Star Trek-AOS

291 Posts
17 Threads
Job:
Ship Status: Single
Sexual Orientation: Heterosexual
Katie

All Accounts Posts: 746
Jaya had promised that she'd let Remy know as soon as she got back to the Hub, and she'd kept her word. Not that she expected him to come running as soon as he got the message, of course. There were plenty of things that could keep him away from her, he might not even be in the Hub at the moment.

For that matter, she had been gone a month. Remy might have found someone else to keep him busy in the meantime. Might even have found something enjoyable enough to keep him away from her, although she doubted that.

Or rather, she hoped that she was wrong, because it had been a long month. As she'd predicted, she hadn't had had the time or the need to entertain any of the visitors at her family's club, all of that time had been spent on reports, both oral and written, and answering questions from the leaders of the Orion Syndicate. There hadn't been any prospective buyers, or prospective suitors, because her family had thought her dead.

All of which was to say that she'd been quite celibate since she'd left the Hub, and now that she was home, she wanted to fix that. With Remy, if at all possible.
Marvel-Xmen comics-1

100 Posts
2 Threads
Job: Thief/Scout/Scoundrel
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Nyte

All Accounts Posts: 975
Remy had had a wild week. He had been more productive in the last three weeks than he’d been in months, maybe even in years. He’d completed jobs and heists at an alarming rate, taken risks he might not have normally taken, and drank more than his weight in bourbon. For all of that activity, he looked remarkably good; he had been active, many of the jobs he’d taken had been demanding, both in planning and execution, physically as well as mentally. While he had taken to drinking more than usual, he had also kept himself hydrated and well fed, which led to Remy being lean but not thin, strong while retaining his agility and dexterity.

Professionalism was a LeBeau expectation, and Remy lived up to that. He might live and party hard, but it never showed when he met a client or contact, and not a single fence either here in Hub or in any of the universes that he visited to sell off what he didn’t want to keep or hadn’t been contracted to deliver would say he was anything less than clever and shrewd. Still, there had been days he had had to set aside a job. There had been nights when he had simply dropped into his bed from exhaustion. Last night had been like that. The morning had Remy waking up hungry and bright eyed, with little food left in his apartment to make himself breakfast. When had he last restocked his cupboards? He didn’t remember.

The message from Jaya distracted him thoroughly. He had not, as might have been expected, leave to go see her immediately upon receipt of the message. Instead, he had sent the courier back to Jaya to let her know that Remy would come shortly, and then he moved back into his home, heading to the closet. Picking out clothes, a long shower, a shave, and then dressing took time, especially when he wanted to look at his best. He wouldn’t admit that out loud, but it had been over a month, and when she saw him again, Remy didn’t want to look like he’d been roughing it for the last week, even if he sort of had been. Jaya didn’t need to know that.

When Remy stepped into the Green Goddess for the first time in a month, he was well dressed, groomed, his crimson eyes bright and clear, and the smile on his face was the reserved almost-smirk that he always wore when he was coming to see Jaya.
Star Trek-AOS

291 Posts
17 Threads
Job:
Katie

As soon as Jaya had sent the messenger to find Remy and let him know that she was back, she'd set about getting ready for his arrival. Truthfully, she was a more than a little tired after her trip, but that didn't mean that she was going to look less than fresh and put together when Remy arrived. That was accomplished with a long, blissfully hot shower and a hot cup of tea made from a stimulating herb, and she was feeling much more alert, almost as though the water had washed off the much of the journey with her.

Her first impression, when she saw Remy was that he was looking well, but then she noticed that he also seemed to have shed a bit of weight while she was gone, making his normally lean frame even more whipcord thin. Still, he didn't look unhealthy, which meant it was probably a normal thing for him. Jaya could tell that Remy had taken the time to groom himself and put on fresh clothing, which was something that pleased her, because he wouldn't have bothered to do so if he hadn't wanted to make a good impression on her.

"Remy." she said, smiling in welcome as she closed the distance between them, and embraced him tightly "Its good to see you. I missed you when I was gone. I'm sorry that it was longer than I expected, but there was a great deal to arrange while I was at home. Have you been keeping busy?" asking both about his thieving, and if he'd kept his bed full while she'd been away.
Marvel-Xmen comics-1

100 Posts
2 Threads
Nyte

Remy didn’t rush. Not that he didn’t want to, but that wouldn’t be sending quite the right message, not really. Sure, he was eager to see her again, but he wasn’t desperate. (Or so he kept telling himself.) He had missed her, but it wasn’t as though he had been pining over her for the last month. (At least not that she knew of.) Rushing off like an overexcited puppy to go see her right away would send the wrong message. The relationship (which he would deny calling it) wasn’t like that; Remy wasn’t certain how Jaya would respond to something like that.

