Marvel-X-men Comics-1

32 Posts
4 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Katie

All Accounts Posts: 432
Mercy arrived in the dining room at Le Cirq, where she was supposed to meet her husband for a late lunch, and saw him already seated in the dining room. He wasn't looking at the door, being engaged in checking out a rather attractive, extremely buxom blonde at the next table, if she didn't miss her guess.

She didn't care that his eye was wandering, the day Henri Lebeau didn't look at a pretty woman would be the day after they put him in the ground, and it also made it easier for her to sneak up on him.

This was a old game between them, one of them trying to sneak up on the other, the loser paying a forfeit of some sort, and it had been some time since they'd had a chance to play.

So she slipped around the perimeter of the room, then walked up behind him, arms wrapping around his shoulders. She felt him stiffen in surprise, which made her laugh delightedly. It had been a long, long time since she'd been able to surprise him so completely.

"Got yo'!" she crowed "An' now yo' owe me dose jade earrings dat we saw de other day." knowing that Henri loved to be asked for something he had to steal. She moved in to kiss him behind the ear, when he squirmed and twisted in her embrace.
Marvel-616

157 Posts
4 Threads
Job: Director of SHIELD
Ship Status: Open to shipping
Sexual Orientation: Sure, with just about anyone (but I don't want to write it explicitly)
Jasmine (starkly-tony)

All Accounts Posts: 213
Tony was seated comfortably at the small table at Le Cirq, enjoying the atmosphere (laid back but classy) as well as the view (an attractive blonde woman at the next table, and boy did he have a good angle). He was alone. Though he'd initially planned on inviting Steve--as a friend, of course, like they'd done countless times before in his timeline--he'd lost his nerve at the last minute but kept his reservation.

Suddenly a woman's arms wrapped around his shoulders from behind, and an unfamiliar voice purred at him about jade earrings before the mystery woman moved in to kiss him behind the ear. Tony stiffened immediately at the unexpected touch, reaching out instinctively with Extremis for the armor stashed in his car outside. Surprise greetings rarely turned out well in his line of work.

He twisted around to see the woman who'd approached him, blinking when he truly had no idea who she was.

"Um, not that I mind a kiss hello," Tony said, as some of the adrenaline started to fade, "but who are you?"
Marvel-X-men Comics-1

32 Posts
4 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Katie

When the man pulled away from her, and spoke in a voice that was most certainly not her husband's, Mercy blushed bright red, even as she stumbled, thrown off balance physically as well as mentally.. She was no fresh arrival to the Hub, she should have known better than to assume an identity based on physical appearance. "Merde!" she exclaimed, as she managed, even in her embarrassment, to keep her feet.

"Bon Sang!" she said, looking at him shamefaced "Please, fo'give dis fool woman. Ah was suppos' t'meet ma husband here fo' lunch, and Ah did no' expect t'find his double here instead. Et was ma mistake, Ah am no' in de habit o'grabbin' on t'men Ah have no' seen befo'. Please, let me introduce maself properly. An' buy yo' lunch, t'make up fo' my foolishness. Ah am Mercy Lebeau. An' yo' are?" curious how he would answer. His lack of recognition only meant that he wasn't her Henri, but that didn't mean that he wasn't *a* version of Henri Lebeau.
Marvel-616

157 Posts
4 Threads
Sexual Orientation: Sure, with just about anyone (but I don't want to write it explicitly)
Jasmine (starkly-tony)

The woman blushed, stumbling away with an expression of horrified embarrassment. Probably not a supervillain, then, unless she was a very good actress. Tony chuckled slightly as she explained her mistake and offered to buy him lunch.

"It's not a problem at all, and I could probably buy this entire restaurant," Tony said. "But I wouldn't mind the company."

Then something horrible occurred to him. If he looked exactly like her husband, it might mean that there was yet another Tony Stark in the Hub. Considering how well meeting the other versions of him had gone, he fervently hoped not. Still, it was hard to believe there could be someone with his face who wasn't some version of him, even if they didn't share the same name.

