Overwatch-Main Universe

4 Posts
2 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Moon

All Accounts Posts: 172
Sombra stood inside the portal to the hub, arms crossed and pensive. Sure- she hadn't been expecting fanfare- but unless time flowed differently here, she was pretty sure there was supposed to be a cute robot waiting for her. She tapped her foot impatiently before striding off to a more secluded area to send out a message. Sombra wasn't very fussed about having to stroll into Watchpoint Gibraltar to enter this weird place- and she was even less fussed about standing around, waiting in the open. At the very least she was going to go find an area with computer access.

Lightly dragging her hand along the wall beside her- to force the doors to close behind her- which they did as the purple light streamed across them. Having received the reports Gwin had sent through she was prepared for exiting the building and finding herself most of the way to her own home base- but it was still off putting to think of herself as next door to Overwatch. Sombra may like causing trouble but that seemed like a bit much.

Shaking off the feeling, she walked through the empty building towards her favourite room- built with holographic projectors on every wall- and with a damn good signal so she could find her friend and make it clear how she felt about not being met at the portal. Walking in, Sombra flopped into her chair, dropping the gear she had brought with her- trying to decide whether or not she was annoyed to find a similar bag sitting in the room (One that she kept in the real one.)

Tapping into the network she sent out a signal to Gwin that wasn't really words- just a pattern that vaguely translated into "Get your holographic or non-fluffy behind here." before turning to her things and sorting through for the sandwich that Widow had forced into her hands. (She had been certain it was poisoned- but none of her readings said that it was. Solely that it was delicious.)
Overwatch-Overwatch

15 Posts
3 Threads
Job: AI
Ship Status: No?
Sexual Orientation: Straight, if any
Nyte

All Accounts Posts: 845
So, the mission had been more or less straightforward. Go through the portal, scout around and gather information, see if he could find a couple of places to set up shop, see if the people were friendly or hostile, and did he mention scouting around and gathering information?

He’d done that. For the whole time he’d been in Hub, Gwin had moved around, tracking tech, tagging a few places that might be good to set up shop with Sombra, and meeting people.

Met a damn pretty AI lady that thus far hadn’t actively tried to force him off premises. Who maybe sort of didn’t mind his flirting. Whose code was absolutely elegant…

But Gwin was nothing if not loyal to his Amante, and so when the set day and time came, Gwin had been waiting at the portal, fuzzy little robot body watching for his mistress to come through so that he could take her to one of the several places he’d set aside for them.

And he had waited. And waited.

And waited.

After hours had passed with no word or sign from Sombra, Gwin had sighed and pulled a camera to set up to watch the portal. This was… Sadly, not entirely unexpected. Sombra wasn’t known to be punctual, and well… Usually Gwin was happy to wait for his wayward mistress, but here? Here he had found things that took up time and focus, and he wanted to get back to those things.

Thus 24 hours later found him scurrying through Stark Tower in the next borough, once again trying to make nice with Friday, when his camera pinged and he almost sighed, seeking out the source of the ping even as he continued to chat with the other AI. When he saw it was his Amante, though? Gwin had made apologies to Friday, explaining that his creator needed him, and she understood, didn’t she? Of course she did, because Friday was every bit as dutiful to her creator as Gwin was, and that he’d return when he could to continue their discussion, but he had to leave, and he had to leave now, sadly.

Even before he left, his holographic form came on-screen for Sombra, smiling brightly at his creator, “Amante! You have finally decided to grace us with your beauty, then? I was getting worried, you’re not usually so late!” There was no chiding in his tone, simply pleasure at seeing her, because while Gwin might not appreciate the tardiness, neither did he really mind it. Friday was like him, she understood having to go when your creator called, after all. No harm, no foul. “I am coming to you now. Not too far away, and I am currently uploading the information I have been able to collect on the city, which is known as Hub, to your device. I missed you, Sombra. What kept you? Was it Widowmaker?”
Overwatch-Main Universe

4 Posts
2 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Moon

Sombra was completely prepared for Gwin to arrive, and didn't startle like she had seen Reaper do at her friends appearance. She grinned at him before remarking back. "Aw Hermoso you flatter me- it's too bad your memory doesn't work so well as your eyes. I told you I would be coming here today and-" She paused for a second to flip through the data he had sent her before continuing once her assumption was confirmed. "You can't use time difference as an excuse since you yourself said the hub runs at the same time."

