Marvel Comics-Marvel 616-Adjacent

9 Posts
2 Threads
Job: Sorceress/Scientist/Dictator-to-be
Ship Status: Single
Sexual Orientation: Bixexual
Mike

All Accounts Posts: 400
Not that the company she’d had was anything less than charming, but Victoria was a busy girl, and she did need to see to her own agenda at some point. The look around this place that Victoria had been given by Natasha had been, by nature, limited, but it had been sufficient for her needs. Victoria knew that the technology of this place was supposed to be considerable, and she was sure that she hadn’t been seeing the best of it. Oh, she didn’t think things were being intentionally hidden from her, but one didn’t put the best things out in public view, now, did they? No, the laboratories were to be kept secure, so that they could be worked in peace, and the armories were to be kept locked until they were needed. Such was the way of things. And so Victoria decided that she needed a less guided tour of this location.

Obviously, her retinal patterns were not going to be on file, but she was a Von Doom. She had her own entry methods, and in this case, they were part technology and part sorcery. She didn’t try to take over the system, nothing as brutish and loud as that. She simply cast a spell on this system, isolating it behind arcane firewalls and inserting a digital servant (stored in her gauntlet’s systems) to do her bidding. Her servant, naturally, approved her retinal patterns and passcode and let her enter. That accomplished, she dismissed him and lowered the firewalls again.

As silent alarms more than likely began screaming through the security systems (she could track them, of course, but the question was why when she knew it would be happening), Victoria walked over to the nearest chair she could find and took a seat, waiting for the inevitable reactions. It might be the master of this tower himself. It might be (as her uncle was wont to do) some sort of automated system, from robots down to hidden turrets, in which case this day was about to get much more interesting. Whatever it was, she was sure that she would just have to wait. Her introduction to the Master of the house would follow eventually, and it was unseemly to barge in and begin barking demands. Patience was a virtue in this case.
Marvel-MCU-1

292 Posts
8 Threads
Job: Billionaire Superhero
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation: yes
Kel

All Accounts Posts: 959
Tony was getting a little bit sick of uninvited guests.

He’d kept the Avengers (any Avenger) Passcodes valid, because in his twisted little heart he wanted to keep the door open; if any of his people needed a safe haven...well they could find the Tower and safety.

...which so far meant a Natasha that wanted to consantly tear strips off his ass, Clint and Phil at least were mostly welcome.

And now Friday was being subverted by an unknown force that her adapted database was calling ‘magic’. Fucking magic.

“So. Let me guess. Female Loki as a blonde?” He wasn’t suited up, but the suit was seconds away if he did need it

9 Posts
2 Threads
Mike

The man himself. He was… well, less metallic than she had expected, but there was the reactor in his chest, that was something. It was proof of his capability, at least, and if her uncle was not available, the next best mind was probably a person to know. He did have the same brusque attitude of ‘I am irritated by your very existence’ that she had seen so often from her uncle, though without the threats of death and torture, both spoken and implied, that came with it. Still, it would be foolish for her to consider this man soft. He was simply one of those misguidedly benevolent people… he might yet learn the error of his ways. She’d heard stories of him that showed he had promise in that regard, after all.

There were, naturally, several weapon systems detectable in her gauntlet, which likely meant that she wasn’t making any attempt to hide them. Whether that was a threat or a sign of good faith wasn’t exactly clear, but they were all powered down and locked. Her information ports, on the other hand, were all active, making scans of the atmosphere and logs of information, though they hadn’t appeared to have attempted to interact with any of the Tower’s systems since entering.

She stood, saluting in respect with her gauntleted right fist over her heart, and gave him a small, though definite, bow. “I do not believe I’ve been made a goddess yet, though as they say, I’m still young,” she said. “Victoria Von Doom, Heir Apparent to the Throne of Latveria, in case that means anything at all in your world. Your name, however, appears to span the universes, Anthony Stark, as does your mind.” She inclined her head respectfully once more. “My uncle told me that, should he be unavailable and I be incapable of reclaiming our nation in an emergency, I should put myself in the service of someone worthy who may be able to eventually aid me. While this is hardly the sort of situation he envisioned, the principle should be the same, yes?” She offered him a small, endearing smile. “And I can hardly think of anyone more worthy than a man brilliant enough that his reputation spans across realities, yes?”
Marvel-MCU-1

292 Posts
8 Threads
Job: Billionaire Superhero
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation: yes
Kel

All Accounts Posts: 959
Tony’s eyebrows went higher and higher the longer the blonde spoke; now he wasn’t immune to flattery but as any good billionaire it had become almost background noise, spewed out by sycophant after brownnoser. So the whole ‘legendary intellect’ in this context (especially considering he’d met a few of his counter parts) was answered with a subsided derisive snort.

Latvia Rang exactly no bells but different universes and all that. Von Doom on the other hand DID; there really couldn’t be THAT many assholes with a name like ‘doom’ right?

Tony REALLY did try not to prejudge this girls ‘uncle’ Von Doom with the pretentious frat boy Tony had known at MIT.

He did try.

Really.

“Uhuh.” Times like these he was sad for the lasix that had negated the need for glasses, they made a GREAT prop. One that sadly he could only use outdoors without becoming a complete characture.

“So what exactly did you want? Also do they not have doorbells in-“ he paused half way to the bar, “What was it? Latvira?”

9 Posts
2 Threads
Mike

Doorbells? Victoria had to wrack her brain for the information that had been unused in years, such as what one did when entering the house of a commoner in a state other than 'surrounded by Doombots, blowing down the door of a dissident.' "They do have doorbells, yes," she admitted. "Are you saying that you are personally in the habit of answering your own doorbell?" she countered. Not that she'd noticed a doorbell out there... although, granted, she hadn't been looking for one, had she? Her long experience with her uncle was that she needed to prove herself if she were going to be acknowledged by those whose minds were (she reluctantly admitted) better equipped than hers. The results were fairly obvious: She was inside the building and talking to Tony Stark, and not being asked by some receptionist or (goddess forbid) an automated system to make an appointment.

"I see what everyone of sense seeks," she said, "To better myself, and in exchange I offer the skills that you may not have access to." She gestured vaguely toward the door as an unspoken, not-rubbed-in-his-face explanation. If she didn't have something to offer, she couldn't have gotten past his systems. "While I am not the inventor my uncle is, I am familiar with his work, and any work he has acquired to assimilate. I..." Her voice drifted as something tugged at her mind, seeking her attention. She blinked, shook her head slightly, and resumed speaking. "I am not particularly worried about his proprietary secrets, since he has seen fit to strand me here."