Thread Contributor: PythiaWhere Worlds Meet
Doctor who-DWU

12 Posts
3 Threads
Job: Timelord
Ship Status: Single?
Sexual Orientation: Pan
Nyte

The first thing that Pythia always noticed about a new place, about any place really, was the stars. She stepped out of the smooth, silver-white Tardis, the doors sliding closed automatically behind her and looked up. And quite immediately frowned. She knew the stars well; and this was… Well, it was different, that was for certain. Where, exactly, had her ship taken her?

One of the biggest problems with exploring the universe and beyond with a living ship was that sometimes it made decisions without telling you. First things first, she reached into a pocket and pulled out a small device, pressing one of the buttons on it, eliciting a soft sound that varied in pitch and frequency before shaking her head in the nearest thing to wonderment that she ever really came.

Fascinating.

Turning back to the ship, she clucked her tongue and pointed her finger at it before she turned and began to walk down the road here until she came across a woman. She made sure the woman was looking up, in her direction before she flicked her fingers toward the air, words appearing there.

Excuse me. What do you call this place?
Harry Potter-Main series

39 Posts
6 Threads
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Katie

All Accounts Posts: 907
Ophelia was walking along a pleasant pathway in the Hub, not with any particular goal in mind but simply because she wanted to see what was there and who she might meet. So far she'd seen all sorts of interesting things and met all sorts of interesting people.

The Hub was full of many wonderful and strange sights, and a silver haired woman who 'spoke' by making words appear in the air was not, in all honesty, even in the top five. But she seemed interesting, and, more to the point, this was Ophelia's first opportunity to get to welcome a newcomer to the Hub, which was a bit exciting as well. "Yes, this place is called 'the Hub'. Its a sort of nexus between worlds. Its terribly exciting." she said, smiling at the woman in friendly fashion.
Doctor who-DWU

12 Posts
3 Threads
Nyte

Well okay then. Pythia settled her nearly shining silvery eyes on the woman, the glow within them cool and distant as time often tended to be, and watched as the timeline of this woman stretched out before her in both directions; birth, life, death and all of the in between, it was all there, even if Pythia didn’t specifically look or take notice of it.

Amazing what lifetimes of experience could teach you to ignore.

The woman seemed rather excited and worked up about this place, which granted, was fascinating, truly it was, but this wasn’t the first interdimensional nexus Pythia had come across, and it wasn’t likely to be the last.

Idly, she wondered if this would be a quick and dirty way to get back to…

That sort of thinking just wouldn’t do, now would it? She couldn’t go back there. If she did, she might never leave. Or they might not let her stay.

She wasn’t entirely sure which would be worse.

Yes, you have the right idea. And an appropriate name as well.

Pythia’s expression remained neutral, but there was the slightest twist upwards of her lips, more an indication of a smile than an actual one. She motioned for the woman, a request to walk with her, and once again flicked her fingers into the air, the words forming at the speed of thought where Ophelia would be able to easily read them.

What world do you originate from? Have you visited any others?

The words floated in the air, visible to Ophelia, their shape and color indicated a calm and quiet tone, meant to show interest and to be pleasant.
Harry Potter-Main series

39 Posts
6 Threads
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Katie

Ophelia had been hoping that the woman would be a little more impressed, but she'd clearly been somewhere similar before. "I take it you've seen something similar?" she asked, with a slight smile of her own. The question was rendered moot, rather, when the woman inquired as to Ophelia's origins.

"Earth, its called. One of them, at least. There are people here from a number of different versions of Earth, some of them are like my Earth, others are quite different to it. I haven't visited any other worlds yet, at least I don't think I have-I'm told that sometimes it can be a bit hard to spot when you go through a portal-but right now I'm spending most of my time exploring the Hub itself. What about yourself?" she asked, wanting to keep the conversation going.
Doctor who-DWU

12 Posts
3 Threads
Nyte

Interdimensional pockets in space that branched outwards into multiple (upwards into the hundreds or even thousands at a time in this case it seemed) dimensions and universes were actually fairly impressive when you stopped to consider it. And Pythia had stopped to consider it. Flicking her fingers again, she gave the barest hint of lifting her shoulders and dropping them again.

I have. That doesn’t make this place any less even if it is not entirely unique. These places fascinate me.

Earth. Pythia nearly sighed at the simplistic answer. Yes, the woman was human, and dependent on the universe and point in time she originated from, that would mean she was from Earth. What Pythia was curious about was which version of Earth.

I am from a planet called Gallifrey. I am familiar with Earth. I wonder which Earth you hail from. I have been to the planet in my own dimension. It was a sweet little world. A bit backwater, but learning, and swiftly.

Ophelia was holding Pythia’s attention quite well. The Timelord might be brusque, but she was interested in the people here.

I believe I will stay here for now. The city, and the people, are interesting. What have you found during your time spent here?
Harry Potter-Main series

39 Posts
6 Threads
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Katie

"I've never even heard of Gallifrey." Ophelia replied "Or met anyone from another planet, come to that. I'm from one of the versions of Earth with witches and wizards in, although I'm not sure if that is uncommon, or if its more that most of the people here seem to be Muggles-that is the word we use for people who can't do magic" she added, by way of explanation "and the wizarding folk on their world do a good job of maintaining the Statute of Secrecy." she didn't reply to the rest, since she had no notion of how her world would compare to the one that Pythia had seen, or if there was a way to compare them.

"I've found a number of interesting things. There is a bazaar that is filled with goods from a thousand worlds, some of them are magical, and the style of magic is totally different to anything that my world has. I've met a wizard who specializes in enchanting mechanical objects, and an elf, quite a tall one, and rather good looking, not at all like the ones in my world who has an inn that is inside of the largest tree I've ever seen. I'm staying there, and the rooms are quite nice, if you need a place to stay."
Doctor who-DWU

12 Posts
3 Threads
Nyte

Of course you have not heard of Gallifrey, most humans haven't.

It really wasn't surprising that this woman had never heard of her home planet, it wasn't just 2 minutes would never heard of Gallifrey or the time Lords, there were many civilizations in the universe who hadn't heard of them. Of course that number was slowly dwindling, what was all of the recent hullabaloo to have been going on recently.

Pythia blamed the Doctor for that.

Before he had gone to Earth, there were no humans who had known about the time Lords at least not in this point in the timeline. Now that wasn't as true.

Ah well, nothing to be done for it. (Well, perhaps there could have been something done for it, but nothing Pythia was particularly willing to do.)

Magic. Yes, she supposed that in some universes and dimensions, that was a thing. Less so in her own, though it waxed and waned, and there was no definitive proof that it didn’t exist.

Fascinating. I believe I shall like to meet these people and see this bazaar. The way a place deals with trade and business is always a very good way to understand the society and its motives.

She didn’t need a place to stay as in to sleep; she had her Tardis for that. But she would need a place to stay as in to spend her time, and a tavern in a tree sounded like a rather place to do so.

Thank you. I think I will sleep in my ship, but it will be rather pleasant to have a place to socialize. You stay there, it is a good place for this?