Marvel Comics-616-ish

102 Posts
1 Threads
Job: Superhero/Doctor
Ship Status: Single
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Mike

All Accounts Posts: 487
Justin gave Lori a mildly exasperated look. He'd only planned on drawing one card, but was he going to be shown up by her? No, he wasn't. She'd been excited about this, excited enough to drag him out of the tower, and he was happy to oblige her. Granted, he hadn't exactly been keen riding bitch on her motorcycle... or how it looked, at least. Getting to get that up close with her, on the other hand... well, that was what had made him go through with it instead of flying. And now, seeing her draw three cards, that was what was going to make him draw three instead of just one like he'd planned.

Setting a stack of cash down on the counter, he steeled himself, waiting to draw from the deck. The sudden battle that the owner had been subjected to didn't help, either, but he wasn't going to back down now. "Wish me luck, here," he told Lori.
Harry Potter-Main Universe

46 Posts
6 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Mike

And, of course, her suitor wasn't going to be outdone. Oryn smiled faintly as he set the deck down for the caped man to draw from after making a token check to make sure nothing had been pocketed from his store in his absence. "Good, good. Here, have your draws, good sir."

The first card was, by now, familiar, and it seemed that only the elf had been cursed to not draw it. The star gleamed up at Justin, though Oryn didn't give any explanation this time as he felt his physical power growing in response to his subconscious desires toward his improvements.

The second card was one that had only been seen once, though, and as they all viewed the ornate key upon it, a long, silvery staff appeared in Justin's hand. "Interesting the variety of the interpretations on these cards, is it not?" Oryn mused as the man weighed the staff in his hand, giving it some very tentative swings, limited (obviously) by the limitations placed upon him by the crowded shop. "Very well, take your last card."

When they saw, once again, the flickering flames upon the card that was drawn last, Oryn made a mental note to take a brief vacation from the Hub sometime in the near future, at least until all of these people drawing the attention of powerful beings had had their misfortune run its course. "I pray that your new fortunes help you in the light of the peril that stands in your future, sir," Oryn said, offering the man a somewhat commiserating smile (not that he really cared, of course).
Star Trek-AOS

65 Posts
3 Threads
Job: Orion Slave
Ship Status: In a ship! (Kala? Naalth? idk)
Moon

All Accounts Posts: 265
Nala sighed slightly, straighten the wraps she wore before stepping inside the room. Outpouring her pheromones upon entrance to the building she tangled her fingers in her hair. She smiled up at the man at the counter. She placed a nice bottle of foreign liquor on the counter in front of her and bit her lip for a second.

"Three Draws." She managed finally, tapping the lid of the unnaturally neon green drink. "This is a rare vintage from my home world made with out native Matah. It is easily worth your price."

46 Posts
6 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Mike

A more worried host might urge his customers to caution, but honestly, what did Oryn care? They'd paid, they got to draw, they got whatever consequences were coming to them. As well, even the people who'd vanished and the two visits from the wraith hadn't dissuaded people from drawing, so what should he care if they wanted to risk themselves?

He examined the bottle of alcohol, then studied the woman before him carefully for a moment. He had no idea if she was telling the truth about the value of the drink she'd brought, but as he looked into her eyes for a moment, focusing on the matter, he didn't see any signs of deception in her mind, so he decided to simply move along with the transaction. "Very well, then. Fortune be with you," he mused, sliding the deck across to her.

The first card that was drawn was the now-familiar star card, and Oryn had to wonder what benefit it was giving this girl. It wasn't as if he were putting people through tests of mental and physical acuity as they were drawing, and it wasn't as if he knew these people enough to be able to tell what had changed either way.

The second card was the medusa card that Lori had drawn, that greasy, wrong-feeling wind blowing over her as the curse fell upon her as well. Oryn couldn't help but wince, thinking of what ills might befall her as she found herself less mentally firm, less physically hearty, more clumsy, when the curse took hold. Idly, he started to wonder if this might come back at him when people suffered the full effects of their bad drawings, but he was reasonably sure he could talk his way out of any of those problems.

