Marvel Comics-Avengers Academy

18 Posts
2 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Mike

All Accounts Posts: 308
Amora the Enchantress had hit the proverbial jackpot, she decided.

The Hub had been quite an interesting little place to come when she’d found the portal. Tony’s silly little experiments were often amusing, but this one had been legitimately useful. Oh, she’d been skeptical at first, the little portal he’d made had just led to another part of the city, it had seemed, but after wandering through the monotonous city and eventually finding another city that shouldn’t be there? Then wandering even further and finding other worlds reflected in that delightfully malleable landscape? She’d spent two days in an ancient Roman revel in one particular slice of the Hub before she’d gotten bored and wandered off to find more people. Real people, whom she could really influence. And, with that being what she wanted, she’d ended up in this little center of the Hub where all the real people seemed to gather and mingle.

Yes, Tony had done well this time. When she decided to return, she’d have to make sure to reward him with some time in the hot tub. If this was the level of effort he put in when he was trying to impress her, well… she wanted to give him reason to be impressed.

She perused the quaint little market, only giving a token indication of how beneath her this place was, until she decided that she was thirsty. At this point, not knowing the area began to work against her, because in this more fixed area of this marvelously entertaining land, she had no idea which of the bars were good. She was forced to resort to using her first impressions, which of course, led her to the one that appeared to have been named for her in particular. The Green Goddess? Well, it seemed somewhat fitting, at least, she was always in green. Yes, this place would do.

The Enchantress sashayed into the bar, approaching the bar with a coy smile as she took a seat directly in front of a bartender that reminded her a bit of Drax. “Hello, darling. Could you pour a glass of your best wine for a thirsty goddess?” she asked, her eyes flashing as she wove her spell over him. It wouldn’t do for her to actually pay for a drink, now, would it? As he hurried to comply for his new mistress-for-the-moment, Amora peered around the room, looking at all of the adorable displays of lesser beauty that were apparently meant to draw people in. All in all, it wasn't bad. For mortals, the girls were lovely enough, and they did create an atmosphere that Amora could appreciate. Yes, she decided, she'd allow the name to remain, and might even decide to bestow her presence upon them more often (which she hoped they had the sense to thank her for).
Star Trek-AOS

205 Posts
8 Threads
Job:
Ship Status: Single
Sexual Orientation: Heterosexual
Katie

All Accounts Posts: 432
Jaya was sitting at one corner of the bar, watching the club, and the behavior of the patrons. She noted with some satisfaction that a large number of the patrons were "real people", which was good, since this would give her greater access to information, which was the true currency of the Hub.
The staff, of course, were entirely copies of the people who worked in her family's club on Vertex III, most of them her relatives. It wasn't quite the same as being at home, of course, but it was still pleasant. And, she reflected, she was unlikely to have so many of her sisters about her, since the oldest three were travelling the galaxy with their owners.

Shenoticed the lovely woman enter the bar, and at first thought that she was Terran. But then she noticed the effect that the woman had on the bartender, a copy of her uncle Nimar, as it happened. It was almost, but not quite, the way he'd act under the influence of pheromones, which was interesting. And indicated that the woman wasn't the simple Terran she appeared to be. What was she then? And why was she here? Gracefully, Jaya stood, and walked over to find out.

"Welcome to our humble club." Jaya said with a smile. Playing hostess was a familiar role, even it still felt a bit odd to acknowledge publicly that she was the one running the place. At home, her father and uncle ran the "front of house" operations, as was suitable for males working in the family business. But this was a different place, with different rules, and Jaya was nothing if not adaptable. "I'm Jaya." she added, as the bartender dropped off the glass of wine for the guest, and a glass of sparkling water for herself. Jaya didn't indulge in intoxicants when she was working. "Are you here for business, or simply for pleasure?" Either was possible, and either could be accommodated. Jaya had been considering adding employees from other universes, to cater to a variety of tastes, and if the woman wanted to be an independent contractor, well, that was fine, assuming she would give Jaya a reasonable cut.

