and she sent off a message to her parents and family informing them all that she was ill and unable to meet.

And for dealing with the Queth of this time- She sent a message that would sadden her for the time being- but if somehow Queth's memories passed on to this new timeline- she would one day know why she had received it. The message was simple- her family stating that though they loved her, they could not make it to the celebration of her birthday. "If we are going to ignore the potential dramatic changes to the timeline- then we may as well go to the restaurant directly. There is no reason that a message that has all of my written quirks would be suspected by my family- and I myself am all too willing to believe that others can not make time for me, so I could have sent any message along those lines and I would have stayed home. "

Queth kept her eyes on the road ahead of them. A shame since if the others could see- they would be able to notice the colour of her right eye flickering.

103 Posts
7 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Mike

This part of the quest wasn’t Virgil’s part to decide. This wasn’t his world, and the common wisdom from those who passed into other worlds was to take their cues from the natives. Everything Queth suggested, Virgil took as the gospel truth. Oh, he might have his doubts about some bits of her reasoning, but he pushed those aside as the inconsequential nothings that they were. Besides… her plan made enough sense that he didn’t have any reason to argue. Stop the bomb, and it wouldn’t matter if her family still had their car.

The lack of a driver in the cab, and the way things opened automatically for Queth, made Virgil for the first time draw back into his mind, checking for the wireless signals that saturated this world. He could access it, he found, but making sense of it was an entirely different matter. Given a few days to test it out, he might have made some progress, but he didn’t have a few days, so he put it out of his mind. Queth knew how to handle it, she’d take care of that part of their mission, all he had to know was that it was a resource that was there for her to use.

“Tell us about the bombing,” he said. “What sort of bomb did they use? Strength, type of trigger, things like that. And the harriers that set it, tell us about them, too. How many, how well armed… do you know where they came from, can we catch them on the way? Maybe detonate that bomb early right on top of them if there’s a place that doesn’t have any bystanders to get hurt?” That would be, of course, the most simple manner to deal with them, but it was fairly unlikely to work. The likelihood of finding a place where it could be safely blown up was fairly slim, unless they knew where the hideout was that these harriers had brought it from.”

He looked at Belle, considering the woman. She didn’t strike him immediately with any useful talent for the fight ahead of them, but then again, hadn’t she been the one to turn the tide with Marten? The woman had a steel to her that she probably didn’t realize, just the fact that she was here instead of safe with the others spoke to that, and she was pushing her mind to the task, trying to find all of the little angles that they might be able to exploit.

He drew out one of his pistols, checked the firing mechanism, and looked over at Belle. “Are you any good with a gun, sai?” he asked, although he thought she probably took more after her brother than the loud friend he’d brought on the rescue.
DC- DC-TV-1

97 Posts
4 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

Belle blinked as Queath talked to her like she wasn’t speaking plain English. “If ya say so honey.” Like the cowboy she wasn’t gonna argue that hard when she was clearly the newcomer, Queath knew her world better than they could.

In Hub translation was taken as a matter of course, even if the very fabric didn’t work for what ever reason most folk had some sort of device.

….Which was why Belle had never had occasion to notice that she now understood all languages. The Ring in her finger allowed her communication with all souls.

She wasn’t sure if she was suppose to apologize for being short and...bouncy? Belle certainly hadn’t felt ‘excitable’ recently!

But honestly that wasn’t here or now, if nothing else her job was to keep Queath focused and if that meant being just a touch silly or bouncy she’d play that up to make her friend get through this whole. “I’m sorry sweetie.” Belle didn’t remember her parents, left behind as a newborn at a grocery store...she like every foster child wondered what it would be like to meet them...

“Ah ain’t near Queath but….ah can hit four outta five cans at 30 feet.” She was actually the more pragmatic of the siblings Belle took self defense, had learned how to shoot a gun and- “An’ ah can hold a shield with the best of em. Haven’t seen anything that can get through Steve’s shield so ah can cover ya.” Because yes she was comparatively useless but Belle refused to be purely baggage. She’d do anything she could to help and look for more ways to be useful. “Ah ain’t gonna kill ah man but ah ain’t got no qualms about making’ him need ta see a doctor damn urgent.” Her accent thicked under stress and Belle had had a bit of a day already.

97 Posts
6 Threads
Moon

Queth blinked- feeling like she had been hit by a wall- because Belle's reply was not the one of someone who had no idea what you were saying. "Alright." She replied slowly. "I have no idea how you came to understand Elvish- but if you can't speak it, you're still not on great ground. Is that at least a fair assessment?" Queth asked, genuinely uncertain- she almost always knew what was going on, and here and now she had no damn idea.

It did snap her a little to sense Virgil tapping in to the matrix. Which was... Interesting to say the least. Especially since she was pretty sure he was tapping directly into the connection that she was generating- most things in this time still relied on hard connections. Queth opened her mouth to ask about it when the prodding stopped. If he was going to stop splitting her attention yet another way, she didn't care to know how he was tapping in to the matrix with no visible tech.

She smirked at Belle's comment despite playing off her skill. "I basically equate to a smart turret so I don't think I should get all that much credit." Queth quipped, replying to that even though there was questions that had been asked that she needed to answer.

