Marvel-Xmen comics-1

39 Posts
2 Threads
Job: Thief/Scout/Scoundrel
Ship Status: Single
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Nyte

All Accounts Posts: 755
It was a necessary thing. Remy chuckled, he’d been a thief before he’d been a LeBeau, but he didn’t admit to that very easily. It was nice to pretend he wasn’t some street rat that Jean-Luc had taken pity on and brought in off the street. “Mebbe one day, oui.” Her family had criminal elements within it. That was… Oddly reassuring? As long as that family didn’t either attempt to usurp Remy’s business or get involved with the darker, nastier side of criminal activities. “I ‘spose yo’ right.” He chose to believe that she didn’t think he’d steal from her, considering her familial business. It was nice to think she didn’t care that he was a thief, or or worry about him betraying her trust. Very nice.

Remy’s ideal domestic situation would be a wife who wasn’t afraid to eat good food, and perhaps enjoyed sharing time in the kitchen with him. Someone to chat with while he cooked, who would taste as they went and appreciate the end result. But Remy didn’t often spend time considering what he would want in that sort of relationship, because he honestly didn’t think it was meant for him. Exiles lived lonely lives, it was what it was. “If yo’ hungry now, we could eat. An’ den we could work our appetites back up again, non? Dancing tends t’do dat.”
Star Trek-AOS

208 Posts
8 Threads
Job:
Sexual Orientation: Heterosexual
Katie

All Accounts Posts: 437
"I'd like that." Jaya said, kissing him again "I'd like seeing all of the things you can do." blushing a little she added "Picking pockets, palming little objects, that is part of the training I got as a girl, but I wasn't as good at it as some of my sisters. I was better at other things." not knowing for certain why she was telling him this, but she got the idea that emphasizing their similar background was a way to get close to this male. And there were all sorts of advantages in doing so. She didn't have any desire to take over his family's business, but an alliance, well, that would be good for both of them. As for criminal activity, well, Jaya wasn't interested in doing more than she already was, she just wanted to do more of it. Possibly expanding into other universes, if the opportunity arose. "After all, it isn't like you scorn me because of my business." something that many, many Terran males did, even if they would pay good coin to couple with her.

For her part, Jaya just assumed that, when she (or her parents) found a good Orion man for her to marry that he'd be someone who knew how to cook and clean and look after the children. Not that she wanted someone who was only interested in domestic tasks, she wanted a man who'd be a partner in the business, and someone she could converse with. Jaya wasn't a good cook, so that she'd leave to her husband, but she was willing to do her share of the cleaning, and didn't believe that a mother's responsibility ended when the baby was weaned, she wasn't nearly as traditional as some Orion women. She hoped that her liberal attitude would help attract a good husband, living here, so far from the Orion Syndicate would be difficult. But all of those concerns were years off. Now, she was just going to enjoy what she could with the Terran in front of her. "Yes, that sounds like a good idea." Jaya said "Dancing does make me hungry." she laughed a little "So do other things, for that matter." without further ado, she took his hand and lead him through the door that went into the kitchen, then through the door that connected the kitchen to the family quarters.

That door opened into a large common room, which was split into a sitting area and a dining area, which held two tables made out of some reddish brown wood. There was a cart at one end of the table, which held a stack of bowls and spoons, and a large pot, which was being kept warm by some unseen means. Jaya lifted up the lid to the pot, which was full of chopped up greens, cooked with some sort of fatty meat, with a fair amount of cooking liquid keeping them moist "Oh!" Jaya exclaimed happily, dishing up a bowl, "Kaalth made treeth."
Marvel-Xmen comics-1

39 Posts
2 Threads
Nyte

Remy chuckled, pulling a card from his pocket with the practiced ease of a man who had done this small action thousands of times before, flipping it through his fingers before allowing it to disappear suddenly once it reached the edge of his hand and then showing her his empty hands with a flourish, “No’ jus’ small objects.” He winked, as though what he’d done were some tiny, useless little trick, though it took no small amount of dexterity to keep the card unbent through the trick, and palming it without being obvious while also hiding the card smoothly, not drawing attention to what he was actually doing was an accomplished task. It was his skill at these little things that had led him to become a master thief as young as he’d been. He was still young, and he’d been considered a master for years already. “O’ course I don’, chere. Anyone who does es jus’ small minded.”

