Goblin-TV Series

9 Posts
2 Threads
Job: Grim Reaper
Ship Status: Depressingly Single
Sexual Orientation: Demi Pansexual
Nyte

All Accounts Posts: 126
Truly, it was a whole lot of steps. More than he had honestly expected, really; people always seemed so happy and relieved to be climbing them, he had never really given much thought (okay that was a lie, he had wondered and considered and spent hours and hours thinking on it) about just how far a person might have to go in order to get to the Afterlife.

He had climbed the stairs stoically, unsure what he really expected to be at the end of them. Really, he had an uncharacteristic dread in the pit of his stomach as he had climbed and climbed, not because he worried about what he would find, no, he knew that he would go to the Afterlife, and then when the deities decided it, he would be reborn once again for his next life.

Whatever he had expected, whatever he had thought the Afterlife would be like… It wasn’t this. He was… In his tea room. His tea room, not another one, not some idealized version of it, there was no harpsichord music playing, no soft fuzziness to feel, it was just… His tea room.

This was his Afterlife? Just.. more of the same?

It really figured.

Well, he wasn’t going to stay here for however long and wonder. Maybe outside the room things would be different. It was possible, wasn’t it? So he opened the door and stepped outside, wondering if it had been like this for the Goblin, or for Eun-tak. Or if it would be like this for Sunny. He missed them already, he could feel that sensation settling in his chest, but for the moment he chose to ignore it. There was no telling how long he would be here, what would happen, or when he’d be sent on to his next life. Wisest to just make the best of this while he could.

Stepping out into the city he recognized, it wasn’t exactly the same. It had a different… Feel to it. Or maybe he was just being sensitive to this because he knew it was the Afterlife. Maybe it just felt empty because he knew that Sunny wasn’t here. But it was possible that the Goblin and his Bride had come here, wasn’t it? It might just be! So he moved through the city before he noticed that, ahead of him, was a place he didn’t recognize; the buildings were wrong, and the street that stretched across, separating what was familiar and what was not was… Different. He moved that way, curiosity peeked; he may as well go exploring if he were going to be here a while...
All-All

14 Posts
2 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

All Accounts Posts: 149
Death held every face.

This particular one was of a Korean man, the aspect chosen effected Death, here and now he could feel himself identifying as masculine, gallows humor...almost a tricksters personality.

...at least as far as Death ever was.

By the rules of this aspect, the white fedora he wore hid his presence from echo and soul alike.

The Reaper entered this facet of creation and Death reached out, Hub shifted the paths, responding to the desire expressed.

Kim Woo Bin was looking for answers? Let him find some.

The tea shop was an intentional reflection; the same yet subtlety altered from all the other Reapers he had known.

Kim would turn a corner and find himself walking into a room, Death seated in his guise making notations in the expected paperwork.
Goblin-TV Series

9 Posts
2 Threads
Nyte

Retirement seemed less than he had expected. But then again, most things were, to be honest and fair. It was no less than he had earned, he supposed. Retirement. His Afterlife. And then, maybe, if he were lucky, he would be reborn with Sunny, and they could move forward. Perhaps this time they’d be allowed to find happiness.

The universe was rarely so kind, though. Perhaps, but not most likely.

Kim Woo Bin figured that if he were going to be spending time here, then he may as well make the most of it. He would explore this place as he waited for whatever was to come next. While he waited for the other shoe to drop, so the saying went. He wandered, mostly aimless, just looking around, paying little true attention to where he was heading.

And suddenly he was in a room.

A room with a fellow Reaper who was sitting as his desk, filling out paperwork. Well, Woo Bin assumed it was a fellow Reaper, even if he were dressed… Strangely. Maybe this was a facet of the Afterlife? Wearing white instead of black? “Hello?” His voice was nearly flat, the inflection implied rather than sounding exactly like the question that it was. He wasn’t sure how exactly he’d gotten here; hadn’t he been walking down a street a moment ago?

He hadn’t really been watching where he was going.

That might have been a mistake. Or perhaps he had paperwork to fill out upon his retirement? That was possible. There was always paperwork. Forms to be filled out and filed promptly… “My apologies. I did not mean to interrupt you.”
All-All

14 Posts
2 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

“Good morning Mr. Kim.” The cap made a soft click as it was replaced on his pen. “Please sit.” He gestured to the chair across from him.

He slipped further into this aspect, shuffling the paperwork into neat stacks. “Not exactly what you expected is it?” Kim Woo Bin….he should have been moving on to his third life. But here he was instead.

“Do you know your sin?” Death didn't care, but the forms and structures that Kim belonged to held sway. And they included the concept of sin and redemption. And so s/he would enforce them.
Goblin-TV Series

9 Posts
2 Threads
Nyte

Was it morning? Was that was this was? Hm. Alright, so it was morning here; it hadn’t been when he had begun climbing the stairs to the Afterlife, but who was to say that time was the same here as it was there? He was asked to sit, and being a Reaper, he understood that arguing might be tempting, but the Reaper had others to attend to, had business and paperwork and work, and maybe even a life to get back to. So Woo Bin sat down quietly, without presenting any argument, folding his hands into his lap over his hat.

