Fandoms: All

Canons: Open/Oc's Welcome!

Bans: Howard the Duck,
RPF* Real Person Fiction; IE Apping an actual celebrity

Main Rule:Don't Be a Dick

OOC min age:18

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thread Contributor: JayaIf "if's" and "and's" were pots and pans....
Star Trek-AOS

319 Posts
18 Threads
Job:
Ship Status: Single
Sexual Orientation: Heterosexual
Katie

All Accounts Posts: 914
"We'll talk once we're in my office." was all Jaya said in response to Nala's comment, and quickly lead her her cousin down the hall to that room.

Once they were inside, Jaya shut the door and looked at her cousin, distress obvious in her manner. "Nala, what are we going to do with him?" she asked, clearly talking about Taarus "He's obviously fixated on you, and we can't afford to let him go, he's too valuable of an asset. I know that you're attached to Kaalth, and I'm not asking you to give that up, but...." this situation was complicated, and she wasn't eager to give up her own freedom in order to secure Taarus's loyalty.
Star Trek-AOS

103 Posts
7 Threads
Job: Orion Slave
Ship Status: In a ship! (Kala? Naalth? idk)
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Moon

All Accounts Posts: 801
Nala bit her bottom lip slightly in thought. Her gaze snapped up to her cousin at the comment about Kaalth. "Truly cousin- you must come to a decision- first you're desperate to set me up with Kaalth- now you want me to dump Kaalth in order to secure Taarus- I am the only of the Orion females in this building who is in a proper relationship- so why must it be I?" She added- more venomously than she had intended. "Regardless of fixation, all three of us are trained in breaking such obsessions- I know you and Padma are also quite capable of doing so."

Nala shifted slightly where she sat- momentarily surprising herself by the bag she had forgotten, tied to her waist. She sat the pouch of jewelry in her lap and examined the contents- heart leaping for a moment when she saw the lovely golden comb in the pile. Pulling it from the pile she placed the rest of the sack on her cousin's desk. "And- something else I wish to deal with. I wish to purchase part of the club from you cousin. I would estimate that this ought to be worth a quarter of the business- approximately."
Star Trek-AOS

319 Posts
18 Threads
Job:
Katie

Jaya winced a bit. Nala had a point, to be sure, but at the same time... "Taarus is interested in you, not in me or Padma." she replied "Padma isn't family, not really, so that would give us a lesser hold over Taarus. Besides, I didn't say that you had to give Kaalth up immediately. But honestly, all he needs is a woman to tell him what to do and pat him on the head when he's been good, and Padma can handle that. But if you'd prefer, I will try to seduce Taarus, if you don't mind me taking such a fine specimen of manhood away from you, of course." not that she'd do more than encourage Taarus to court her, and a courtship could be spun out for some time. But that was something to worry about later, once she and Nala had worked things out. Some part of her was rebelling against this, although she'd known that Remy was a diversion, she'd hoped that she'd keep him for longer than this. Remy aside, she wasn't at all certain she wanted Taarus-yes, she wanted a modern, capable man, but she wasn't at all certain she wanted a agent. There was such a thing as too modern after all.

"That should be sufficient to get you 20%." Jaya said, looking at the gold "Is that acceptable to you, cousin?" she'd intended to welcome Nala as an equal partner, eventually anyway, although she did have to admit that on some level she'd enjoyed the slight superiority she gained from being the sole owner. Nala was elder to her, and thus had a claim to being the senior woman here, a rank Jaya would be content to share with Nala, but she didn't want to become Nala's second.
Star Trek-AOS

103 Posts
7 Threads
Moon

Nala tapped her fingers thoughtfully- her cousin was obviously trying to prod her into a reaction- something that would fail, unfortunately for Jaya.

Focusing first on the matter of buying part of the club, she shot her cousin a playful glare- they both knew that the pile of gold was worth more than that- but it was up to Jaya to set the pricing, so Nala would hardly argue. Besides- as Nala would now own part of the building- it was good to know that it would be harder for others to afford the amount required to buy shares. Instead, she held up a finger indicating her cousin to give her a moment- before ducking out the door and retrieving the simple wooden box she had been keeping her tips in. Setting it beside the pile already on the desk, she flipped the lid open. "I think you'll agree that the two combined should be worth the quarter I am asking for."

Sitting back down, she readdressed the topic of the new agent in the building. "I didn't say you were suggesting I do so immediately- but... I like Kaalth and I don't want to make the choice right now about whether or not that's going to last. To string Taarus along more than necessary will just leave him bitter if I choose Kaalth- and Kaalth bitter if I chose Taarus. Hell cousin- I got angry about being lied to- and Kaalth tried to leave the business. Me seducing him will just leave us with one of them going." She offered, thinking aloud. "If you don't wish to seduce him either- You do have sisters. Two of whom are agents of the syndicate and could be brought through if we can prove that the Club is doing well enough. Starting perhaps- with arranging an opportunity to set up another location in one of the other universes. Perhaps the one that the musical elf comes from?" Nala mused, trying to solve the problem at hand.
Star Trek-AOS

319 Posts
18 Threads
Job:
Katie

Jaya looked at the box, and at the pile of gold, and knew that Nala had out-flanked her "Fine, 25% it is, Nala." she said, her grin only a bit rueful. "We can draw up the papers in a bit, if you don't mind waiting." since they did have more pressing things to discuss.

