Good Omens-Good Omens

36 Posts
5 Threads
Job: Angel and part-time rare book dealer
Ship Status: Single
Sexual Orientation: Gay
Becky

All Accounts Posts: 301
Aziraphale looks around in amazement at the shop. It's almost perfect. Sure there are a few details wrong; the teapot on the counter is the wrong shade of blue and his chair in the backroom isn't even tartan...but it's close enough. Aziraphale wonders who owns the shop in this world. It's empty, perhaps it's abandoned.

He feels Crowley clap him on the back, relief practically radiating from the demon.

Close the portal? Aziraphale looks behind him at the swirling dark mass. Oh dear.

"The portal was supposed to close on it's own after we went through...unless heaven is holding it open," Aziraphale says. He grips his sword tightly and stares at the portal, trying to see if anyone is trying to come through.
Good Omens-Book

22 Posts
1 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Starkly

All Accounts Posts: 435
"... Heaven, you said?" Crowley says tentatively, letting his hand fall from Aziraphale's back. He folded his arms, trying to cup his stinging ribs without Aziraphale noticing. "But there has to be some other explanation, hasn't there?" He added hopefully. "They did let us come through, after all."

Aziraphale, however, was busy staring through the portal with sword in hand, and Crowley felt an odd stab of affection. For an angel, he sure did like hitting things with a sword.

"Well?" Crowley said. "Do you see anything?"
Good Omens-Good Omens

36 Posts
5 Threads
Becky

Aziraphale continues to stare at the portal. There are vague shapes in the swirl. He can only imagine Michael on the other side trying to determine if one angel is worth the risk of crossing through a universe.

"Be a dear and go to the back room. If this universe is like ours there should be a book titled "Crossing the Great Divide" on a shelf. Bring it back. We may need to close the portal manually from this side if heaven insists on holding it open on their end." Aziraphale says.

Out of the corner of his eye he sees Crowley wrap his arm around his ribs. Poor dear, they must still be giving him trouble. If this becomes a fight Aziraphale wants Crowley far away from the action. He wonders if he can convince him to stay in the back room until the portal is closed.
Good Omens-Book

22 Posts
1 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Starkly

"Right," Crowley said, glad that Aziraphale's big old brain still seemed to be working when his felt frozen by terror. He started to turn, then stopped, shaking his head. "No. You get it. You have no filing system, it would take me far too long to find anything back there. I'll watch the portal. Just go, and hurry, all right?"
Good Omens-Good Omens

36 Posts
5 Threads
Becky

"you don't have a weapon and you're injured. Having you watch the portal would be equivalent to leaving it unguarded." Aziraphale scoffs. "Just look in the shelf to the left of the couch. It should be be near the top."

Assuming it's there at all, Aziraphale adds to himself. He had no idea if the book even existed in this other universe.
Good Omens-Book

22 Posts
1 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Starkly

Crowley considered arguing, for about three seconds. He had a tendency to forget, sometimes, that the Angel had been just as much a warrior of Heaven as he had ever been a warrior of Hell, or probably more so. Neither of them had ever liked war, but Crowley had always secretly thought Aziraphale to be better suited for it. But more importantly, arguing over who got to stand in the way of what was, if not certain death than certainly certain unpleasantness, would cost them precious time. He ducked into the back room, searching the bookshelf Aziraphale had indicated.

Computers were really much faster, he thought, as he scanned the titles. If anyone had bothered digitizing ancient mystical texts, finding a spell would be as easy as Google.

There was no "Crossing the Great Divide," but there was "A Treatise on the Crossing of Great Divides," along with, "On the Divide and its Crossing."

"Close enough," he murmured to himself, and grabbed both books. Presumably, one of them probably explained why the contents of a bookshelf could be so similar-yet-different on either side of the Great Divide. He headed back into the main room, and hoped it wasn't too late.
Good Omens-Good Omens

36 Posts
5 Threads
Becky

Aziraphale doesn't take his eyes off the portal as Crowley disappears into the back room. Shapes are beginning to form in the dark swirls. They're getting closer.

Aziraphale is neither boastful nor overly humble about his fighting skills. He knows he is better than most give him credit for, and certainly better than Crowley, but he is nowhere near skilled enough to take on a squad of angels by himself. (Crowley is in no condition to add meaningful support if this ends in a fight.) The only thing he can do is set fire to the dry crumbling pages. The whole bookshop will go up like a tinderbox. A holy fire tinderbox. Nothing, not even angels, can survive holy fire. It will be a shame to destroy such a magnificent book collection, but worth it if kills the angels who come through the portal.

