• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
After After Hours
August 8th, tag Safi
Marvel-616

157 Posts
4 Threads
Job: Director of SHIELD
Ship Status: Open to shipping
Sexual Orientation: Sure, with just about anyone (but I don't want to write it explicitly)
Jasmine (starkly-tony)

All Accounts Posts: 213
Tony hesitated outside Safi's door, feeling an odd, hollow feeling in his gut that he recognized was nerves. Utterly ridiculous, of course. He'd visited Safi's quarters dozens of times over the past several weeks, what he was thinking of doing today was hardly that different from what they'd done any other time.

Safi let him in and, as usual, the sex was fantastic. It had never been anything but, and Tony lost himself in the pleasure of it. As usual.

As they lay back spent and satisfied, however, the jitters returned. The thing was, he liked Safi. Had found in him a rare person he felt comfortable with, could let his guard down with. And who was not only a genuinely good man (whatever that really meant), but intelligent, loyal, and not without a sense of humor. Sure, he looked like Steve. That fact had yet to be lost on Tony, the beard and the accent and the scars aside. And it still hurt if he glanced too quickly at him and forgot for a moment where he was. But Wanda's point had been a good one. Acknowledging that he felt...something...for Cap's doppelgänger could be a good thing. A way of moving on, if perhaps an unorthodox one.

Of course, he knew the chances were good that Safi would have no interest whatsoever in deepening their relationship--and there was deja vu all over again. But it was hard to see the harm in suggesting that they spend some time together outside of the bedroom.

He cleared his throat, still feeling absurdly nervous, and said, "How long are you planning to stay in the Hub this time around?"
DC-TV-1

245 Posts
4 Threads
Job: Bodygaurd
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

All Accounts Posts: 904
It had been a week since the green whore had forced him to acknowledge the crush Chris was harboring for him. Luckily the younger man and he seemed to have worked out an unspoken agreement to have nothing different.

What it meant though for him and Tony was that he'd waited till Chris had gone back through the portal to Hub before resuming his own visits.

It had seemed….respectful.

Not that it had been much different of. A delay than the normal work week…

Safi stoked his hand down Tony’s side, caressing him as they both relaxed, Safi really did enjoy caring for others, it was in his nature to be gentle, protective. And with Tony that seemed to be the best way to do that was to make sure he felt...well cared for, paid attention to, listened to, held when they did sleep together and the night mares came, arms in the dark with out judgement.

“Two days.” He responded kissing the other man's temple. “Work doesn’t like paying when I don't show up.” He quipped.
Marvel-616

157 Posts
4 Threads
Sexual Orientation: Sure, with just about anyone (but I don't want to write it explicitly)
Jasmine (starkly-tony)

Tony smiled slightly as he relaxed into Safi's touch, and after a few moments tangled Safi's fingers in his own. They were warm and strong and for a moment he thought of Steve--those same fingers gripping his shoulder while Steve called him Shellhead--but he doggedly pushed the thought away. Thinking about Steve was like thinking about drinking. Always in the back of his mind threatening to come forward, always this close to tearing down what he'd managed to rebuild. But he couldn't let his feelings for a dead man overtake his life anymore than he could let his desire for a fine scotch do the same thing. Steve would always be there, out of reach, just like that scotch would. He had to move on.

The light kiss on his temple brought him back to the present. He tilted his chin up and returned it with a kiss to Safi's lips.

"Forget about work. I'll hire you," he joked, grinning so that Safi would know he wasn't serious. Not that SE couldn't use someone of Safi's talents, of course, but there was such a thing as moving too fast. Then he took a breath and finally said what had been the source of his nerves since he'd arrived, like he was some kind of teenager. "Actually, I was thinking of grabbing lunch in a new corner of the Hub tomorrow--I like to explore, you know, see what other universes have to offer. Care to join? If you're not busy, of course."
DC-TV-1

245 Posts
4 Threads
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

What was it with the men in his life breaking the unspoken agreements they had so successfully so far existed under?

On the surface it was simple request, and one he'd normally easily agree too.

..if Tony had asked while they were clothed and he wasn't very subtly sweating. Safi was trained to read body language and there was little that could be hidden when you where this literally close to the other person.