While he would never toot his own horn about it, Remy was a very, very good cook. His home here in Hub sported a professional kitchen, with gleaming surfaces and only the best tools. It had taken him some time to find the perfect home for himself, but he’d found it, within his home borough, even, and that had taken some doing. But now… He loved it there. Loved to cook, even if only for himself, loved to sit out on his balcony and look out at the city that wasn’t quite New Orleans, being just different enough to remind him he wasn’t there, but not so different to make him feel homesick. Jaya might look at her future and see an Orion husband, and that was all well and good, but Remy? Remy didn’t see a wife, not for him. Not again. He’d tried for that once. It hadn’t worked out. He was mostly at peace with his life now, though. He was…not unhappy. Yes, he missed his Pere and Tante Matti. He missed Henri and Mercy, and he sometimes thought what his niece and nephew might be like now, but his life wasn’t a bad one. It could have been so, so much worse.

Laughing, he nodded, “Et does de same fo’ me.” Other things. Well, that was for later. When she took his hand, Remy followed her quite willingly, letting her guide him to wherever she was leading him. When they entered the common room, Remy glanced around, and then the aroma of the food hit him and he smiled. “Oh, dat… Dat smells very good.” He could smell the peppers. Remy liked a few bland foods, but usually he paired those (rice, potatoes, pasta) spicier ones (gumbo, jambalaya, stews).
Star Trek-AOS

208 Posts
8 Threads
Job:
Katie

Jaya watched carefully as Remy did his card trick, impressed by his skill. She'd been taught how to do similar things, so she was fairly certain she knew how he'd done it, which meant that she understood how much skill and hard work went into that simple trick. "Very impressive." she said, moving in for a kiss, and seeing if she could slide the card out of where he'd hidden it.

Like Remy, Jaya missed her family, but she had a good life here, and a home. Which was more or less the place she'd grown up in, because in her heart there was no place that could ever truly feel like home to her.

"I'll tell Kaalth you said so." Jaya said, dishing him up some of the food "Treeth is a little bit spicy, but I've been told its like greens and bacon, with a bit of red pepper for flavor." she'd been interested in the ways that Orion food was like that of some regions of Earth, noting that there seemed to be some overlap between those regions and places where the Terrans acted almost, well, normally.
Marvel-Xmen comics-1

39 Posts
2 Threads
Nyte

He was being just a little bit wasteful with the trick. But could he really be blamed? It wasn't as though he did this trick all that often, but Jaya seemed more observant, so she needed a more complex trick to figure out. Balancing the card was a trick in itself, moving it another, hiding it against his skin a fourth, and he held it there. Until he realized she was going to seek it out.

It was a very simple matter to leak just enough kinetic energy into the card to disintegrate it, leaving nothing behind for her to find.

A decade ago, home had had a specific place, people, a name and a feeling attached to it.. Now, home was the place where he lay his head each night. There was no special attachment to it, no person of his own that made him return; if need be, the thief could abandon it easily, mourning only the softness of the mattress and the beauty of the kitchen.

Home was Pere, it was Henri. Home was New Orleans and the Guild.

A little bit spicy, yes, good. "Et sounds, an' smells, bien. I look forward t’trying et. De foods o' my home are spicy a lot o' de time. One day, I shall bring a good, spicy gumbo fo' yo' an' your family t'try, oui?" He gave her the option to turn the offer down, not everyone might enjoy trying food from another culture, after all.
Star Trek-AOS

208 Posts
8 Threads
Job:
Katie

Jaya reached the spot where the card should have been, and felt only warm skin. She laughed joyously and said "You'll have to show me the trick again, so that I can search for the card properly." she was impressed by the skill of the trick, and also determined to work out how he'd done it. And would remove clothing, if needed, until she could find out.

"Good, I hope you like it." Jaya said, smiling as she st down the bowl. "You cook?" she asked, pleased, but also a little surprised. Cooking wasn't a common skill among the Terran males she'd encountered, or males in general, really. It was a common and attractive skill for Orion men, of course, but she'd been trying to get away from the idea that there were some Terran cultures that seemed to produce males who acted like normal men, at least part of the time. Remy though, well, he made it hard to keep that thought at the forefront of her mind. "Yes, if you would like to bring some, I'd like to try it, and I'm sure the others would as well. Kaalth likes trying out new recipes, I'm sure he'd like to speak to you about it."