So he sent the messenger off, took a shower, dressed, got ready, and then went to the Green Goddess. He had lost weight, but as Jaya had noticed, he was far from unhealthy, and even hidden by his clothing it was evident that he had put on more muscle mass as well. Thieving was hard work, and Remy hadn’t been taking it easy since she’d left. Clean and wearing fresh clothes, Remy felt good, which showed in his posture, which exuded the confidence that she had seen from their first meeting.

That didn’t change the fact that he grinned wide and happily when he heard his name from her lips, reaching to pull her gently close to him as he returned her embrace, “Ah, Jaya, chere, et es good t’see yo’.” An understatement, but Remy let his body language, how close he held her, how wide his smile stretched, tell her that he had missed her much more than he was saying. “Ah, et canno’ be helped, I know, chere.” He chuckled, “I am always busy, oui. Dere has been much work fo’ me dis las’ month.” He didn’t mention his bed, primarily because he didn’t want to admit that he hadn’t desired the companionship of anyone else. It wasn’t as though he didn’t think or know that she couldn’t or wouldn’t find out that he hadn’t visited the club while she’d been gone; she was the proprietor, she could find out if she wanted, she might find out without so much as mentioning Remy, he had no idea, a lot depended on how much the staff at the Goddess tended to gossip, and how interested Jaya appeared to them, or how much they spoke with her on a regular basis, or a hundred other variables. But it wasn’t a secret, and he didn’t spend much time thinking on it.
Star Trek-AOS

291 Posts
17 Threads
Job:
Katie

Jaya, for her part, certainly wasn't going to admit to herself that she'd been waiting impatiently for Remy's arrival. After all, for all that cultivating him was useful, he wasn't a client, not in the usual sense. And yet, she couldn't stop from wanting to regard him as more than a pleasant diversion. Which was probably because he was sweet and thoughtful. So much so that it was easy to forget that he was a Terran. But he was a Terran, which meant that it was just a diversion, which meant that she certainly wasn't going to show how anxiously she'd been awaiting his arrival.

Except, perhaps, in how she embraced him, and kept her arms around him, head resting on his chest as he spoke. "Any exciting adventures?" she asked, smiling up at him. She enjoyed hearing stories of his missions, although she was sure that they were as heavily edited as some of the stories she'd told him about things that she'd done. Not that she thought he was being untruthful, but rather telling the story to leave out the parts that were distressing or distasteful, and focusing on the exciting and the comic. "I'm afraid I don't have anything exciting to tell you in turn, I'm afraid. I just spent a lot of time with my family." and making plans for expansion into the Hub, and eventually other worlds, but that was hardly something to be discussed in so public a setting.
Marvel-Xmen comics-1

100 Posts
2 Threads
Nyte

Remy walked to the Goddess. The weather was nice, and it wasn’t far. He walked most places, and as often as he visited the Green Goddess, he nearly always walked from his apartment. Today was no different. He felt jittery, his legs kept trying to break stride into a run, he yearned to see that smooth green skin, to run his hands through her silken hair, but he restrained himself. He could not hurry, could not be over eager. Yes, he was, of course, happy to know she was back, and looking forward to see her, but there was no point in coming out too strong. That would just send her packing; their relationship was no strings, he knew that.

Her embrace was warmer than he had really expected it to be. They’d been separated for over a month, he knew that his return embrace was just as warm as hers. Merde, but he had missed her. Desperately. Not that he would ever admit that out loud.

Chuckling, Remy shook his head, “Only small ones. Stole a few t’ings fo’ people, explored a new place o’ two.” He gave her a smile, “Went drinkin’ wit’ a frien’.” He told her about one of the jobs he went on; he didn’t give her specifics or details that would compromise his methods or future jobs, but he gave her the bulk of the story, the action. Just as he always did. Truthfully, he was more relieved that she had no exciting stories to share from while she had been gone; he had worried. He kept that to himself, though. “Time wit’ yo’ family es good, chere. I’m glad yo’ got t’see dem, et can be hard t’be separated fo’ long periods o’ time like dat.” He spoke from experience, of course.
Star Trek-AOS

291 Posts
17 Threads
Job:
Katie

Jaya hadn't realized how much she'd missed Remy until he was holding her. Until she'd felt his lips on hers, the warmth of his skin against hers. Realizing that she'd missed his smile and his simple presence while she'd been gone. It was a not entirely comfortable realization, that a Terran could mean so much to her, but, she reasoned, it was an indulgence that she could afford.

