Madara and Fizzle, Late September 28th
Naruto-Anime

13 Posts
4 Threads
Job:
Ship Status: Single
Sexual Orientation: Heterosexual
Soapy

While his discussion with the woman who showed up at his tree, Madara had to broaden his search. As trustworthy as she may or may not be, he couldn't take a single source of information as fact. Such a behavior was how one fell into a trap, and he wasn't about to allow that to happen.

So as he strode into a building that seemed occupied, he kept his Truth-Seeking orbs close. He would not be caught off guard, no matter what... His eyes took in the room in front of him, eventually falling on a diminutive pink haired woman, yet another being that lacked chakra. He was beginning to formulate an understanding of this strange place, his mind already fitting the pieces together.
He made his way over toward the bar, making sure to keep his hands free of obstructions, giving the singing woman a sidelong glance.

He couldn't immediately decide how he should proceed, so instead he stood observing, letting his eyes drink in everything that happened to formulate a greater plan of action.
Dungeons & Dragons-Forgotten Realms

30 Posts
4 Threads
Job: Artificer/Alchemist
Sexual Orientation: Yes!
Nyte

All Accounts Posts: 1,183
So Hub was full of weird and awesome things. Chock full of them, and there was never a dull moment because even if you had explored all the way to the end yesterday, there was going to be something new today, and that meant that the exploring was never, ever finished. This fact suited Fizzle just fine, because as much as she adored locking herself away in her lab and inventing new and exciting chemical compounds and tinctures, she was at heart an adventurer, and adventurers did one thing best: explore.

And get themselves into insane amounts of trouble, but that was the biggest, bestest part of exploring!

Today, the gnome stepped out of her shop, brought the tips of her fingers to her lips, then pressed them to the doorframe of the building that contained this rendition of Fantastic Fulminations, “I’ll be back later on, baby.” She was hungry, and she wanted to have another looksie around Hub later this afternoon, j and she wasn't gonna get a thing done with an empty belly, so... Off to her favorite tavern in a tree!

She had acquired the most amazing inventions from one of the human ‘earth’ worlds - boots with tiny wheels on them! They were called roller...skates? Of course, Fizzle being the intrepid gnome artificer she was, she modified the hell out of the boots, allowing her to retract the wheels when she decided she only wanted to walk. But it was much faster to use the skates to cover larger distances.

The Wandering Moon wasn’t so far away, but the skates were fun and useful and she rolled right into Arjay’s bar, grinning as she swooped her way to one of the stools before she retracted the wheels and climbed up to sit on the smooth surface of the seat. She had just ordered her first pint of ale (the good stuff, only the good stuff, she had the money to pay for it!) and whatever special was on the menu today when the new guy slid into the seat next to her, looking around and seeming as though he was waiting for someone to set off a giant bear trap around his feet.

Poor guy. Not everyone who found themselves in Hub took it as well as she had.

“It’s a nice place, just takes a bit of getting used to. Some of the people around here are downright weird, but it’s awful fun to get to play with all the neat new toys people bring with them!” She beamed a giant grin at the guy, holding out a hand, "Fizzle. Fizzle Bizzlebop. Proprietor of Fantastic Fulminations. Ya new here, aren't ya? Ya have that 'what's this now' look people get before they settle in..."
Naruto-Anime

13 Posts
4 Threads
Job:
Soapy

Madara's eyes were drawn to the diminutive pink haired woman again when she spoke up. It was strange, she looked as a child, that she might barely reach his waist, yet had the form of a full grown woman. He'd seen plenty of strange things so far in this place, many much stranger than the sight in front of his eyes right this moment, but that wasn't to say he understood how to respond to this visual information.

He let his eyes drift down to her outheld hand, though an eyebrow quirked almost to under the crown that rested over his forehead. The strange assortment of sounds was in place of what he assumed was an introduction, but he wasn't entirely certain if it was a name, or if the creature had just suffered a serious head injury. "Uchiha Madara" he returned in the case that the words had in fact been an introduction.

"You seem to understand something of this place. What information do you have available?" he asked. He could have simply taken the information from the woman, but such a method was both conspicuous and would result in the creature's death. He might have been a man who did not hesitate to resort to violence, but he himself was not a violent person.