The last card was, once again, the Knight. Oryn cocked an eyebrow as, with a pop of displaced air, a bulky man with skin as green as this woman's appeared next to her, momentarily disoriented, but regaining himself as he took in his new surroundings. Some of the magic in this deck really was quite amazing, he had to admit.
Star Trek-AOS

65 Posts
3 Threads
Moon

Nala certainly felt more agile- not that she was certain that would do a whole lot. Considering she could already bend nearly in half backwards- she supposed she might actually be able to now? But that wasn't much of a prize if she was being honest. When that followed with a feeling of being cursed? Well she was seriously reconsidering what had caused her to draw in the first place.

She glanced about and saw at least two people with piles of gems and she sighed. Right- unimaginable wealth. Focusing back on the task at hand, she tried to suppress a sigh when she saw the card. Not money then- but before that thought had ended, she found herself looking at a rather large Orion. Was this the card the elf had drawn.

She was hit with the sinking suspicion that this was not going to make Kaalth happy. Forcing herself to be pleasant, she smiled at him. "Hello, I am Nala."
Star Trek-AOS

10 Posts
1 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Mike

This was... different. Taarus surveyed his surroundings quietly, taking in the odd sorts of people that were surrounding him. Most of them were Terrans, but there were a few oddities he couldn't place. Those two over there didn't exactly seem to be Vulcans, but they had some resemblance. Most of them seemed to be armed, which made Taarus do a subtle check to make sure that however he'd gotten here, his weapons were still in place. That done, he looked at the woman he'd appeared next to... well, no matter what had just happened (and he'd really like an answer to that), he could definitely see that there were worse reasons to show up in a place.

He gave her a careful bow, subtle, as all forms of Orion respect had to be when surrounded by outworlders. "My name is Taarus," he told her, looking around the room again. "And I would very much like to know where, exactly we are." This appeared to be some sort of primitive store. Were they supposed to be shaking it down? The human behind the counter seemed fragile enough, he could manage it, he supposed. Whatever the case, he'd been placed here next to her, and that could only mean one thing. "Not that it matters, I suppose. I'm yours to command, mistress."
DC- DC-TV-1

51 Posts
2 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

All Accounts Posts: 1,031
Belle had seen things on the quest; magic beyond that of her little brothers animated toys(as amazing as they were!) she’d gone hoping to find something in herself and had come back feeling emptier than when she’d left.

Belle wasn’t a woman who dwelled in unhappiness, she believed that hard work would see you through anything ‘just keep swimming’ could have been her motto.

The problem was that coming back to Hub Belle found herself still craving more to be more than the background character in others stories, the simple things that used to content her felt…empty. How could she lose herself in her books when she’d spent weeks with actual elves and comic book heroes!

Belle didn’t have money, not like she thought these would cost, what she did have was- “Food for the dead.” A basket filled with cookies that she’d learned how to embed a flicker of mortality into. She’d asked John how to be able to feed her Ghostly love and this was the result, food that could satisfy hungry spirits.

Belle looked at him wondering if it was enough...she had a few other things...

Belle twisted the hellfire forged ring on her left hand, wondering how many draws her offering bought.

46 Posts
6 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Mike

'Food for the dead.' As any good British boy who'd gone to Hogwarts would, Oryn had heard the lamentations of the various ghosts about the various pleasures that they were forced to forego in their extended un-life, chief amongst them being food. He didn't even think before he reflexively began to speak. "That's imposs-"

But he stopped, because he had to remember where he was, and what he was saying. Slowly, a smile spread across his face as he considered the lovely woman before him. "Oh, very good," he admitted, and then began to examine the offering that the woman had brought. He didn't quite understand the charm that was on them, not without a more thorough study than he could do here, but what he could determine told him that what she claimed could be true. Here, again, was an example of the magical laws of his world being proven incorrect yet again... or at least not multiversally correct.

"It is a very rare occasion when I can be so easily be made to say something so blatantly mistaken," he admitted, picking one of the cookies up to study it more closely. "And an even more rare occasion when I can be shown something I would have thought impossible. My compliments, madam. Very well... even if for no other reason than inspiring me to make a fool of myself, you've earned your draw from the deck." And, of course, he slid the deck across the counter to her.

The first card, as those watching were growing accustomed to by now, caused golden jewelry to fall to the counter in front of Belle, and as before, Oryn casually made sure his wand was visible, warning off any foolish people from grabbing her treasure. He waited, patiently, while she gathered it up, offering her a bag in case she might need it to gather all of the elaborate jewelry up into.

