Fandoms: All

Canons: Open/Oc's Welcome!

Bans: Howard the Duck,
RPF* Real Person Fiction; IE Apping an actual celebrity

Main Rule:Don't Be a Dick

OOC min age:18

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thread Contributor: JayaIf Wishes Were Horses....
Star Trek-AOS

98 Posts
6 Threads
Job: Orion Slave
Ship Status: In a ship! (Kala? Naalth? idk)
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Moon

All Accounts Posts: 595
Somehow the two men were being a semblance of civil- and Nala could not be more relieved. She didn't know enough about Taarus to predict his reactions- and she did know that Kaalth was prone to low self esteem- something that could be volatile if not violent. Quietly thanking the Goddess when her cousin suggested leaving, Nala nodded and turned to Kaalth. "Make sure to introduce him to my father and Padma as well before you head off to the market- I don't imagine either one will focus well on work if they can scent a stranger in their living quarters." Glancing at Taarus out of the corner of her eye- and noting that he was looking around the room rather than focusing on her at the moment- She stood on her toes and pressed a quick kiss against Kaalth's mouth before backing away.

Finally leaving his embrace, Nala smiled at him as she turned to follow her cousin- pausing only to address her new follower. "If you need to get in contact with me or my cousin- I'll be on my shift when you get back- and Kaalth can help you find Jaya if you need her and- Welcome Taarus." She said softly, flashing him a bright grin before trailing Jaya into her office and sitting with a small exhale of relief.

"So. That happened." Nala managed with a bit of shock evident in her voice. "Thank you Cousin- for going along with setting Taarus up as a bouncer- I have to admit I was sort of at a loss for something else to do."
Star Trek-AOS

125 Posts
9 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Star Trek

All Accounts Posts: 896
Kaalth kissed Nala back, smiling as he thought about her instructions to introduce Taarus to Ruvet and Padma. That was the obvious solution to his problems. Padma was lovely, and appealing, and surely she would want to entice the newcomer, removing any chance that Taarus would be interested in Nala. Even if the card Nala had drawn had brought the man here.

"This is the main floor of the club." Kaalth said, a gesture encompassing the room "storage room is behind the bar. I know Jaya said you'd be bouncing, but you'll probably end up spending some time making sure stuff stays stocked, especially when we're busy, so I'll show you that." he lead Taarus over to the bar, explaining what liquor was kept where, and then doing the same in the storage room. Taking a moment to introduce Taarus to Mario, who was filling in at the bar at the moment.
Star Trek-AOS

22 Posts
1 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Mike

All Accounts Posts: 737
Spending time doing stock? No. No, actually, Taarus was pretty sure he'd have more important things to do when he wasn't busy, but he didn't say a thing about it. Soldiers fought and guarded, maids cleaned and sorted, that was how it was. On the other hand, having a knowledge of the mundane items they had in stock was a pretty good idea. If weapons were needed, knowing where the bar kept its knives could be useful, after all. If there was any menial labor to do, he'd probably make this fat Terran that Kaalth called Mario do it. He looked like he was less suited to anything dangerous than Kaalth was, after all, Kaalth was at least Orion.

"Do we keep any poison back here?" Taarus asked, looking around, checking a few of the boxes. He boosted himself upon a shelf to check a vent on the ceiling, but it was secure, not even space to hide a bomb with all the machinery behind it. All very good. "Not something to be used every day, but you never known." Probably there wasn't any, but he'd fix that if it was the case.
Star Trek-AOS

125 Posts
9 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Star Trek

Kaalth watched, somewhat bemused, as the newcomer examined the storage room, looking for threats, apparently. Kaalth wasn't a professional, which was probably why he couldn't think of any risks posed by the storage room, and, he reflected, it was good that they had an Orion guy around who could keep an eye on that kind of thing.

Then Taarus was asking about poison, and Kaalth looked at him, baffled "No, we don't have any poison. The place is clean-we don't have a problem with little animals or bugs." both of those could be a problem in the Hub, but there was apparently some kind of a field that kept them out, Jaya had tried to explain the details of how it worked and he hadn't understood it, but he'd seen it work. Then it dawned on him why Taarus was asking, and-"....oh....no, we don't have any poison." trying to act worldly, and joke about it, he said "I'm pretty sure that patrons dropping dead would be bad for business."
Star Trek-AOS

22 Posts
1 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Mike

When Kaalth asserted their lack of problems with rodents and insects, Taarus just gave him a flat look, not saying anything until the other male finally got the point… well, part of it, at least. “Obviously we wouldn’t use one that would kill them before they’d left,” he answered, looking for all the world disappointed in the other man. “If we did, we’d be in a situation where we wouldn’t care how it looked so much as that an enemy was dead before he could kill anyone.” Granted, Taarus didn’t particularly want to be using poisons. It wasn’t honorable, and he’d had lessons of honor drilled into his head while he was serving. He was an Orion, he’d do whatever was necessary, but that didn’t always mean he’d like it, not at all.