30 Posts
4 Threads
Nyte

Fizzle had the form of a full grown woman because that was what she was; a full grown gnome woman. As a gnome, Fizzle was used to being smaller than most people, but she was most definitely not accustomed to being looked at quite the way the newcomer was looking at her. It was... Really less than comfortable. She might have said something about taking a picture to remember her by, but let it go. Gnomes were a beautiful people and someone who had never seen one before might very well be struck with awe. Couldn't be helped.

Most of the regulars at the Wandering Moon and nearly all of the staff knew Fizzle; Arjay's tavern was a slice of home, and Fizzle spent a lot of time here, working on her notes and projects on paper when she could, and chatting amicably with her fellow patrons when tweaks needed to be tested in her lab.

Uchiha Madara. Well, that was a pretty unique name, even in these parts! "'s nice ta meetcha, Uchiha. Welcome to Hub!"

Oh Fizzle understood plenty. She'd been here for months now, long enough to return through the portal and use a Sending to tether the Lanterns know that she was safe, just exploring. Aludiel had groused back, but Fizzle had insisted that they should continue on without her; she was too far from Waterdeep to return now. "Well..." the gnome's expression turned crafty; there was plenty of information Uchiha could get from anyone, for free... But then there was information that was slightly less known, and Fizzle was a very practical gnome. "This place, Hub, is a city that serves as a stopping place for many worlds. Some are very similar, and some are exotic and unique. A lot of these universes are represented via the outer boroughs that surround the inner area like spokes on a wheel." she gestured as she spoke, showing as well as telling, "Right now. we're in the center area. People come and go, and some are stuck here, others aren't." she shrugged "Everyone can pretty much understand each other - with some exceptions," she motioned to a tiny tree person standing on the bar top, eyes huge, "And we can all breathe, and seems to be food here we can all eat."
Naruto-Anime

13 Posts
4 Threads
Job:
Soapy

It was true that Madara's unusual eyes were examining the woman seated next to him, but it wasn't for the reasons that she believed. He had much more significant things on his mind than that, had pushed such thoughts and desires away long ago when his body had aged and wasted until only artificial means had kept him clinging to life, blinded and but a ghost of himself... but alive.

He paused a moment when she referred to him by his clan name, as her misunderstanding became clear in his mind. He shook his head, long white strands of hair swaying slightly. "Uchiha is the name of my heritage... You would call me Madara, even though it became customary in my lifetime to introduce oneself by their clan firstly..."

He listened carefully as the creature explained the situation, his expression impassive as his mind processed what he was being told. So there was a way back, he would just have to find it. However the idea that there were somehow... more worlds, it struck a chord in him. He had driven himself to the Eye of the Moon plan because he had believed it was the only way to save the world from the endless cycle of violence. But if there was more... if there were truly other worlds out there... He frowned a little, before giving a nod. "Thank you.... Fizzle..." he said after a moment, clearing uncertain if what he said was even a name. "This information is very helpful." He glanced around the room now, once again taking in his surroundings. "Why remain here?" he asked after a moment, his eyes still carefully observing the room.

30 Posts
4 Threads
Nyte

Having eyes on her wasn’t entirely unusual for Fizzle, but that didn’t mean she liked it, and it really didn’t matter why the guy was looking at her the way he was, the fact of the matter was that he was looking at her, and it made her uncomfortable. But that didn’t mean she wouldn’t be her usual boisterous and friendly self! Nope, Fizzle forgave the confused man for the staring without worrying about anything silly like an apology, regardless of what thoughts were behind it.

She greeted him and welcomed him officially into Hub, but he seemed to be just a touch confused. Until he explained. Odd naming system, to introduce your surname first as though it were your primary, but then, every culture was odd other cultures. Gnomes had their quirks too, after all, and people didn’t go around telling them how weird they were, so she simply nodded, “Apologies then, Madara, that’s a new one for me, but I’ll remember it.” She mouthed her names backwards; Bizzlebop Fizzle, and nope, she liked it the right way around, that was for sure. “Fizzle’s my first name, so you’re welcome to call me that. Some people shorten it to Fizz, and that’s fine too. Just so long as no one ever calls me lunch!”