“Not precisely, no.” No, this was far, far from what he had expected retirement to be like. He had expected...paradise? Or perhaps nothing. Or maybe everything. He knew that he would not see Sunny, but perhaps the Goblin. They had been friends. Maybe even Eun-tak; he had grown very fond of her as well. And she had always been kinder than Kim Shin. Then again, Eun-tak had less reason to be angry with him. Less reason to hate him. “But then, I did not know what to expect, so perhaps this is what I should have expected.” He sat primly in the chair, watching the other Reaper.

”Do you know your sin?”

The question caused Woo Bin to go entirely still, as close to a flinch or jerk as the man ever really came, his eyes drifting down to his hat though his head didn’t move at all. “I do.” He had taken his own life. Worse (to him, though he knew others didn’t view it as such) he had taken the lives of Kim Shin and Kim Sun. To him, that was definitely worse. That was worth the punishment of being a Reaper. But the universe was kind, to remove the memories from the Reapers even while they served their punishment for it. Remembering his sin was worse. So much worse. Even now, he had to work not to let his guilt, his remorse, show. He frowned, then looked up at the other Reaper, waiting.
All-All

14 Posts
2 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

Papers neatly stacked, Death poured himself a cup of tea. No..no he really didn't understand the sin that had brought him here. “That was Wang Yeo’s sin.” Shaking his head, answering the unspoken thoughts.

“Do you know Kim Woo Bin’s sin? Why you are here and not waiting for your next life?”
Goblin-TV Series

9 Posts
2 Threads
Nyte

Woo Bin watched the Reaper as he poured himself tea, wondering quietly if he had ever came across this sanctimonious when he had been reaping souls. Had he? He had always tried to be respectful, polite, and quiet… But he had no idea how the souls he dealt with had actually viewed him. Perhaps they saw him the same way he was seeing this Reaper dressed in white instead of black.

And just what did that signify, anyway? That he was here by choice? That he was higher up in the bureaucracy? Who knew? Woo Bin supposed he could ask, but that might be offensive, he had no way of knowing.

Wang Yeo’s sin. What was Kim Woo Bin’s sin? He knew, then. And the Reaper had told him something he hadn’t known already. He wasn’t moving on. This wasn’t retirement. He was to be punished. Again. More.

He considered Sunny, and Eun-tak. It was, he hoped, worth it, in the end. If Sunny was able to make her peace, if she could live a happy life from here on out, and Eun-tak could return to Kim Shin, then…

“There are many sins that I have done.” He raised his gaze to meet the other Reaper’s, he refused to regret his decisions. He had done the right thing, mostly. Sunny was still angry with him, but she also agreed to see about forgiving him in the future. “Who is to say which if not all of them lead me here? Not I.”
All-All

14 Posts
2 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

Sanctimonious? Well that was an interesting description; Death mulled it about in his mind. Yes...he rather liked that for this aspect.

“You do not regret your actions, you are not repentant.” Death poured him a cup of tea, placing it in front of him. “You picked a path that lead here.” Would he ask? Or did he expect to be simply told everything?

“300 years to pay for the sins of Wang Yeo, how many do you think for Kim Woo Bin?”
Goblin-TV Series

9 Posts
2 Threads
Nyte

This Reaper, regardless of his rank or what he was here for or how he’d gotten to this status, was far too self-righteous for Woo Bin’s taste. Not that he had any personal dislike for the man sitting across from him. It was just that he had never taken so much pleasure in his job. It was a job, a punishment, not something to enjoy. He looked at the tea as the other Reaper set it down before him, acknowledging the offer of the tea with a small polite smile, but also with a brief shake of his head; he had no interest in relinquishing his memories. Yes, he had sinned, he accepted that, but he had sinned for the right reasons.

Not that he hadn’t been glad he’d been in a position to help Kim Shin and Eun-tak.

No, the other Reaper was absolutely right. He didn’t repent the sins of his last life. Well, not all of them. Not most of them, even. “You’re right. I do not regret my decisions. Not most of them. I was glad to help my friends, even at my own expense.” He wouldn’t regret returning Sunny’s memories if they hadn’t upset her so deeply, but because they had, he did regret it. “I may have set my own path…” He didn’t flinch away, “But where is here? Where have I ended up?”

300 years to pay for taking his own life. But he hadn’t taken his own life as Woo Bin. He had been tasked with guiding souls to the Afterlife, and he had done that. For three centuries, he had ferried the dead to beyond with not a single mark against him. And then he’d lost Eun-tak to Kim Shin, and that had led to more marks against him, and then he had begun to make his own decisions…

He refused to regret it. Whatever the punishment, he would accept it. He had done these things, willfully. He gave an almost inaudible sigh, “I do not think that it is my place to decide these things, but to live with the consequences of my actions.”
All-All

14 Posts
2 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

“Yes it is.” Death agreed, taking a sip from his tea. “But your last punishment didn't change your habits.” And that was the crux, free will what a marvelous thing.