Crowley returns with two books, distracting Aziraphale from his strategizing. He grabs them both and flips through them. In  "A Treatise on the Crossing of Great Divides" there's a spell. It's not exactly like the spell in the book in their universe, but close enough.

"This is going to require a lot of holy water, perhaps you should stand very far back dear." Aziraphale says.
Good Omens-Book

22 Posts
1 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Starkly

Aziraphale had a strange fire in his eyes when Crowley returned to the main room, but it disappeared as Aziraphale flipped through the books. Crowley folded his arms, waiting tensely and watching the shapes moving behind the portal. It occurred to him that it had perhaps been monumentally stupid to think that he and Aziraphale could really escape together. You didn't just ride off into the sunset when the combined forces of Heaven and Hell were after you, and angry about it.

But it seemed Aziraphale had a plan. Feeling acutely useless, Crowley said, "Right. Holy water. I'll get out of here. You're sure this spell will work?"
Good Omens-Good Omens

36 Posts
5 Threads
Becky

"If it doesn't, I have a back up plan," Aziraphale assures him, trying to sound more confident than he is. He grabs a bowl and fills it with water, making sure Crowley isn't close enough to get splashed, Aziraphale blesses it and throws it into the portal. Nothing happens. He does it twice more. The portal wavers, but remains open.

The shapes in the portal are slowly growing more pronounced. Worried, Aziraphale instinctually reaches out with his mind for aid, not that he truly expects to find it in this strange new universe. Still he sends the call out to any angel that might be listening, as he continues to douse the portal with holy water.
Supernatural-8th season?

125 Posts
7 Threads
Job: Hunt?
Ship Status: Single and curious about sex
Sexual Orientation: Demisexual
Moon

All Accounts Posts: 801
Castiel had been reading quietly when the shrill ring echoed between his ears, calling for him to arm up and defend. Without even thinking he dropped his book and whipped his angel blade free of his sleeve before he had a chance to contemplate his actions. He was winging away before it even occurred to him to wonder what angel would call for his help.

Still, there was nothing for it but to find out in person. For all he knew, it was an angel from a world where Cas hadn't hurt so many of his kin- and either way, he owed them the benefit of the doubt, and a helping hand. He landed beside the curly haired angel without second guessing himself again.

Whipping another blade into his other hand he took a defensive stance- prepared to destroy whatever was attacking the person who called for aid. Glancing to the side, he noted vaguely that the angel he stood beside wasn't one of the siblings he knew. "I'm Castiel- Seraphim. You are?" He managed, voice even despite the threat facing them.

With a thought, he added his voice to the chorus and called for his brother the archangel.
Good Omens-Book

22 Posts
1 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Starkly

An well-built angel in a trench coat landed beside them, pulled out a long silver blade, and introduced himself. Crowley started. As a demon, he'd lost his connection to the angels' telepathic radio millennia ago, but this must have been what Aziraphale meant by his "back up plan."

Crowley stared at the new angel--Castiel--for a moment, before glancing at Aziraphale. Backup was good, and all, but it was hard to imagine what one seraphim-class angel could do against Michael himself. Not to mention the heavenly host that was likely to swarm from the portal like a bunch of very large, righteous hornets.

Still, it was nice of the angel to have shown up. "Hi," Crowley said, giving him a little wave. "Name's Crowley. Demon. This is my friend Aziraphale." Aziraphale had probably already said so over angel radio, but it never hurt to be polite. Especially with angels. Touchy sorts, a lot of them. "It's nice of you to show, really, but please tell me your best idea isn't simply to stab whatever comes out of that portal."
Good Omens-Good Omens

36 Posts
5 Threads
Becky

Aziraphale jumps as an angel flutters to his side.

"Oh hello dear." Aziraphale says glancing up from his work. He hadn't meant to call for another angel and he certainly hadn't expected for one to actually show up. Castiel the angel had called himself. It wasn't a name that Aziraphale recognized. Still since he was nice enough to come, Aziraphale decides it's only fair that they fill him in.

