Marvel-MCU-3

47 Posts
7 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Katie

All Accounts Posts: 575
Natalia stepped through the portal, dirty and tired and needing to clean up and sleep and start to feel like a person again. She'd expected to do all of those things on the Hellicarrier, which was where Doctor Strange's portal was supposed to let her out. Instead, it dropped her on the sidewalk in front of the Avenger's Tower.

That was more than a little unexpected, but if Strange's magic was going to go wrong, there were worse ways that could happen, than to be dropped off in front of the place she lived. Not home, no. It hadn't been home for awhile, not since everything had gone wrong, but the small apartment that she'd moved into-as far away from where Steve stayed with Tony Stark as was humanly possible-was where she kept her stuff, and where she slept when she wasn't on a mission. So, she'd go up, call Fury to let him know she wasn't dead or splattered across the cosmos, then she'd shower and fall into bed, and hope she didn't dream.
Marvel Comics-Marvel 616-Adjacent

9 Posts
2 Threads
Job: Sorceress/Scientist/Dictator-to-be
Ship Status: Single
Sexual Orientation: Bixexual
Mike

All Accounts Posts: 400
Being ripped from reality, in a word, sucked.

It wasn’t so much the pain of it, although there was some of that. No, pain and Victoria were old friends. There was a sense of disconnection, though, that was nearly unbearable, and that was what was even more disconcerting, this sense that you suddenly weren’t part of the world, were thrust out of it, rejected by it. No, this wouldn’t do.

I think that we won’t allow this.
No, we certainly won’t. I can anchor us from moving too far away...
And I can pull us back in. And then we can annihilate him for daring to-
We can escape. We didn’t win that battle, and he was holding back. Didn’t you notice?
Then we’ll make him regret it.
No, this coup is over, and we lost. We’ll be better prepared next time. Are you ready?
…Fine.

There was a sudden tearing at the fabric of reality, a warping that made the floor and ceiling groan and screech as they were first drawn into, then pushed out from a point in the air. The air suddenly began rushing into the sudden crack that appeared in midair, and then a young blonde, followed by a mostly-intact robot, were expelled from it into the air. It would appear that one of her loyal Doombots had come through with her.

“Defend the throne!” the mechanical voice of Doom declared in Latverian from inside the robot, raising its remaining hand to fire a blast that melted a hole in the wall just past her, its targeting systems obviously affected by the extradimensional jaunt. Apparently, this was one of her uncle’s robots, not hers.

Still shaky herself from the effort of coming through, Victoria pointed at the robot, firing a blast from the finger of her gauntlet that spun the robot around as it impacted its shoulder, the blast ricocheting off its armor and through a nearby door. Apparently, her uncle had been keeping tabs on the strength of her weaponry. “Treacherous old dog…” she muttered in Latverian as she turned up the power and prepared to blast again.
Marvel-MCU-1

30 Posts
3 Threads
Job: Stark Tech/Superhero
Ship Status: KAKE
Sexual Orientation: Sexual Orientation is Yes.
Moon

All Accounts Posts: 173
Kai stretched with a groan- she wanted to remain on good terms with her sort of maybe boss- but it didn't change how incredibly annoying it was to be called to reconnect two wires that Tony easily could have done himself. Hell- that man was the laziest thing the inhuman had ever encountered. She startled as a wall in front of her blew out, her pohaku stirring up just in time to block the shot. She cursed quietly at the screaming pain.

Still her dumb superhero nature, she pulled her breather mask on, from the bag that she kept present on her hip at all times. She ran into the room, her eyebrows raising in surprise at the- doom bot? She ducked under a blast from a different person who seemed to be fighting the bot- who she made vague eye contact with before giving a shrug and punching the bot with the full might of her fist. "I assume you aren't the bad guy- if you are, We can get in to it after the thing that's blowing holes in the building goes away."
Marvel-MCU-3

47 Posts
7 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Katie

Even though she was going home, Black Widow hadn't tossed away the Uzi or the grenades she'd pulled off the the guard-waste not, want not, and as the robot attacked the tower, she was glad she'd made that choice. Not that she was going to assume that the girl was innocent, or the victim, but in her experience when robots started attacking it was never a good thing, so she was willing to err on the side of attacking the killer robot.

She didn't know what shooting at it would do, but most things didn't like grenades, so she took cover behind a "planter" that was actually a crash barrier and tossed one at the robot. She wasn't as good a marksman as Hawkeye-who was-but she had a good arm and decent aim, and the grenade hit the robot easily.