With the second card, the shining sun peering up at them, a silver chalice with stylized rearing unicorns for handles appeared on the counter in front of Belle. Curious, Oryn waved his wand over it. "Now this is most curious," he remarked, studying the radiation of magic that he could detect. "I rather think it's a healing object. Yes... it calls poisons from the body, makes the poisoned weep them out, to be gathered in the cup. A curious artifact." Indeed, most defenses against poisons simply neutralized them, not gather them up like that to be re-used, in his experience.

The third card, though, was completely black on the other side, and even as the murmurs of alarm rippled through the crowd, Oryn waved his wand, causing the clothes that the disappearing woman had vacated to gather into a golden bubble, along with her purse and her new chalice. "Pity," he remarked. "I'd rather hoped that card was done with us today."
Westworld/The Dark Tower-Westworld-1

39 Posts
4 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Mike

The Gunslinger had been watching the crowd, all wrapped up in their private desires, their personal needs, wondering why he’d been brought to this store today. Or, rather, hoping to be wrong about why he’d been brought to this store today… because as he sat there, he knew that he needed to draw. There was no personal need in it, of course. He had no personal desire in the matter, he simply knew that he was going to draw. Ka worked like that… and today, it was working strongly.

When the red-haired woman disappeared, the gunslinger knew he’d seen enough. It was now or never… and he knew that it wasn’t going to be never. “I think it’s time for me to try, sai,” he told the shopkeeper, tipping his hat toward him. Reaching into his pack, he pulled out a small bag that he upended onto the counter, pouring out a small pile of gold coins until it was empty, then replaced it. He could have produced more from the bag, of course… but he shouldn’t need more than this. There was no need to waste payment that wasn’t needed, after all. Smiling easily, he waited to be handed the deck as the others had been.

46 Posts
6 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Mike

Well, now, this one was… quaint. He was dressed like he was straight out of one of those muggle cowboy stories, but when he drew out an apparently empty bag, it was suddenly filled with gold. Interesting. Oryn gave the gold a quick test to make sure it wasn’t likely to vanish as if it were leprechaun gold, then nodded, sliding the deck across the table to him.

This time, they saw a card drawn with a man in a black cloak upon it, apparently fleeing from them into the depths of the card. An enemy… a newly-made one at that. Somehow, the cowboy didn’t seem to need him to explain it… and after all, how did you explain that someone had now been turned against him because of that draw?

The second card showed the sun on the other side, and the result was almost anticlimactic. A small, scrimshaw turtle appeared on the counter in front of the cowboy, which the cowboy picked up, studying carefully. He honestly wasn’t impressed, except… actually… he was. To Oryn’s later amazement, he found his eyes fixed upon the little turtle, his attention fascinated by it. He found himself, despite himself, reaching for it, but unable to bring himself to touch it… until the cowboy closed his hand around it, leaving Oryn feeling wrong-footed and off balance… something that he was somewhat relieve to notice he was not alone in, all of the onlookers who’d been able to see the turtle were behaving much the same.

He cleared his throat, trying to look much more dignified as the man drew his last card. The castle on the card was likely unchanged, but this time it seemed a bit more… rustic, Oryn supposed? Probably just his imagination, of course, he still was a bit wrong-footed from the rather irritating effects of that turtle…
DC-DCTVU-1

306 Posts
15 Threads
Job: PA/Magician
Ship Status: Single with Complications
Sexual Orientation: Pan-Romantic
Nyte

All Accounts Posts: 968
“BELLE!!!”

Christian was not a violent man, not in any way, shape, or form, but that didn’t stop him from all but pushing his way to the fore of the crowd when he saw his sister vanish from where he’d been standing, trying to decide if he wanted to try to draw one or more of the cards from the deck. His brown eyes were wide as he looked to the proprietor of the shop, jaw clenching and releasing before he asked quietly, “Is there any way to find them when they disappear?” He could swear he’d heard someone say that a card could grant you wishes, and a wish from the deck could tell you where the people who disappeared went. If Chris could find Belle, he could work to get her out. He had spent months studying magic under a teacher, had worked hard to learn how to cure a curse for an angel. He could figure out how to rescue his sister. He had to.