“What’s the lay of the land?” Taarus asked, deciding that it was about time he were given useful information. “Who are we moving against? Who’s moving against us? Who are we trying to subvert?” Seriously, this couldn’t just be a fancy brothel operating quite literally in the middle of nowhere… could it? He’d come into this place being required to battle a wraith, some creature that he couldn’t even touch, that even half his energy bolts had passed right through. Was he about to learn that that was the last fun he was going to have here?
Star Trek-AOS

125 Posts
9 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Star Trek

Kaalth decided to let the comments about the logistics of poisoning go, and just said, with a shrug "So far we haven't had that kind of problem."

Then Taarus asked about the 'lay of the land', which was a question that Kaalth could answer, even if he was fairly sure that the answer, which was essentially 'we aren't at war with anyone' would disappoint the other man. "We aren't moving against anyone right now, and no one seems to be coming after us." Kaalth replied "Jaya just got back from our home universe a few weeks ago-before that she didn't have any support from the Syndicate, so she was being really careful not to step on too many toes. Right now, the plan seems to be to get our position in the Hub solid, and then look for a good universe to start expanding into. That is why Jaya is working on this one Terran-he's the brother of the leader of this group of Terrans who have been in the Hub for a long time, and they make fake documents and all the stuff you need to insert" a word he'd learned from Nala the day before, along with the word 'document' and he was proud of having the chance to use it "someone into a new world. Plus they've got information on all these different worlds, so the Syndicate can figure out which ones are worth inserting people into. Jaya says picking a world might be the hard part, a lot of them don't have much that the Orion Syndicate wants or needs." he could see the disappointment in Taarus's eyes, but didn't remark on it. If the other man decided to move on to someplace more interesting, that was fine by him.
Star Trek-AOS

22 Posts
1 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Mike

Taarus’s mind started down the various roads of scheming that would lead them to other worlds, where they’d slowly gain influence and power in the process. He made it three steps down that path before it made his head hurt and he simplified the subject: Who was he likely to have to hurt? Well, if Jaya was working on a terran, probably not him. He’d be a besotted fool soon enough and would be pathetically compliant. His family on the other hand might have some issues with the matter. They would probably require eventual hurting. “Really, now. What are they like? Any real fighters among them, anyone that looks like they’d be a real threat?” Forgers generally weren’t problems, they were thinkers, doers… not fighters. On the other hand, they often employed fighters, just like Nala had him now. Maybe he could prove his worth taking care of a few obstacles to her cousin’s plan. It wasn’t cooking or dusting, but she ought to be able to see some value.

Wow, when had his thoughts gotten so sarcastic?

He made sure that he’d put everything back where he’d found it, then decided he’d seen enough in here. “What else do I need to see?” Aside from an armory, of course… which he was sadly sure this place didn’t actually have. He’d be changing that soon enough…
Star Trek-AOS

125 Posts
9 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Star Trek

"The only one I've really spent much time around is Remy-he's the Terran guy who's sweet on Jaya, and he seems ok. Kinda, well, he's like an Orion guy, really. Always bringing Jaya presents and cooking for her-not just for her, but for everyone who lives here, that kind of stuff. The rest of them, I've only met because they have a restaurant and sometimes the cook hires outside crew if they have to have a bunch of stuff moved in and they can't get their regular guys. They've got a little bit of muscle around, but nothing serious, they'd rather make money stealing stuff and moving people around. I don't think that they'll start shit with us-like I said, Remy is pretty sweet on Jaya, and that makes a difference, since with them the guys pretty much run the show."

"Um, I guess you should probably see the back rooms where the girls work." Kaalth said "After that, its just the kitchen and the family quarters, and you can pick which room you want. We've got some extra sheets and blankets, you'll need to buy anything else you want. The rooms just have the basics, y'know, a bed, table, dresser. There is a shrine set up, I'll show you that too. I don't know where you were before, but its nice, having a real place to pray." doing his best to be friendly he added "I think you'll like it here, its a nice place. Jaya and Padma are both single, and Jaya has a whole bunch of sisters." the last was said in a friendly tone, but he was also making it clear that Nala wasn't exactly on the market any more.