A friend. Well, she shouldn't have expected that he'd be alone or working the entire time she was gone. Still, it wouldn't do to display any jealousy, it wasn't as if he'd made her any promises, or as if she'd asked for any from him. "i'm glad that you had a friend to keep you occupied while I was away, sweetness." she lied, kissing him lightly. Carefully not asking if the friend had been pretty. "I hope your friend won't mind to much if you spend a little time with me, now that I'm back." after all, if he'd formed an attachment, she could hardly object, especially if it was to a female of his own species.

"It was good to spend time with my family." she continued "Everyone is well, and the best news is that I won't be entirely separated from them. My cousin Nala and my uncle Ruvet came back with me, and will be working at the Green Goddess now." she smiled "And the Orion Syndicate is going to be monitoring the portal, so I'll be able to communicate with home."
Marvel-Xmen comics-1

100 Posts
2 Threads
Nyte

The problem with Remy was that he had realized how much he had missed Jaya while she’d been gone. He’d been, to quote Pete, melancholic. Prone to silence instead of snark, and emotion instead of bluster. It had been a period of time in his life that he didn’t really want to repeat. Now that Jaya was back, in his arms, lips pressing a soft kiss to his own, he didn’t want to let her go again. And that was unacceptable. There were rules to this sort of thing; no strings meant no deeper emotion. And yet Remy couldn’t deny that he had developed feelings for the Orion woman, at least, he couldn’t deny it to himself, not anymore, not after today, at this feeling of heady relief and thrill to have her back. It was a dangerous thing, what he was doing, and he knew it. He knew how risky this could be… To his heart, and to his reputation. But so what if people saw him spending more time with Jaya? No one could fault him for his taste in women; Jaya was undeniably beautiful, she possessed excellent manners, and her upbringing was good, even if she had been raised to be what amounted to a prostitute.

Remy really didn’t care.

The fact that ‘a friend’ might indicate something more than exactly what Remy said didn’t hit home until he saw the careful way she replied. Arching a brow at the unexpected words, Remy shook his head, “Non, Jaya,” he leaned away only far enough to be able to look her in the eye, “I t’ink dat Pete es probably happy t’be rid o’ dis Cajun so he can go back t’chasin’ skirts.” The too-serious look he’d been wearing broke as he chuckled, shaking his head, “Dat man es a menace, chere, but he es a good frien’.” There were no other attachments; Remy had stopped seeing anyone else as he had taken to seeing Jaya more and more.

Nodding, Remy gave Jaya a gentle squeeze to show her that he was happy for her. He’d been separated from his family for more than a decade now, and he knew how lonely that could be. How despondent you could easily become when you were cut off from your support structure and those you cared about and loved. “Ah, I will miss de bartender I knew,” he said of Ruvet, but he did so with a smile - he could get to know the real man now, and hopefully the real version would like him as the ghost had. “Dat es very good. Being able t’go home, t’talk to yo’ famile, et es important.”
Star Trek-AOS

291 Posts
17 Threads
Job:
Katie

Jaya, for her part, knew why Remy appealed to her so much-he was kind, thoughtful, mannerly and well brought up. The kind of Terran that made it very, very difficult to remember that he was from an entirely different species. Which meant that there was a real risk of her judgement being compromised when it came to Remy. Yet, even as she reminded herself of that, Jaya couldn't help but think that in a very real way, it didn't matter. It wasn't as though Remy was interested in anything more than mutual pleasure, and the fact that he was so normal was proof that it might be possible, here in the Hub to do business with Terrans. Not to mention the fact that his network of contact's and his Guild's network of contacts, made him a very desirable partner, from a strictly practical point of view. Not that she wanted him as a partner, of course.

What she did want was to sink into his embrace and rejoice in the fact that he was here, and he was with her, and that neither one would let the other go. That she wasn't going to have to leave the Hub for long periods at a time. And, if she was being honest, enjoying the knowledge that this friend was a Terran male, since she knew that Remy had no interest in his own sex. Which was a welcome novelty, based on what she'd seen of Terran males so far. "I don't think I've met him." Jaya replied. Which was unusual, given that the Green Goddess was an excellent place to catch women "Perhaps you could introduce me, sweetness." after all, a friend of Remy's might be a contact worth cultivating.

