Harry Potter-Main Universe

58 Posts
6 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Mike

All Accounts Posts: 924
”Felixempra,” Oryn murmured as he waved his wand over the cauldron in a delicate looping patern. The potion gave a final shimmering ripple and Oryn, satisfied, turned off the heat under it to let it cool before turning around to where Torynn had waited with particular patience. “Ah, welcome back my dear,” he said, standing and giving her a courtly bow. “It’s good to see that you haven’t ruled me inconsequential in your future pursuits here yet,” he added, only half-teasing. The woman deciding that she didn’t need the wizard had been a reasonable chance, after all.

He considered her question as he walked across the study to the shelf behind his desk which held a small locked liquor cabinet. The cabinet unlocked with a flick of his wand, and Oryn opened it, perusing the limited selection he kept in the study. “What do you like to drink?” he asked as he poured himself a glass of firewhisky. “And I can’t say that I’ve heard of that name before. Those who live here call the place the Hub, and I’ve never heard of them referring to it in any other terms. There don’t appear to be any other localities in the place, unless you count the ever-shifting echoes of the many worlds that touch the place, and I don’t believe anyone counts them.”

Returning to where Torynn was, he gestured to one of the high-backed chairs by the fireplace. “Please, have a seat. There’s nothing quite like sitting enthroned in front of a fire with a drink while discussing the fate of the worlds, I’ve found.” And, not surprisingly, Oryn took a seat in his favorite chair, relaxing into it like the throne that it apparently was. “And I say that without any real feeling of exaggeration. This is the one place where I believe that any endeavor can be launched from and succeed. I take it that you approve of the setting?”

Messages In This Thread
RE: The best secret hideouts are really secret - by Oryn Vance - 10-20-2017, 08:28 AM