Harry Potter-Main Universe

56 Posts
6 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Mike

All Accounts Posts: 881
While he was a social creature, there were very few people who valued their privacy as much as Oryn. To him, the perfect partner was one who was not inclined to badger him with questions or requests for explanations. This had, in turn, turned into a habit of valuing those moments when those he was working with pursued their own pursuits without needing his supervision or input. Torynn, he suspected, was delightfully independent, probably as much as he was.

“Elven wine?” he said, raising an eyebrow, his eyes drifting to her ears for just a moment. “Well, I do have elf-made wine,” he said, reaching for a bottle, “But I sincerely doubt that it’s the same as that on your world. Elves on my world are quite different than you.” Nevertheless, he poured her a glass of what he did have. Who knew, maybe she’d like the elf-made wine of his world, maybe it was something close. He had no idea how house-elves made such good wine, after all. He had his own questions about this ‘Sigil’ place, but was distracted by her question. “I have no proof, this is purely conjecture, but I think not. Distance appears to be entirely mutable in this place, which leads me to believe that it’s a series of intersecting planes, each at a slightly different… hm, I suppose ‘angle’ is a reasonable enough word to use, all radiating out from this one central location. In theory, however this is being accomplished, you can always fit one more plane between two others.” He took a sip of his firewhiskey, letting that sink in for a moment. “Of course, practice might include variables that aren’t obvious to us, so again… just conjecture.”

Oryn relaxed in the chair, his favorite, which was in truth more comfortable than the other, though not obviously so to a stranger. He peered over the rim of his glass at the lovely girl across from him, studying her with an intelligent interest, noting both her obvious charms and the questions that were raised in his mind. “Really, I thought it best if we use the opportunity to learn what we need about each other first. As I’m sure you’ve been able to see, your world is quite different than mine. I don’t really know what to make of you in many ways. I know you aren’t human, obviously, but aside from that?” He shrugged. “I’m considered one of the more intelligent people in my world, but I’m sure that I lack some of the most basic knowledge those on your world know which might lead people there to believe I’m a dullard.” And, likewise, she was going to need to know things about his world and similar worlds if they were going to proceed, but he didn’t need to belabor that point.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The best secret hideouts are really secret - by Oryn Vance - 10-29-2017, 04:46 AM