Marvel-MCU

107 Posts
6 Threads
Job: Superhero?
Ship Status: Soviet Spouses
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual
Moon

All Accounts Posts: 870
Bucky was enjoying his time with his best friend- it had been a while since the two of them had this kind of chance. (Seventy years in fact.) However- he was less down for spending time with Tony Stark. Even if Steve was there- it was not easy spending time with someone when you knew that you had killed their parents.

It had been especially bad ever since he had woken up from a nightmare where he was choking Mrs. Stark to death. Bucky was coming to terms with the process of recovering his memories- this would hardly be the first dream of the past he'd had. He recognized it for what it was at this point- and it meant he hadn't been able to meet Tony Stark's gaze for nearly a month before going to the hub.

For the time being however- he didn't feel the need to get over that with a person who wasn't even from his universe. So instead he was sitting in the middle of a random part of the hub- cargo pants, combat boots, t-shirt, and more guns than he had any need of. Just a regular day thus far.

With a bored groan he twisted and flopped on his back- taking up the whole bench. The sun was shining down in his eyes so he closed them tight- trusting he'd feel the sunburn coming before it arrived. Though- being fair, Bucky wasn't entirely certain he could sunburn anymore.
DC-TV-1

410 Posts
10 Threads
Job: Bodygaurd
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

All Accounts Posts: 1,735
“ARE YOU FUCKING RETARDED?!?” Safi Wasem barked out the words bristling with military command. That was reflex; what the ever loving FUCK was Jimmy doing in GOTHAM?!? And why had he come for fucking bear?! (Ok yes Gotham but they didn’t actually HAVE an open carry law!) this fucking moron was lucky (asshole had planned it had to have) that Safi was the first one to run over him and not say the GPD or someone wearing a fucking cape.

He’d known Jimmy since they were literally babies, grown up together served together, saved each other’s lives countless times.

He loved the asshole better than a brother, even now Safi would take a fucking bullet for him.

That didn’t stop him from reaching down and HEAVING the slightly shorter man by his t-shirt collar, shaking him like a dog. “Did you lose to two brain cells you were born with?!”

Now if he was in Hub safi likely would have through twice about this, but Jimmy hanging out right were Safi had lunch? Nope this was goddamn planned like an op.

Fuck it.

You should never hit someone in the face with your fist. But fuck if it felt good.
Marvel-MCU

107 Posts
6 Threads
Moon

Bucky flinched slightly when the yelling started- though he forced himself to relax again- it was highly unlikely that it was aimed at him, and it wasn't his place to get involved in the fights of others. Certainly if it came to violence, that would be a different story- but it seemed rude to stand and join the shouting just to try and let himself relax.

Still- the tone was so full of command that Bucky almost snapped to attention at the sound of it.

Then he was being yanked upward to meet the face of- Steve?! But smaller? He made a small noise of complaint of being disturbed from his rest. The other man continued yelling- to the point that Bucky decided to just wait it out and let him finish ranting before asking what he had done to piss this man off.

The fist in his face was unwelcome however. Grabbing the other man's hand where it rested on Bucky's shirt, he gripped it to the point where the skinnier fellow would be forced to relinquish his grip. At the same time, Bucky's metal hand came up to grab the fist coming back at his face. "I'm sorry- I was content to leave you to yell as much as you please- but I'd like to at least know why you're punching me before I let you get back to that."
DC-TV-1

410 Posts
10 Threads
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

“Fuck you Jimmy.” He processed that the other man was speaking English but figured he was doing it to get under his skin. Jim always was better at languages and he was just fucking showing off now.

Ok so it had been more The a year now since his divorce and longer (not by much though) since Jimmy had broken him. That didn’t mean Safi wouldn’t (clearly) just punch the punk if he showed up unannounced.

“Put on a fucking jacket. Or wait don’t I want to see your ass dragged by a punk in spandex.” He was still speaking Hebrew. Fuck and spandex however were in English
Marvel-MCU

107 Posts
6 Threads
Moon

Bucky clearly got the 'Fuck - something- Jimmy' Which drove home who he was dealing with- weird Israeli Steve- who's Bucky clearly deserved to be punched quite a bit. His stance with the two hands gripped firmly in his own did not leave him much room to fight back. When the other man continued to speak in a language he didn't understand, Bucky sighed and headbutted him. He switched to Romanian. "How do you like it when I speak in a language you probably don't understand? Not so fun is it?"