"Now you'll get a chance to meet the real person." Jaya said "If you could do a favor-Kaalth asked that no one tell Nala about the copies. I've spoken to Ruvet about his copy, but....if you could keep quiet, it might be for the best."
Marvel-Xmen comics-1

100 Posts
2 Threads
Nyte

Remy was a product of his upbringing. A son of Hhe Lebeau family, adopted or not, was expected to learn his manners and use his mind. Spending his youngest years had taught him what it was to want, and being a mutant had taught him the value of kindness. Add to that the fact that the Cajun had very real feelings for Jaya, and the reasons for his manners grew very clear indeed. Not that he ever gave her any explanation; she had never really asked, and he hadn't thought about it. Remy hadn't even recognized the depths of his feelings until Jaya had left.

He was very aware that this relationship was no-strings, meant for their mutual enjoyment and nothing really more.

Even with that fact firmly in mind as he walked into the Green Goddess, Remy couldn’t help but to revel in the embrace with Jaya, wrapping his arms around her, smiling honestly, the brightness of it lighting his eyes as he leaned and kissed her boldly but warmly. Perhaps if she hadn’t been gone a month and change he wouldn’t have risked the quiet, subtly emotional embrace, perhaps the kiss would have been less of a need. Perhaps, but perhaps not. As it was, Remy had missed Jaya, and while he didn’t speak of it more than to say he was happy she was back, his actions spoke for him.

Introduce her? To Pete Wisdom? A trill of something went through Remy, igniting his nerves the way he imagined electricity would, and he frowned, but hid the expression from Jaya, leaning forward to press his cheek against her temple. Voice soft, he murmured, “If yo’ like,” in her ear. He didn’t really like the idea of Jaya and Pete together, actually. The idea of Jaya being with others didn’t bother him, but for her to sleep with his friend? That did bother him. Still, he wouldn’t stop her if that was what she wanted. That wasn’t their relationship.

Nodding, Remy smiled, “I look forward to et.” Remy had met plenty of the ‘real’ people that he had known as echoes; it was rare that they were exactly the same, but they were usually similar enough. He just had to hope that Ruvet was the same charming Orion man that Remy had gotten to know over his time spent at the Goddess. “I will no’ say a t’ing, chere. T’ief’s honor.” He grinned at those last words, leaning to press his lips to her forehead, “T’ough, I do no’ t’ink dat secrets es de way t’having a good relationship.”
Star Trek-AOS

291 Posts
17 Threads
Job:
Katie

Jaya knew what the terms of their relationship were at the moment, and since that was set and settled, which meant that now, at this moment, all she was concerned with was enjoying everything about being with Remy with all the enthusiasm of her sensual nature. If that enjoyment involved his conversation and the simple joy of being in his arms as well as in coupling with him, well, so much the better.

She noticed the slight change in his tone, felt the frown against her head. Terran males often disliked a friend coupling with a female that they had coupled with, although she had never quite been able to determine if it was instinct, or some sort of a cultural taboo, but in any case, she saw no reason to distress Remy by taking Pete on as a client. Not when she could easily nudge Padma or Nala in Pete's direction. "I don't wish to couple with him, sweetness." she said, then pressed a kiss to Remy's collar bone "I just want to meet him, because he's your friend and because I've heard that he has a large number of contacts." not that she'd object if Remy changed his mind, but there was no need to bring that up at the moment.

"I'm not certain that it is wise either, but Kaalth requested it, and so I'm going along with it. I have to admit, I don't know how Nala would react to finding out that I made a copy of her, and part of me is glad that I won't have to find out. At least not right away."
Marvel-Xmen comics-1

100 Posts
2 Threads
Nyte

Right now, Remy settled into what he could have. This, he could have this, holding Jaya, arms settled around her. Holding, comforting, taking a few moments to just enjoy being able to hold Jaya again now that he finally could.