"My name's Tony Stark," he said, wincing. "Unfortunately, there are a lot of me running around here. Believe me, you're not the only one who's found it confusing."
Marvel-X-men Comics-1

32 Posts
4 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Katie

Mercy was a very good actress, when the occasion called for it, and although she didn't think of herself as a villain, she would concede that not everyone would agree, given that she was a Master Thief, and trained as an Assassin besides. For that matter, there were many who would view her with suspicion, given that she was a mutant. All that said, her embarrassment was genuine, and she hadn't approached him with any ill intentions.

This wasn't her husband, as they spoke, she'd started to notice some small differences, but this touchy, prideful unwillingness to accept something from a woman reminded her of Henri. Which was one of the reasons why she wasn't going to let the refusal stand-she knew what it would mean for Henri to say that the only thing he wanted was the pleasure of a woman's company. "Please, Ah mus' insist. Ah made a scene, an' besides" she smiled impishly "As et happen' Ah do own dis restaurant." well, more or less, but she doubted Henri would be bothered by the slight fib. "So please, allow me."

"Ah am sure et has been confusin'." Mercy said sympathetically "But mah mari no' es Tony Stark, his name is Henri Lebeau."
Marvel-616

157 Posts
4 Threads
Jasmine (starkly-tony)

Tony smiled in reply as Mercy insisted on buying his lunch. He hadn't refused her because she was a woman, but rather because--as one of the wealthiest people in the country--letting anyone else pay his tab had always seemed tacky at best. But in the woman's own restaurant...

"In that case," he said, still giving her one of his more charming smiles, "I don't see how I could say no."

So his lookalike wasn't another Tony Stark. Not that the name meant much--Chris and Safi were a testament to that. It was still quite possible that this Henri Lebeau would fit exactly the same mold, and get along with him about as well. At least, he thought, this doppelganger of his hadn't brought along another Steve.

"So," Tony said conversationally as Mercy sat down, "I take it the two of you have been here a while?" Long enough for her establish a restaurant, anyway. "I'm surprised no one's mistaken either of us before."
Marvel-X-men Comics-1

32 Posts
4 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Katie

"Bon." Mercy said cheerfully, and after determining that he hadn't ordered yet, called over a waiter, and arranged for their meal, explaining that it would be for three, but that Monsuier Henri would be arriving later, so they would start with a light salad "Tea, or would yo' prefer wine?" Mercy asked "We keep an excellent cellar here." excellent in more ways than one, since that was where the portal was located, and there was a tunnel connecting it to the Lebeau house.

"We came t' live here two weeks back." Mercy explained "But mah mari's family, dey have had business here fo' years. His granpere was de one who fin' de portal from our word t'de Hub. Et seemed like a good place t'have a business." she'd feel the man out a bit before she mentioned what kind of business, they didn't tell all and sundry what they did, even if it wasn't precisely a secret. "What brings yo' here?"
Marvel-616

157 Posts
4 Threads
Jasmine (starkly-tony)

The one good thing about being a notorious alcoholic who had very publicly returned from the edge of ruin, Tony reflected, was that people in his world were pretty generally pretty good about not shoving alcohol at him at every occasion. Here, where the most well-known Stark was still a party boy, he had. I such luck. He wondered about the not-Tony Stark he was about to meet.

"Tea would be wonderful," Tony said, forcefully ignoring the voice in the back of his head that suggested, as always, he make an exception just this once. He was happy to pivot to the next subject. He smiled as he said, "I stumbled onto this place, and I've been on...a vacation of sorts." Hiding out in a place where multiple versions of the man he loved hadn't been killed because of him, with Wanda's promise that she could set him back exactly where he belonged. His smile might've ended up a little strained.

