Star Trek-AOS

65 Posts
6 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Star Trek

All Accounts Posts: 575
After he'd gotten Padma settled in her room (which he'd done as quickly as he could without being hopelessly rude), and gotten Nala settled in her room (which he would still be doing, if she hadn't been tired from her trip, and needed to rest) and now it was time to get back to work.

Because that was what he did. He worked, he was responsible, he got shit done. And now, he took care of Nala. And she'd notice that and she'd decide that she wanted to keep him around. That was the plan, it was his plan, it was a good plan and it was going to work and be worth it.

He and Nala already had a date for the next day, and she was going to help him with his reading and it was going to be awesome. So awesome that he almost stepped into Jax as he was heading into the storeroom to get some more of the stuff he needed to get to finish restocking the bar.
Sons of Anarchy-Main TV Universe

70 Posts
3 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Mike

All Accounts Posts: 400
Well, things were going to settle back down to normal, Jax supposed. Jaya was back, which meant that any lingering little issues that had cropped up in the past month would get put to bed for good. No one solved things like the lady of the house, after all. He hadn’t really seen her, she was busy ever since coming back, and he figured that she’d be putting her house in order for a while now, but what could you do?

His shift over, he sat down at the bar, picking up the drink that was offered to him by the bartender, surveying the floor of the club that wasn’t his problem for the rest of the night. His eyes skipped over the familiar dancers, the regulars, then nearly ran into Kaalth as he walked away from the bar. “Shit! What the hell’s wrong with… Oh god,” Jax chuckled as he walked over. He surveyed the big green lunk up close for a moment, taking in the dazed expression the stupid grin… “Nala, right?” he asked, more or less rhetorically. “So. Not worried anymore about how this is going to go?” Jax asked, offering Kaalth his drink. “You look like you might need this more than me, man.”
Star Trek-AOS

65 Posts
6 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Star Trek

"Nah, I'm good, man." Kaalth said "I just gotta finish restocking, and then I'll be off and I can hang out with you. And drink, because yeah, it went well. She likes me. We've got a date tomorrow, I'm going to take her to one of the parks and the bazar and she wants to help me with my reading and she's even more beautiful than I thought she would be and she smells" he paused and sighed happily "she smells even better than any woman has ever smelled in the history of ever and yeah, its good."

Noticing Jax's raised eyebrow he said, a touch defensively "I played it cool, like you said. I took care of getting Padma settled first-she's the new Orion girl and that was kind of embarrassing, because she wanted me to help her with stuff and kinda made a pass at me, but that was just to get at Nala, but that was ok, because Nala pushed back and made sure Padma knew she was into me, and then I made sure Padma knew that I wasn't into her. I mean, she's nice and all, and you should for sure spend some time with her, but she's not Nala." he smiled "But no one else is."

70 Posts
3 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Mike

Jax wasn’t convinced, really. His idea of playing it cool was probably an entire world away from Kaalth’s idea, he’d be willing to put good money on that little fact. On the other hand? The guy had a date with her, so he couldn’t have been that nuts, right? That was a big point in Kaalth’s favor right there. How much of it was the fact that Nala wanted to rub her alpha-female status in Padma’s face was up in the air, but Jax would just hope that it wasn’t a big factor in the situation. The big guy could use a break after a month of flipping out about this. Of course, it also could have been a Nala needing a guide around and Kaalth wanting to interpret it as a date… no. No, he wasn’t going to go there, he wasn’t going to start doubting his big green buddy right now.

“Hey, hey, I didn’t say you weren’t cool,” Jax reassured him. When you got down to it, Kaalth had stuff working in his favor here. Even if you wanted to be cynical here, girl could do a hell of a lot worse than a good guy who’d submissively do whatever the fuck she wanted and who could break someone in half for her. “You got a date with her, right? You must’ve played it just right, man. So… is she like you remembered her?” That was another question Jax had been wondering… how much were the Hub ‘natives’ like their counterparts from other worlds?
Star Trek-AOS

65 Posts
6 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Star Trek

"Yeah, I do." Kaalth said, grinning happily "More than one date, she even said." granted, he'd kind of offered a bunch of suggestions that would have taken more than one day to do all of, but she'd agreed, which was the important part. Kaalth wasn't one of those guys who believed that you could get your woman to do whatever you wanted by offering suggestions,and letting her think it was her idea, but some things, yeah, it did work.

Then Jax asked him about the whole copy thing, which was something that had been on his mind a lot when he'd met Nala, and he responded thoughtfully, clearly using the conversation to put his thoughts in order. "Pretty much the same, but there are differences too. Like, Nala wants to teach me to read, which was a big thing for the copy too. And she looks the same, and moves the same. But her smell is-its the same, but more intense. More alive. That is the biggest difference, really. The copy was kind of....I dunno....flat. Like the difference between a plastic flower and a real one. This Nala is more adventurous too-the copy didn't like to go too many places-like she'd go with me to the bazaar, or the gardens and she'd have fun, but that was it. Nala though, she's excited about going through the portal to other worlds, and she even offered to take me through the portal to her world, so that I could go on a spaceship. That isn't something that the copy would have suggested, or would have wanted to do. I'm sure there will be other differences as well. I just hope that it isn't about anything big, I don't want to mess up by doing something she didn't like. Especially-not that she's offered to do anything, but y'know, if she decides she wants to y'know, have sex. With me." Normally, Kaalth had no problem with talking about sex, at least as it related to the business of the Green Goddess. But he'd been raised to think that a unmarried man shouldn't talk about wanting to have sex with someone, lest he get a reputation for being easy, and that had been hard for him to get past.