To be fair, Remy didn’t have a problem with Jaya sleeping with whomever she wanted. Exclusivity wasn’t their relationship; he’d never asked for it to be, and she had never asked him to be exclusive with her as well, which meant that if she wanted to seek out Pete and start a relationship with him, that was her right and prerogative. Even if Remy didn’t like the idea. It wasn’t just jealousy over Jaya, either. Pete was Remy’s friend, they’d slept with the same woman before, but Jaya was… Different. Remy cared about her past the momentary enjoyments. She had become a part of his daily life, his routine, and he didn’t want to lose that; more than just sex, Remy enjoyed just spending time with Jaya, talking to her, having actual conversations with her. Her reassurance that she didn’t want to meet him to sleep with him earned a shrug, “Den don’. Pete es a good frien’. Jus’...” Remy shrugged, “Don’ be surprised if he flirts wit’ yo’. He likes t’...ah...chase after women.”

To a certain extent, Remy could understanding Kaalth’s desire not to have Nala know about her copy. And Jaya’s concerns were understandable as well. But at the same time.. “Jus’... Building a relationship on a lie, or an omission o’ truth, es no’ a healthy t’ing. S’long as yo’ an’ Kaalth understan’ dat…” Remy shrugged, “I won’ say anyt’ing.”
Star Trek-AOS

291 Posts
17 Threads
Job:
Katie

"I'm never surprised when a male flirts with me, sweetness." Jaya said, her tone amused "But let me tell you a secret..." she continued, shifting so that her lips were close to his ear "they only catch me when I want to be caught." she whispered, breath hot in his ear, then teeth nipping at his earlobe.

"I agree with you." Jaya replied "If it was just my choice, I'd tell her. But its Kaalth's choice as well, so we'll see how it goes." the way that Remy spoke about building a relationship on secrets reminded her of something that she hadn't told him about, although it was possible that he'd heard some rumors. In any case, since she was trying to earn his trust, and cultivate closeness to him, so now seemed like a good time to reveal something about Orions, and the ways that they differed from Terrans. "There is something that I wish to tell you, not a lie, but an omission I'd like to correct, but I think its a conversation best held in private."

Remy nodded his agreement, and she lead him off to her bedroom, then sat down on the bed, with him beside her "This is something I perhaps should have told you about before, but it isn't just something about me, or us, its my species. This isn't something that we normally share with outsiders, but after what you said about trust, and not wanting secrets, I think perhaps I should let you know." Remy seemed a little concerned by this, but she continued, her voice calm.

"My species is different than yours, as you've noticed, but it goes beyond skin color. Orions make pheromones that are more potent, and more noticeable than what Terrans produce. For us, its almost another form of communication, like posture and tone of voice is, and for Orion women, pheromone production is something that we can control. Both the kind we're producing, and how powerful they are. We don't force someone to desire us sexually, or to do what we want-that is forbidden, unless its truly a matter of life and death, but we do use them to make someone do what they already want to do. Its one of the reasons why males find us so attractive, and sometimes we use the pheromones to enhance desire, and to make the physical act of coupling more pleasurable." which she'd done with Remy a few times, and which was something that she wasn't sure how he'd react to knowing about.
Marvel-Xmen comics-1

100 Posts
2 Threads
Nyte

Well perhaps not. Jaya was a very beautiful woman, and of course men would want to flirt with her… Remy grinned at her ‘secret’ and then gave a soft groan of enjoyment at the feel of teeth against his earlobe. “Well,” he murmured back to her, “So glad yo’ wanted Remy t’catch yo’...”

Jaya’s agreement with him, that she’d rather tell Nala and be done with it instead of keeping secrets and telling lies was a relief. Remy didn’t want any of his relationships built from that sort of cracked foundation; the idea of starting something that he wanted to build on from something so unstable was not a good one. And then Jaya was admitting that she had something that she wanted to tell him, not a lie, but an omission, and she wanted to make it right with him.

Of course Remy nodded his agreement to hear this omission. Any time a partner of any sort wanted to come clean about something, it was best to hear them out, consider the ramifications of whatever it was they had to say, and to do so in private. The world did not need to be privy to any of it. He followed Jaya to her bedroom, smiling slightly as they sat down on the bed, and letting her speak. She had a lot to say. This was something about her species, her people, and she maybe should have told him before now. Well… Remy proceeded with caution. He was glad that whatever this was, Jaya was telling him now, but at the same time, why not sooner? What could have held her tongue?

The differences between Orion and Human were miriad. Yes, the skin color (though Remy had seen mutants with similar skin color, so how much did that really count?), but Orions were stronger as well (though again, he had met mutants that were just as strong if not stronger than Orions) but obviously the differences ran ever deeper than those things.