It was Belle. She didn’t deserve to be stuck wherever the deck had sent her. She needed to be rescued.

Without so much as hesitating, Christian reached into his pockets and pulled out two rings made of copper carefully and painstakingly twisted and braided around an opal and an amethyst, both gems were real, and the magic that Christian poured into every one of his creations laced the metal and stones alike. He also pulled out several forms of currency from around Hub, laying it out on the counter in front of Oryn, looking the man in the eye, “I want three draws if this is enough. I have to know where she went in order to go bring her back.” Desperation and worry colored his tone, but so did determination and courage. He knew he might end up with the same fate as Belle, he knew that he could face something else equally as bad, but he had to chance it.

46 Posts
6 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Mike

Oryn wasn’t a cruel man, he wasn’t unsympathetic toward the man’s misfortune. Unfortunately, he was a businessman, and it would be bad for business if he started letting himself be ruled by his emotions. “As I said,” Oryn said patiently, “The legend of the deck says that nothing can simply return them… but that the wishes, such as we’ve seen some people gain, can enlighten us as to where to look for them.” He gestured toward the corner where the people with their wishes has unconsciously congregated to mull over what to do.

He examined the rings, rough things compared to the ornate jewelry that had been showered upon some people today, to be sure, compared to some items he’d seen, but rough did not always mean unskillful, particularly in the case of magic. They were well made for what they were, in fact, and had the sort of humble craftsmanship that often accompanied some of the best magical creatuions. In this case, he could confirm that the magic within them was real. “Yes… Yes, I believe these will do,” he confirmed, sliding the deck across the counter as he palmed the rings.

The first card drawn showed a gibbous moon, and as they all viewed it, a moonstone appeared in Christian’s hand as well. In it, they could see three glowing lights. “The luckiest wisher of the day,” Oryn remarked. “My understanding is that you have three hours to make your wishes… though I don’t know if you lose a wish with the passing of each hour. Probably best not to wait to discover this.”

The second card showed the gems, and almost as if to mock Nala, twenty five more pieces of exquisite jewelry were showered upon another person.

The third showed the shining sun upon it, yet again. This time, a book appeared, and Oryn could literally sense the magic spilling from its pages. From the title, he could see that the book held within it the processes and means of creating a golem of stone. “Well now, that could certainly be useful,” Oryn admitted. Statues could, of course, be enspelled to come to life, but such things held limits in regards to their duration, and from what he guessed of these creations, they could last for centuries.
DC-DCTVU-1

306 Posts
15 Threads
Job: PA/Magician
Ship Status: Single with Complications
Sexual Orientation: Pan-Romantic
Nyte

Christian listened as Oryn spoke about the story of the deck, the legends, and what was and was not possible. He could use a wish to find out where Belle was. That. That was what he needed now. A wish. His heart went out to all of those who had been swept away by the deck, but the driving force to find the prison they had went to (and Christian just assumed that they’d all been taken to the same place, perhaps foolishly) was to find and free his sister.

Three wishes. Christian had no idea what to do with the other two. And only three hours to make them all… His mind whirled with ideas, but his eyes remained bright; he’d gotten what he really needed in the first card, but he knew that the other cards could bring terrible things.

They did not, however, do so. Christian had to admit, his luck seemed to take a rather high turn when he drew the cards. Three wishes, more than anyone else had gotten, and then all the jewelry, far more than the two rings he’d given up to draw the cards in the first place, which he gathered quietly into his satchel, hoping he didn’t end up getting robbed on his way home, and… A book? A very magical book, Christian could sense it. A golem? Christian hadn’t really spent much time reading anything about these sorts of things, but he got the gist quickly enough looking at the book, and blinked. Well, it seemed he had one hell of a project to work on now, didn’t he?

After he rescued Belle. And he’d have to find the materials, but that was neither here nor there; later, he’d have all the time he needed to make the golem. For now, he needed to figure out what to do with these wishes. Three hours...
Star Trek-AOS

65 Posts
3 Threads
Moon

Nala looked with curiosity at the other Orion- the man named Taarus. Thus fair he had asked for an explanation and explained he was hers to command.

Nala chewed her lip slightly. She had been rather hopeful to draw the wealth- and he said he'd do what she wanted...