"I suppose you're right about that." Jaya replied "Fine, you won't be the one to seduce Taarus. Maybe we'll get lucky, and he'll fixate on Padma. If not I'll do it its just.." she trailed off, not wanting to discuss her attachment to Remy. " I'm not certain that I can get one of my sisters sent here, the Syndicate just sent Padma, but we can try." she looked at Nala thoughtfully "Arjay's world is on the list of possible places for infiltration, but I'm not certain its a good choice. He seems to think of the Green Goddess as a rival to his establishment."
Star Trek-AOS

103 Posts
7 Threads
Moon

Nala nodded agreeably. "Of course Cousin- I simply wished to have this conversation with the actual value of being a part owner- I know it changes nothing for you- but it means something to me." She crossed her legs and leaned forward as she thought.

"We do have time to come to a decision- let him settle first. For all we know, he may report to the syndicate and this will all be futile if they order him to return to his post." Nala could pick up on her cousin's hesitation- it wasn't hard to spot- and... well. Nala paid attention- she knew about her cousin's terran.

She lowered her voice to a soft tone that no one outside the room would be able to hear. "It's alright Jaya- no one will think less of you if you have other attachments that stop you from wishing to seduce him yourself- just- don't ask me to do something when you should understand best why I don't want to." Nala explained- letting that comment sit. She would be first to admit that she didn't understand the appeal- Jaya's Terran smelled- admittedly stronger than most of his kind- but blander than any Orion male she had met. Simply because the scent wasn't strong enough to pick out the hints of his personality in, like she could scent weapons on Taarus, and stones and warmth on Kaalth.

"Do you not think he'd have an interest if we could get him involved in the profit of the original venture into his world? We don't even need to give him control over the affairs- but certainly he wouldn't be against honest business- that wasn't competition but rather, a combined venture."
Star Trek-AOS

319 Posts
18 Threads
Job:
Katie

"That is a valid point." Jaya replied "I would like to retain his services, but its also true that the Syndicate may decide to pull him back. When Nala spoke sympathetically, Jaya couldn't help but glare at her cousin "I know my duty and my responsibilities, and I won't let my feelings get in the way of that, Nala." Jaya replied "I know that as much as I might wish it were otherwise, any attachment to a....I know that I will have to find an appropriate relationship, as you have."

"I don't know him well enough to say, but I don't think that he'd be welcome to the idea of a partnership, based on the statements I'm aware of him making regarding the club. I think it might be best to look at one of the Terran portals, there are a few of them where non Terrans are present, or where we could be passed off as members of a subspecies."
Star Trek-AOS

103 Posts
7 Threads
Moon

Ignoring her cousin's other musings, she stood up and glared back before crossing over and standing in her face. "Cousin- there is such a thing as living for yourself. You don't have to give up everything for the Syndicate- even if both of us were spinsters- our family is large enough it wouldn't change much. What are you so afraid of?" She said, attempting to come across as sympathetic but likely sounding impatient.

Continuing her tirade she turned on her heel to start pacing. "And you could easily pay your father your bride price if he insisted- but anyone who is marrying you would be marrying into the family- not taking you away so from the get go you won't have a normal relationship. Hell- my 'proper' relationship is with a man who most wouldn't consider an 'ideal' partner." Stopping with a huff she turned back to her cousin. "Screw the syndicate- we give our lives for them- sometimes literally- you shouldn't give up your happiness for them."

Nala finished her rather long statement by sitting back down in her chair and waiting for a reply.
Star Trek-AOS

319 Posts
18 Threads
Job:
Katie

"I'm not speaking of giving everything up for the Syndicate." Jaya replied "Even though you and I both know that sometimes that is a price that has to be paid. I'm talking about being willing and able to do my duty, not just to the Syndicate, but to myself. I want this to be a success, and that will most likely mean forming a long term partnership with a well connected male, most probably a Terran. That is more important than any silly, trivial and ultimately temporary attachments that I might have to any particular Terrans. Especially since-Remy regards me as a diversion, you know that. And even if he wanted to court me, do I really need to list all the reasons why it would be quite impossible?" as Jaya spoke she sounded more than a bit irritated, but more at the situation than at Nala.
Star Trek-AOS

103 Posts
7 Threads
Moon

Nala sat down and waited quietly for her cousin to finish ranting- her mind filling with counter points. Her own relationship had very little in the way of benefits for the syndicate- save for perhaps one day providing natural born children- which was still far enough off that she was trying not to think about it. Nala was enjoying being with Kaalth- but it did feel a little like trying to stop a shuttle by holding to the back and dragging your feet. Which is to say that it was moving very quickly and she was occasionally struck by bouts of anxiety about that.

