Star Trek-AOS

252 Posts
12 Threads
Job:
Ship Status: Single
Sexual Orientation: Heterosexual
Katie

All Accounts Posts: 575
Jaya was getting ready to leave for her trip home, something that she'd been looking forward to for some time. Was looking forward to even more, since her unpleasant encounter with Safi.

She'd made the mistake of thinking that a Terran could behave normally, could be trusted, could be understood. And yet, and yet she had to admit that in spite of everything, she was going to miss Remy while she was away. He was one of the Terrans that she'd grown to like and yes, trust over the course of the last few months, and so she wanted to say good bye before she left.

So she'd invited him to come by her quarters and see her before her departure.
Marvel-Xmen comics-1

60 Posts
2 Threads
Job: Thief/Scout/Scoundrel
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Nyte

All Accounts Posts: 845
It wasn’t a daily occurrence for Remy to have a job, but the days he did? Those were good days. Depending on the gig, it took anywhere from a couple of days to a few weeks to plan, and some took longer, though he usually tried to keep to the smaller, quicker jobs unless it was something interesting or too profitable to simply turn down.

Last night, he’d gone to another world, stolen from a man he knew and disliked and who had plenty and wouldn’t miss a few small things.

The job had required a few specific items, but as a thief, you always went above and beyond the barest things unless you didn’t care if someone knew it was a specific thing being stolen. In this case, the contractee had requested it look like a simple, straightforward home robbery, which meant that Remy had nabbed a few very nice, very valuable things.

Including a necklace that he now carried in a thin, rectangular box, nestled into grey velvet. He had seen it and grabbed it thinking that perhaps Jaya would enjoy it. When she had called to invite him over, he had brought it with him.

Remy always tended to enter the Goddess to see Jaya, even when the meeting was a private one, as it was today, instead asking one of the staff to let her know he was there. It gave her warning of his presence, allowed her to finish anything she was doing and see him at her leisure. It was better that way, and today was no different; Remy entered the Goddess, smiled at Ruvet and asked if he’d mind letting Jaya know he was here before leaning back against the bartop.
Star Trek-AOS

252 Posts
12 Threads
Job:
Katie

Jaya was feeling better than she had the day before, and spending some time with Jax had reminded her that even though they were aliens that some Terrans could be relied upon to act in something resembling a reasonable and civilized manner. Still, she'd told herself repeatedly, that didn't mean that she should repeat the mistake she'd made with Christian, and assume that superficially normal behavior meant that she could let her self think of someone in the same terms that she would think of an Orion.

It was, however, very, very difficult to keep that in mind when she saw Remy Lebeau, leaning against the bar, a package that almost certainly contained a gift for her resting beside him. After he'd discreetly sent word that he had arrived, an acknowledgement that, even though she'd invited him it was up to her to decide when their actual meeting would occur. And that she might have been detained by important, or at least unavoidable business.

In other words, he'd acted in the manner she'd have expected a well brought up Orion man to behave if he was courting her. Which was not what was going on, of course. Remy was a Terran, and it was fairly clear that he was looking for fun, not for a mate. She knew all of that, and yet seeing him there, waiting for her, all Jaya could think was that she would miss him while she was gone, and that she wanted to be touching him.

The latter was easily accomplished-Remy loved physical affection as much as Jaya did, and didn't object in the slightest when she wrapped herself around him and gave him a kiss that was long, passionate and dirty, filled with promise of what they'd be doing later, and of how she had no intention of keeping her hands off of him in the meantime.
Marvel-Xmen comics-1

60 Posts
2 Threads
Nyte

Remy had not heard about what had happened between Jaya and the two men, Christian and Safi, the day prior. He’d been in another universe (dimension?) entirely, fulfilling his contract and taking a few extra things as he was wont to do. If he had known? Remy would have been furious, and while he was known to most as a rather easygoing man, once you had found yourself on his bad side, he was not the most forgiving man.

