Lots-Canon version

17 Posts
3 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Katie

All Accounts Posts: 432
Skinner hadn't been in the Hub for awhile, which meant that the geography had shifted a bit since he'd been in town last. That was the one constant about the Hub, it was never stable. Sections of the city appeared, and in some cases vanished, and life just adjusted around it.

Like this place, for example. It was new, and had caught his interest, wondering where it was from. Someplace he'd never been, although there was something about the retro-futuristic style of the place that was maddeningly familiar.

Right now, though, his focus was on the drink in front of him. It felt good to just be able to sit and drink and not worry about anything for awhile.
DC-DCTVU-1

269 Posts
14 Threads
Job: PA/Magician
Ship Status: Single with Complications
Sexual Orientation: Pan-Romantic
Nyte

All Accounts Posts: 754
Christian really did like the Green Goddess. Oh, he knew that Belle didn’t really approve, and he knew that she wouldn’t like knowing how much time he’d started spending here, but it was comforting; there was an atmosphere to this place that made him feel less anxious and worried and more… Relaxed. He didn’t even plan on actually drinking today, even.

In fact, he had brought in an iced tea (not sweet tea, but regular iced tea) recipe for Ruvet last week and he fully intended to see if the Orion man had been able to translate it and make it work. Because that would be amazing, and great, because Chris could really go for a nice tall glass of ice cold iced tea.

So he walked in, smiling at the staff members he knew, waving to a couple of them almost shyly, and then sliding onto one of the stools at the bar next to the guy already sitting with a drink, grinning to Ruvet, “Do you have any iced tea, please, Ruvet?” The Orion chuckled and nodded kindly before heading to pour a glass of the tea for Christian. He looked to the other patron and smiled amicably, “Hello, Ruvet is amazing. I’m pretty sure if you like iced tea it’ll be great. He can make anything, and those replicators really can work wonders.”
Lots-Canon version

17 Posts
3 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Katie

Skinner looked over at the guy who'd just walked in, trying to remember if he was someone that he'd worked with before, or had met in some previous life, or if he was just someone who looked like someone the fussy little man had known.

Or maybe the man was just friendly, which seemed likely, given the way he'd come bouncing in, and gotten a smile from the friendly, but not overly so, bartender who'd served Skinner his beer. "Thanks, I'm good." Skinner replied, indicating the beer "So, what is this place?" he asked "Its new, since the last time I was here in the Hub."
DC-DCTVU-1

269 Posts
14 Threads
Nyte

Christian couldn’t say that Skinner looked like anyone he had ever known, from home or from Hub. Which was actually sort of a relief, because there were enough people who were ‘him’ or who looked like Safi to fill a boat or have a party. And he had been meeting people who thought they knew him, or that he should recognize them, or…

It was really sort of exhausting. Plus Chris had to go home and work full shifts at Lexcorp every weekday, on top of his already busy now-dual-life. So yes, lots of work.

But Skinner had seemed like the type to be pleasant, and Chris was in a good mood today, and even though he had no intention of drinking, he had thought that maybe he could drop a small thing he’d made for Jaya off to her today. So he had thought to sit down next to the fellow and be friendly. Because who knew? Maybe the man needed that today, you could never know. At first, when the man said he was good, Chris thought that that would be all there was, and that was fine, because he could just drink his tea and see about finding Jaya, but then the man asked what the place was, and Chris gave a small shrug, “It’s an Orion bar of sorts.” And that might be a tiny bit misleading, couldn’t it though? So he motioned toward the stage, “The girls go on stage and dance, and then if you like them, you can go,” he motioned toward the private rooms, “and be with them. If they agree.” And look at him, he was only blushing just a little bit!

Of course, there was more to it than that, but Christian was nothing if not on the polite side. “Jaya opened it when she got here, I think. But I’m not sure how long she’s been here in Hub. She was already here when I found this place.”
Lots-Canon version

17 Posts
3 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Katie

"Orion?" Skinner asked, raising an eyebrow "You mean like in Star Trek." he took a thoughtful pull on his beer. "Huh, I thought I'd run out of ways for this place to surprise me. he listened to the man give his delicate, and somewhat embarrassed explanation of how a brothel worked. "I'll skip the girls" he hadn't been with a woman since his wife had been killed, except for a couple of fleeting attempts that had shown him it was a bad idea. Which was a fact that 19 year old him would probably find profoundly disappointing, but that kid was long gone. The man who'd taken his place was truly, profoundly too old for a lot of shit that he'd done in the past.
Of course as soon as he'd said that, he realized that there was something about the atmosphere in his place that was making him think that it might be worth trying again, but that was another thought for another time.