She flicked a map he had given her open, zooming in and out to find where they currently were. "I missed you too Gwin." Sombra added as a side thought- as though she hadn't been incredibly lonely since he had gone through the portal. She took a bite of her sandwich before flicking all the other data closed. "How about you tell me what you've been doing while I eat?" She suggested with a wink that implied she doubted that he had only been scouting.
Overwatch-Overwatch

15 Posts
3 Threads
Nyte

It would have been a surprise if his arrival were a surprise to Sombra. He had told her he was coming, after all, and she had made him, she knew how fast his physical avatar could move. He did tend to startle her compatriots, and honestly, he kind of liked having that ability. It was amusing, and more, it gave him an edge that allowed him to survive that much better, easier. Still, he actually bristled at the indication that he was wrong. “My memory is in perfect working order, thank you. But yours is only human, and you said you would be here yesterday. At which time I was here and waiting to see your lovely face.” To prove the point, he shunted his internal calendar to her screen to show her. He had stamped her instructions to it as she’d given them, and had followed them faithfully, of course. “There is no time difference. You simply showed up a day late, Amante.”

She had missed him. “Of course you did. You are sentimental; it is why I am as well.” But there was no small amount of satisfaction and warmth in his tone; he had meant it when he said he had missed her.

“Well I came through the portal and began scanning the area. I let my sensors filter in what they could before I began to move, and headed toward one of the more advanced places among the other sectors of the city. I found a tower that is filled with technology, good tech, Sombra, not the piecemeal sort, and investigated. The tower is inhabited, but I may be able to procure a meeting with the owner if you would like. The AI there was quite friendly.” And elegantly coded, and… And he needed to stay on track. “I have found other suitable places we can use if we are unable to come to an agreement there.”
Overwatch-Main Universe

4 Posts
2 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Moon

Sombra frowned slightly as she reviewed the calendar he had sent to the holo display, hacking back without thinking to the source of the date- and finding a recording of herself giving him that information. She wrinkled up her nose and gave a slightly playful smile to her friend. "Oops?" She laughed. "Sorry Cariño,I should know better than to doubt your memory." Sombra added with a dismissive wave of her hand as she removed the calendar from her screen. Her smile grew however when she added an addendum. "I did build it after all."

She took a brief moment to scoop his physical avatar into her arms for a quick hug before setting him on her shoulder to do as he would. It was hard to decided where to direct her attentions when Gwin was utilizing both forms, and as such she simply decided to focus on her food. "Please~ We both know I can't be blamed for your emotions anymore. You've built those up plenty on your own." Sombra said with a grin before biting into her sandwich and listening to Gwin's virtual guide of the interreality she had entered.

She hummed in response while he waited for a reply. Once she had cleared her mouth of food (Sombra may not care about class but so help her, speaking with your mouth full was a guaranteed way to gum up your electronics) she replied. "Well it can't be worse than sitting ten feet down from Overwatch- so please do set up a meeting. Before that- brief me on Overwatch's presence here- I need to know how many folk who are here already dislike me." She said with a smile.
Overwatch-Overwatch

15 Posts
3 Threads
Nyte

The physical avatar for Gwin, the tiny little robotic marten, sat down and let Sombra work. His digital avatar, was far less still and patient. He leaned against the digital ‘wall’ and drummed his fingers, foot tapping as she went about trying to prove him wrong. And when she found the video, which he could have offered her, not that he cared if she hacked her way through his code, he laughed as she admitted that he had been correct. “My memory is the very best, Amante, you should not doubt. But it isn’t like I minded the extra day.” He wouldn’t change anything about his creator, he adored her exactly as she was.

Being hugged didn’t give the AI all that much sensation, but he appreciated the gesture for what it was, his little paws spreading as much as they could to give her the closest facsimile to a hug as he was able to, tiny claws flexing against the cloth of her shirt like fingers might do, his head a weight against the slope of her neck to her shoulder. Then he settled onto her shoulder almost daintily. “I learned them from the best, though, you must admit. Sentiment is best learned from your parents, and you are the closest thing I have to it. I have no complaints to offer in my growth, Amante. I am happy.” He gave her the rundown as efficiently as possible. He explained what he had learned about how the city, its boroughs, and the people worked. How to navigate, about the series of shops in the middle and the outer areas, each a slice of reality from somewhere different.

And then he explained the tower he had come across and it’s AI that had offered a possible refuge. If Sombra and Friday’s creator could come to an agreement, at least. Which he found himself hoping for, because it would be nice to live in proximity to Friday. Very nice.

As for Overwatch’s presence… “Overwatch has a minimal presence that I have been able to see. The grape ape is here, I have seen him leaping about, and the omnic Zenyatta is one I have spotted here more than once. I am reasonably certain that neither of them have bothered to notice or place me as of yet. I have done nothing to draw attention to myself.” Because the last thing he wanted or needed was the big ape to decide he needed to be smashed. “I believe we are fairly safe for the time being, Sombra. What an unusual change from the norm, wouldn’t you say?”