“Drink the tea.” He ordered, the words reverberating, not a compulsion, simply the echo of power.

He wasn't going to directly address the assumption of what the tea was.

An incorrect assumption.

Drinking the tea would actually awaken the few gap missing memories. When he took that sip, he would remember the form being the Reaper that collected Wang Yeo.

Death collected his own.
Goblin-TV Series

9 Posts
2 Threads
Nyte

Hadn’t changed his habits… Woo Bin frowned, “I…” He shifted uncomfortably, “I did not make the same mistakes?” Had he? He was almost certain he had not. Yes, he had told Kim Shin when he had received a white card for Eun-tak, but she was his Bride, and she had a destiny to fulfill. What should it matter if they wanted to spend some time together before they had to part ways? Why had that been such a bad thing? Love shouldn’t be punished, especially not for the righteous. Especially not for someone as innocent as the Goblin’s Bride. And he had given Sunny her memories, but she had claimed to want them… That had, perhaps, been selfish, too.

”Drink the tea.”

Woo Bin went stiff in his seat. He might not be compelled to drink, but he heard he power, and he knew he was being commanded to drink. Looking down at the cup, he had to admit that it was possible, just possible, that it would be a relief, if this was the Tea of Oblivion. He didn’t want to forget his last life, he didn’t, not really. He had good memories, he had made friends, and he didn’t want to lose that, but… He sighed, again almost without sound, and picked up the cup, closing his eyes against whatever it would be - be it the Tea of Oblivion, or just regular tea, or something else…

The sudden onslaught of memories earned an actual, physical flinch, but he opened his eyes afterward, staring at the other Reaper. “You..?” Why was this Reaper here then? Just because of him?

Woo Bin’s eyes drifted to the ceiling, and he almost sounded apologetic. Almost. “I do not try to be difficult.”
All-All

14 Posts
2 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

“Not the same ones. But they both came from the same place. Selfishness.” Death narrowed his eyes as the little Reaper defended himself.

“Yes.” Death sat back once his command was obeyed, watching as the memories reestablished themselves. “Me.” Death chuckled, “I only come for the difficult ones.” And the ones who fate demanded the personal touch for.

Death slid over the folders he’d been working on: “Welcome to what the non-natives call Hub. We service to bring the dead whom still have a purpose in the worlds of the living. This is a holding area for them.” The first folder was of red headed woman. “She in her many incarnations is a frequent visitor. Never remembers but some do some don’t. Everything is fluid for the visitors.” He poured himself another cup of tea. “Questions?”
Goblin-TV Series

9 Posts
2 Threads
Nyte

Selfishness. Woo Bin didn’t argue with that statement. He knew that he had been selfish in his life. And while he regretted being selfish, he found it hard to regret the good things that had come from some of those rather selfish actions. But not all the outcomes to his selfish decisions had been good, and those that had hurt the people he cared about… Those decisions he definitely did regret.

Helping Eun-tak, that hadn’t been selfish, had it? But then, he had benefited from her friendship in the end, hadn’t he? Maybe it had been selfish. Probably.

Woo Bin sighed, then nodded quietly at the other Reaper’s comment. Only for the difficult ones. He hadn’t been difficult on purpose, but he supposed that mattered very little in the end.

Hub? And… He was still a Reaper.

Well, at least he knew the job well enough. He looked through the folder that the other Reaper had given him, the file on this red haired woman. “And I tasked with bringing her to cross over?” The folder was new; usually it was just a card with a name and time and place. But this place might be different, he supposed.
All-All

14 Posts
2 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

“They stay here, among us till they are called back, that requires a more in depth knowledge. You can see them at any time, and they you. This-” he tapped the information in the folder, “Helps you act as person guide in this world.” Death smiled, “You couldn’t help but get involved before? Here you must be.”

Death nodded “Bring her over, help her acclimate, accept this world...the Phoenix is a powerful creature, and i’d rather not have to rebuild large swaths of land when she tries to ‘escape’.” he commented with a sigh.

“Use your winning personality.”
Goblin-TV Series

9 Posts
2 Threads
Nyte

What the Reaper was describing was." Not reaping. Not how Woo Bi knew it, anyway. This was almost... Counseling.

Honestly? He wasn't certain if this new assignment was going to be easier or harder. He seemed to be given permission to be involved, to grow attached, but eventually they would each move on, and he would remain here. Three hundred years he had been a Reaper, and he had worked to be a good one. The last year had destroyed everything he had worked for. The smile from the other Reaper was not reassuring.

"I'm supposed to... Counsel her?" But he knew next to nothing of this of this place himself! He wasn't about to complain, though; the other Reaper certainly knew about his lack of information. Obviously he was expected to figure that out on his own.

With his winning personality.

Right. He was almost as witty as the Gobkis. "No we wouldn't want that, Sir. I will do my best." Of course he would. Even when he had been meddling, his job had always gotten done. Except when it hadn't.