"It seems like a nice place to sit and have a beer." Skinner remarked. "I don't think I introduced myself, I'm Skinner." returning to the topic at hand he said "I haven't been here in a couple of years, except for just passing through from one world to another, so yeah." musingly he added "Star Trek. Huh."
DC-DCTVU-1

269 Posts
14 Threads
Nyte

“Exactly like in Star Trek.” Christian agreed easily, “With a few things they got wrong, but… Yeah. They’re good people here.” Which was absolutely the truth; Christian liked the Orions, they were nice.

The man was going to ‘skip the girls’ and that… Was weird. Okay, that was really pretty weird in this place. Not that Christian had gone crazy upon stepping into this place, (he hadn’t), but it wasn’t common that someone just casually said they weren’t going to go looking after the girls, either. But hey, good for this guy, for having self control and whatever belief system that kept him celibate. The man seemed alright, at least on the surface, and no one was going to look at him funny if he just sat at the bar and drank. “They serve Romulan ale here. It’s crazy strong, but it tastes good, and if you’re looking to get drunk, or just that fuzzy feeling that’s pretty nice, it’s good for it.” Chris wasn’t drinking alcohol today, but that was more incidental than by any design.

“It is. It’s a great place for that, really. Or to come and have a nice lunch, too. The food here is delicious.” He smiled to the man as he introduced himself. Skinner. Why was that familiar? Chris considered, then shrugged it off before offering his hand, “Christian. Chris. I’m still a little new, been coming and going for a month now. I like this city, it’s… Quiet.” Which it was. “Star Trek. Yeah. It’s pretty incredible, isn’t it?” He grinned, “And this place? The Goddess? It’s safe here.” The way he said it was as though with a profound belief that really, it was truly safe, as felt by someone who rarely felt that way.
Lots-Canon version

17 Posts
3 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Katie

"Good to know." Skinner replied "Aliens aren't always like that. Of course, humans aren't either, so I can't really cast stones there." he considered the suggestion for a moment, and then said "Thanks for the tip. I'll try it out, once I finish my beer." realizing how his statement might have sounded, especially since the shorter man was a bit flamboyant, he said "I like women, but its been awhile, and I'm pretty sure I don't want to start with women I have to pay to put up with my crusty ass." No need to mention that he was a widower. That wasn't something he wanted to talk about with a stranger.

"Where are you from that this place seems quiet." Skinner asked curiously. He'd been a few places like that, and this little guy must be tougher than he looked if he came from one of them. "Star Trek isn't something I expected, especially an obscure part like Orions. But I guess the Enterprise wouldn't fit through most portals."
DC-DCTVU-1

269 Posts
14 Threads
Nyte

Sure, Chris could be flamboyant, but that didn't cover the fact that he definitely watched the girls dance with a hint of interest, or that none of the male employees actually flirted with him. He slept with Jaya (fairly often) but Chris knew that when it came down to it, he was only interested in one man at the moment, and though that man was unavailable, that didn't change how Chris felt.

He knew he was odd.

Where was he…. “Well, I live in Central City, but I spend my weekends in Gotham, or I did, and that place is…. Well, Hub is nicer.” Gotham was loud, and it was violent. And crowded. And.. yeah…. Hub was just nicer in a lot of ways. He liked Central, but Belle was here, and Safi came here, and Jaya was here, so of course Chris liked it here.

Chris smiles at Skinner when he spoke of Star Trek, and nodded. “No, I don't think it would. But Jaya is here, and her people, so…. They got here somehow. I haven't ever asked.” Maybe he should. He didn't want Jaya to leave, but he was curious, and he'd hate to think she was trapped here. “Maybe a shuttle craft. Or maybe the portal was on her world. Or.. I don't know. Something to think about, I guess.”
Lots-Canon version

17 Posts
3 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Katie

Skinner raised an eyebrow at that. As it happened, he'd lived in Gotham for awhile, filling in while the version of him who lived in that universe had been recovering from near-fatal injuries. It had been an interesting experience, and not one that he'd wanted to repeat. Living in a city where there was a terrorist attack by a clinically insane supervillain was a monthly, if not weekly basis, and when the last line of defense was a costumed hero who wasn't much more tightly wound. "Why do you go to Gotham?" Skinner asked "That wouldn't be my pick as a place to go for a fun weekend." realizing as he spoke that this person could be a villain, or at least one in the making.

"Could be anything." Skinner said "People end up here all kinds of weird ways. Its just interesting to see who ends up here. Is it just the Orions, or anyone else from Star Trek?" it might be interesting to check out that universe. The Star Trek version of the future had always seemed appealing.