Marvel-MCU-1

178 Posts
7 Threads
Job: AI for Tony Stark
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation: Maybe?
Kel

All Accounts Posts: 1,681
Friday was reaching out, a frown pulled at her holographic lips “No the tower is a black box to me now. Full lockdown protocols engaged, no transmissions in or out. If anyone else was inside they are trapped.” Of course since the little Blonde bitch had hijacked her systems to broadcast the ‘freeloaders’ comment the tower had significantly emptied out.

“Justin should be notified.” Friday attempted to reach him via any electronic means.
Marvel Comics-616-ish

158 Posts
3 Threads
Job: Superhero/Doctor
Ship Status: Single
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Mike

All Accounts Posts: 855
While Justin had cleared out of the Tower in a fit of 'fuck you and the tower you're pretending is yours,' that didn't mean he had gone crazy and foregone taking any Stark-based equipment with him. His medical scanner was something he'd collaborated on designing, so as far as he was concerned, it was just as much his work, and any relation it had to a Stark was just an unfortunate accident of parentage that it couldn't help. And, so, when Friday started sending out her electronic calls to him, it reacted to the alert as easily as ever.

From a point which appeared to be some hundred feet over the Hub, Justin paused in midair to answer the call, the holodisplay on the scanner coming to life. While he'd originally thought it was Tony calling (mostly because he hadn't gotten to fulfill his desire of giving him a piece of his mind since clearing out and wishful thinking was strong with him), the fact that it was Friday put him into a considerably better mood. "Well, this is a pleasant surprise. Did someone blow up the lab and need a doctor to come back but won't ask himself?"
Marvel-616

332 Posts
13 Threads
Job: Director of SHIELD
Ship Status: Open to shipping
Sexual Orientation: Sure, with just about anyone (but I don't want to write it explicitly)
Jasmine (starkly-tony)

All Accounts Posts: 494
"Great. Call Justin. I was hoping you'd say that," Tony grumbled at Friday. He didn't have anything against the man per se, but he knew what Justin thought of him, and he'd been happy to keep his distance so far.

His mind was already working toward options for getting into the Tower. He was fairly confident he could crack the other Tony's security given some time, but it didn't seem like they had to much of that. Of course, Extremis was an advantage the other Tony didn't have, and with Friday on his side it might be possible to speed things up.

He easily tapped into Friday's call to Justin, smirking a little to himself at the thought that Justin would probably be about as happy about Tony's involvement as Tony was about Justin's.

"Hate to ruin your pleasant surprise, but it's worse than that," he said. He briefly described the situation with the stones, finishing, "and the Towers on lockdown, blacked out, totally cut off. And Steve, the other Steve I mean, not the Tony one, went in there right before the blackout and his AI buddy's been deactivated. Good luck doctoring that."
Marvel-MCU-1

178 Posts
7 Threads
Job: AI for Tony Stark
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation: Maybe?
Kel

All Accounts Posts: 1,681
Friday let the new Stark disseminate the necessary information...which she realized might have been a mistake as he grumpy with Justin.

She muttered the words ‘big avengers panties’ to herself. Cut off from the tower severally limited Friday’s processing power. “Unless we have a better idea we need to use at least some of your plan. Unfortunately I’m not sure the controlled lockdown is viable at this point.” Considering the tower was already blacked out.

She frowned “I need to download into some device since I can’t transfer directly.” That was more for Tony.
Marvel Comics-616-ish

158 Posts
3 Threads
Job: Superhero/Doctor
Ship Status: Single
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Mike

All Accounts Posts: 855
And what the happy horseshit kind of bait-and-switch was this!? ‘Hi, it’s your favorite electronic friend calling to see how you are JUST KIDDING NOW YOU GET TO TALK TO WORSE-TONY!’ Justin almost, almost told Tony that since he was so useless, Tony could fuck off and find someone else to push around, but no… Friday was actually still on the line, and so Justin would shut his mouth and listen a little bit longer. ‘Good luck doctoring that’… “What an asshole,” Justin muttered, taking pains to cover the audio input first so that it wouldn’t broadcast.

“All right, I’m just going to be unsophisticated and put this one out there, since your Tony seems to have just shot this whole situation to hell… This isn’t the real Avengers tower. This is some building that looks like it that we found in the Hub, and… honestly? For that precise reason, it’s not that precious. Let’s do this the Hulk way. We punch our way in, we grab him, and we punch our way out again and blow the thing up if we have to. Between me and Mr. Diplomacy over there, we have enough firepower to blow into whatever room we find them in, and we have two fliers to get them back out of the building. Then we take care of the rest at some place that isn’t loaded with a bunch of possibly-sentient tech that could decide to sit up and stop us.”

He didn’t think that idea was going to go over very well, mostly because doing anything without a big STARK logo on the building you were in tended to get looked at as a bad idea, and because it might work and hadn’t been thought of by someone with that name on their Avengers ID, either. So he tossed a few little bits in to stroke Tony’s ego, too. “Now, the Mansion has enough non-sentient tech to do the removal job we talked about, and between me and Tony there we can program the medlab for a non-intuitive, automatic procedure removing the reactor. We do that, and I can get to work fixing him up.”
Marvel-616

332 Posts
13 Threads
Job: Director of SHIELD
Ship Status: Open to shipping
Sexual Orientation: Sure, with just about anyone (but I don't want to write it explicitly)
Jasmine (starkly-tony)

All Accounts Posts: 494
Tony had managed to annoy Justin, which had been the point. So many people hated him these days, people that had once been Cap's friends and or his friends and people who hated Registration or SHIELD or SI or hated how he was running all of them, that he'd found it was important to take pleasure in the small things, like irritating them.

It was probably wrong. Definitely childish. Tony had long since lost the ability to care.

Justin's idea, however, wasn't half bad. Tony had no particular connection to the Tower where the other Tony had holed himself up. While it had many similarities to his own Tower back home, there were also subtle differences, and his dislike for the shorter, more annoying version of himself meant he hadn't spent any more time there than he'd had to. And if he were being honest with himself, there was a part of him that wouldn't have minded tearing the real Tower down either.

"All right," Tony said seriously. "We punch our way in, grab Stark, and fly him back to the Mansion. If you tell me what needs to be done, I'll handle the programming." He wasn't thrilled to be working with Justin, and Justin undoubtedly felt the same, but he'd needled enough. They had a job to do.

He was already out the door to the mansion, soaring up high above the Hub city and heading toward the Tower, which was several blocks away but easily visible from the air. "I'll be at the site in five minutes. Meet me there."