It was probably for the best he didn’t know either of the men involved in the incident.

Yes, Jaya had invited him over, but she was the head of her household here, and Remy respected that; being the leader meant that sometimes things came up, and he would never presume that their time together took precedence over anything else in her life. Bringing her gifts from the jobs he was contracted to do had become a steady routine for him over the last while. Often times the gifts were small, like this necklace, but size didn’t dictate the thought put into them, or the value of the items he brought her. And his eye for value was keen, he had been very, very well taught by his Guild.

Leaning back against the bartop, Remy watched those in the Goddess tonight move about with a small, knowing smile on his lips. That smile grew into a delighted expression when she approached him; he was always happy to see her. Her kiss was returned fervently, a quiet groan pulling from him as she pulled back away, “Ah, et es good t’see yo’, chere, as et always es.” He grinned widely enough to touch his eyes, “I brought yo’ somet’ing. Et es no quite as beautiful as yo’, but I t’ought dat maybe yo’ would like et.” He offered her the box then, even though that he’d brought it for her had always been obvious.
Star Trek-AOS

252 Posts
12 Threads
Job:
Katie

"I adore it." Jaya said, taking a moment to admire the quality of the stones, the elegance of the design and the the fineness of the workmanship before she turned around, raising her hair so that he could fasten the clasp more easily. All the while, she didn't really move away from him, just shifted a bit so that she could accept the gift and have him put it on her. "Its delightful, although not half as delightful as the man who gave it to me." not noticing, until she'd done so, that she'd called him a 'man'. Probably, Jaya told herself, because he'd been acting like a man, and that thought had been foremost in her mind.

"I'll take it with me when I go back home to see my family." Jaya continued, turning around to face him. "I don't know how long I'll be gone for, but it will be a few weeks, at least. The decisions that will need to be made about how to handle the Hub will be, well, significantly above my level. I think that they will listen to my ideas, though, about how Orions should present ourselves here, since its plain that Terrans will accept us as we are, and that trying to be as we've appeared in my universe will create problems. Especially when I have proof.." she touched the necklace "that some of you are capable of behaving like civilized beings, and treating a woman properly." she kissed him again "And the ones who don't would treat us with contempt and violence no matter what, so there is nothing to be gained by selling Orion slave girls here. Not when there are men who'd be just as glad to keep an Orion dancing girl as a mistress." Jaya knew that she was speaking to Remy in a way that many would find shockingly frank, but he was a scion of one of the better connected and established organizations in the Hub. Orion expansion would be much easier with his Guild's understanding and support.
Marvel-Xmen comics-1

60 Posts
2 Threads
Nyte

It was a very, very fine necklace. One that could have gained Remy quite a sum of money should he have fenced it, but he hadn’t taken it for the financial gain. He’d seen the necklace, seen the quality of the gems, the finesse it had taken to craft, and it had made him smile to think of seeing it against green hued skin. This wasn’t the first valuable gift he’d brought her, but it might be one of the most financially valuable ones he’d offered her. When she shifted for him to put it on her, he smiled the sort of smile he reserved for moments like this, when he was truly happy, the skin around his eyes crinkling slightly with the sheer size and stretch of his grin. Man, male, really they were the same, though Remy, ever the observant thief, noticed that she didn’t tend to call him a ‘man’ but usually the other. He wasn’t sure what that meant, but he did know that it meant something. Once the clasp was set, he settled the necklace against her skin and nodded, lowering his hands, “Ah, dat looks right, chere. Dis necklace, et called t’me, et needed a home where it could best be appreciated.” And it was clear from his tone and expression that he felt he’d found it the best home it could have.

Back home to see her family. Remy’s expression didn’t change, but the words were scorching. He was happy for her, that she could go back to see her family, return home, but he was also just a touch jealous. He always was when someone he knew who had been trapped here found their way back.