With a sigh, she turned around in her seat to face them. "But yes. The bomb. My memories are... Vague. What I can tell you is that it was largely contained to the restaurant and the buildings on either side- and that I believe it was set with a timer, meant for first responders. So. After the Gassing." She started quietly. "A lot of the damage done was caused by the building falling on people- myself included. The group that did it call themselves the 'Humanis Policlub' and they are glorified terrorists. White hoods and everything. Later they try to sell themselves as pro-human instead of anti-metahuman, but for now they don't even pretend to be anything but. They target the restaurant because it welcomes myself and other metas. Despite being able to prove this, no police force ever does anything to stop it."

Queth took a deep breath and forced her hands to loosen from the death grip they had on each other.

"And yes. We can set it off somewhere where there are no bystanders. They have a headquarters that is very easy to find."

103 Posts
7 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Mike

The fact that Belle could shoot was a point in her favor, and Virgil was about to offer her one of his pistols right up until she professed her refusal to kill anyone. Virgil might not be a bloodthirsty man, but when it came to killing, he was a practical man. You needed to be ready to do what had to be done in a situation, especially when it came to recognizing the need to end a life. That being taken into consideration, he would rather keep his gun where it could be counted on to end any problem that it had a chance to, namely in his hand. Instead, he reached into the pocket of his vest, drawing out the little scrimshaw turtle and holding it out to her. “In Mid-World, they call these Can-Tah, or little gods. Think of it as a path to a guardian spirit. It can hold people in thrall, help bend situations to your will. It might not be at its strongest here, but it will have a power in any world, we saw it break the hold of the fear back in the tower. Hold onto it, use it if we need it.”

The fact that Queth said the bomb only took out two buildings was promising in its way, it meant the bomb wasn’t extremely powerful, but it was still a bomb. “So there are two threats that we need to take care of, the gassing and the bomb. If we can remove the bomb, the gas isn’t as much of a problem anymore. I don’t suppose that calling the local sheriffs would do much to stop this, would it?” She had just said that these harriers had escaped the law without much effort, but maybe stopping a bomb would be pursued with more effort than punishing the bombers after the fact. “We have an advantage in that we know it’s going to happen, but time is still against us. How long do we have until it happens?”
DC- DC-TV-1

97 Posts
4 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

Well that was silly wasn’t it? Callin a language ‘elvish’ just Because a elf was speaking it! That was something Belle would bring up later. Much later when they weren’t in the middle of trying to save Queaths family, when she could tease the other woman.

Belle just nodded as the two planned, she wasn’t knowledgeable in these sort of tactics or experienced enough to venture much beyond- “If it’s small enough ta fit-“ she tapped the shield on her back. “Ah seen this contain explosives before.” The ‘white hoods’ brought a wave of second hand shame followed by righteous anger, her state didn’t exactly have the best reputation and Belle was going to do her bit to restore some balance.

“Can we like...pull a fire alarm? Ta get people out before the gas?”

97 Posts
6 Threads
Moon

Queth stared in silence at Virgil for a second before coming to her senses and shaking her head violently. "As far as I know, the bomb got me and a few others- the gas killed everyone in the restaurant. My family was dead before I got there." She explained quietly, seeing as the gunslinger seemed to have entirely the wrong picture of what the gas did.

Running her fingers self consciously through her hair, she bit her lip slightly. "There are no guarantees that the police would do anything- they've been privatized by this point, and they focus on the highest paying customers. They might, but we'd probably just be wasting our time."

Looking at Belle more, Queth shrugged. "Don't know how big the bomb is. The fire alarm... I don't know where it is. And it's a small restaurant so we'd probably be better off yelling." rubbing her forehead slightly, she tried to focus on the task at hand, not her memories of her family dying in pain.

"I think we have... Well we have two and a half hours until the bomb, I don't know when the gas goes off however."

103 Posts
7 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Mike

Well then, that painted a different picture of the situation, didn’t it? She’d said it was a bomb they needed to stop, but now? Virgil’s idea of gas just causing a restaurant full of unconscious people evaporated. “Not less of a threat then. All right… do you know how they gassed the restaurant? If we can stop the one doing that, we might be able to get the rest of what we need out of them. These are men who attack with gas and bombs instead of confronting their target directly… they might not have the will to keep their silence.” And, of course, there was the turtle to contend with, if it came to that. For that matter, that might be how they got the building evacuated, too. He’d prefer to get the local sheriffs on the task with it, but that was a task that had too much of a time investment, he was savvy enough to know that, at least.

“Stop the gas, get the people out,” Virgil suggested. “I don’t know about either of you, but if I’m going to fail to stop a bomb, I’d rather fail to stop it blowing up an empty building than a full one.”
DC- DC-TV-1

97 Posts
4 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

Belle had taken the small turtle frowning slightly at his description, she was a good monotheist so the ‘small gods’ rhetoric didn’t sit perfectly well with her. Guardian Spirit worked far better.

“Thank ya.” Her momma had brought her up to be polite and it was at this point Belle realized that they had never been introduced. “Belle, Belle Street. Mr-?” She smiled invitingly, taking the half second to bow to good manners and take the pressure off Queath for just a moment so she could compose herself.

“Right!” Belle nodded firmly. “So two hours an’ we are there soonish? Which gives us time ta make a scene.” Belle smiled winningly. “Let’s try a few things? Call in a bomb threat ta the owners anonymously. Ya an Queath go do bad things ta that hide out Queath knows about while ah make sure one way or the other the restaurant empties out?” Belle offered the plan hoping they had a better one.