Pheromones. There were mutants with the ability to manipulate pheromones, or who gave them off more than baseline humans. Remy shifted, watching Jaya, and continuing to listen to what she had to say. And he was listening intently, too, leaning toward her, crimson and black eyes watching her carefully.

And he considered what she told him. They didn’t force someone to desire them sexually, they didn’t enforce their will on someone, but they… What? Lowered inhibitions and heightened pleasure?

The grin that broke out over Remy’s face was genuine, reaching his eyes as he leaned forward to press his lips to hers in a gentle but less than chaste kiss that only lasted a couple of moments before the Cajun pulled back, looking at her more seriously, “I do no’ find yo’ attractive because o’ yo’ beauty, Jaya. Oh, do no’ get me wrong, et es one o’ de reasons, but…” he reached to caress her cheek, “Yo’ are intelligent, witty, an’ charmant. Dat’ does no’ come from pheromones.” He straightened, shaking his head, “Yo’ do no’ force people t’do t’ings, yo’ do no’ change dere minds wit’ dis ability,” he shrugged, “Et es jus’ anot’er part o’ yo’, chere.”

He took a deep breath, “Yo’ know I am a mutant, oui?” He nodded when she did, and then continued, “I have an ability no’ so different den yours. I do no’ use et unless I must. Et es… No’ right t’do so.” He shifted, “I can use my voice t’make yo’ wan’ t’do what I tell yo’ to. I do no’ like et, an’ I do no’ use et.” Remy lowered his eyes, shaking his head, “No’ everyone believes me when I say I do no’ use et on people.”
Star Trek-AOS

291 Posts
17 Threads
Job:
Katie

Jaya was relieved when Remy reacted so well to her revelation-based on some of the horror stories that she'd learned in while she was being trained, she'd been expecting him to storm off at best, and was prepared for the chance that he'd try to beat her before he left, to pay her back for the betrayal. Instead he'd accepted it, and, more than that, had rushed to reassure her of his devotion. Even if his words did show that he truly didn't understand the effects of her pheromones. "I'm glad you're so accepting, sweetness." Jaya said, relaxing against him "Most Terrans, most non-Orions aren't nearly as accepting if they find out what we can do. " she smiled, as she continued, Remy was intelligent, and worth the time to educate him "I'm flattered, but the truth is that some of the reason why you find me so appealing is because of the pheromones. Its like adding just the right spices to a dish that would be good even if left plain. Do you see? But yes, it is part of who I am, and not a part that I'm ashamed of. My abilities are ones that all Orion women share, and our culture is-its affected how men and women relate to each other, in any number of ways. Its part of who we are, what makes us different from other species."

"I believe that you do not use this ability." Jaya said, which was true, because she'd have noticed if he used it on her, or around her place. It was astonishing, though. That a Terran, a male Terran at that, would have an ability so like that of Orions. More to the point, he'd chosen to use it ethically, even though his choice was clearly rooted in shame. Which was even more astonishing, males were typically so driven by their emotions, so lacking in the mental discipline needed to learn that kind of control. It underscored what a truly special person Remy said. "Its to your credit that you don't abuse it, especially since I know you can't have gotten proper instruction. But you shouldn't be ashamed of your gifts, or think it is wrong to use them. Not to harm someone, or to compel them against their will, but to nudge someone in a direction they already want to take, I cannot see the harm. Or the difference between that and what I do, when I use my pheromones to calm down a rowdy drunk, or make a handsome male who has caught my eye notice me."

After a moment's thought she said "I wonder what it would feel like." both for the sake of it, and because she'd want to know in case he ever did use his power on her "Will you show me? Not anything of importance, but-" she thought for a moment and then said "I know-tell me to kiss you."
Marvel-Xmen comics-1

100 Posts
2 Threads
Nyte

There were several reasons that Remy accepted what Jaya could do as easily as he did. First of all, he hardly had room to judge her harshly for her ability, not with what he could do. Second of all, Jaya had said that she didn’t use her pheromones to force someone to do things they didn’t want to do, only to loosen their inhibitions enough to allow them to do the things they did want to do. Remy could accept that easily; alcohol did much the same - as much as people liked to blame their bad behavior on it, alcohol did nothing to force you into anything. Remy drank, and sometimes he did stupid things when he was drunk. Those stupid things were still his own decisions, as impaired as they might have been. He had no drive or interest in lashing out at her, he didn’t feel betrayed. Hell, that she was telling him about this showed that she didn’t want to betray him, that she trusted him, not with her own secret but a secret of her entire race. This was part of who she was, just as his own abilities were part of who he was, he didn’t think she had anything to be ashamed of, or anything she should feel like she had to hide. Nodding, he considered, “Oui, but dat don’ mean I wouldn’ like de dish wit’out dose spices.” He leaned to brush a kiss against her lips, “Non, not’ing t’be ashamed of, chere.”

