Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Returning to the Hub
September 10th-Tag Nala, Kaalth, Jax
Star Trek-AOS

25 Posts
2 Threads
Job: Orion Slave
Ship Status: In a ship! (Kala? Naalth? idk)
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Moon

All Accounts Posts: 173
Nala couldn't help herself, she started giggling- it was damn cute to see Kaalth so excited. It also made her look at things she had accepted as commonplace in new light. She offered him a brilliant smile in return. "It kind of is, isn't it?" Nala remarked thoughtfully- it had never seemed 'awesome' to fly a spaceship. Just something she had to know in case of emergency. (One of her targets had tried to fly them all into a sun once. She was very grateful then that she knew how to take over the controls.)

Nala hummed with a sort of nod and wince combined. She could only imagine how startling it would be to be told such things- to be from a time before the Orion Syndicate. She, for example, had been raised into the syndicate- Nala puzzled for a moment about how different her life could have been before focusing in on his reply.

She smiled softly at him, while stifling a yawn. "It sounds like a wonderful place. I've never really been to the mountains." She admitted with a small flush- Nala prided herself on being well learned and yet there was so much she didn't know. Perhaps she'd learn from him as well.

On that thought, she turned to the topic she ought to introduce. "Jaya mentioned that you have not been properly taught to read fully yet? If you would accept my help, I would be happy to teach you." Nala said, doing her best to attach no obligations to the statement- if Kaalth did not want help, she would not force it on him.
Star Trek-AOS

65 Posts
6 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Star Trek

All Accounts Posts: 575
"There are a couple of parts of the Hub that look like mountains, and I know some portals that lead to mountains as well. Maybe we can go sometime." Kaalth said, sounding pleased that he would be able to take Nala to new places and show her things that she hadn't seen before. It was also a difference between her and the copy that he'd known, but it made sense that the copy would want to stay in the Hub. Still, it made him happy that there were differences, and that the real woman was more adventurous.

Kaalth noticed that she seemed tired, and was about to suggest that she get some rest, when Nala brought up teaching him to read. He grinned with pleasure at the idea-it would give him a perfect reason to spend more time around Nala, but it also confirmed that she was as kind and thoughtful as he'd hoped she would be. "I've been learning, I can read a little bit, but I still have to stop and sound out long words. And my writing is pretty bad. If you'd like to teach me, that would be wonderful. I'd like it a lot. I'm also learning to do math, I can add and subtract now." as he spoke, he tried to focus on what he'd accomplished, and not on how far he had to go. Glad that Nala was willing to help him, instead of looking down on his lack of education.
Star Trek-AOS

25 Posts
2 Threads
Job: Orion Slave
Ship Status: In a ship! (Kala? Naalth? idk)
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Moon

All Accounts Posts: 173
Nala gave Kaalth a bright smile to show that he was doing well- she would hardly judge him for it, but he seemed like he might appreciate some positive reinforcement. She hummed a soft note in reply, tilting her head down to look at him through her lashes as her smile melted into a coy grin. "Perfect- It's a date- Our second or third though. You'll have to show me the parks and the bazaar first." She stated with the tiniest stirring in her scent to indicate that she truly meant what she said. The orion woman was used to men doing exactly what she wanted- but this one was offering before she even had to ask. She couldn't say she didn't like that.

Nala's gaze snapped back to his fully at the explanation of his level of knowledge. Her eyebrows shot up for a brief moment in surprise- albeit a look that stated that this was unexpected, and impressive. Blinking slowly, she shook her head with a small laugh at her own shock. "Jaya wasn't here for terribly long- To have learned so much in so little time- that's incredible." Nala explained, to make certain her surprise was not misconstrued as being disappointed with his level of learning. She stifled a yawn again- this time a longer one that had her furrowing her brows to hide it.

"I would be happy to teach you Kaalth. I used to help my brothers and cousins often, so it will be nice to be able to use that skill set again." Nala offered with a rueful smile- remembering back to the very brief period in time in which she had been more knowledgeable than Jaya. "We can start whenever works best for you." She said with a softer smile as she refocused on the man sitting across from her- before it morphed into yet another yawn that made her glance longingly at the bed on the opposite side of the room. Nala leaned forward to prop her chin on her hands while she waited for a reply.
Star Trek-AOS

65 Posts
6 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Star Trek

All Accounts Posts: 575
Kaalth's nostrils flared a little as he caught the unmistakable indication of her interest, thrilled that she was interested in him. Not that he was going to take anything for granted, he wasn't going to risk messing up and losing her interest.

"Thank you for wanting to teach me." he said sincerely "I'm sure I'll learn a lot with you as a teacher." after all, if he was being honest a large part of the reason for his progress was because it had pleased the copy, and he'd wanted to make sure that she was happy, as was proper. The same thing would be true here, and it would also give him an excuse to spend more time with her. He started to say something about how he should probably leave, and let Nala get some sleep, when he noticed that she had dozed off.

Gently, Kaalth guided Nala to her feet and over to the bed, where he got her shoes off and then tucked her into bed, gently brushing her hair out of her face so that she'd sleep comfortably and then slipped out of the room.