Marvel-MCU

100 Posts
6 Threads
Job: Superhero?
Ship Status: Soviet Spouses
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual
Moon

All Accounts Posts: 602
Bucky quirked an eyebrow at the sudden change of tone in her humour- but then she had already professed to being in mourning so she could have much more wild mood fluctuations and he'd accept it as reasonable- this wasn't even really a blip on the radar. "And some would say that about a relationship with me- Although before the programming was removed that might have been a more literal comment than you intended." He tossed back with a small wink.

Sipping at his water, he managed a shrug in reply to the comment about not knowing why. "I was going to claim that I didn't understand anyone's attraction to Tony- or Steve- but that is a bold-faced lie."

His eyes widened at the remark in faux offense. "Hey- I said in the army- I said nothing about foxholes." He replied at first- before he started snickering slightly. "I hardly restrained myself to foxholes." He offered with a grin as he finished his comment- and laughed harder when he spotted the now very red waiter dropping their plates at the table. Snagging a fry from Nat's plate for no reason other than to steal it from her- rather than eating the ones on his own.

"Are you telling me you've never had any 'fun' when you're supposed to be working?"
Marvel-MCU-3

174 Posts
8 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Katie

All Accounts Posts: 896
"I thought we'd already established that I didn't dodge the bullet." Natasha shot back, grinning at him. "To each their own." she replied "I don't get the attraction to Tony-I've yet to meet a version of him that turns my crank, but apparently I'm alone there." she didn't mention her attraction to Steve. That was, quite obviously, very strong. Still was, even if things had ended badly between them.

Natasha laughed at his comment about foxholes, and stole one of his fries in retaliation "Honestly? I haven't. Well, unless you count the times where having a good time, or appearing to have a good time, was part of the job. But when I'm on a mission, I'm pretty focused." and no need to mention that on a mission, the part of her that was the Black Widow was in charge, and that the Black Widow had no use for sex, or any other physical urge that got in the way of the job.
Marvel-MCU

100 Posts
6 Threads
Moon

Bucky laughed again- the smile in his face starting to make his cheeks hurt. It had been a long time since he had done much emoting- and it showed in the nearly atrophied muscles. "Hey I said I understood- not that I was attracted to him. You murder a guys parents one time..." He said in faux exasperation before giving a softer smile. "Nah, if he's anything like his pops- that would be why I understand. Howard was brilliant, and silly, and passionate. Never did anything in halves." Bucky explained, mouth drying up for a moment before he forces himself to count backwards from ten in his mind.

Because any thought of Howard was quickly followed by the memory of killing the man. Bucky was grateful Tony had ripped his arm clear off- meant that he didn't have to carry around the thing that had murdered his friend.

Bucky turned back to the conversation at hand - before giving a faked sigh. "Well James was clearly falling down on the job in the boyfriend department there." He said seriously before smoothing that over with a grin. "There's more waiting around in the army- more time to kill. And we had much less to do with our time, especially since books didn't tend to make it through the mud very well."
Marvel-MCU-3

174 Posts
8 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Katie

"That would put a damper on things." Natasha said, smiling at him. Then, when the flashback started, she reached out and touched his hand, offering silent comfort. Once the flashback ended, as they did, she withdrew her hand, and ate silently for a moment, giving Bucky time to regain his composure.

"James tried." she said, her smile only a little sad "But Steve wasn't into 'hanky-panky' in the field, and like I said, I'm pretty focused. We made up for it once we got home, though." she added, flashing him a grin. Some of those celebrations had been very, very memorable.
Marvel-MCU

100 Posts
6 Threads
Moon

Bucky knew that Nat would understand the flashbacks- if only because she dated two men who were out of their time- but it didn't change how grateful he was for the hand on his. It gave him something real, something concrete to ground himself with.

He flipped his hand and squeezed hers for a moment, mouthing a thank you at her as she gave him the time to recompose himself.

The use of the old fashioned phrase had Bucky laughing all over again. "That is definitely how Steve would say it too." He managed to offer in reply before clearing his throat and taking a drink of water to catch his breath. Biting into his own sandwich, he enjoyed the flavours before coughing slightly at the final comment. He flushed slightly unintentionally at the mental image.

"I can imagine that yes" He offered once his mouth was empty. He paused and grinned. "Is Steve as much of a freak in bed as I imagine? Because I can't help but think that that internal pressure has to have some outlet."
Marvel-MCU-3

174 Posts
8 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Katie

Natasha had been going back and forth between being comforted and disturbed by how much this version of Bucky was like the man she'd known, but, like her previous encounters with Clint, she ended up settling on being comforted. This might not be James, no one else could be, but this man was very close, and she might as well just roll with it and enjoy the fact.

Even if how close he was to James meant that he'd ask the same kinds of shameless personal questions that his counterpart would have. Natasha was tempted to answer-she had less than no modesty when it came to sex-or any other bodily function, for that matter-but she knew that talking about their former sex life in public was something that would bother Steve, and she owed him basic decency, even after everything. So she simply raised an eyebrow and said "No more than James was, he was just shyer about asking for what he wanted." which was true, and also neatly threw the ball back into Bucky's court.
Marvel-MCU

100 Posts
6 Threads
Moon

Bucky nibbled on a fry as she replied- a lazy grin growing on his face. "Problem with saying that- We've already established that I'm all for a good time- no matter the time or place- So either your Steve was in fact a freak in bed- or your James was comparatively very restrained." He offered with a wink before returning to his sandwich.

Contemplating, he finished another bite before asking a new question. "So how long have you been in the hub for?" He asked- desperate to continue the conversation. He was rather enjoying her company- and he didn't want the time to dissolve into the two of them awkwardly eating and occasionally commenting on the weather. It would be a waste of what was- thus far- a damn good outing.

Bucky had been all set to have a terrible afternoon- to get stared at like he belonged in a zoo- maybe he did- instead he was sitting down for a meal with a beautiful woman- who thought he was attractive even though there was probably no future there. (Or at least- he assumed she did- from the way she talked about her James, and the fact that the two of them shared a face.) He was hoping he could convince her to spend time with him again at some point- even though there was a decent chance that would require him to use his phone- an object which he loathed with his whole being.

(Just use your hands- they said- touch screens are great- they said. Swell for them- but Bucky didn't exactly have plural hands he could use on it now did he?)
Marvel-MCU-3

174 Posts
8 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Katie

"Take your pick." Natasha said, smirking at him, not answering the question directly, but knowing that he'd probably draw the right conclusion. Certain that she'd drawn the right conclusion about him, and certain that she wanted to see this man again.

"Just a few days." she said, answering his question. "What about you?" she asked, wanting to keep the conversation going as much as he did. They talked about this and that, more to enjoy each other's company that because they had anything to say, and at the end of the meal she said "I should get back to the Tower, but you should come visit me sometime, yeah? We could do yoga." she added, suggesting an activity that he'd brought up earlier.
Marvel-MCU

100 Posts
6 Threads
Moon

Bucky coughed slightly as he assumed the answer. The fact that this Nat was so comfortable with him and his questions... oh he figured that James had not been terribly restrained at all. "Similar actually." He managed in reply- falling back into conversation with a bit of relief.

From there, they talked about very few things that mattered- and yet he still greatly enjoyed the discussion. At the end of the meal, he tossed down a few bills to cover the meal before she could even reach for any money and offered her a hand to help her stand up. Splitting up outside the doors- he flashed a grin at her again. "I'd like that." He replied- trying to decide whether to offer a hug or a handshake, and settling on a head nod as he turned to head towards his apartment.