Emberverse-Main

52 Posts
11 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Katie

All Accounts Posts: 575
Luthien was always restless the day after a fight. Staying in the room she was sharing with Queth and Belle was stifling, she needed to move, to talk to someone-well, what she needed was to get laid, to be totally honest. Laid or drunk or both, and that likely wasn't happening, given that Arjay was recovering from a serious wound.

Unless.....

Almost without meaning too, what had been intended as the start of a walk around the outside of the building took her to Steve's door, and once she was there, it seemed natural to knock on it.

Maybe he was awake and would want to talk.
Marvel-MCU

244 Posts
10 Threads
Job: Rogue Superhero
Ship Status: Single
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual
Nyte

All Accounts Posts: 845
After the fight in the van, Steve had needed time to process it. He still had nightmares about the ice, about how cold the water of the atlantic had been, how that sort of seep of ice and water had pulled out all of the warmth in his body until it hurt, leaving him unable to even gasp for air anymore. Pain was something that Steve was familiar with, but he rarely let it bother him.

Being on fire, though, that was a new experience for the super soldier, and not one he would ever like to repeat. It was easy to say it had been all in his head, but the truth of it was that saying something was easy, believing it, understanding it, and accepting it was an entirely different creature. That took time, and it took taking a luke-warm shower and not hurting, running his hands over his arms and feeling no pain, no scars or healing burns.

The knock on his door was unexpected, but Steve simply stood and crossed the small room to open it, dressed in a new tee shirt and jeans, his hair still damp from the shower. “Luthien, hello,” Steve took a step back to let her in with a smile, “Is everything alright?” He worried about Arjay; that shoulder wound had looked bad, but he hadn’t had a chance to check in with his elven friend. Yet.
Emberverse-Main

52 Posts
11 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Katie

All Accounts Posts: 575
Luthien smiled at Steve as she stepped inside. She could tell from the look in his eyes that he was still processing the fight, and what had happened to him during it. She understood it a little, she'd known other people who had suffered from similar attacks by the same Power that had controlled the men in the van.

"Everything is well." she said, and then snorted "Not well, but as well as can be expected, after a fight like that. Arjay's wound has been dressed and cleaned, and he says he has some small magics that should have him up and around in a two or three days. I don't like losing the time, but I don't think we have any choice. Not with the blow Dean took to the head on top of it. I was just restless, and couldn't stay in my room any longer, so I went for a walk. How are you?" she asked, studying the man. He'd been magnificent in the fight, but now, he seemed shaken.
Marvel-MCU

244 Posts
10 Threads
Job: Rogue Superhero
Ship Status: Single
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual
Nyte

All Accounts Posts: 845
“Language!”

While he wouldn’t say that he was really fine, Steve was recovering from his ordeal during the fight. The serum made him bounce back from injury far more quickly than most people could, but his reliance on it had been made clear as he’d considered more and more of the possiblities of this world, and all of the others that existed.

There had to be worlds where the serum would simply not work. Where he would shrink and find himself small and vulnerable and weak again. Where he would be a liability to his team. He’d gotten lucky here; he was still strong and fit, tall and healthy. But what if this world had taken that away from him? He would work hard to keep up, but would he be able to when he was surrounded by magic and supernatural abilities? He wasn’t sure he would make that cut. Being used to being one of the strongest, most capable in a room for years now hadn’t made Steve forget how it was to be the smallest, most frail, but it had become a memory. Now, that memory loomed in his mind, and it was unsettling.

Add to that the polar opposite of his worst nightmare, which had been a nightmare in its own right, and Steve was still processing and figuring out how to cope with it.

But Luthien’s appearance had him pushing it to the back burner; he could deal with it later.

There were an awful lot of things that he was planning on dealing with ‘later’, but that couldn’t be helped just now. He was on a quest, he had a mission, and that took priority. Arjay was healing, he had some magic left, which was good. Dean’s head… A concussion, most likely, not that they could afford to stop and seek medical care really, but Steve had seen plenty worse on the battlefield; Dean seemed strong, he’d be alright. They just needed time, as Luthien had said. “I know it can be frustrating to lose the time, but it can’t be helped. Better to take it now than regret not taking it later when we need Arjay and Dean in fighting form.”

How was he? “I’m fine.” he shrugged, “Not great, but I’m not hurt. Took me a little bit to come to terms with that, but I have.” Magic? Something. That man had done something to him, which was disturbing on its own. The pain had been terrible, but it was nothing that Steve couldn’t deal with. The idea that the man could have done something more than just made him feel so much pain though, that was a problem. “Can they do anything else, do you know? Than just make you feel like you’re on fire? Or is it just that single thing?” He frowned, then shook his head, “I’m sorry, you didn’t come to talk about that. I’m just… Processing. Worrying.” he chuckled humorlessly, “You're not the only one feeling restless."

“That’s not going away anytime soon.”