70 Posts
3 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Mike

More than one date planned? Now Jax was starting to suspect that Kaalth was taking a very liberal definition of date, but hey, maybe it was just an Orion thing. Either way, he wasn’t going to go say anything to bring the big guy down, he needed all the confidence he could get. He wasn’t getting shot down by her so far, that was the important thing.

That Nala might want to explore other worlds, unlike her copy, made some sense if Jax thought about it. Could the copies leave the Hub? He hadn’t ever questioned that before, but he kind of thought they couldn’t. Still, nothing Kaalth said made him think that the guy was going to be at a disadvantage from what he’d gotten used to with fake-Nala, so… score. “So she still doesn’t know that you and her were… well, together?” Jax asked. “You’re not worried about anyone else saying something stupid and tipping her off before you tell her, are you?” Jax was of two minds there. On one hand, Kaalth knew that things had been weird with that situation, and so he’d wanted it ended, which was good. On the other hand, he’d had ‘be honest’ drilled into his head by Tara (not that he’d always gone by that rule). And, of course, there was the whole ‘they’re not human’ thing, which might make things a lot different…
Star Trek-AOS

65 Posts
6 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Star Trek

"I haven't told her about the copy yet." Kaalth says "I will, after awhile. I just didn't want it to be the first thing she knew about me. Getting together with a copy is kind of creepy, its also kind of pathetic, and I didn't want her to meet me thinking that I was a total loser. Not when....when she can do so much better than me, y'know. I mean, yeah, there aren't any other Orion guys here, except for her father, but that doesn't mean that her brothers couldn't line someone up. I've been trying to learn to read, and how to get shit done around here and stuff, and I've been saving up, so that I can buy her, but even if I've got a pile of cash, she doesn't have to agree to the deal. So I figured that my best bet was to keep my mouth shut, at least for awhile."

Jax brought up a good point, one that Kaalth had thought about, and Kaalth shook his head "I don't think that will be a problem. After the copy and I were" he started to say 'married' and then decided that might not be the best way to think about it, not with the real Nala around "after we got together, she wasn't doing anything other than dancing, so it isn't like any 'regulars' are going to show up, and most of the people who just come here to look don't remember anything other than green skin. So I think it'll be ok." he hoped so anyway.

70 Posts
3 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Mike

“So… wait, she doesn’t even know there was a copy here?” Jax asked. That seemed a little dangerous. “I hope Jaya knows what she’s doing. That seems a little risky. You might want to get that from her before you keep it up.” Not that he thought Kaalth was making this decision or wasn’t understanding the situation, but there was a world of difference between doing something yourself and doing as the boss orders you. If Orions really had the men under the women’s heels, making sure this was all on Jaya might save Kaalth’s ass if things got messy.

That was enough lecturing, though. “So where are you taking her?” Jax asked. He didn’t exactly know a lot of the sights in the Hub, and hadn’t really been on any dates since he got here. Hell, he didn’t remember the last time he’d done anything that could be called a date, even with Tara. That was kind of sad, wasn’t it? That kind of sealed it, he definitely wasn’t going to be offering up any advice to the big green guy. Approval was all he could really hope to give on this one, and that’d just have to be good enough.
Star Trek-AOS

65 Posts
6 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Star Trek

"I don't know for sure if Jaya told her or not, but I'm pretty sure she didn't say anything." Kaalth said "And it isn't exactly like I can say anything to her, because if I do she'll have questions about the copy and then I'll have to tell her about that whole thing." Which had seemed like a good idea at the time. He'd been isolated, and lonely and homesick, and getting to be part of a family again, having a wife at long last, that had been wonderful, even if she wasn't a real person. Then he'd realized that yes, Jaya would really be able to go back, and might be able to bring Nala back to the Hub, or maybe take him to Nala, and being with the copy had seemed like a good way to find out more about what the real Nala was like, and what made her happy. Which clearly he needed to do, because why would a woman like her look at a guy like him twice, otherwise? Now though, faced with the real woman, Kaalth was starting to think he'd made the wrong choice, and that the weirdness of what he'd done might outweigh the advantages of learning details about Nala. If Nala found out, that was. So he'd just have to hope Nala didn't find out.

"I'm going to take her to one of the gardens." Kaalth said "There are a bunch, but I'm going to start with the one that has a lot of trees, since its fall right now, and the leaves will be changing colors, and its really pretty. We might go to the bazaar, after. Do you think she'll like that?" he asked, wanting to get reassurance.

70 Posts
3 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Mike

The fact that Kaalth thought Jax was good at keeping women happy was… well, it was kind of sad. The women Jax had kept happiest sure hadn’t been his, after all. That was a weird thought, wasn’t it? He’d taken better care of Ope’s widow and the girls at Diosa… well, the ones that hadn’t been slaughtered… okay, nevermind, he was pretty much bad news for women. Either way, it was still sad.

“A lot of women I knew would like it,” Jax admitted. Women loved pretty shit like that, right? “If she doesn’t know you were together, she doesn’t expect you to know what she likes, right? Pay attention. She looks bored, have a backup plan ready. Just… try. That’s the shit that girls on my planet always say they want, they just want us to try. They might just be lying through their teeth, yeah, but that’s not our fault, is it?” He shook his head, then clapped a hand on Kaalth’s shoulder. “Look, there’s one person in this building that knows the sort of shit that Nala’s into for sure, and it sure as shit isn’t me. You want to know if it’s a good idea? Go ask Jaya. She grew up with here, she’s got to know something, right?”