Star Trek-AOS

252 Posts
12 Threads
Job:
Ship Status: Single
Sexual Orientation: Heterosexual
Katie

All Accounts Posts: 575
Jaya had promised that she'd let Remy know as soon as she got back to the Hub, and she'd kept her word. Not that she expected him to come running as soon as he got the message, of course. There were plenty of things that could keep him away from her, he might not even be in the Hub at the moment.

For that matter, she had been gone a month. Remy might have found someone else to keep him busy in the meantime. Might even have found something enjoyable enough to keep him away from her, although she doubted that.

Or rather, she hoped that she was wrong, because it had been a long month. As she'd predicted, she hadn't had had the time or the need to entertain any of the visitors at her family's club, all of that time had been spent on reports, both oral and written, and answering questions from the leaders of the Orion Syndicate. There hadn't been any prospective buyers, or prospective suitors, because her family had thought her dead.

All of which was to say that she'd been quite celibate since she'd left the Hub, and now that she was home, she wanted to fix that. With Remy, if at all possible.
Marvel-Xmen comics-1

60 Posts
2 Threads
Job: Thief/Scout/Scoundrel
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Nyte

All Accounts Posts: 845
Remy had had a wild week. He had been more productive in the last three weeks than he’d been in months, maybe even in years. He’d completed jobs and heists at an alarming rate, taken risks he might not have normally taken, and drank more than his weight in bourbon. For all of that activity, he looked remarkably good; he had been active, many of the jobs he’d taken had been demanding, both in planning and execution, physically as well as mentally. While he had taken to drinking more than usual, he had also kept himself hydrated and well fed, which led to Remy being lean but not thin, strong while retaining his agility and dexterity.

Professionalism was a LeBeau expectation, and Remy lived up to that. He might live and party hard, but it never showed when he met a client or contact, and not a single fence either here in Hub or in any of the universes that he visited to sell off what he didn’t want to keep or hadn’t been contracted to deliver would say he was anything less than clever and shrewd. Still, there had been days he had had to set aside a job. There had been nights when he had simply dropped into his bed from exhaustion. Last night had been like that. The morning had Remy waking up hungry and bright eyed, with little food left in his apartment to make himself breakfast. When had he last restocked his cupboards? He didn’t remember.

The message from Jaya distracted him thoroughly. He had not, as might have been expected, leave to go see her immediately upon receipt of the message. Instead, he had sent the courier back to Jaya to let her know that Remy would come shortly, and then he moved back into his home, heading to the closet. Picking out clothes, a long shower, a shave, and then dressing took time, especially when he wanted to look at his best. He wouldn’t admit that out loud, but it had been over a month, and when she saw him again, Remy didn’t want to look like he’d been roughing it for the last week, even if he sort of had been. Jaya didn’t need to know that.

When Remy stepped into the Green Goddess for the first time in a month, he was well dressed, groomed, his crimson eyes bright and clear, and the smile on his face was the reserved almost-smirk that he always wore when he was coming to see Jaya.
Star Trek-AOS

252 Posts
12 Threads
Job:
Katie

As soon as Jaya had sent the messenger to find Remy and let him know that she was back, she'd set about getting ready for his arrival. Truthfully, she was a more than a little tired after her trip, but that didn't mean that she was going to look less than fresh and put together when Remy arrived. That was accomplished with a long, blissfully hot shower and a hot cup of tea made from a stimulating herb, and she was feeling much more alert, almost as though the water had washed off the much of the journey with her.

Her first impression, when she saw Remy was that he was looking well, but then she noticed that he also seemed to have shed a bit of weight while she was gone, making his normally lean frame even more whipcord thin. Still, he didn't look unhealthy, which meant it was probably a normal thing for him. Jaya could tell that Remy had taken the time to groom himself and put on fresh clothing, which was something that pleased her, because he wouldn't have bothered to do so if he hadn't wanted to make a good impression on her.

"Remy." she said, smiling in welcome as she closed the distance between them, and embraced him tightly "Its good to see you. I missed you when I was gone. I'm sorry that it was longer than I expected, but there was a great deal to arrange while I was at home. Have you been keeping busy?" asking both about his thieving, and if he'd kept his bed full while she'd been away.
Marvel-Xmen comics-1

60 Posts
2 Threads
Nyte

Remy didn’t rush. Not that he didn’t want to, but that wouldn’t be sending quite the right message, not really. Sure, he was eager to see her again, but he wasn’t desperate. (Or so he kept telling himself.) He had missed her, but it wasn’t as though he had been pining over her for the last month. (At least not that she knew of.) Rushing off like an overexcited puppy to go see her right away would send the wrong message. The relationship (which he would deny calling it) wasn’t like that; Remy wasn’t certain how Jaya would respond to something like that.

So he sent the messenger off, took a shower, dressed, got ready, and then went to the Green Goddess. He had lost weight, but as Jaya had noticed, he was far from unhealthy, and even hidden by his clothing it was evident that he had put on more muscle mass as well. Thieving was hard work, and Remy hadn’t been taking it easy since she’d left. Clean and wearing fresh clothes, Remy felt good, which showed in his posture, which exuded the confidence that she had seen from their first meeting.