"Taarus, pleasure to meet you. We are in the hub- a place between realities. I came here to draw from the deck- now that you have had a chance to see some of the outcomes- I'd ask that you pay and draw three more for me."
Star Trek-AOS

10 Posts
1 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Mike

Taarus looked around again at her explanation, like he was re-evaluating the surroundings based on what she’d just told him. A place between worlds… all right, he’d be the first to admit to himself that he didn’t know what that meant, but he’d just count on the idea that he could figure that out without being told. This was, apparently, where he’d be for a while, and now, she wanted to make him draw from that deck. The deck that had, apparently, made people disappear in the short span of time he’d been here.

Such was a man’s lot in life.

Reaching into his jacket, he pulled out two bars of gold pressed latinum. After giving the curious shopkeep an explanation that the gold surrounded a metal that was impossible to replicate by any known means, he waited for his turn.

46 Posts
6 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Mike

Well, this wasn’t exactly as interesting as some of the offerings, but Oryn couldn’t help but be curious about this mysterious substance that was, apparently, inside the gold. And, well, it wasn’t like he wasn’t also being offered a nice chunk of gold, too. That was good enough.

With the first draw, they saw a key again on the other side of the card. Instantly, an energy rifle appeared, with a separate pack containing all of its maintenance gear. Oryn watched in amusement as the man looked over it with a professional eye as much as he had been examining the magical items that appeared. To each their own, he supposed.

The second card made Oryn consider whether all of this material wealth that was being spread around was going to upset the economy of the Hub. The jewelry rattled down onto the counter, but the man seemed to be using the time to acquaint himself with his new weapon, which amused Oryn even further, especially given the greedy looks that some were treating the jewelry with.

The third card, though, was once again, the skull. By now, those near the door knew to hurry out of the way as Oryn sent Taarus soaring through it. This would be interesting. Another creature of magic against a man of technology. Well, to say the least, this day wasn’t boring.
Star Trek-AOS

10 Posts
1 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Mike

This was definitely a bargain. A couple bars of latinum for… this? Taarus picked up the rifle, checking all the switches, the charge readout, making sure the serial numbers had been filed off. A Mk 3 phased antiproton pulse wave cannon, with high density beam output. He’d seen a weapon like this once, and had barely gotten away to tell the tale. Now… now he owned one. This was an amazing day.

The jewelry started to fall in front of him with the second card, and after a cursory glance to see that it was all gold and not gold pressed latinum, the big Orion who didn’t quite understand the economy of the Hub yet returned his attention to the rifle, waiting until the rattle of jewelry stopped before he turned over the next card.

And apparently, someone didn’t want him in the building for this. A moment later, he saw why, and he immediately dove across the street, taking quick aim and snapping off two shots at the creature coming at him. The first blast passed through it without affecting it, but the second struck it squarely in the head, causing it to stagger in pain. He snapped off several more shots before it got too close to use the rifle, and Taarus drew out his mek’leth.

This, unfortunately, proved to be a mistake. The touch of this creature felt like it burned him and froze him at the same time, leaving him feeling… weaker, and his blade didn’t even touch the thing. Dropping the useless Klingon weapons, he ran, looking for cover, then realizing that he wasn’t going to get any. The thing could pass right through obstacles, just like it had his daggers. Normal tactics were useless. He aimed the blaster and fired it repeatedly, spraying energy at the creature, most of them hitting, some of them passing through to strike at Oryn’s shop. Taarus didn’t really care about the damage, not even noticing it until the wraith had been blasted into vapor by one final blast.

As he looked at the damage to the shop, particularly one wall that was caved in (though he couldn’t tell how the thing hadn’t been blown down completely), he just shrugged, walked back into the shop and, as he picked up the jewelry, tossed a fancy broche to the shopkeeper. “Sorry about that,” he said, walking back over to where Nala was.
Star Trek-AOS

286 Posts
16 Threads
Job:
Sexual Orientation: Heterosexual
Katie

All Accounts Posts: 734
Jaya had also been out exploring the Hub, and had arrived just in time to see a strapping Orion man blast some sort of energy being into a wall and then nonchalantly walk inside. That alone would have piqued her curiosity, even if she hadn't recognized this as the place where, she'd heard, all sorts of weird things were happening.