9 Posts
2 Threads
Mike

Oh look, the little people were here... wherever 'here' was. She was obviously not in Latveria, which irritated Victoria greatly, but one couldn't have it all. She'd thrust out of her own spacetime by her uncle, the fact that she was anywhere was a vast improvement over what was expected. One had to look on the bright side of things, she'd once heard. She didn't often subscribe to that theory, but even she had to admit that the fact that she existed in any place at the moment was better than she should have been able to hope for.

Their reaction time was impressive, too. SHe'd been thrust into this place for no more than a few moments when the Doombot was being fired on and punched with impressive force. Not that either were bound to do much more than annoy a Doombot, but then again, this one was damaged. Maybe they would render it vulnerable to a stronger attack, an attack like... an explosion.

From a grenade, that the ridiculously attractive redhead threw.

Damn it.

Her bare left hand traced through the air, weaving arcane symbols together quickly, her eyes blazing blue. The grenade, in this case, might be overkill, or it might be exactly what was needed. Either way, if it was going to destroy the robot, it was going to do considerably worse to Victoria or the more hands-on of the little people who had reacted. Her gauntleted right hand extended, Victoria activated her personal force field while she finished casting her spell with the other, encasing the other woman in a sheath of ice that she judged should be enough to protect her from the most harmful of the grenade's blast, unpleasant as the experience might be.

THe explosion still threw them away from the blast area, and while the ice and the force field might have absorbed the truly harmful parts of the explosion, as Victoria bounced against a wall she promised herself that she'd find some minor revenge to take out on the redhead for that.

She could have at least shouted a warning...

She spared barely a glance to see that the ice around the other woman had broken mostly free in the explosion, which was good enough. Looking around, Victoria started hobbling toward the robot to make sure that it was out of commission, at least for the moment.
Marvel-MCU-1

30 Posts
3 Threads
Moon

Kai was annoyed with herself to say the least when all she got in way of damage was a small dent and scratch on the metal beast. Considering how much force she could generate across her fist, she was getting a bad feeling about how long this fight would take. Either she was going to need to do some serious pummeling, or they'd have to pull some coordinated attacks that would require the three of them to actually know who each other were or what each other was capable of.

She barely even noticed the bullets as they flew by, though her automatic reaction to gunshots did make itself known as a small portion of her pohaku slid to protect the side at risk from the incoming fire. The grenade however was less easily ignored. Kai cursed loudly before starting her dash towards the hole in the wall she had just entered through- certainly the damaged wall may not hold to the force of the blast- but combined with her own rocky shell, she thought she'd manage to dodge the shrapnel.

Of course, before she could make it all the way there, she felt the movement of her joints freeze as an icy shell began to form around her. It was no colder than the ocean could be- but her mind began to fog over with terror as the shell formed around her. Suddenly Kai was two years younger, the air in her lungs feeling painfully small, and she couldn't see. Certainly the inhuman's powerful mind could comprehend that it was an explosion which sent her falling weightlessly, and that her downward momentum was accelerating faster than it would were she underwater- but it felt like sinking.

She thanked her ancestors profusely as she was blown back into the floor, the ice shattering around her. Kai gasped for air, eyes wide and panicked as she tore apart the remaining ice like paper as fast as she could. (Later it would occur to her to wonder how it was that her movement had been halted in the first place- but then the ice had been damaged by the shrapnel when she scrapped it, so it was possible she may not have been able to handle it so easily unbroken.)

Kai launched herself upright, desperate for something to focus on, walking quickly towards the robot to check for any signs of life. She found some unbroken circuits that she salvaged for careful testing afterwards, but for the most part it seemed to be in unconnected pieces. Undangerous she decided- though she ducked down to check in more detail that all of the weapons had been disconnected from power sources. "You know- I appreciate that you were both fighting as you knew best, but perhaps we could shout some warnings before throwing grenades or encasing people in ice?" She offered softly as she tore a few wires between her fingers, watching as another red light powered down.
Marvel-MCU-3

47 Posts
7 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Katie

"Sorry." Black Widow said with a shrug "taking out the killer robot seemed like the priority." not that she was actually sorry. Neither one of these women was on the very, very short list of people she cared about keeping safe. Even as she spoke, though, she could feel the Black Widow face starting to slide away, go into storage, and Natasha came out.

"I'm kind of jumpy, I just finished a mission up, and Strange's portal dumped me here, instead of taking me back to the Hellicarier, so yea." she smiled "I'm Natasha. Good to meet you."