There was also worry. Worry that she wouldn’t return. A few weeks. He would miss her, she’d become one of the few routines in his life. Still, he couldn’t be upset that she was able to finally return home, see her family, contact those in her organization. The was right. He listened as she spoke, considering what she was saying, weighing the words carefully. She might be being surprisingly forthright, but Remy appreciated that. Politics were something he could wade his way through, but blunt honesty was something he could appreciate. “Yo’ will be coming back, though, won’t yo’, chere?” Her touch to the necklace drew his eyes and he smiled, looking up to meet her eyes, “O’ course.” He returned her kiss with a smile, “De ones who don’ don’ need t’be given de time o’ day.” He didn’t exactly scoff, but the dismissal in his tone was clear; he thought very little of someone who wouldn’t treat a woman with the respect that she deserved. People said a great many things about him, and often about how happy he was to share his bed with a beautiful woman, but he always treated them with respect and care, no one could or would claim differently. A mistress? Remy blinked, then shrugged, “Oui. Amongst other t’ings.” To Remy, Jaya wasn’t a mistress, she was a woman he spent a great deal of his time with. He had no illusions that he alone shared her bed, but he had never asked to be her only lover, either.

He couldn’t speak to the Thieve’s Guild’s position about the Orion Syndicate, but he would help Jaya bridge the gap between the Orions and the Guild as best as he could if she were to ask.
Star Trek-AOS

252 Posts
12 Threads
Job:
Katie

"Thank you." she said again "Its lovely, and when I'm away, it will be something to look at, and remember that there is someone here who is waiting, and who thinks so highly of me." she rested her head against his shoulder, snuggling against him as she spoke "Of course I will be returning here. The opportunities are too great to walk away from, for a start. And I confess, its pleasant, to not have to simper and giggle and pretend to be empty headed and foolish.

Jaya caught his reaction, and, unable to stop herself from asking said "Is it a bad thing, to have a mistress? Or is it that the idea doesn't interest you?" knowing that it was likely that Remy simply wanted to be able to keep his options open and not have any commitments to anyone. She didn't think about why it was that the idea bothered her a little. It wasn't as if she was going to be available for such things for much longer, her family would surely be arranging a marriage for her soon.

"I was hoping-" Jaya continued "that you might speak to the Guild, since I'd like to avoid conflict, especially if we expand things. It is good to have allies, and cooperation is so much more fun than fighting."
Marvel-Xmen comics-1

60 Posts
2 Threads
Nyte

Wrapping an arm around her as she leaned against him, Remy ran the fingers of his free hand through her hair lightly before holding her gently in his arms, “Yo’ welcome. Et es lovely, but no’ so lovely as she who allows et t’adorn her.” It was easy to compliment her; she was beautiful, and she was more than just pretty to look at. He could speak with her, have actual conversations… “Who would want a woman who was empty en de head?” He made a face, “Dat do no sound like someone I’d wan’ t’spend my time wit’. I am glad yo’ are no like dat.” He relaxed at her reassurance that she would return to Hub. He could find ways to pass the time for a few weeks. He would miss her, of course, but he could occupy himself. Perhaps he would teach the other Orions here how to play poker…

Her question earned a thoughtful look from him as he considered how best to answer her. “Dat es a good question, chere.” In a sense, yes, he was reluctant to commit to something, though he’d done that without really consciously thinking about it, even if he hadn’t acknowledged it to himself. After all, what other women did he spend his time with? But that wasn’t what had gotten the response from him, either. “En my world,” he qualified the statement he was about to make, because he knew that things often differed from world to world, “A mistress es… A secret woman a married man sees. Secret, hidden, because he does no’ want his wife t’know.” His feelings about that were clear on his face: Remy did not approve of that. “Et happens, oui, but I do no’ believe dat a man should treat his wife so.” He shrugged slightly against her without letting her go, “Should yo’ wife no’ have a say? An’ et goes de same fo’ her - if she wants anot’er man, den should she no’ speak o’ dis wit’ her husband?” His brother and sister in law didn’t have a very ‘traditional’ marriage, which had left Remy far more open minded to the idea of things than some might be, but he still believed in open communication and equal partnership in a marriage.