18 Posts
2 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Mike

Amora was rapidly growing aware of the fact that this establishment was not, in fact, the ‘solid’ place that she’d thought it was. She wasn’t going to acknowledge that fact, of course, she’d obviously meant to come into this specific establishment rather than the others she’d been looking at. It wasn’t like she’d become enamored with the name and hurried in before she’d checked which side of the street it was on. Obviously, she had a specific reason that she’d felt like coming into this place.

Naturally, though, one of the little people was coming over to bask in her company. This one was real, and she was pretty enough, though very monochromatic. She also apparently couldn’t handle her alcohol, or else couldn’t afford to have its cost deducted from her wages, because as she sipped her drink, Amora didn’t sense any sort of intoxication in her, and Amora knew intoxication. On the woman’s statement that the club was humble, Amora looked about a bit, answering with a ‘well, what can you do?’ shrug. She returned her attention to the woman as she sipped the odd wine, which unlike any Amora had had before, was blue. When the woman said that she was Jaya, Amora smiled indulgently, patting the woman’s cheek. “Of course you are,” she said, like one would say to a particularly clever child.

Her question, though, was odd. Business or pleasure? That was an odd choice of words for a club. Wasn’t pleasure their business? Still, she couldn’t say that she expected to be particularly pleased this time, so she simply shrugged and took another sip. “Business, I suppose? My name is Amora. You may call me Enchantress.”
Star Trek-AOS

205 Posts
8 Threads
Job:
Katie

Jaya had learned, through years of careful practice, to conceal her thoughts and feelings, and her bright, professional smile didn't falter as the other woman tacitly insulted her club, and made what she assumed was a insulting remark about her name. Jaya doubted that the woman knew about the Orion flower that she shared a name with, but perhaps 'jaya' meant something else in her language.
Still, her condescending manner could be an insult, or the opening salvo in a take over attempt, or it could simply be the bravado of a young woman who was alone and far away from home. With that in mind, Jaya decided to deal with her kindly, and not simply have the woman removed before she started to make trouble.

"Excellent." Jaya said, her tone becoming more businesslike. "It will be useful to have someone else around who can influence the males, they're easier to control that way. I assume that you are not from Earth? Do you know if your anatomy is compatible with male Terrans? Most of the 'real' people seem to be from Earth, or at least they have reproductive organs that are compatible with Terrans. If you aren't it isn't a problem, but its best to know up front, so your services can be marketed properly. Its up to you if you want to work as a employee or as an independent contractor. If you're employed directly, you get to keep half of your fee, and you get room and board. If you stay independent, I will ask for a modest twenty-five percent. In either case, I will expect you to pass along any information you learn from your clients, and introduce me to any of them who come from a place with interstellar travel. Oh, and no outside sales of intoxicants, although if you know of any that would sell well, please inform me and we will see about adding them. Does that sound acceptable, Amora?"

18 Posts
2 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Mike

What on earth was this woman prattling on about? She came in for a drink, this woman comes over and addresses her like she were some sort of equal, and then… What, exactly, had ‘business’ meant? That appeared to be the biggest disconnect here. The strangeness of the turn of conversation was great enough that Amora had not immediately followed what she’d said, and by the time she caught up, the damning words were already out. Amora’s eyes darted sharply around the club, this club that she had intentionaly come to, and had completely understood when she’d decided that it could benefit by her presence (which was how she was always going to tell it, naturally).