When her cousin finished speaking, Nala waited for a moment to make certain the tirade wasn't going to continue before giving a simple reply. "Do you want sympathy- or logical argument?"
Star Trek-AOS

319 Posts
18 Threads
Job:
Katie

Jaya knew that Kaalth would bring few advantages to the Orion Syndicate, but that was different. Nala had been sold several times, and had completed all of her assignments very well, and had proven herself. She was at the point in her life when Orion women usually married, and Kaalth would be a good husband. Since Nala would be staying in the Hub, it wasn't as thought Kaalth's deficits would be a problem, which they would have been if Nala would have had to be sent out on missions. And Kaalth at least would be able to give Nala children, and providing the family with a new generation was an important thing.

"I don't know." Jaya admitted with a sigh. "Either? Both?"
Star Trek-AOS

103 Posts
7 Threads
Moon

Nala stood up again and crossed to her cousin- pulling her into a hug. "Jaya." She started, rubbing the back of her younger kin in a soothing manner. "Everything will work out- one way or another." She murmured, before pulling back but leaving her arms loosely around the other woman.

It was easy to forget sometimes, just how new Jaya was to this- But sometimes Nala could almost feel the age gap between them, manifesting in the difference in real life experience. "As for logical argument- Jaya, you know as well as I that whenever a syndicate agent is lost- that is a child losing a parent. You may never have natural children with Remy- but there are plenty of Orions who need homes- and you'd be doing the Syndicate a service by taking some of them in. As for Remy himself- with his powers, Remy is an asset unlike any other that the Syndicate could hope to acquire. If he was willing to submit to testing- they may even be able to reverse engineer his mutation- and in doing so create an entirely new set of covert weaponry. That knowledge would be immeasurably valuable. He's also a potential in for getting set up in a new world." She explained, leaving out half of the things she had come up with to focus solely on the ones she felt most promising.

"And as for him not caring for you- Cousin, you may be blind to your own charms, but he is most assuredly not. And even if it is little more than a fascination now- if you care for him, then win him over. Even without resorting to less savory methods, we both know you're capable of it. If he resists that- well. At least you tried. You gave it a shot- and you won't regret not taking your chance."
Star Trek-AOS

319 Posts
18 Threads
Job:
Katie

"I'm not worried about the fact that being with Remy would mean that I have to adopt." Jaya replied. Because what Nala was saying was true. Most of the time when an Orion Slave Girl died in the field she had family who could raise her children, but that wasn't always the case, and so there were always orphans who needed a family. "I'm worried that no matter how I try to sell it to the Syndicate that the women who are supervising this operation will decide that Remy isn't worth setting up a long term relationship with. Besides, he's a Terran. The number of Terrans who have actually been brought into the Syndicate can be counted on one hand-the rest are just marks and dupes and tools." she sighed "Besides, Remy is loyal to his Guild and to his family. I'm not sure that it would be possible to flip him. Not without influencing him more than-" she laughed bitterly "You see the problem. My judgement is compromised when it comes to Remy-if I was willing to treat him like a mark I could have him flipped inside of two weeks and he'd be sitting in a lab in Orion Prime getting his genes scanned. Or he'd be helping to get some Dancing Girls established in a new universe, free of charge and no questions asked. But I'm the one pushing for handling him delicately, and I want to say that its because I think that the Thieve's Guild will be more useful as an ally and a partner than a tool. And I do think that. But the truth of it-the truth of it is that I don't want to use Remy like that." she spoke quickly, desperately, almost like she was asking for absolution from the thoughts that had been bothering her for weeks.

"Remy was married once before." Jaya said "it ended badly, and got him exiled to the Hub, and since then he hasn't wanted more than a good time with anyone. He enjoys my company, and yes, he finds me charming, and if I start to hint that I want more, he'll be gone so fast you'd think he'd used a transporter to escape. If I let things stay as they are, at least I'll have him awhile longer. Until the Syndicate decides who's mistress I'm going to be."
Star Trek-AOS

103 Posts
7 Threads
Moon

Nala sighed and stood up again, straightening her wrap and undoing the few tangles her hair had acquired from the day. Once that was done, she walked the few steps to her cousin. "Even if they don't think it's worth it Cousin- I have already proven my worth to the Syndicate- and have my mother's sacrifice as added weight- you know I will fight for your happiness. Even when you annoy me relentlessly." She started soothingly, placing her hands on her cousin's shoulders.

"And you have more to you than your ability to flip a target. For one thing- a pretty impressive mind- and a- somewhat surprising- heart of gold. Or at least of silver." Nala stroked her cousin's hair. "But it sounds an awful lot like something you don't want to deal with at the moment. So for now- let's say- just try not to make any rash decisions, and we'll handle everything as it comes." She murmured before taking her cousin's hand.

"and for now- Let's go get completely plastered to celebrate our new business partnership."