Speak to the Guild for her. Remy nodded slowly, considering what Jaya was asking, and how to best go about it. “I can speak to mon frere. He will mos’ likely still want t’speak t’yo’. But I will mention dis t’him.” The Guilds sometimes worked together back home, so why not in Hub? Things were different here, but he could see no reason why they couldn’t work together, or at least have peace and harmony between the organizations here.
Star Trek-AOS

252 Posts
12 Threads
Job:
Katie

"You would be surprised by the number of males who would rather have someone eager and witless, or who say they want an equal, and do not truly mean it. Or perhaps you wouldn't be surprised." Jaya had noticed the Remy viewed such behavior with scorn, which meant that he must be aware of it. "To be fair, Terrans aren't the worst in that regard, as a species, anyway."

"I see." Jaya said thoughtfully. It would be something to remember, as she and the other Orions, hopefully including some of her own family, worked out the best way to market companionship with Orion women. "It is a bad thing, for a husband to lie to his wife." she wouldn't put up with it for a moment "or the other way around. Orions don't lie like that, but then we can't. What would a better word be, do you think?" she asked, turning the question to practicalities.

"If you could arrange a meeting, it would be a good thing." Jaya replied "I would like to speak to your brother, and see what can be arranged."
Marvel-Xmen comics-1

60 Posts
2 Threads
Nyte

Remy scoffed aloud at the idea of wanting a woman who was witless. What good would someone like that do? Sure, she may be beautiful, but she wouldn’t be a partner, she couldn’t run a house or help with the Guild or… Well, that last thing wasn’t much of a concern for him, now was it? Still, the point stood. “Non, alas, I am no’ surprised, chere. Don’ mean I agree wit’ et.” He shook his head, “Dere are some… But dat es dere problem.” Remy didn’t just claim to want an equal partner, he honestly, genuinely wanted one. Someone to share his life with, not just take care of, but someone who could take care of him, too… He closed his eyes against that desire, willing it away, burying it under what he knew his life was.

“If yo’ commit t’someone like dat, den dere should be honesty an’ communication between yo’ bot’. Yo’ don’ lie o’ cheat on yo’ partner.” Remy nodded, he was serious about what he said, being honest with her, revealing more to her than he might have otherwise done, because he wanted her to understand where he was coming from. “No one should lie like dat, chere, but et happens too often where I am from.” What would be a better word? He considered it the same way he always did, “Paramours, lovers, partners.”

Smiling to her, Remy nodded, “I can do dat, oui. Henri es good an’ fair, he’ll listen t’yo’.” Remy would let Henri know that she just wanted to coexist well; that should be enough to get her a meeting with his brother, Remy was sure. Better to make friends than wage war.
Star Trek-AOS

252 Posts
12 Threads
Job:
Katie

"It is their problem." Jaya replied, with a little smirk "A male like that is easy to manipulate, for a start. Of course, a male who puffs himself up, thinking that he is doing a great favor by treating you as an equal, while still believing you inferior is the second easiest." clearly, she didn't put Remy in either of those categories. And the second, honestly, was true of some of the Orion women she'd meant, who didn't treat their menfolk like thinking, feeling beings. Oh, Jaya still wanted a man who'd be content to take care of the home and the children, but she also wanted someone she could depend on, who could be a useful partner. Especially now, that she had a business to build, and contacts to make.

"I've seen it often with Terrans in my universe." Jaya replied "They drone on about the importance of monogamy, and scorn Orions because we couple where and when we please, if we don't have a husband or a owner to object." she smiled wickedly "Of course, it pleases us to couple quite often, so perhaps they fear they cannot keep up." she considered the words "Paramour, perhaps. I will consider it. Lover and partner implies that the relationship isn't primarily physical, does it not?" It'd be easier to place Orion women if they didn't have to waste years convincing their target that it was true, unshakable love."

