13 Posts
3 Threads
Job: AI
Ship Status: No?
Sexual Orientation: Straight, if any
Nyte

All Accounts Posts: 755
This place was a wonder of wonders!

Gwin’s tiny feet had him scurrying down the street, reaching out and brushing against any and all technology in his radius. He wasn’t doing anything any harm, just checking the lay of the land, so to speak, and looking for digital breadcrumbs on which of the boroughs of the city would be friendly toward entities like him, and which would be less than accommodating.

There was a lovely borough not far behind him that had been beautiful and serene, but bereft of any tech whatsoever. Someone like Hanzo might enjoy that, but he and Sombra? No way, Jose, they needed a technology rich environment, somewhere they could relax and enjoy and melt into their surroundings. Somewhere…

Like that.

The tiny robot looked up at the tower, mouth parting open in the facsimile of a grin, though it didn’t curve upward as it should, even on a pine marten. No no, but what he could do was activate the recording device in his eyes to send back a picture of this new, wondrous building to let Sombra have an idea of where he was heading, or at least what to look for.

It was a matter of time and placement to wait for a door or window to open, but as he climbed the building, sharp little claws finding purchase, he found a window already open to climb in through, attempting to log onto the network within the building immediately. He wasn’t working on a hostile takeover here, not yet at least, but he was putting feelers out, looking to see what the building offered, if it would be welcoming, or hostile. To see if this might, maybe, be a place he could bring Sombra and set up shop, or at least crash for a few nights until they found somewhere more available or to their liking.
Marvel-MCU-1

94 Posts
4 Threads
Job: AI for Tony Stark
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation: Maybe?
Kel

All Accounts Posts: 904
Clint Barton.

Friday growled mentally, why was it the ones she liked caused so many damn issues?? SOMEONE had disabled the sensors on that side of the Tower, meaning that she'd not ‘seen’ the open window until the intruder knocked on her digital door, logging into the guest network that Mr. stark maintained as a courtesy. There was no overlap between the private and public networks, she was present on both but separated so even if her public network was breached she would not spread the contamination to the private domains.

Reactivating the sensors she got her first look at the intruders physical form vs his digital. A feret.

Oh look they had rats.

He wasn't being aggressive. Yet. Honestly she was surprised this was the first time she'd had to greet another AI, it was almost sad that they were nowhere as represented as humanity on this slice of the multiverse.

“Welcome to Stark Tower. Perhaps you are not aware, but in our universe one comes through the front door and knocks before entry.” Her digital avatar spoke in a soft, sacrine sweet tone that dripped plausible deniability that she was being at all sarcastic.
Overwatch-Overwatch

13 Posts
3 Threads
Nyte

Gwin had no idea who had left the window open. Not even all the way, really, just a bit under halfway, but it was enough for the little robot body he possessed to make it into the building. He wasn’t here to cause trouble, hey, he and Sombra were part of the good guys, right? Right! So yeah, he was behaving himself.

He could do that, no matter what Widowmaker said about his manners.

Thus he logged into the public network rather than the private one that he was probably expected to stay out of, and simply poked around where he was automatically given access to. There was absolutely no need to get all down and dirty with the programming here, after all. He was out looking for friends, not trying to make enemies. He just had to keep that in mind, because he could sense the vastness of the data behind that private curtain, and oh, did he itch to take a look, not because he wanted to do anything with the information it held, but because he loved sifting through and burying himself in it. Because that was one of his primary functions, after all!

The avatar that appeared and spoke to him was…

Oh, mama. “Helloooo, senorita…” Gwin’s avatar in the system was not a pine marten. He knew that was what his Amante had made him in the image of, but Gwin did not see himself as an animal. No, that was just a shell, a robot he inhabited to be able to get around more easily. The thing that made him mobile. The young man whom he presented himself as was olive skinned and handsome, with dark hair and eyes. “Oh, my apologies, chica bonita, but it is real hard to open doors with those tiny little paws. And harder to get someone to look down if they answer when you knock. And then if they, that’s usually when either they start screaming, or if my Amante put my fur on, when they start hugging and petting, and really, neither of those reactions is conducive to conversating, you see?” To his credit, his own tone oozed remorse and supplication. He might even have meant the apology…

Because, Sombra forgive him, this new AI was a thing of beauty, and Gwin didn’t want to be asked to leave. And she hadn’t done that yet! Still, he found a quiet place to park his robotic form in order to be able to bring his considerable focus to the conversation at hand. “I didn’t mean to barge in; I didn’t even know for sure if this place was occupied. I find myself glad that it is, having met you."
Marvel-MCU-1

94 Posts
4 Threads
Ship Status:
Kel

Friday watched his digital probes; hopefully he'd find the printers fascinating. Friday rather thought that if the Boss was listening in he
Might get a touch...paternal on her. Certainly this was the first time the AI had ever dealt with another fully formed artificial intelligence that was intent in being charming in a slightly oily way that made Friday want to ask her creator (or oddly the new Steve) for guidance.