"We're in a bit of a mess I'm afraid." Aziraphale says, "we've seem to have angered most of the heavenly host. We're trying to close the portal, but I'm afraid the spell isn't working as it should. If they break through the portal I'm afraid we'll have to fight and we are a bit out numbered."
Supernatural-TV

29 Posts
2 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

All Accounts Posts: 1,579
“Casss what have I told you about playing with strange cross dimensional Angels and Demons-“ Gabe unfolded himself from the wall he’d not been leaning against a few seconds ago. “They haven’t even been through quarantine yet. This is how we get rabies do you want rabies?” He plopped the pina colada lollipop back in his mouth.

Oh he had his Archangel blade tucked away ready to be drawn, and his grace obfuscated through the same protections that had hid his true nature for eons.
Supernatural-8th season?

125 Posts
7 Threads
Moon

Cas quirked an eyebrow at the introduction. "Well first things first- I've stabbed the king of hell, thrown a holy molotov cocktail at Michael, helped destroy more than one of the horsemen of the apocalypse, and aided in returning Lucifer to his cage for eternal torment." He shrugged slightly. "And also Crowley, the variant of you in my universe was much more impressive. Or, so I assume, if there is only one demon Crowley in each universe. The one in mine is the aforementioned King of Hell. Though I believe he smoked out rather than actually die to the wound."

"It's nice to meet you, and I do have Holy Oil, but Aziraphale would have to test that in a circle around himself for me to be certain that it works on angels of your realm. Although if it does, we could just light a ring of it around the portal, and problem is solved into the oil dries up." He explained, pulling the jug out from where he had tucked it into his trench coat.

He set it down where the other angel could reach it- though a small smile fluttered on his face when his brother arrived. "I have been inoculated, so I believe I am safe from such a malady."

Cas paused for a second, uncertain whether he ought to name the newest arrival- and if so, by what name? Also he sort of vaguely wanted a sucker now. He wondered if you could get a pie flavoured lollipop.
Good Omens-Book

22 Posts
1 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Starkly

A new angel appeared, snarking and complaining about rabies. On the one hand, Crowley was vaguely affronted. Ok the other hand, he was fairly sure he'd never heard an angel make a sarcastic quip before, and he was intrigued.

His estimation of the other angel also increased markedly as he described his feats. Then it made Crowley inch a little closer to Aziraphale, even as as his angel (well, not HIS, his) greeted the newcomers politely. It was obvious that both of the new angels, Cas and the snarky one, were far more powerful than your typical angel. And while they'd ostensibly shown up to help, there was really no telling whose sides they were really on. In fact, it was most likely that, being angels, they were on Heaven's side. And that was just dangerous.

He narrowed his eyes as Cas described his counterpart. His hand went reflexively to the stinging wound in his side as Cas calmly described stabbing him.

Edging in front of Aziraphale, he asked in what approximated a casual voice, even as the possibility of danger on both sides sung through him, "Who do you work for, then? Is it Heaven, this universe's Heaven? And why did you stab me? Angel--" he addressed Aziraphale, "I'm really not sure it's such a good idea to get in that circle."
Good Omens-Good Omens

36 Posts
5 Threads
Becky

Oh dear, Aziraphale gives a tiny sigh. He didn't really think this through very well. He definitely should have waited until Crowley was very far away before calling in angels. Crowley he mostly trusted to be polite, if only out of self preservation, but who knows what the angels will do.

Aziraphale frowns a but as Castiel explains how he stabbed another Crowley. Aziraphale supposes he can't be too angry. He's after all stabbed Crowley a few times before they made The Arrangement. Still, just to be safe, he tugs Crowley back a bit. He doesn't have time to play referee. Though he does listen closely for Castiel's answer to Crowley's question.

"Just a little circle of holy fire?" Aziraphale asks, "It's going to take a lot more holy fire than that to take out all the angels. After all we can handle a little holy fire, how else would we use our weapons?"
Supernatural-TV

29 Posts
2 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

All Accounts Posts: 1,579
Things Gabriel didn’t like.

War.
Other Angels.
War with other angels.

And guess what his little brother dragged him into today?

“Could always just vamoosh and let the someone else handle things.” For dads sake cas just once could you NOT stick your baby fresh head into everything?!

“Also-“ he rounded on the new pair, “We haven’t exactly gotten the 411 on WHY their heaven wants them dead.” His eyes flicked over the pair, “just because our heaven is filled with Dicks doesn’t mean every one who rebels isn't a asshat.” Gabe rolled his whole head over to eye ball cas. “Lucy and Mikey went Into the cage for a reason.”

