Marvel-MCU-3

174 Posts
8 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Katie

All Accounts Posts: 895
Natasha nodded, conceding the point. When she heard the sirens, she shifted closer to him, taking his arm so that they looked like a well dressed couple heading back after an evening out. Nothing to see, nothing to report, nothing that would attract the attention of the police.

"My name isn't Rachel." she said "Its Natasha. I'm not Israeli, and I'm not married to Steve Rogers, although we did live together, until recently. No kids." playing the agent trick, giving him enough information to make him feel comfortable, then drawing out information of her own. "What is your name, since you aren't a Steve?"
DC-TV-1

352 Posts
8 Threads
Job: Bodygaurd
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

All Accounts Posts: 1,262
Safi’s arm slid around her waist with only a slight hesitation; that more than anything should have told her he wasn’t an agent. He could play the part but it had not become second nature.

“Safi. And on my world Erskine was my grandfather not some mad scientist. No magical serum changed me. Just antibiotics, Medicine, and time.” He ranted under his breath.

“Natasha is her mother’s name.” He muttered.
Marvel-MCU-3

174 Posts
8 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Katie

The hesitation told her that he'd been telling the truth about not being a covert agent, which didn't exclude him being some kind of operative, of course. Her Steve had sucked at undercover work, after all, although, like this man, he'd been good at following her play. A thought that reminded her of their first kiss. And their second, as it happened.

"Not to mention training and time in the gym." Natasha said "I take it that you were born sometime in the '80s, not sometime in the '20s."

The remark about her mother's name caught her up short, but she shrugged "My grandmother was Rachel. Maybe in your universe she went to Israel, instead of staying in Russia."
DC-TV-1

352 Posts
8 Threads
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

“‘82.” He nodded. “No ice for me-“ he blinked down at her sweating under his breath. “Really? Don’t tell me. My best friend’s dad is named James or some bullshit too.” Because yes Rachel was of Russian heritage, her grandmother had come over after the war.

Safi just shook his head. “Our worlds aren’t the same. No matter how many strange parallels we find “.” If he was talking to her or himself...well maybe he was speaking to them both.

“So are you really just looking for ass to kick? Don’t have any on your universe?”
Marvel-MCU-3

174 Posts
8 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Katie

"I was born in '84, good to know that me liking older men is a universal constant." she said, half joking "Not his grandfather, his best friend. James Buchanan Barnes, but I don't think I ever heard my Steve call him that more than twice. Usually he called him Bucky." there were other nicknames, other terms of affection, but she wouldn't share those with a stranger."

"No, they aren't the same at all, but its hard not to be curious. Maybe I'm too focused on myself, but its interesting, to hear about the different versions, of the different lives that different versions of me have had. Your world does sound quite a bit more different than the others that I've heard of, though."

"Yeah, I really was just looking for an ass to kick. My universe has plenty, but I can't get back there at the moment, and I was getting bored."
DC-TV-1

352 Posts
8 Threads
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

Ok that.

“Of course that’s the one thing that’s the same.” The almost smile dropped off his face, “Jimmy. His name is Jimmy Buchanan.” He growled No Barnes or Bucky. But close e-fucking-nough.

“Not enough differences.” Safi’s face shut down into hard lines. Betrayal was an open wound still.
Marvel-MCU-3

174 Posts
8 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Katie

"I'm sorry that things ended badly for you and your friend." Natasha said, not knowing what had sparked the sudden anger and stiffness in his posture, but knowing that it couldn't be good "They did in my universe as well. Bucky is dead in mine. He died a few months ago. Like you said, not enough differences."
DC-TV-1

352 Posts
8 Threads
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

Even through the extreme of betrayal Safi had experienced at the hands of his wife and best friend his heart still lurched at the thought of him dead. “I’m sorry.” For her loss. Because it seemed any world his wife had feelings for his best friend.

“He’s not dead here.”
Marvel-MCU-3

174 Posts
8 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Katie

"It happens." Natasha replied, and then, Natalia couldn't help but add "People like me don't get happy endings." a thread of pain and bitterness in her voice. "You'll forgive me if the thought that some version of him is alive in this world isn't exactly comforting."

Natasha pushed herself to the fore, and forced the conversation to more practical things "If you come back to the Avenger's Tower, there is a doctor who can patch that cut up. I'd offer, but Justin gets pissy if other people do medical things. Well, at least if the person doing them is Tony Stark." and then, because she was more of a glutton for punishment than even she'd realized she asked "Does this universe have a version of him too?"
DC-TV-1

352 Posts
8 Threads
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

The side eyed look Safi gave her was curiously wery; he’d never believed in the idea that someone was destined to be unhappy, or that if you were in the job you couldn’t have a relationship. Harder? Yes. But deep down he was a romantic in that way.

“Well him being alive in my world isn’t particularly comforting to me either.” Ok if he had to be perfectly honest...he didn’t want jimmy dead.

Just wanted to punch him.

A lot.

Safi frowned as a shiver traveled down his body, turning his attention back to the wound his fingers brushed over the tacky slice, coming back lightly dusted in..glitter? Safi frowned deeper at the iridescent shimmer on his blood stained fingers.

The red head at the party. He knew his body well enough to tell when something was off and this…

“Shit.”

Her question about Tony was met with a head shake, Chris wasn’t Tony. He was his own distinct person. There was no confusing the pair.

Safi blinked as his thoughts drifted again. That...was not good.
Marvel-MCU-3

174 Posts
8 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Katie

Natasha started to ask him what had happened between him and Jimmy, but then Safi checked his wound, and that became the focus.