"Thank you." Jaya said, kissing him. Please that Remy was helping her. Which, she told herself, was good, since it meant that her investment of time and energy had payed off.
Marvel-Xmen comics-1

60 Posts
2 Threads
Nyte

If someone wasn’t able to treat you like a person, like someone worthy of their time and respect, then there was no point in spending your time and respect on them. It was something that was notable about Remy LeBeau; if he spent time with you, he treated you with respect, and he expected the same in return. If you couldn’t return the favor, then he simply moved on and found someone else who could. Jaya had always treated Remy with the same courtesy that he treated her with, and that was good; he kept coming back, he gave her gifts, and all he asked for in return was respect and honesty. It was a fairly simple arrangement they had.

At least, it was on the surface.

He didn’t consider why he’d miss her, or how much he would miss her. Just as he didn’t consider why he kept giving her gifts. “If yo’ don’ have a husban’,” he purposely left out the ‘owner’ part because he didn’t like it, not even a little bit, “Den I see no reason yo’ canno’ be wit’ whoever yo’ want t’be.” Monogamy was a dream; to be someone’s one and only… It was also a hell of a lot to demand of someone. Something terribly hard to live up to. But it was a nice dream nonetheless. Remy had always found himself able to stay faithful to a woman when they decided to become exclusive. It had been some time since he’d had someone like that in his life, but he didn’t find it a hardship, not if he were serious about the woman. However, not everyone was like him, and not every relationship was the same. His brother and sister in law had their relationship, and it worked well for them; Remy had no issue with how they lived. Similarly, he had no issue with how the Orions lived. “If a person wants monogamy, den dey need t’find another who feels the same an’ be wit’ dem. Et es no’ right t’tell another dat dey need t’change how dey wish t’live. Especially when de two people are no’ involved.”

Did lover or partner imply the relationship wasn’t primarily physical? He shrugged, “I suppose dey do.” He frowned slightly, considering what she was saying, “Are yo’ saying dat Orions only pursue physical relationships?” The question spoke to something deep in him, asking something more than just the generalized question, but he didn’t voice that, unsure how she would read into such a...personal...question.

Returning her kiss, he smiled into the embrace, pulling away to settling his forehead against her shoulder momentarily, “O’ course, chere.”
Star Trek-AOS

252 Posts
12 Threads
Job:
Katie

If Jaya had a choice, she most certainly wanted to couple with someone like Remy, who treated her with kindness and respect, doubly so if it was going to be a long and extensive association. But she also understood that sometimes that wasn't possible, and that sometimes her duty to the Orion Syndicate would involve coupling with a male that she wouldn't have selected if the only concern was pleasing herself. The fact that she could pick and choose was a benefit of her position, and not something that she took for granted. Of course, it wasn't as though the males that she coupled with on a regular basis were selected purely for their personal qualities, she wasn't that unprofessional. But, she had to admit, she'd probably have made an exception to that rule for Remy, and gone to bed with him even if he wasn't related to the local head of the Thieve's Guild.

"I agree completely." Jaya said, kissing him to show exactly how much she agreed "The ironic thing is that Orions expect to be monogamous within the marriage, at least when the woman is at home, and when she isn't at home, she'll couple with aliens, but she won't have sex with an Orion man. Breaking those norms, well, when it does happen, the husband won't take her back after the next sale, and no one blames him. If the man cheats well...that just doesn't happen. Not in a serious relationship, anyway." That kind of devotion, and love, and loyalty was what Jaya had always wanted, and she still did. It was just that now, for the first time, she was realizing what it meant, that finding a good Orion man to settle down with would mean giving up her regulars. She'd do it, of course, but...Well, she's adjust, and there would be benefits to doing so.