Gabe snorted; “Cas doesn’t work for anyone let alone heaven anymore. Both of us are what you might call..” he grinned sucking loudly on his lime chili lollipop. “Outside agents.”
Supernatural-8th season?

125 Posts
7 Threads
Moon

Castiel smiled despite himself at his brother. "If I was forced to hazard a guess brother, I would suggest that they are perhaps in trouble because a demon and an angel are running away together." He retorted with a roll of his eyes, though for his brother's sake he did turn ever so slightly in case he needed to defend from the strangers they stood beside.

He arched an eyebrow at Aziraphale's proclamation. "You mean you do not simply use angel blades? Flaming weapons seem quite messy to me. And unnecessarily unpleasant." Shaking his head at them, Cas extended his hand in demonstration, quickly sliding the edge of his triangular blade across the back of it, such that they'd his grace shining through. "Much more efficient to use angel blades. One fatal wound to the vessel and the Angel dies with it. Regrettable for the vessel but saves needless suffering for either of them."

Cas dropped his stance in mild surprise when the demon started accusing him. "In my defense, his mother cursed me such that I was unable to not attack. Still, I resisted and if he had not been held in place with magic as well, I believe he could have easily escaped." He explained in a low rumble. He supposed perhaps he shouldn't have shared that with them- though Gabriel's response still made Cas smile again.

"As my brother said- Dean- the hunter I associate with- has referred to me as part of 'team free will', if you need a more accurate description. And Gabriel usually pretends to be a generic trickster, or Loki, depending on his mood." Castiel explained, accidentally dropping the other angel's name, though perhaps knowing they had an archangel on their side would help the other two to relax.
Good Omens-Book

22 Posts
1 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Starkly

As the new angel--the not Castiel angel-- rounded on them, accusing him and Aziraphale of... Something... And spouting nonsense about Michael and Lucifer of all beings bring trapped in a cage, Crowley raised his hand tentatively.

The angel in the trench coat had it sort of right so Crowley first used said hand to point at him and say, "Ding ding ding," like he'd gotten an answer on a gameshow. Then he explained, "Well, sort of. Our Heaven and Hell are not exactly thrilled we're running away together. Or friends at all. Bit of a sticking point over the last millennium or so. Oh, er, and they're also a bit tetchy over how we tried to stop the Apocalypse last year. To be fair, it want us who stopped it, but, y'know, failure to fulfill the ineffable mandate and all."

There was always the possibility that these angels would take as much offense, but he a was emboldened by how they'd called themselves outside agents, or "team free will."

Then he did a double take, because Castiel couldn't possibly have said... "GABRIEL?" He mouthed the word in a stage whisper to Aziraphale. He was backing up without even being aware of it, and he'd grabbed Aziraphale's free hand too, not thinking anything of it because he was far too busy thinking about how they probably both he vaporized in a second. Especially now that Gabriel knew what they'd done. He was muttering but barely listening to himself, "Angel, you heard him, that's Gabriel, and we should--let's go, come on."
Good Omens-Good Omens

36 Posts
5 Threads
Becky

The blade that Castiel slides out of his sleeve is stubby and rather unimpressive in Aziraphale's opinion. He honestly doesn't see how such a thing could kill a demon let alone an angel. But Castiel insisted that it could, and Aziraphale had no interest in testing that. He let's his blade flicker to life and holds it loosely at his side. A silent warning that if Castiel attacks with his weapon, Aziraphale will defend.

"Messy perhaps, but a flaming sword is the only way to be sure that the angel or demon won't come back. In our world killing the angel's vessel usually only temporarily sends the angel back to heaven." Aziraphale shrugs.

Then Castiel calls the new angel Gabriel and things rapidly deteriorate from there. Crowley grabs his hand, tugging him backwards. Aziraphale looks at this alleged Gabriel. He's leaning casually against the wall, not at all standing rigidly at attention. His clothes were also quite normal and not at all like the Biblical wear his own Gabriel preferred. Also, Castiel had called him a free agent and claimed he liked to pretend to be a pagon on occasion.

Aziraphale gently pulls his hand away.

"It's alright dear. I don't think they mean that Gabriel. Can you imagine an archangel pretending to be a pagon? Michael would have a fit and Gabriel would never. Besides dear, we still need to close the portal." Aziraphale says.