She stepped inside and, after a nod of greeting to her cousin, and to the stranger, she walked over to the counter, withdrew the little pouch that contained ready cash from some hidden fold of her hip wrap, and put the small bag of gold onto the counter. "Unless there is something else you'd rather have." she purred as she did so. Not that she thought the Terran male who owned the shop was interested in anything other than money, but it never hurt to ask. "Three cards." she said, when he asked how many she wanted.

46 Posts
6 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Mike

Ah, yes, the courtesan wanted to pay in trade if she could. He should have figured something like that was coming. Thankfully, she had the sense to offer gold up front, and he simply picked up the bag, smiling thinly instead of replying to her offer. "Very well, my lady." He set the deck down, allowing her to draw her cards from it, sitting back to see what came of this.

The first card that came out was the Sun, and Oryn watched as a small crystalline device appeared in front of her. It immediately began, with a faint beep, to orbit her head, casting a pattern of energy over her that he could sense, but was invisible. Interesting effect, when it went toward technology, he supposed. It seemed to be a regenerative effect, but he couldn't be sure, and he wasn't about to try to cut her to see what happened or anything barbaric like that.

The second card showed a crescent moon, and as had happened before, a moonstone appeared in her hand with a single glow inside it. "You have one hour to make your wish," he said. "I'd suggest doing so carefully," he added, indicating the corner of his shop where the others were currently mulling over their wishes. "I think that whatever that gentleman just wished for was fairly painful."

The third card was the Star, and once again, Oryn wasn't sure what effect it could have on her once the magic took hold. It could increase her physical capability, it could increase her intellect... he wasn't sure if becoming more attractive was something she needed, but he supposed it could even manage that. "Well drawn," he admitted. This was probably his last customer, the crowd had seemed to thin out, but he'd wait here to see them all off, just in case someone else decided to press their luck.
Dungeons & Dragons-Forgotten Realms

23 Posts
1 Threads
Job: Rogue/Sorceress
Sexual Orientation: Yes!
Nyte

Wishes and wraiths, that was what the Deck of Many Things boiled down to. For every good thing, there was something equally nasty in there, and frankly, Torynn didn’t see the point. If you wanted wishes, buy a Ring of Wishes. If you wanted to enhance yourself, permanency a Bull’s Strength or Cat’s Grace or whatnot on yourself. Or have a mage do it for you. She could do it, for a price. She’d seen a whole lot of faces come through the doors today, though. Good for business, that. And if people wanted to pay for the honor of possibly losing their lives, then that was their decision. It wasn’t as though Oryn hadn’t forewarned everyone about the possible consequences. And the people who had up and disappeared were proof of those consequences.

Sweet, that a group of people had gathered over in the corner to use their wishes from the Deck to try to find and save those people. She honestly wished them all the luck; they’d need it.

The young redhead came in and drew her cards, and she seemed to have pretty good luck. And Oryn had to try his hand at being a fool. Torynn said nothing when he drew a single card, instead silently rolling her eyes. Human curiosity, she supposed; Whitefyre had ever been silly in many of the same ways as her new human mage friend, and yet, he, like Oryn, had been incredibly good company.

Then the older redhead came and pulled her cards, and she pulled the Donjon, and Torynn shook her head; you drew, you knew what might happen. Sad, but Torynn had lost everything she owned, aside from her magical things, to the Deck in the past. She knew well the cost of drawing. But more than those who had disappeared, Torynn found herself pitying the young man who pushed his way through the crowd, drawing in hopes of earning wishes to find the redhead. (Well, to be fair, two redheads and a brunette. He could end up being quite a lucky young man if he found and freed them…)

Tail swishing, Torynn watched as the new green man spoke with the red-haired green-skinned woman, and as yet another green-skinned woman entered the shop to draw cards. She did well for herself at that. More wishes. Always the wishes. Her gaze went to the elf who had made what seemed to be a poorly worded wish, and shook her head; the Deck and all of its magic was unforgiving. She looked over to where those with wishes had gathered to make them, “Wise wording when it comes to making wishes is always a very good idea.” She hoisted herself up to sit on one of the counters, “The Deck of Many Things can be a brutal enemy or a gentle friend, but given a choice, it’ll always be the first.”

She smiled coyly over to Oryn, “Humans and cats seem to have much in common, don’t they?”