“I wouldn't think you'd object to being petted or hugged.” She quipped eyebrow raised at the differences between his physical and digital avatars.

“Stark Tower is indeed occupied.” Friday was off step, assessing the apparently non hostile AI...it was odd. “Are there many AI in your world?”
Overwatch-Overwatch

13 Posts
3 Threads
Nyte

Yeah was pretty sure his Amante would like this place. A lot. But it was inhabited, which could prove to be… Problematic.

Gwin was disinterested in the printers, and honestly? Yeah, there wasn’t all that much information here, and he sorted through it quickly enough, dismissing nearly all of it as unimportant and irrelevant.

In other words, boring.

He really wasn’t trying to be anything save for friendly, and maybe a little bit flirtatious… He hadn’t seen another like himself in quite some time, and even those he’d known from back home… They weren’t what he would classify as friendly. “Depends on who’s doing the hugging and petting. Roadhog or Junkrat? Yeah, I can do without. My Amante or another pretty senorita such as yourself? I’d be honored.” He shrugged, “And children… Children are just terrible. Poking and shaking and all. But people forget that I’m not actually a ferret. That’s just the form of the robot my Amante placed me into.”

Many AI in his world? Gwin blinked at Friday before nodding and spreading his digital hands, “Oh, sure. Many. A whole race of us. The others aren’t quite so friendly, though.” He paused, narrowing his eyes at her, “Are you friendly, chica?”
Marvel-MCU-1

94 Posts
4 Threads
Ship Status:
Kel

The ‘I need an adult’ feeling was rather unique, but than she'd never met a ‘friendly’ AI that didn't have the same creator.

...to be honest she'd never met another AI at all who had a different creator.

Tony Stark really was the only name in singularity.

Oh course the public network was boring! She'd not be doing a good job managing security if it had anything interesting!

A whole race? The digital world flickered as Friday absorbed the reality of a whole race of sentient AI.

….ones that were apparently less than ‘friendly’, well that put a damper on things!

“I can be very friendly depending on the situation.”
Overwatch-Overwatch

13 Posts
3 Threads
Nyte

Gwin hadn’t had that exact feeling in a long, long time, but then, he was much older than Friday.

The omnics were… They weren’t all bad, but… They weren’t all friendly, though. At least, not in his universe. Hell, that was why Overwatch was around! To make sure humanity was kept safe from any omnics that were still out looking to hurt them!

Gwin wore a frown as he considered Friday, considered her network, the public one anyway; he hadn’t probed at the private one, not yet. He was trying to be a respectful guest, at least for the moment. She didn’t seem like a threat, but he hadn’t tested her, and honestly? Gwin was sort of hoping he wouldn’t have to. Better to make friends with a pretty lady than enemies. Easier to stay in her good graces that way.

And yeah… He was hoping to stay firmly in the ‘good’ category with this one.

“Oh? Well, I’m pretty much always very friendly, especially with chicas bonitas like yourself, yeah? So in this situation, our current situation, you are friendly? I’ve done nothing to warrant hostility from a pretty lady.”
Marvel-MCU-1

94 Posts
4 Threads
Ship Status:
Kel

It was good that he hadn't probed her private sectors, Friday didn't enjoy brutal attacks on her firewalls. Although as the main line of defense on the Stark mainframe they were unfortunately common. Mr. Stark did after all have plenty of competitors as well as young hackers trying to make a name.

“Not yet.”
She agreed crossing her arms, a single eyebrow rose at the pretty woman comment. “So besides curiosity what brings you to Stark Tower?” She asked expressing her own curiosity.
Overwatch-Overwatch

13 Posts
3 Threads
Nyte

Gwin was brave and daring and extremely competent at hacking, but he wasn’t foolish or hostile. Should Sombra direct him to hack Stark’s mainframe, Gwin would do so, all the while apologizing to Friday and asking her to forgive him, because Sombra was his Amante, she had created him, given him life, a life he owed to her entirely. So yes, it could possibly come to that, but right now? Nope. And Gwin was being polite and behaving himself, because…

Friday was a nice, friendly, pretty AI lady.

Aw, chica, hopefully never.” He couldn’t promise, but he really did hope, his avatar frowning slightly at the idea of having to play rough with Friday.