9 Posts
2 Threads
Mike

The explosion was, apparently, too much for a damaged Doombot. She knelt down to examine it, and sadly had to conclude that it was, indeed, completely destroyed. Harmless. This technological work of art… ruined. It was sad that it was a necessary conclusion to the battle, but there you had it. She would just have to start from scratch without any mostly-working units.

She looked up at Kai, feeling some sympathy for what had just happened to the girl, but feeling much less of it after she noticed the girl being ready to abscond with proprietary technology of the Crown of Latveria. Well, it wasn’t like her uncle didn’t leave Doombot parts littering the battlefields for anyone to loot, this wasn’t really worth getting upset about, but it seemed… presumptive, at the very least.

Seeing how the women were speaking English, she switched over to that language, with an expected Eastern European accent. “A grenade explodes after as little as four seconds, which meant we had limited time to discuss the options,” Victoria answered calmly. “Next time I shall let you weigh your defensive options at your leisure.” Which, of course, would probably negate most of them, but she was the one who was complaining about surviving.

The ridiculously attractive redhead was apologizing, but not very convincingly. This was nothing new to Victoria… at least, the lack of remorse was. This woman at least felt somewhat familiar in this odd surrounding. “Did he intentionally exile you?” Victoria asked mildly, “Or was that simply the result of relying on the magic of an inferior sorceror?”
Marvel-MCU-1

30 Posts
3 Threads
Moon

This variant of the Black Widow gave an apology that Kai acknowledged with a duck of her head- certainly she had been startled but it wasn't her first fight with random flying live fire- the only reason she had really remarked was due to the terror in her veins. Sectioning off her fear and turning it off, Kai relaxed as she felt the adrenaline in her veins settle. She did raise an annoyed eyebrow with this entitled blonde.

Forcing the pohaku out of her skin and through the holes of her clothes she raised them up in a defensive wall. "You mean that as an insult I'm certain but I am actually quite capable of protecting myself." Kai said with a small wave of her hand at the stones. She let out a mildly annoyed sigh before temporarily removing her anger as well. "By which I mean Thank you for protecting me- even if being encased in ice is not my idea of a pleasant event." The inhuman said with a polite nod as her nerves sparked slightly uncomfortably. The adrenaline in her system was running out of ways to use itself up.

She smiled at Natasha and shaped her stones into a very large hand to wave at the others. "I'm Kai- Kailani Mahelona. I'm from the second variant of the avengers world to appear. I've actually met the you from my universe actually Natasha. Nice to meet you both though."
Marvel-MCU-3

47 Posts
7 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Katie

"I don't know enough about magic to have an answer for that." Natasha said, trying to place the accent. It was obviously Eastern European, but it wasn't one she recognized, which was very interesting. "Probably incompetence, Strange is powerful, but he hasn't been a wizard all that long."

"Alternate universes?" Natasha said to the dark haired woman "That would explain the Avenger's Tower still being here. I don't think I've met you, or a version of you anyway. Or you." she added, looking at Victoria. "Where are you from, I can't place the accent."

9 Posts
2 Threads
Mike

Was she being insulting? It was difficult to tell sometimes if that was how things were going to be taken. She had to speak respectfully to her Uncle, of course, but to the rest of the world… well, from the rest of the world, she must demand the respect that a Von Doom was due, and if they failed to give it it would be on her head if she did not fail to extract it from them. One did not allow the royal name to be sullied, not even when one was the heir to the throne.

“No insult,” Victoria said, and decided that it was an honest answer as she said it. Why, exactly, would she need to insult this woman? “It is merely a fact, and facts speak for themselves. Though perhaps my words were not chosen as… diplomatically as they could have been. It has been a trying day, and I am not at my best. I apologize that you have to meet me in such a state.” She had, after all, just been foiled in her coup and beaten in a rather intense mystical and technological battle by her Uncle. Her physical injuries were fairly minor, but the mystical beating she’d taken had done a number on her soul, she knew that without even checking.

When the ridiculously attractive redhead inquired as to her origin, Victoria’s posture instinctively straightened, and she shifted the cloak that still hung around her shoulders to straighten it. “I am Victoria von Doom, sorceress of the Zefiro clan, heiress apparent to the royal throne of Latveria,” she declared, before looking around her once more and amending the statement. “Although… I suppose that I am now heiress-in-exile to the throne of Latveria, until I gather what force is needed to stage my return.”
Marvel-MCU-1

30 Posts
3 Threads
Moon

Kai rubbed the back of her neck awkwardly. Natasha seemed to be mostly focused on the other woman- which didn't matter much to Kai. What did matter was the implication that neither woman knew where they were. She groaned softly to herself, letting the blonde's apology go by with a wave of the inhuman's hand to indicate she wasn't annoyed. She did raise an eyebrow at the introduction however.