That didn’t change the fact that he grinned wide and happily when he heard his name from her lips, reaching to pull her gently close to him as he returned her embrace, “Ah, Jaya, chere, et es good t’see yo’.” An understatement, but Remy let his body language, how close he held her, how wide his smile stretched, tell her that he had missed her much more than he was saying. “Ah, et canno’ be helped, I know, chere.” He chuckled, “I am always busy, oui. Dere has been much work fo’ me dis las’ month.” He didn’t mention his bed, primarily because he didn’t want to admit that he hadn’t desired the companionship of anyone else. It wasn’t as though he didn’t think or know that she couldn’t or wouldn’t find out that he hadn’t visited the club while she’d been gone; she was the proprietor, she could find out if she wanted, she might find out without so much as mentioning Remy, he had no idea, a lot depended on how much the staff at the Goddess tended to gossip, and how interested Jaya appeared to them, or how much they spoke with her on a regular basis, or a hundred other variables. But it wasn’t a secret, and he didn’t spend much time thinking on it.
Star Trek-AOS

252 Posts
12 Threads
Job:
Katie

Jaya, for her part, certainly wasn't going to admit to herself that she'd been waiting impatiently for Remy's arrival. After all, for all that cultivating him was useful, he wasn't a client, not in the usual sense. And yet, she couldn't stop from wanting to regard him as more than a pleasant diversion. Which was probably because he was sweet and thoughtful. So much so that it was easy to forget that he was a Terran. But he was a Terran, which meant that it was just a diversion, which meant that she certainly wasn't going to show how anxiously she'd been awaiting his arrival.

Except, perhaps, in how she embraced him, and kept her arms around him, head resting on his chest as he spoke. "Any exciting adventures?" she asked, smiling up at him. She enjoyed hearing stories of his missions, although she was sure that they were as heavily edited as some of the stories she'd told him about things that she'd done. Not that she thought he was being untruthful, but rather telling the story to leave out the parts that were distressing or distasteful, and focusing on the exciting and the comic. "I'm afraid I don't have anything exciting to tell you in turn, I'm afraid. I just spent a lot of time with my family." and making plans for expansion into the Hub, and eventually other worlds, but that was hardly something to be discussed in so public a setting.
Marvel-Xmen comics-1

60 Posts
2 Threads
Nyte

Remy walked to the Goddess. The weather was nice, and it wasn’t far. He walked most places, and as often as he visited the Green Goddess, he nearly always walked from his apartment. Today was no different. He felt jittery, his legs kept trying to break stride into a run, he yearned to see that smooth green skin, to run his hands through her silken hair, but he restrained himself. He could not hurry, could not be over eager. Yes, he was, of course, happy to know she was back, and looking forward to see her, but there was no point in coming out too strong. That would just send her packing; their relationship was no strings, he knew that.

Her embrace was warmer than he had really expected it to be. They’d been separated for over a month, he knew that his return embrace was just as warm as hers. Merde, but he had missed her. Desperately. Not that he would ever admit that out loud.

Chuckling, Remy shook his head, “Only small ones. Stole a few t’ings fo’ people, explored a new place o’ two.” He gave her a smile, “Went drinkin’ wit’ a frien’.” He told her about one of the jobs he went on; he didn’t give her specifics or details that would compromise his methods or future jobs, but he gave her the bulk of the story, the action. Just as he always did. Truthfully, he was more relieved that she had no exciting stories to share from while she had been gone; he had worried. He kept that to himself, though. “Time wit’ yo’ family es good, chere. I’m glad yo’ got t’see dem, et can be hard t’be separated fo’ long periods o’ time like dat.” He spoke from experience, of course.
Star Trek-AOS

252 Posts
12 Threads
Job:
Katie

Jaya hadn't realized how much she'd missed Remy until he was holding her. Until she'd felt his lips on hers, the warmth of his skin against hers. Realizing that she'd missed his smile and his simple presence while she'd been gone. It was a not entirely comfortable realization, that a Terran could mean so much to her, but, she reasoned, it was an indulgence that she could afford.

A friend. Well, she shouldn't have expected that he'd be alone or working the entire time she was gone. Still, it wouldn't do to display any jealousy, it wasn't as if he'd made her any promises, or as if she'd asked for any from him. "i'm glad that you had a friend to keep you occupied while I was away, sweetness." she lied, kissing him lightly. Carefully not asking if the friend had been pretty. "I hope your friend won't mind to much if you spend a little time with me, now that I'm back." after all, if he'd formed an attachment, she could hardly object, especially if it was to a female of his own species.

"It was good to spend time with my family." she continued "Everyone is well, and the best news is that I won't be entirely separated from them. My cousin Nala and my uncle Ruvet came back with me, and will be working at the Green Goddess now." she smiled "And the Orion Syndicate is going to be monitoring the portal, so I'll be able to communicate with home."