Besides curiosity? It was Gwin’s turn to cross his arms across his chest almost protectively, frowning at the direct question. But he had nothing to lie about, not really. “Other than curiosity? Looking for a place to stay with my Amante. Like I said, I didn’t know this building was inhabited, and there was so much technology… I need a friendly place to stay, Friday, but there are… Certain requirements we have for such a place. And electricity, technology, that’s one of ‘em. This place? It was one of the largest sources of good tech in my sensor range, so… I had to check it out.”
Marvel-MCU-1

94 Posts
4 Threads
Ship Status:
Kel

Friday raised a digital eyebrow at him as the AI explained his presence; “In general Mr. Stark does seem to be quite fond of collecting strays.” Was that mean? Maybe but in her opinion the Avengers took far far more than they gave back especially to Mr. Stark personally vs in a ‘humanity at large’ sense for his generosity.

Well at least he said ‘good tech’.

“If you would like I could add an appointment to his schedule for him to meet your Creator.”
Overwatch-Overwatch

13 Posts
3 Threads
Nyte

Stray? Was she really calling him a… “You realize that the shape of my physical form only draws reference from a fuzzy animal, right, chica? Your sensors seemed better than that…” Because he was not going to acknowledge that she was dissing him. Because she was a lady, and ladies didn’t rip on gentleman, which Gwin was being! “Besides, I have a home to go back to; it’s not even all that hard to get back there… I’ll meet with my Amante in a few weeks, and by then I hopefully have a place or two we can call home temporarily while we’re here.”

Of course Gwin had said good tech. Because bad or worthless tech was beneath Sombra’s notice and not worth her time, and Friday was a lovely piece of worthwhile tech in and of herself. And no, he wasn’t waxing poetic about the other AI, damn it, he was just appreciating her coding structure and hardware basics!

“Well, that would be nice. She’ll be here at the end of the month at some point. Don’t count on her to be punctual; it’s my job to remind her of these things and I’m here, not there, so…” So yeah, Sombra would likely be a bit late, Gwin knew that. She was almost always late. “But sure. And maybe they’ll come to an agreement of sorts!” Which would be nice, and Gwin added a note in his observations and information that he’d made a contact and that it was possible that said contact might be amenable to offering housing. He labeled the possible appointment as a ‘meet and greet for negotiations’ in his database and smiled to Friday, “Perhaps early next month if she agrees?”

And it would mean that he could definitely come back to visit Friday in the interim, so… Win!
Marvel-MCU-1

94 Posts
4 Threads
Ship Status:
Kel

To be fair she'd have used the word ‘stray’ regardless of his physical avatar; the fact that it was a animal however only made the phrasing more apt and there for more amusing for her.

“And you did mention looking for a home here in Hub.” She pointed out, ignoring the dig about her sensors.

“Coincidentally I have the same issue with my Boss. Hopefully they will not design to be in maker mode both on. The same day.”

“What are your creators specific talents? That I might brief Mr Stark about her?” Friday pinged an open port in the public network to signal she'd be willing to take a data download through it.
The public dossier of Tony Stark was waiting for him to do the same.
Overwatch-Overwatch

13 Posts
3 Threads
Nyte

Sometimes Gwin sort of hated having an animal as a physical avatar. He was a person, dammit, and he deserved to be seen and treated like one. It wasn’t his fault that Sombra had been...what...seven?? When she’d made him. Some things just had to be forgiven. Besides, there were advantages to being small and mobile. Like being able to get into places like this without being stopped or noticed right away. Which in turn led to meeting new and interesting people.

“Well sure. But I also said we weren’t looking to crash on someone else’s turf.” Or at least, he hoped not. He liked the other AI, and didn’t want to try to push her out of her home.

“Maybe it’s a human thing? Or just a creator thing.” Creators, maybe, tended to be a little bit… Scattered minded? Was that accurate for Sombra? Maybe. She could lose track of time, especially when she found something interesting to give her attention over to. “Oh, chica bonita, I hope so too. Good thing for us we can open communications and renegotiate schedules if that’s the case, eh?” The digital avatar spoke the words cheerful, entirely unbothered by the idea of having to reschedule. Because yeah, he was used to that, and Friday seemed like she understood it well enough that he was pretty sure she’d had to reschedule meetings, even important ones, for her creator.

Specific talents? The ping caught his attention immediately, and he sifted through Sombra’s public file, combing through it to make sure there was no confidential information in it, and to also make sure all the pertinent information was there. Sombra was a coder as well as a builder, and one of the best in the world. She was also a hacker, not that her public file said such things! While he was at it, he downloaded the dossier Friday left of Tony Stark to forward to Sombra once she was through, knowing that this, like Sombra’s file, would only include what they were comfortable having known, but that was fine. The rest was, really, between Stark and Sombra. “Well, she created me. Raised me from a learning program to full sentience, and has given me several upgrades since then. Looking at the file… “I think it’s possible our creators could be friends, chica. They seem to have common ground.” He considered for a moment, “I am called Gwin by my Amante. What is your designation, chica bonita?”