“As tempting as finally living the dream of being a kept man-” his mouth quirked up humor brightening his gaze. “Sadly I need the resume builder in my universe.” He smoothed any sting with a quick brush of his lips over the bridge of Tony's nose.

“Oh? What is it?” One eye watched Tony with apparent laziness, nuzzling down the other man's chest absently.
Marvel-616

157 Posts
4 Threads
Jasmine (starkly-tony)

Well, he hadn't said no to lunch. Exactly. That was promising.

Tony smiled as Safi's lips brushed his nose, and complained, "The good ones are always employed. That's fine, though, it's not like I need a bodyguard these days." He'd meant it as a reference to the days when he'd posed as his own bodyguard, but he couldn't help but think of Happy a moment later (because he really did have an opening, didn't he), and it was like a punch to the gut.

It brought with it a flash of clarity-- that what he was trying to do here was absurd, and stupid, and self-destructive as drinking had ever been. Losing Happy had nearly sent him over the edge, but that pain had paled in comparison to the pain of losing Steve. And here he was, barely three months later, lying naked with a man who looked exactly like Steve and trying to ask him out on a date.

But it was just a flash, gone as quickly as it had come, subsumed by the much more immediate, and pleasant, reality of Safi nuzzling his way down Tony's chest. Wanda had thought this could be healing, and so far, he had no reason to believe she'd been wrong.

"What's what?" Tony said. "The lunch place? Well, there are a couple of options, but I was thinking maybe something in space. Or from space. Always wanted to go, you know. So what do you think?"
DC-TV-1

245 Posts
4 Threads
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

Resting his chin on Tony’s stomach Safi paused to look up at him curiously, “Space?” He blinked, sure there were ‘aliens’ in Hub. Fucking Jaya claimed to be one even. But the idea of actually easily going extra atmospheric...he had to admit it tickled his daredevil heart.

“I have always wanted to do a LEO jump.” He admitted rubbing his beard on Tony to see if he was ticklish. “Have you been to space?” He wondered curiously. Sure he was suppose to have a comic book but...that didn't mean he really had more exciting adventures than their local ‘heroes’.
Marvel-616

157 Posts
4 Threads
Jasmine (starkly-tony)

"Why not?" Tony grinned. "Multiversal Hub, it would be a waste not to take advantage." Truth be told, he'd been dreaming about heading off the planet--REALLY getting away from it all--even before he'd stumbled into the Hub. He'd even started fitting the armor for space travel. But this was a lot easier, and the possibilities were essentially limitless. "Interstellar trip doubles as a chance to check out tech from other worlds, which is good for Iron Man and SE. Plus, it's just cool. Ive technically been out of Earth's atmosphere before, but never to...space space. Not yet, anyway."

"LEO jump, huh?" He added. "You should do it."
DC-TV-1

245 Posts
4 Threads
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

Since he wasn't getting a reaction, Safi paused his efforts to tease; “Do you mean space here or in another universe? Because from what I got from others was that this...is more cake like than world like?” humm did that translate right? He thought the gist at least came across.

Chuckling mentally at himself, well he supposed that was a gentle rebuff of dual LEO jumps, ah well so much for a thrilling jump back onto the world.

“I maybe will.”
Marvel-616

157 Posts
4 Threads
Jasmine (starkly-tony)

Tony only fully noticed Safi's nuzzling when he stopped. He looked down at him, what was probably an absurdly puzzled expression on his face. Getting off the planet was one of the few things he still felt genuine excitement about these days, and he realized he'd been lost enough in his own plans to have completely missed what Safi was doing. Which was, quite frankly, ridiculous, considering that Safi had been the only thing on his mind for a while now.

"Uh...cake like?" Tony repeated, cupping Safi's jaw and running his fingers along it to soften the doubt in his tone.

He also frowned at Safi's apparent (slight) disappointment about the LEO jump. He'd been so focused on asking Safi to spend some time with him outside of the bedroom, and was very aware that Safi had yet to say yes, that it hadn't occurred to him that Safi was suggesting anything of the sort. He supposed that maybe Safi didn't have the means. "I could arrange it, you know. Perks of being a multi-billionaire."