No Tony Stark in his universe. Well, maybe that was the explanation for why Safi was still married to his Rachel. Why she-why Rachel hadn't been thrown over in favor of some version of Tony Stark.

"Whats wrong?" she asked, in response to the obscenity "Talk to me, Safi. We're almost to the portal, I'll get you stitched up." Natasha shifted, so that she could take his weight if he started to stagger.
DC-TV-1

352 Posts
8 Threads
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

Safi was going to-

A low growl passed his lips, “Can’t. Need a hospital here.” Pressing his fingers to his temple Safi shook his head. “Hopefully. Maybe.” Damn it this wasn’t his city. All he knew was that it wasn’t Joker venom or he’d already be laughing maniacally. And not just suppressing the urge to.

“Ivy?” Damn it he needed to vocalize.

Taking a deep breath he marshaled his scattered thoughts. “Super Villains here, lots of them like to play with toxins and drugs, some slower acting than others. I think Poison Ivy might have been at the benefit tonight. Doubt I was her target. Bumped into a woman-“ he lifted his fingers to show the gleam. “Pheromone Control. Explains why I’ve been horny as fuck all night.” He chuckled bitterly.

“Hospitals carry some of their anti venom...but-“ he shook his head again. “Crap shoot. Unless the Batman is involved and I don’t see a caped crusader lurking.”
Marvel-MCU-3

174 Posts
8 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Katie

Sex pollen. Well, shit. She'd seen the effects of something similar-Barton had gotten hit with some on a mission, and the result was in 5th grade and named Lila, but getting him to Laura had been embarrassing, to say the least. But going to a hospital with a unexplained knife wound, and multiple counts of assault didn't sound like a great plan either.

"Hospital is a bad idea." Black Widow said, coldly practical "I'm not from this universe, and you've got a knife wound. Unless you know someplace underground that can take care of you." more kindly, Natasaha asked "What happens, if you don't get the antidote? Will it run its course on its own? Do we have time to get you back to Rachel? "
DC-TV-1

352 Posts
8 Threads
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

Safi shook his head, honestly she was right even in Gotham there would be questions but- “Other Side of the world. And she decided already she prefers Jimmy dick.”

What would it do? Fuck if he knew. “Do i look like i wear spandex and fight rejects from the loony bin? I have no idea. My day job is a body guard damn it. I haven’t had to deal with magic and bullshit since I left the damn army!” Ok so apparently a side effect was to lösen his tongue because no. He had NOT meant to say that.
Marvel-MCU-3

174 Posts
8 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Katie

"Oh. That explains why you and he had a falling out." Natasha said dryly. She didn't explain that in her world, it hadn't happened like that, now wasn't the time or the place for that conversation.

Ex-military, working as a body guard. That explained a lot, and Black Widow nodded in satisfaction as the mystery was solved, since this man was clearly in no condition to lie to her about anything. "Ok, we're almost at the portal. We'll get you patched up, and we'll see if Justin can figure out the pollen. If he can't we'll take you back for an antidote." Sex pollen wasn't likely to kill, usually its aim was disruption or humiliation, so that seemed like a safe course of action. One that wouldn't end up with one or both of them in a jail cell answering uncomfortable questions, anyway.
DC-TV-1

352 Posts
8 Threads
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

“Yeeep.” He popped the P sardonically, “Nothing like coming home early from a mission to find you best friend and wife studying anatomy first hand.”

“I don’t know Justin from a hole in the ground so I’ll just-“ safi froze, eyes screwed shut. “Fuck.” That perfectly described...everything.

Stiff as a board he was very carefully not moving a muscle, right at that moment he didn’t trust himself to...well not do something he’d regret.
Marvel-MCU-3

174 Posts
8 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Katie

"I can see that." Natasha replied, and then added "That happened to me one time too. But its different when they ask you to join in." and they'd been together for almost a year at that point, which also made things different. The memory of that heated her, in a way that she hadn't felt since...dammit, the pollen was starting to get to her as well.

"I do, and he's good. I know you don't know me from a hole in the ground either, but just trust me on this, ok." they'd reached the portal while they were talking, "A few more steps and we'll be through the portal, then we'll get to the Tower, ok." she said, moving so that he'd have no choice but to come with her through the portal and back into the Hub.
DC-TV-1

352 Posts
8 Threads
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

His arm slipped throughout the her grip, stressed, suppressed violence writ large, body quivering with forced control. “Don’t Touch me.” The face she wore protected her; if she’d had any other he would have shoved her backwards away from him, for now his instinctual response was still to protect her, that idea of Rachel who couldn’t take a punch. Who he didn’t really WANT to hurt even now over writing his knowledge that this woman was a trained dangerous agent.

“I-“ Safi breathed in deep shuddering breaths, “I can’t.” His teeth ground together, the words unwilling to come.
Marvel-MCU-3

174 Posts
8 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Katie

Natasha let him go, not wanting to get into a fight with him. She was relatively certain that she could get the better of him, since he was in a weakened state and she had her baton, even if it was tucked into her bag at the moment, but it wouldn't be an easy fight, especially since she didn't want to hurt this man, had no reason to hurt him.

"Yes you can, soldier." she said, switching to Hebrew from Arabic, hoping that the familiar language would trigger an automatic response and get him through the portal. "You can do it, just a few steps. I'm right here, we can do this."
DC-TV-1

352 Posts
8 Threads
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

The spinal reflex response to her order had him taking a half step, a low growl escaped his lips, blue eyes snapped up to meet hers “I can.” He responded fingers reaching for her cheek. “But I will not.” There was strength of will there, unfortunately it was focused on NOT moving.
The moment he did move it was not going to be for the portal.