Dungeons & Dragons-Forgotten Realms

19 Posts
4 Threads
Job: Artificer/Alchemist
Ship Status: Single
Sexual Orientation: Yes!
Nyte

All Accounts Posts: 751
Her own little shop here in Hub! Fizzle was giddy and excited as she started moving things around, setting up the little shop the way she wanted it. The rather nice human woman who had set her up with this quaint little place (it was perfect!) had been absolutely on target with this particular place! How wonderful! Fizzle was all but dancing as she set her wares up and pranced about the shop, singing loudly and with gusto, and shockingly on key!

”The four and twentieth day of Mirtul, of all days of the year, sir,
A virgin lady, fresh and gay, did privately appear, sir.
Hard by a riverside got she, and did sing loud, the rather,
For she was sure she was secure, and had intent to bath her.

With glittering glancing jealous eyes, she shyly looks about, sir,
To see if any lurking spies were hid to find her out, sir.
And being well resolved that none could see her nakedness, sir,
She pulled her robes off, one by one, and did herself undress, sir.

Into the fluent stream she leapt, she looked like Sune's glass, sir.
The fishes from all quarters crept to see so fair a lass, sir.
Each fish did wish himself a man, about her all were drawn, sir.
And at the sight of her began to spread about their spawn, sir.”

Even while she was singing, she went next door to greet her new neighbor, bopping along as she entered the shop, a healer, it appeared. Interesting! And oh, she should really make friends! Because when you made huge explosions twice weekly or so, well, it was good to have a healer friend. Or two. Or five. And lots and lots of restorative potions on hand, which she did, of course, but a real healer was just something you didn’t turn your nose up at!
Star Trek-AOS

43 Posts
2 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation: Mostly Hetro
Kel

All Accounts Posts: 904
He’d gotten used to Tol’vir; the winged man had been calm, soothing presence, hell in the week he’d been living next to him McCoy had more than a few long after hours conversations about the nature of the place they both found themselves.

And than he’d found a way home.

Fuck he couldn’t begrudge the guy that, he’d be out like a shot too when Kirk showed his dumb blonde ass.

But now he had to deal with his new wall mate and McCoy didn’t like change damn it! With a sigh he pulled together a house warming gift because his mama didn’t raise a damn savage even if he wasn’t looking forward to meeting them. The walls were fairly soundproof but damned if it didn’t sound like there was someone singing over there. Closing the case Bones was just opening the door when a pink haired lil girl appeared.

A singing little girl.

A little girl that was singing about…

Nope.

“Now where did ya hear that? Where’s ya parents?” McCoy was not pleased he knew other cultures had different social mores but a lil thing like her shouldn’t have been singing about sex even if she didn’t understand the words!

19 Posts
4 Threads
Nyte

What Fizzle knew about the shop was that the last owner had left the city permanently, leaving the shop open for rent. And it really was quite perfect for Fizzle’s shop. Another branch of Fantastic Fulminations was in order! It was exciting, to be doing business in a new place such as this, and Fizzle was ecstatic about it. Thus the singing! (Alright, so Fizzle loved to sing, loudly, especially if the song was bawdy or brash or about anything that could or would or did explode!)

Now, while Fizzle usually owned her own building for her shop, she knew how to make nice with neighbors. Some liked gifts, and well, a healer would certainly like a small sampling of things that Fizzle could make them should they like any of what she had! And being a neighbor (who might come in awfully handy to have on hand!) she would give the healer a great discount, too! So she set everything she had gathered up into a small tin and sang and bopped her way over to the healer’s shop.

Where’d she hear the song? Fizzle tilted her head, “Oh, hm, well, that would be at the Perky Unicorn where Uncle Felgrim sang it, very off key mind you, with a traveling bard back when I was… Hm… Fifty? Maybe 49. I don’t rightly remember!” She flashed him a wide, toothy grin that reached her eyes with all the substantial amusement she felt at the memory, “My parents? Oh, well Mum’s already six feet under, beautiful ceremony, the High Priest of Gond did the rites himself, you know, and Dad, well… We haven’t found all of him quite yet last I heard, so no point in burying him till we do. I’m sure they’ve got him in a crate somewhere. Hopefully in a portable hole because boy, you know…” she waved her hand under her nose, “Whew! It’s been a bit!” She seemed to consider her answer for another moment, “Fantra and I have a bet, you see… She says the explosion was mum’s doing, and I say dad’s. She’s just a silly git, don’t you believe her - no illusionist can make any real sense when it comes to science, not like an artificer can! She just wants to blame Mum. And see, I know it’s gotta be dad. They found mum, after all, and dad’s in all the pieces. Means he was closer to the source of the boom! Mum was knocked about, but Dad’s just everywhere!”