The possibilities of new worlds and what they might bring to Hub were endless and infinite. Fizzle loved it. She loved the different places, loved skating through the different and unique boroughs, looking at the differences and the things that each universe brought to add to Hub. It never got boring, no matter how many times she circled the city, there was always something new everyday. She gave Madara a nod of acknowledgement and a grin, “Not a problem.” Nothing she’d told him was anything he couldn’t learn from anywhere else here in Hub, after all.

Why remain here?

“Well… That depends on which here you mean. In this tavern? Because they have good ale and I know the proprietor. It’s a good tavern.” She shrugged, “And if you mean why stay in Hub… Well, some people are stuck here, if they don’t have a portal or a way home of their own. Me… I like it here. So much to learn and see. Things to figure out, and always people willing to trade or teach those things. I go home sometimes, for supplies and to visit with friends, you know. But mostly I stay here, because you never know what tomorrow is going to bring your way.”
Naruto-Anime

13 Posts
4 Threads
Job:
Soapy

Madara shook his head slightly as Fizzle apologized. It wasn't like she had insulted him by mistaking the two, it was clear this place did not have the same customs as his... world. It would take some getting used to remember that this was somehow another world, entirely separate yet strangely connected to his own. He knew of the existence of the Limbo dimension, as well as the strange dimension of Kamui, though this was somehow entirely different to either. He glanced around the bar once more, seeming to weigh the diminutive woman's words, finding his words gone for the moment.

He recognized the wonder in her voice, the excitement for what tomorrow brought... It was something he'd known once, long ago, and something he saw in the people he had fought upon his rebirth. They clung to the idea that tomorrow would be better, even as he had lived an entire life and found that was nothing but naivete. How could one believe so blindly something that their eyes contradicted? Though perhaps... He couldn't know what manner of place had spawned the strangely boisterous person in front of his eyes, but he simply could not reconcile the world he knew, and the almost frenzied enthusiasm he witnessed right then, even if his eyes told him that it was indeed happening.

So, with a frown, he let his eyes come back to Fizzle. "Then answer me this, before I leave you be. What kind of world is your own? Is your world free of war?" His expression remained as unreadable as ever, as even he could not rightly tell what he hoped her answer was. And so he simply waited...

30 Posts
4 Threads
Nyte

Well no, she hadn’t meant any insult or disrespect, of course not. But she wouldn’t much like it if people ran around greeting her by her last name all that much, either, so she figured an easy going apology, and things would be made right, and she’d make sure to address him as Madara moving forward. No harm, no foul!

Lots of people went all speechless and surprised and awed when they realized just what Hub was, what it meant, what it proved was possible. But Fizzle had traveled planes in the past, and had learned to accept things. Besides, she had been in Hub for a while now; the novelty wore off after a few days or weeks, and had left Fizzle, at least, with the desire to know all of it; what worlds were here, what people, what new things and creatures there were. Fizzle wasn’t young, not even in gnomish standards, but her race wasn’t known for their lack of wonderment; she loved life, all of it, including the pain and sadness of it. She’d lost friends, she’d seen plenty of violence, and she had done her share, too. Hell, she’d gotten here by blowing herself up! But that was life, and life was a beautiful, unique thing. Yesterday was over, tomorrow would come tomorrow. Today, though; today was a gift, and Fizzle loved getting presents.

Was her world free of war? “Oh heck no, it’s not. War is a fact of life, my friend; people’re gonna disagree, violence will happen, and bugbears’ll steal everything shiney they can get their greedy little paws on. Facts of life. But gnomes don’t wage war against each other, and we only fight those who attack us. Leaves us more time to research and invent, you see? Who cares if someone’s different than you, or if they don’t like you much? If they tolerate you, then there’s no reason not to tolerate them, too, and if they attack you, well, just blow them up and be done with it so you can move on to your next experiment!” She grinned to him, entirely at peace with her nature, and honestly, the natures of the other people, both back home and here. “I mean, don’t get me wrong, wars aren’t all that common, not anymore, but they happen sometimes. ‘Specially among the goblinoids, orcs, and humans. Sorry, Madara, but your people? They’re not as crazy as orcs or ogres or goblins, but they ain’t all that far off, either. Huh…” She tipped her head, looking at him as though he were a puzzle, “I wonder if it has something to do with brain chemistry. Maybe I could make something for that…”