Jaya knew a loaded question when she heard it, and so she took a moment, to answer carefully. "No, not always. But in the Orion Syndicate, our business often involves spending weeks or months or years with a male who is primarily interested in the physical pleasure of coupling, and with the status that comes with possessing an Orion Beast Woman. And to be honest-sometimes there are advantages to an association like that. But those aren't the only sort of relationships that we seek out, no." Of course, those 'other sorts' of relationships were usually with other Orions. The Orion Syndicate had learned, the hard way, that an Orion Slave Girl could be compromised if she started to develop tender feelings towards her master. Not to say that such relationships were tolerated, if the woman could avoid being compromised, but it did make things difficult. Not to mention the fact that it meant being away from other Orions. Jaya, frankly, didn't want to make that sacrifice.

When he rested his head on her shoulder, Jaya caressed Remy's head tenderly "You are so good to me, sweetness." this time, the statement required no thought. It was a simple declaration of how she felt, and how much she valued his care.
Marvel-Xmen comics-1

60 Posts
2 Threads
Nyte

Remy understood duty and the idea of attaching yourself to someone for the good of your family and guild. He had been lucky enough to have loved Bella Donna, but even if he hadn't, he would have married her nonetheless. When his father, his patriarch, had commanded him into exile to keep the guild from war with the assassins, Remy had left without complaint, and he had stayed gone. Still, he wouldn’t deny that he was glad to have the freedom that living in Hub afforded him, even with his brother here.

Jaya's admission earned a look of surprise from Remy. Only men of other races for the women, but the men were expected to... remain celibate? Remy wasn't one to look for real intimacy outside of a serious relationship when he was involved in one, but to be told his wife could sleep with aliens, while he had to stay home and be faithful… "I would t’ink et would go bot' ways. Otherwise et es no' much o' a partnership, es et?" He shifted, considering, "I don’ know 'bout yo', but while I might no' be interested en ot' er company like dat, et does no' sound equal."

Weeks, months, years."" That was one hell of a range to be away from home. Away from the people you loved and cared for… Remy could empathize, he'd been away from home, from his family, for over a decade.

The question wasn't as general as he phrased it, of course it wasn’t. Remy was curious about and interested in Onions, certainly, but the drive behind the question was more directly about them. He wasn’t opposed to a purely physical relationship, but he'd prefer to know that sooner rather than later. Leaning forward, resting his forehead on her as he did, he watched for the tells that might show him how she saw him.

“Et es easy t' be good t' yo, Jaya."
Star Trek-AOS

252 Posts
12 Threads
Job:
Katie

"It goes both ways when the woman is at home." Jaya said, hoping to clarify things "What she does when she's been" she hesitated and instead of saying 'sold' said "when she's gone off to travel with a patron, that is different. For a start, its work, not something she's doing for her own pleasure." she chose to avoid the question of if it was equal-it wasn't of course, but then Orion men, even members of the Orion Syndicate, didn't typically leave their homes and families. Their work kept them close to home, physically safe, and the price for that was watching their women go into danger. But she knew that Terrans valued 'equality', so she skirted around it. "Sometimes, the woman will try to take short term assignments, so that she can spend more time with her husband and children." Jaya smiled "Or, if you're my mother, do that and make sure that she was spending plenty of time at home, having babies, and retiring as soon as she could."

Jaya caught Remy's unspoken question, and well...it might be foolish, but she did value him, and the time that they spent together beyond the simple pleasure of coupling. She enjoyed spending time with Remy, and wanted that to continue. Gently, she brushed along the back of his head and replied "It isn't, really. Not for most Terrans, anyway. I'm glad that you find it easy."
Marvel-Xmen comics-1

60 Posts
2 Threads
Nyte

Remy listened, and considered what Jaya was saying. Different cultures had different taboos, and what might be perfectly acceptable within the Thieve’s Guild might be considered heinous in the Orion Syndicate. Curious, he asked, “What if de husband do no’ want his wife t’do dat sort o’ work?” His voice was devoid of judgement, but his curiosity was evident.