Fizzle had to stop to take in a breath, and then beamed up at the human healer. “So!” she stuck out a hand, because that’s what humans always did when they met each other - they shook hands! She paid attention to Jon! “I’m Fizzle! Fizzle Bizzlebop! I owe the shop next door, and came to greet you, and to offer some samples since you’re a healer. I can provide poultices and potions, salves, and things that explode! Amongst other things, of course!” If Leonard looked carefully at the ‘little girl’ before him, he’d see that she was far curvier in all the proper places than a child would be, and while she was formed perfectly, she was small. Her ears were slightly elongated and pointed at the tips, not quite as much as an elf’s though she certainly had the higher cheekbones as well. She was just… Smaller. “Nice to meetcha, neighbor!”
Star Trek-AOS

43 Posts
2 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation: Mostly Hetro
Kel

All Accounts Posts: 904
No just No.

McCoy rubbed the bridge of his nose as she babbled about uncles, half buried father's, murder and god only knew what else. Absently he thought his dad would have loved this girl, she had a gift for gab that would stand her well at a McCoy family picnic.

The upshot of what he was gathering was that she was an adult of her species...probably, age wise she sure was, but that only assumed that whatever she was matured at the same rate, which was no damn guarantee. “McCoy, Dr. McCoy.” Leo shook her tiny hand, moving back from the door to gesture her inside with the same hand. “Come on in.” He JUST managed not to add ‘kid’ to the end of that sentence.

“Can’t say i’m much in the market for exploding things, they are kinda the anti-me.” there was more than a touch of dry humor in his tone. “But that sounds like a mighty fine welcoming basket.” The lessons his momma taught him returned forcing him to take the container setting it , leading her the ‘private’ half of the building, setting on the small kitchen table.

“Mind if I scan you?” Leo pulled out the pitcher of iced tea from the chiller he'd traded for. “Polite to offer drink and some food but impolite to accidentally poison ya.” He gestured to the tricoder in hand questioningly.

19 Posts
4 Threads
Nyte

Gnomes had a certain reputation. Parts of the stereotype were exaggerated, and some were definitely not.

Of course, give fizzle someone who would listen, and she would ramble on and on forever. Hey, that came from rarely having a willing ear to bend! The Lanterns were great, they were her family (her strange, somewhat dysfunctional family), but they didn't really let her ramble. Not anymore. So while the good doctor listened, Fizzle talked.

Still, when he introduced himself, fizzle stopped, putting his name and title to memory. Doctor. Interesting title. Stepping into his shop. Fizzle asked, “So are doctors what they call healers on your plane? Or is it a land-holder’s title? Oh! Or is it the name of your profession? I'm an Artificer, or Alchemist, depending on the region. I do some healing; as you can see in your basket there, but it's not my only focus.” She spoke with respect for the healers she sometimes (often) emulated. It was another noble profession, after all.

“Well, only some of my things explode. The boys're pretty good at wrecking what needs to be wrecked without my help. But can they fix themselves up? No sir they cannot! And then it's all, "Fiz, do you have that Salvi or 'I need a healing elixir, Fizzle' so..." she shrugged. The compliment about her gift basket earned a bright smile, "I hope it's useful to you. Not ta toot my own horn, but I've the finest healing salves this side of-well, you wouldn’t understand the reference, I think.. Are you familiar with Toril? That's my world. But suffice to say I'm very good at my profession, as I am sure you are at yours.”

She followed him easily, unafraid. “Go right ahead.” She paused as they reached the other part of his shop, “It’s not gonna hurt, is it? I have a salve for that, if it will. Not that I’m afraid of pain, I’m not, but you know, avoid it if you can, right? Why make trouble if you don’t need to?” She grinned, “And nah, not that gnomes are easy to poison, but let’s avoid that if we can, too!"