“I am an Asgardian goddess,” Amora hissed. “I have been worshipped and adored, have had wars fought in my name. I have listened to kings and gods whimper and beg for my affections. I don’t meekly submit myself for some peddler of miscolored flesh as part of her mostly-imaginary harem.” The matter of her being far too mighty to be employed by someone as common as Jaya dealt with, she addressed the matter of occupation, opening the discussion by slapping the seaweed-colored slut. “And I am not a whore for your brothel. Suggest as much again and I’ll turn you into a toad.” She eyed the other woman up and down like one might look over a particularly filthy looking rodent. “Evolutionary regression spells are simple, and this would probably only need to be a very slight change.”
Star Trek-AOS

205 Posts
8 Threads
Job:
Katie

Jaya let out a hiss of rage when the strange woman slapped her. She didn't respond to the attack physically, that was what males were for, after all, but that didn't mean that she was going to tolerate the attack. "I have offered you no insult." Jaya shot back "I merely thought to offer you some sort of useful occupation. I assumed, when I saw your powers, that you might have a more reasonable attitude about coupling. But I see now that you are as narrow minded and ignorant as any common human. I suppose that is to be expected, since you resemble them so closely, and are so very, very old."

She paused a moment for breath, and then continued, glaring at the other woman "But you have seen fit to offer me, my profession, and my entire species insult. You may pay for your drink, and you may leave. If you want to return in the future, you may come here to drink, but you will not be permitted to copulate with any of the beings here, real or not. And you will not be permitted to conduct any business here, nor to attempt to make anyone here a servant of yours. Do you have any questions, Amora?"

18 Posts
2 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Mike

“And yet, for being so old, I’ve apparently aged better than you have, Madame.” The capital M was almost audible, it clearly wasn’t a pleasantry the way that Amora was saying it. “If and when I couple, it is for my benefit and my benefit only, not to put coin into the purse of the ‘owner’ of a house of no repute. Do you even have any living whores, or are they all as much your fantasy as this building is?”

As Jaya attempted to lay the law down on Amora, Amora sipped the wine with a mirthful smile, apparently greatly entertained by this part of the exchange. “I’m sorry, darling, but for having such disdain for the humans, you certainly do your business like them. Generally, you’re supposed to wait until after I’ve left and refused to pay for an imaginary drink before you start making it seem like you aren’t allowing me to return rather than your little fantasy being utterly beneath my notice. Humans are so cute when they do that, too, like when they’ll go on about how they fired the person who just poured their drink all over their employer and told him to go rut with a cow as he quit. Let me tell you a little secret, precious…” She leaned closer and stage-whispered. “I don’t just enthrall men. If I wanted, you’d be scraping at my feet along with the rest of your imaginary harem girls. The fact that you’re not only has one possible meaning.” She smirked, finishing off the wine and setting the glass down. “That you’re entirely too trivial for me to waste the magic on you.”

She stood, stretching, obviously taking her time and not feeling a particular reason to hurry out of the premises. “Oh, and that dress? So not your color. I doubt anything is, though, perhaps you should just wear less, people might forgive the fashion mistakes more readily then.”
Star Trek-AOS

205 Posts
8 Threads
Job:
Katie

And here it was, again. The assumption that there was something inherently unsavory about her family's club, about who she was and what she did. It might have bothered a less secure woman, but Jaya knew who and what she was, and took pride in it. The fact that this 'Asgardian' woman, whatever that was, would think that acknowledging that she was the senior female at the establishment was an insult. Well, all she could do was laugh. "Oh, so you look young because you haven't learned anything from all your years." she said "So I very much doubt that anyone other than you could possibly benefit from your attempts at rutting. Now, since this club isn't up to your ever so high standards, why don't you make life more pleasant for both of us and leave?" she waved at Amora in a 'shooing' gesture. "Then you can tell everyone how you put me in my place, and how incredibly superior you are to everyone in the universe. Or whatever sad fantasies you whisper to your pillow at night."

"Dear, when I need fashion advice, I won't ask it from you. And at least my skin is worth showing. Unlike you, who try to hide it as much as you possibly can. I mean, I can understand it. Such an unfortunate color, I can see why you try to cover it up with a more attractive color." pointedly, she looked at the lovely green of Amora's dress.