He noticed her lack of answer about equality, and being the intelligent thief he was, understood what she was telling him by not telling him anything. In Jaya’s culture, men and women were not equal. And from what he was hearing, it was the women who were the favored gender. It made a certain sort of sense; in many species even on Earth (or his Earth, or really, on most Earths) the female of the species was the dominant gender. They were sometimes larger than the males, but even if they weren’t, they tended to be tougher. Humans were odd, and considering how Jaya often spoke of ‘Terrans’ that seemed to be how they were seen by Orions. He chuckled at her comment about her mother, shrugging, “Ah, but retirement es a grand goal t’have, chere.” Thieves tended to retire out of necessity, either because they’d been caught too many times or because age made continuing too difficult, but not everyone worked into old age or confinement. Remy hoped he could happily retire some day. But not anytime very soon.

He enjoyed his profession.

The trouble with Jaya’s ‘answer’ to Remy’s unspoken question was that it was a clear signal. Remy felt the caress, registered it, and considered it. He hadn’t been very blunt, but he hadn’t been very subtle, either, and he knew it; he knew that Jaya had caught his concern, but the fact that she answered said that she cared. “Ah, chere, dose are ones yo’ should no’ bother with anyway.”
Star Trek-AOS

252 Posts
12 Threads
Job:
Katie

"The Orion Syndicate is part of Orion society as a whole, but the work we do is difficult, and dangerous, and in many ways we function as a buffer between aliens and the rest of our species." Jaya explained "Almost everyone in the Syndicate is born into it, so from childhood we see the women in our family going away, even if we don't know some of the details of what it is they are doing. We don't marry young, either, so by the time a man is ready to marry he knows if he can deal with seeing his wife leave. That is what is hard for Orion men, seeing their wife go away, not knowing when or if she'll come back. The coupling, that isn't anything that he'd be jealous of." or at least she'd never heard a man say something to contradict that idea. "Orion men aren't possessive in that way. Anyway" she continued, realizing she'd gotten a bit off track, and also not wanting to explain that Orions didn't think of coupling with a alien as being equivalent to having sex with another Orion, "If a man decides that he doesn't want to work within the Orion Syndicate, or marry within it, he leaves. It doesn't happen often, but it does occur. The same is true for women, as well. Not all of us decide we are cut out for that life."

"Retirement is a fine thing." Jaya agreed "But for right now, I think that I prefer to enjoy the life that I have here." she leaned into him as she spoke "It has so many advantages, after all."

"Sometimes, dealing with them cannot be avoided, though." she replied "But now, in this time, in this place, when I can choose my paramours" deliberately using the word Remy had selected, to test it out, and finding she liked the way it felt on her tongue "freely, then yes, if I choose a man, he's someone I want to bother with." noticing, as soon as she spoke, that she'd let herself think of Remy as a man, not just a male.
Marvel-Xmen comics-1

60 Posts
2 Threads
Nyte

Remy watched as Jaya explained more about her home, her planet, her people, her culture. The Syndicate really did sound a lot like the Guild; most were born into it, the Guild had more exceptions than the Syndicate seemed to, but that was still the easiest and most common path to membership. They had their own culture, too. What surprised him most was that Jaya seemed to think that no Orion man would ever have a problem with his wife sleeping with someone else. That not a single one of them would be jealous. And alright, in that culture, it was likely that no, most of the men of her race wouldn’t have as many issues as a human might, but that there would be no exceptions? That just didn’t ring true for him. It was a hell of a lot more likely that the ones who didn’t like it just stayed quiet, because that was what was expected of them. Not possessive in that way. It wasn’t just about possessiveness; it was about wanting someone who was just with you, who didn’t need or want anyone else. Not that Remy considered himself especially needy, but damn, wouldn’t that be nice? And a whole planet full of men who just didn’t care for the idea? That was hard to imagine.

The admission that while it was very uncommon that an Orion man or woman decided to not live that lifestyle made Remy feel a little bit better. “I understan’.” So they had the option of saying no. That was good. Remy liked the idea of the Orion people having a say in how they wanted to live. Everyone deserved that sort of freedom.