Switching back to English- in the hopes of getting his point across, he clearly enunciated his words. "I. Am. Not. Jimmy. My name is Sergeant James Buchanan Barnes of the 104th, and later the Howling Commandos. I have also been known as the 'Winter Soldier.' The strange grip you're feeling from one of my hands? It's made of Vibranium- the same material that my best friend Steve Rogers' shield is made of." Using his knee to push the other man back while at the same time loosing his grip, Bucky held his hands up in a surrendering position. "Nat told me about you- I'm sorry that Jimmy is a fuck head but I would much rather be punched for something I did- not something he did."
DC-TV-1

410 Posts
10 Threads
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

“You’re still a goddamned idiot no matter what your name is.” Safi did take a step back to continue: “You goddamn tourists. Are you trying to get the natives here killed? Get your ass back into the damn portal and go home before the cops or a cape drag your ass to jail and my James Buchanan gets pulled for being AWOL.”
Marvel-MCU

107 Posts
6 Threads
Moon

Bucky's eyebrows shot straight up and he reached over to put his hand on the other man's head. "Are you okay?" He said with curiousity, registering that he didn't actually have a fever. Bucky forced Safi's mouth open to check for discoloration. "Because I'm on the Hub side of the portal. So I'm not being a tourist. Did you actually think you were in your reality?"
DC-TV-1

410 Posts
10 Threads
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

Safi blinked at the other mans words, getting ready to lay into him for being a fucking moron when- crap. Was he on the other side?

The damn place was identical and he’d been damn distracted…”Well shit.” Safi took a step back from the intrusive hands, the gesture painfully reminiscent of his Jimmy taking care of him back when he spent more time in a hospital bed than out.

“Sorry.” He was stubborn as hell but Safi was grown up enough to admit when he fucked up and he’d done so royally. “I shouldn’t have hit you...or yelled.” Safi ran a thumb over his eyebrow, an old habit, “can’t believe I got turned around.”

“Here.” He Held our his hand “Safi Wasem, but I’m sure you think I look like Steve Rogers.” The smile he gave was only slightly ruefully bitter.
Marvel-MCU

107 Posts
6 Threads
Moon

Bucky tried to contain his laughter at the other man's observation. It was rather- succinct to say the least. Still a small smile presented itself as the other man apologized.

"Nice to meet you- is it alright if I call you Safi?" He asked with a raised eyebrow, extending his hand to match the handshake. "I'm Bucky. Yes you look like Steve- but sort of halfway between sickly and super soldier so I doubt I'll get terrible confused. I'd apologize but I was not the one who started with mistaking you for someone else.."

Bucky pasted a smirk on his face. "If you're real sorry you could offer to kiss it better." He said, tapping his cheek where the punch had landed. "But also in case you couldn't tell- I tend to be a bit of an asshole- not including my time spent as a morally bankrupt assassin- I still probably deserved the hit."

Sitting back down on the bench with a bit of a flop, Bucky shrugged at Safi. "And also Nat told me about what happened with your Jimmy- though it's nice to have a name other than 'weird Israeli Steve' to call you bye."
DC-TV-1

410 Posts
10 Threads
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

Even with Natasha he’d never had such a problem separating the face with the person. Ji-Bucky though… yeah, that was confusing as fuck.

“Well fuck you very much. This is the non steroid body.” Safi raised his eyebrows at the AGAIN comparison where he came out second, he was physically older than either Rogers he’d seen and YES he was less jacked but- “I earned these the hard way. No magic juice.”

Kiss it better…

Safi blinked.

And than blinked again.

Suddenly he wondered exactly WHAT the relationship between this Jim and his Steve had been….

Safi might be Bi but Jimmy was his best friend There was no latent attraction there because he GREW UP WITH HIM.

His automatic response was to flirt back, wink and make an innuendo, the wink happened but the rest- “-nooooooo going to go with no.”

Well so much for trusting Rachel clones.

“Assassin?” Guilt flickered in the back of his eyes, they had done more than one mission that was classified as assassination.
Marvel-MCU

107 Posts
6 Threads
Moon

Bucky grinned and pulled his glove off and sleeve up. "I got mine the hard way too." Really- Bucky was pretty sure his acquisition had been harder- but he wasn't one to brag. He was one to show off his metal muscles and pretend to be humble about it- but he kind of felt he deserved that much.

Safi's face seemed to spasm at Bucky's flirting- The assassin gave up and broke down laughing. "You may not like being compared- but in some ways you are very like Steve. You don't have to worry though- I'm just appreciating a handsome face and enjoying the relatively little judgement this time period offers for such flirtations." He explained with a wave of his hand as he caught his breath- despite the quiet snickers still escaping his mouth.

He froze slightly as he heard the other man's trepidation. "To be clear- it wasn't immoral because I was an assassin- It was morally bankrupt because they wiped my mind of everything I was, programmed me, and eventually sent me to kill Captain America. This organization was also evil so there's that."