"I'm sorry... Who? And what is Latveria?" Kai offered with a brow wrinkled in confusion. She had been all over the world- and she had certainly never heard of such a country, let alone one with a practising sorceress as heir. Letting that question hang to be answered or not answered, she decided to stop putting it off and face the fact that she had accidentally found her way to being the welcoming committee to two powerful women.

"Right. So the way you say alternate realities suggests you're new here- trust me it takes some getting used to. Welcome to The Hub. A place between realities, where many intersect. I know of five confirmed variants of the avengers reality- so it's possible that someone from one of your home realities is here. You said you arrived by a portal from Dr. strange?" She said to Nat, not quite ready to open the can of worms that was duplicates to these two. "And I've never heard of Latveria, suggesting you are at the least not from my reality." Kai offered to Victoria, hoping she wasn't flooding them with information too quickly.
Marvel-MCU-3

47 Posts
7 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Katie

"Yes, I did." Natasha replied,taking a deep breath as she processed what the dark haired woman was saying. "I don't think anyone from my reality has gone missing recently, unless the timelines get screwy here as well." in which case, Natalia whispered, maybe Bucky was here. Or Steve from before things had gone wrong. But no. She wasn't going to torture herself with 'what ifs'. The past was the past, and it was time to move on with her life. Maybe this would be the place to do that.

"I'm sorry." she said, looking at the blonde "I've never heard of Latveria either, so you aren't from my reality, I guess. I suppose we should go into the Tower, and see who is around, and if there is anyone familiar."

9 Posts
2 Threads
Mike

Neither woman knew of Latveria. Victoria wasn’t sure whether that was interesting or alarming. Whatever her Uncle had done, it had apparently sent her to a place where Latveria didn’t exist, or else it didn’t exist under that name. What, exactly, had become of her homeland? On the other hand… once the brief shock of that revelation ended, Victoria reflected that this might be the first chance she had of acting without the shadow of her Uncle’s global infamy working against her (and possibly her own, but she wasn’t so vain as to think that people would think of her first when they heard the name ‘Von Doom’). In some ways, until she made it back to force her return, this might be idea.

“Latveria is a small country in Eastern Europe,” she answered, apparently losing her concern over their lack of recognition. “Bordering Romania, Hungary, Serbia and Symkaria. At least, in my world, it was.” What the young American woman said was interesting… She was between realities? Five versions of Avengers? Well, she’d just have to look into this now. If no one knew of her and hers, all well and good. If they did… well, if she needed to force the issue of respect, she knew how to do that. "It would be interesting to know what has become of my country in your world. Or, I suppose, what didn't become of it, if you've never even heard of it."

“Yes, let us see who is here. A familiar face is always a good thing to see.” Why yes, she would like a look through the inside of Stark Tower, guided though the look might be. If nothing else came of it, it was at least intelligence she could make use of at a later time.
Marvel-MCU-1

30 Posts
3 Threads
Moon

Kai smiled despite how ill at ease she felt- one of the tricks you picked up when you did anything with public speaking. As it was, she felt like this might be the most difficult audience yet- so she was pleasantly surprised when they didn't ask her to prove her statements and accepted them as fact. "Certainly- I've seen worlds where the United states never came to be either- though those are few. But the hub has everything from Angels and Demons to dwarves and elves and-" She chuckled slightly, thinking of herself. "Alright I won't list space travellers and aliens in that list since my reality at least has those." 'myself included' she added silently. Kai wasn't certain that the inhumans counted as Alien since they originated from the same planet- but they certainly had alien intervention in their past.

While on the topic, her pohaku turned fluid and flowed back under her clothing. She hummed softly at the agreement and turned to show them out of the damaged room. "I should warn you, just because two people look alike, they may not be the same person. There is, for example, more than one Tony stark here."

Kai pulled the door open with a grin. "Welcome to the wacky nature of the hub." Striding through the door she elaborated. "If you're familiar with the multiverse theory- it explains that there are infinite alternate worlds- and each one has the possibility of possessing an alternate version of you." She let that explanation sink in for a moment as they walked through the empty halls.