Marvel-MCU-1

93 Posts
6 Threads
Job: Rogue Avenger
Ship Status: Committed Relationship
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual
Nyte

All Accounts Posts: 1,336
People can move. Yes, yes they can. His mind drifted to the blue stone embedded in the innermost part of his quiver. Clint didn’t leave the tower without it, he refused to be caught with his pants down, refused to be sent away from Hub without a guaranteed way back, and the stone… That was one hell of a guarantee. Fucking portal arrows.

They were cooler than boomerang arrows.

“Sure. I mean, it’s a city; there’s gotta be the...normal? People. Otherwise it doesn’t work. A city full of just soldiers or warriors isn’t going to survive for all that long. You need smiths to make weapons, engineers to make machines, ferriers to look after and shoe the horses, right? So those innkeepers and bartenders, they serve a purpose. I wouldn’t want to live in a city without a watering hole, you know?” Clint gave a shrug, “But yeah, I see where you’re heading. I’ve met up with a whole lot of Avengers since I’ve arrived, and that’s something right there. People like me, people like you.” He nodded, considering what Virgil was saying. Yeah, heroes… They tended to be drawn to places that needed them. It was why he and Phil wanted to travel to the other universes and see what they could do to help out there.

Clint wasn’t immune to the draw of new and exciting places and people and things, and he didn’t try to ignore the pull to go and have adventures, either. There was a reason he was still with SHIELD after how many years, after all.

Those were some big ass dogs. “Hey, hey now. Don’t be knocking the bite a horse has. Those fuckers hurt when they want to.” He’d grown up in a circus. Circuses had horses. Horses that sometimes didn’t like it when kids got underfoot, and that sometimes nipped to put said kids in their places. Still, the idea of a dog big enough to ride on chasing its tail when someone was on its back? Clint broke into laughter, shaking his head, “Oh man, that’s a sight I’d pay to see!” He grinned, “One of these days you’ll have to point me in the direction of the portal to that amazing world…” Oh yeah, Clint had every intention of sticking around for a bit. At least until Phil decided it was time to go back home and face the music. Which couldn't happen until Tony got around to making a portal machine to get them back anyway...
Westworld/The Dark Tower-Westworld-1

111 Posts
7 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Mike

All Accounts Posts: 790
The man appeared to get the point, and that was the important thing. His folk were still sticking to their own kind, but they hadn’t been there too long, when you got down to it. When things started getting messy, he’d probably be able to count on them pulling their weight. No one could resist the pull of Ka in the end.

“Problem is, they don’t want to very often,” Virgil chuckled. “These dogs, it was hard to get them to stop. Sight to see, I tell you. If I ever have to go back there, I’ll look you up. Never know where the road’s going to lead next... Don’t know if I’d call that world amazing, though. I think you need to think about just how much nuclear fallout a world would need to make dogs grow that big.” Checking his guns, Virgil walked back over to where his horse was waiting. “Speaking of, I think I ought to be getting back to the road. Things to see, things to watch… the road’s long and the day’s short. I don’t think this is the last we’ll be seeing of each other, though, sai.” He tipped his hat as he climbed back up onto the horse. “Good shooting, though. Think I’ll be back here again when the trail passes by again.”
Marvel-MCU-1

93 Posts
6 Threads
Job: Rogue Avenger
Ship Status: Committed Relationship
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual
Nyte

All Accounts Posts: 1,336
Yeah, Clint was pretty sure he got the point. It took all kinds. Sure, most of the Avengers had sort of stuck together, but they were beginning to venture out. One of the Steves had gone off on some quest or another, another of the Steve and ‘his’ Tony were dealing with some guys from another universe, and he and Phil were actively looking for universes where they could be of help to the people there. Clint thought they were doing okay, but sure, they could definitely be doing more.

Clint laughed, “Depends on the horse, but yeah, they tend to be more calm.” Big, biting riding dogs. It sounded like pure fantasy, but yeah, he believed it in this place. He and Phil were talking about going out and looking to see if they could find a dragon, so really, how out there were giant dalmations? Virgil’s words earned a face from Clint as he did exactly what Virgil was suggesting, “Hey, for all I knew they were just naturally that big. But… Yeah, that sounds a little less than amazing then. The people are okay?”

Virgil returned to his horse and Clint moved to walk with the old cowboy, nodding as the man spoke. “I hope not. You ever want to have a nice shoot, or just to chat with someone who’ll love to listen to your stories, look me up. I’m out here most days, just practicing. Unless I’m off having an adventure of my own.” He reached to give the horse a gentle pat on the neck, murmuring to the animal the way someone who had worked with horses, or animals of any kind, might. It had been a long time, but not so long he’d forgotten how to be with an animal. “I look forward to seeing you again, Virgil. Look after yourself, and this place we have here, and I’ll do the same.”