Most people actually didn’t notice when he did use his ability. In fact, in his experience, no one had ever noticed. Not that he used that particular ability often in order to test if people noticed or not, but… “Mos’ people would be angry if dey foun’ out I used et on dem. So I don’.” He had used it in the past… “Unless et es necessary.” He chuckled when she said he shouldn’t be ashamed of what he could do, “I would be ashamed if I used et unethically, chere. But I do no’ do dat.” Nudging someone to do what they already wanted to do was more difficult for Remy with his abilities, but it was possible. Still…

”--Tell me to kiss you.”

Remy tilted his head, “Ah, chere…” It wasn’t as though what she was asking was too much, but it was hard to work up to something like that on command. So instead of simply commanding her to do what he wanted, he pulled her close to him, nuzzling her neck and caressing her hair lightly for a few long moments before he finally pulled away to meet her eyes, bringing up a hand to brush his knuckles along her cheek gently, “Kiss me, chere,” the words were less a forceful command and more a gentle, seductive purr, but they held all the more power for it.
Star Trek-AOS

291 Posts
17 Threads
Job:
Katie

As the conversation continued, Jaya realized that she was going to have a great deal to think about. To report back to the Orion Syndicate. That Remy was so accepting of her abilities was welcome, if unexpected. That he had similar abilities of his own, and had learned to use them properly was something that required further investigation.

"I agree, but you're the first Terran I've met who has had that attitude. Most of them feel that, well, I think your own experiences have taught you what they think." she brushed a kiss across his jaw and asked "where did you get your ethics, sweetness? I don't think I've-most Terrans wouldn't even know where to begin, instructing a child with those abilities." she'd known that he was from a different subspecies than the Terrans she was familiar with, but hadn't really asked him for an explanation.

Remy asked, and she kissed him. Kissed him because she wanted to, because kissing him was the only possible response to the request. Kissed him deep and long and passionately, and when the kiss ended, she realized that she'd done it because he'd used his power to make that happen. The effect had been-she wouldn't have realized, except that she knew it was coming, and she understood for the first time, a little of what it must be like for Terrans who'd been affected by Orion pheromones, feeling the effects, but unable to know what the cause was. The revelation was something she'd need to consider more later but at the moment, the thought sent a little thrill through her. It was like the thrill she got being with an Orion man, knowing that he could physically overpower her, if he wanted, but knowing that he wouldn't, because Orion men didn't do that, and because her pheromones could stop him. This was the same thing, except that she was trusting him not to make her into a puppet because he was Remy, and she trusted him. Just as he trusted her not to use her abilities to make a puppet of him, and that was something worth considering too.

But that could wait for later.

Right now, she simply smiled, said "That you for showing me yours. Now let me show you mine." before she deliberately increased her pheromone output in a way that would make him eager and compliant and said "Kiss me."
Marvel-Xmen comics-1

100 Posts
2 Threads
Nyte

Every mutant power was unique. They (humans and mutants alike) put powers into categories, because it was easier that way, and because some powers were more like some than others. But no two sets of wings were the same, no two teleporters or telepaths did things exactly the same way. Remy's charm? He was pretty sure it was unique, more akin to empathy than telepathy. He had learned carefully, and with great patience from his family.

"Oui. Mm. etes different when yo' have a similar ability, but dat does no’ make dem right, Chere." where did he get his ethics? "ma famile, o' course. Mon Pere et frere taught me how t' be honorable an’ ethical. We es t'ieves, but we still have ethics an' honor." He watched Jaya before he shrugged, "En my world, chere, mutants - people wit’ abilities - aren't so uncommon. People have begun t' learn how t' raise mutant children. An’ I was adopted by a famile dat already valued ethics, so et was win-win, oui?”

Remy's wards weren't a request so much as a gentle nudge. He told her, tenderly, to do something, and she wanted to do it. It was simple. She kissed him, and of course Remy kissed her back, but he let her lead in this embrace, he had told her to kiss him, but not how or for how long., those decisions Remy had purposely left to her. He could have told her how he wanted her to kiss him, and if he had, he knew she would have obeyed, but he wasn’t interested in having a puppet. This was for educational purposes; Remy did not use this gift to win women to his bed, he didn’t need to. Yes, he could order her about, command her, and make her dance for him, fulfilling every desire he had, but he wouldn’t. Neither did he expect her to do so to him, either.