With a chuckle, Remy agreed with Jaya, “I am glad yo’ find yo’self so happy here, chere. Dis place es a good one. Et has been good t’me, as well.” Yes, he was exiled, but it was a very comfortable exile. No assassins to worry about, he had plenty of work to fill his time, and there was always people around to spend his extra time with. People like Jaya. “Oui, many advantages.”

Jaya’s words earned a smile from the thief, who relaxed. “Bien. Dere es no reason yo’ should ever have t’trouble yo’self wit’ someone like dat.” Yes, Remy could feel protective sometimes, even when he was well aware that Jaya hardly needed protection. Still. She shouldn’t need to handle such things herself.
Star Trek-AOS

252 Posts
12 Threads
Job:
Katie

Jaya could see that Remy was a bit dubious of her description of how Orion men acted, but she decided to let it go. It was just another example of the gulf that would always exist between Orions and Terrans, that Terran males looked at monogamy in terms of ownership, and not wanting to have other males touching your property, where an Orion man would understand that making a monogamous commitment was about saying that he was the only one you wanted or needed to take care of you, that he was enough to keep you happy. And that the woman was enough for him, of course. So she decided to let it go, at least for the moment.

"Many, many advantages." Jaya murmured, before she captured his mouth in another hungry kiss. She had to make sure that he remembered her while she was gone, after all.

"I hope you are right." Jaya replied "Does this mean that you'll be waiting for me when I get back?" she asked flirtatiously. Not that she expected him to be celibate while she was gone, but she did hope that he'd still be avaliable when she did return.
Marvel-Xmen comics-1

60 Posts
2 Threads
Nyte

Remy would have been sad to hear that Jaya thought that human men viewed their relationships in terms of ownership. It wasn’t like that, or at least, it wasn’t like that for Remy. For him… It was about equality and loyalty. If a woman could go sleep with other men, then why shouldn’t the man be allowed and even expected to do the same? It worked both ways. But he didn’t drag out that part of the conversation, realizing it might be something that they could possibly disagree on, and honestly, it wasn’t something that affected their relationship or interactions enough to harp on. Her culture was different than his own, and if the men on her world were happy and content with that culture, then that was all for the better. It really wasn’t his business to interfere, and it would be rude and improper to try to press his opinions or point of view on her. He liked her as she was, and he had no interest in trying to change her mind. This was what it was, and he took what was freely and willingly given, and gave what he was willing to freely in return, and that worked out quite well for both of them.

Besides, a man or a woman could say ‘no’ to the lifestyle Jaya lived, and that was a freedom of choice. If a man couldn’t handle that life, then he was free to leave and marry outside of it, and that choice meant that if a man did have an issue with it, he could leave. The fact reassured him, and he relaxed with the knowledge.

Jaya’s words earned a grin from Remy that didn’t exactly disappear when she kissed him. Instead he kept smiling into the kiss, moving closer to her without crowding her, reaching to just hold her gently. As though he could forget her. A couple of weeks, she had said. That was nowhere near enough time for Remy to even think about putting her out of his mind. Chances were he’d have stockpiled little trinkets and things to give her when she came back. Gifts to show her that she’d been missed while she’d been gone.

Waiting for her? Remy’s grin turned just a little bit wicked, “Wit’ baited breath, chere.” It wasn’t as though he intended to abstain while she was gone, but neither did he really feel a need to think about moving on to someone else, either. He’d wait, and if he couldn’t, then he’d figure that out. His sister would hate it, but Jaya had become the prevailing female in his romantic life. Remy didn’t come to Jaya just for the sex, not anymore, he liked talking to her, just spending time with her. Not that he was about to turn down the sex, either… “When yo’ get back, yo’ should send word, non? Let Remy know yo’ are back, safe an’ sound. Et would make me feel better t’know when yo’ve returned.”