Pausing slightly with the reminder of what he was hiding from, he groaned and put a hand over his face. "Which is why I'm out here instead of hanging out with Steve-" He mumbled before cutting himself off and pasting a faked smile on his face. "That's too much for story time today I think."

Raising a pretend amused eyebrow, he matched sights with Safi. "Speaking of- You've punched me, yelled at me, and apologized- so I think we're done here unless you had something more to say." Bucky offered- smile still on his face, but voice coming out in the cold tones of the winter soldier.
DC-TV-1

410 Posts
10 Threads
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

“In general I enjoy flirting.” Safi began “But I’ve literally know Jimmy since we were toddlers and that...is weird.” He explained reminding himself that this guy was owed the same courtesy as a stranger and not the ass hat he looked like.

“Yes that is bullshit. Magic?” The disgust in his voice made it clear that he did not fuck with that bullshit.

Not hanging out with Steve? “Lingering issues? I know a guy that might beable to help.” Safi crossed his arms over his chest eyebrow raising as ‘Bucky’ got bitchy “well nice to meet you. I have the feeling we are going to keep running into each other. If you want a shot at deprogramming…” he left it open.
Marvel-MCU

107 Posts
6 Threads
Moon

Bucky ducked his head in acknowledgement. "Fair. Guess it's a bit easier for me- the dramatic change he went through- not always easy to connect the tiny asthmatic with the guy who physically stopped my helicopter from taking off by force." He explained with a shrug.

He raised an eyebrow at the other man's tone about magic. "No. Good old fashioned torture, drugs, and brainwashing. Frankly magic would probably be easier to get rid of."

Bucky's attempt to tell Safi off ended with- Bucky feeling like trash for treating him like that. Shit. Running a hand through his hair he cursed slightly in Russian. Sighing, he spoke quietly, knowing he was likely about to properly alienate this man. "Not with Steve- I'd die for Steve. In fact I kind of did- but I'm finally getting some of my memories of my time brainwashed back. Including the memory of killing the parents of one Tony Stark. Understandably I try to give him his space." Shaking his head clear, he gave an apologetic smile.

"Look, I'm sorry for being an ass- just hard to trust much of anyone still. And thank you for offering help- But I had them put me in cryo until they could resolve the programming. Only reason I'm up and about is because they have."
DC-TV-1

410 Posts
10 Threads
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

Stopped a helicopter..Safi kinda wished he had a drink in hand to disguise the long slow blink that James’s response drew. Just..really? Because that was something he couldn’t even compare to in any respect.

Safi grimaced at the description forcefully repressing his own memories of blood, knives-

“Least in my world best way to deal with magic is to kill the caster and even than that doesn’t end the spell.” Safi shook his head at the softened tone, he was a veteran, he understood the mood swings, hell he’d started this conversation by punching him so in that respect he counted them even.

Tony Stark.

Safi’s eyebrows raised at that, “Which Stark?” Because he knew of at least two and one of them he didn't know from Adam and the other...well he was his something.

“Good.” Safi rubbed a thumb over his eyebrow coming to a decision. “We aren’t the guy we look like. Should be a club for that.” He held out a card, a little interdimensional bartering and he`d finagled a way to get his phone to work on hub and between the portal. Because HELL if he was going to leave Chris alone here with no way to contact him. And if he was back home he wanted him to be able to reach him if he called.
Marvel-MCU

107 Posts
6 Threads
Moon

Bucky couldn't help the impressed look on his face when Safi commented about dealing with magic. Certainly Hydra had some weird energy that they liked to play with- but his Steve had little practice against magic users. "Then you've fought more magic users than my Steve has- I think he'd be mostly at a loss for what he could do if he couldn't just punch them. Despite his mastery of tactics- he doesn't always make the wisest choices."

Seeing the look on Safi's face- Bucky figured that was the end of the conversation. "Technically the Stark I killed the parents of isn't even in the hub- He's the Tony in the world where the more recent of the Steves came from. And by recent I mean farther into the future. But from what I can tell- Bucky of the other Starks' worlds also killed those Starks' parents. Even if I'm not personally the one who did it to them- I did it to one of them, so I may as well be."

He took the card from Safi's hand, considering it as he turned it over in his hands. He stood up and shook the other man's hand. "Sounds like a plan- if only so I have someone other than the 'can't get drunk' Captain to go out drinking with. Full warning however, I'm still not entirely certain how to use a phone.... If I call you- your phone will receive my number right?" He asked as he frowned at the little rectangle he drew from his pocket and attempted to turn on.