Trust was a very powerful thing, and knowing what he knew now, what Jaya could do if she wanted, well, he found that his trust seemed to have been well placed. Certainly, they’d slept together, but Remy didn’t feel as though he couldn’t say no. He never felt compelled to come see her, or to do much of anything with her.

When she unleashed her own ability on him, he understood. His already dark eyes grew even darker in a way she was now well familiar with, and he all but growled out a breath as he moved to hold her to him, long lithe fingers caressing along the shell of her ear before threading into her hair as he murmured, “Oh, I’ll do so much more den jus’ kiss yo’, chere.” But then he did exactly that, kissing her long and deep and dirty all while holding her gently and with care. And he realized, after, what it was that had driven him to grow so heated so quickly, but honestly, he didn't mind. There had been no real compulsion. Remy would have kissed her had she asked without the pheromones, and he was pretty sure they both knew that...
Star Trek-AOS

291 Posts
17 Threads
Job:
Katie

"Of course it doesn't make them right, sweetness." Jaya agreed, kissing him again. "I understand completely." she said, when he described what he'd been taught by his family "When I hear you speak of your family, it reminds me of my own, of the way I was brought up." which was a odd, and somewhat disquieting thought, that Terrans could be so normal. Perhaps living in a world where the Federation didn't exist, where biology had taken a different path had changed them. "Its good, that you found such a family, one that was able to teach you how to use your talents properly."

But that was something that she'd think about more later. Right now she was kissing him, deeply and eagerly and if she was doing so at his command, that only added spice to the kiss.
And then he was acting on her instructions, kissing her, and promising to do so much more than that, and oh, she could tell from the way he kissed her that he meant every word of his promise. Yes, it was a promise that he'd have made even if he wasn't intoxicated by her pheromones, but it was a delicious thing, to be reminded that she could affect him in such a way. There was something about having sex with a man who wanted every bit of her, that aroused her on a level that nothing else could, and Jaya had a very passionate nature.

Exactly how passionate was something that showed in the way that she returned his kiss, her hunger and want matching his own. And in the way that, since they weren't hiding their abilities, she pulled him down onto the bed, half on top of her as she began to relearn the feel of his body, exploring the lean, muscled planes of his back. He might be a Terran, but he was very strong and very well muscled, and she reveled in that, in what she'd learned about his abilities, in everything about being with this man, in a way that she'd thought that she could with a Terran.
Marvel-Xmen comics-1

100 Posts
2 Threads
Nyte

His family. “Dere es not’ing I would no’ do fo’ ma famile, Jaya.” She didn’t know that he was exiled. Oh, she knew that he was in Hub, away from his family, and that he did not go home, and that he did not speak about going home. It was, in essence, a secret between them, but it wasn’t truly a secret; if it came up, he would tell her, but it hadn’t really come up, and it was a sore point for Remy. “Oui. An’ I miss dem when dey are no’ here en Hub.” He did, terribly. And after having Henri and Mercy around for this long, he knew that when they did go home, he would miss them all the more for having had them for so long. “But oui, I was very lucky t’have found dem.”

There was a thrill to telling someone to do something, and having them immediately obey you without hesitation. There was a deeper thrill that ran through Remy when Jaya didn’t only kiss him, but kissed him with heat and passion. And then it was her giving the command, and Remy understood intellectually that this was her pheromones at work but he didn’t mind. He had wanted to kiss her before, even before he’d told her to kiss him, and now that desire had only built, both because of time as well as the pheromones she gave off. Did she need her pheromones for him to want to kiss her? No. Did it add to the desire he already felt? He was sure it did. But he’d feel the desire to be with her anyway. He promised her more than just a kiss, and he truly did mean those words. But first, the kiss.

She pulled him down and Remy let her, following her onto the bed eagerly. Remy didn’t just work out; he used the muscles Jaya was currently caressing in his work, he pushed himself to and sometimes even past what he was capable of as a matter of routine. He was strong, but he was also dextrous and agile, the fingers that shifted gently through her hair lithe and capable. He had missed her, and while he couldn’t, or maybe wouldn’t, tell her how much he had missed her verbally, he instead used this opportunity to show her.