It was, however, interesting to imagine a world that had been connected to the Hub for years. "Where are you from? Is multidimensional travel common? Also, I'm a businessman myself. What business are you and your husband in?"
Marvel-X-men Comics-1

32 Posts
4 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Katie

Mercy hadn't offered him wine because of his double's reputation, she'd done so because she'd been raised with the idea that a glass of wine with a meal was normal. Serious drinking, or a celebration, that was something that called for hard liquor. But if her guest was having tea, then she would follow suit, and so she asked for two glasses of tea, which arrived shortly.

"Ah am glad yo' are enjoyin' yo'self." Mercy replied "Did yo' come here fo' pleasure, or are yo' jus' enjoyin' yo'self until et es time t'go home?" Mercy asked curiously, wanting to feel out how much this man knew about interdimensional travel. "No' et es no' common where we are from, an' en our world, we keep et dat way." Mercy replied "Here en de Hub, our business es movin' people between worlds, and makin' sure dey have de papers an' so on dat dey need." that wasn't all that they did, of course, but that was the part that didn't involve stealing, and moving stolen goods.
Marvel-616

157 Posts
4 Threads
Jasmine (starkly-tony)

Tony had to resist the urge to laugh at Mercy's question. The truth was, of course, that he'd stumbled into the Hub entirely by accident and had state because he was too weak to trade the chance to see Steve alive again for his painful responsibilities back home.

He took a measured sip of his tea, wishing it was a little more Irish, and said, "Just enjoying myself. There's a lot here that my world doesn't quite have to offer."

He raised his eyebrows at Mercy's description of her trade. "Interesting," he said sincerely, his mind already running through some of the implications of the idea, types of clientele and the difficulties involved. "Id love to hear more about it. And can I ask how you got involved in that particular line of work?"
Marvel-X-men Comics-1

32 Posts
4 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Katie

"Dat es very true." Mercy "De Hub has all kinds o' interestin' t'ings t'see, an' et can lead yo' t'many interestin' places as well. An' maybe help you get away from your troubles as well, non?" the last said with a bit of speculation in her tone, something told her that this was a man who was in the Hub because he wished to not be somewhere else.

"Ah got involved wit' et de ol' fashioned way." Mercy said with a little laugh "Ah married in to et. An' oui et es an interestin' business. Et can be hard t'describe, so let me give an example. Say yo' are trouble in yo' world, and yo' want a fresh start. Dere are a million worlds where dere es someone wit' de same face as you, an' mebbe de same name too. Maybe one o' dem likes de idea of tradin' lives wit' yo'. Or mebbe in dat world, Tony Stark es dead, or left, an' yo' can jus' appear one day, an say yo' was jus' missin'." it could get more complicated than that, of course, but those were the basic outlines.
Marvel-616

157 Posts
4 Threads
Jasmine (starkly-tony)

How did everyone he met here somehow intuit that he was trying to escape his troubles? Tony sighed slightly. Either he was wearing his heart in his sleeve now in a way he never had before or, maybe more concerningly, it was just as obvious back home but no one cared enough to comment.

"You could say that," he replied dryly.

He smiled slightly at her description of the business. Didn't he know that there were plenty of people (too many people) who shared the same name and face. "Seems like that kind of business could come in handy. How do people find you? The interdimensional witness protection program?" He raised an eyebrow, "and I have to ask, am I the first person you've met who looks exactly like your husband?"
Marvel-Movies-1

7 Posts
2 Threads
Job:
Ship Status: Married
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

All Accounts Posts: 904
“You are no de first Tony Stark dis Henri has seen.” Henri Lebeau was a man who knew his cue stepping forward to catch the tail end of the conversation. “Es he de first no Henri fo’ yo’ Chere?” Henri bent to kiss her temple the small contented smile of a man secure and deeply in love pulling at his lips. “Ah’m sorry I am late.” He apologized fingers brushing down her hairline to graze over her bare ears. A promise that he already had something in mind for his forfeit.

“Henri Lebeau-” Henri smiled charmingly seemingly unperturbed by meeting his doppelgänger. “De find us by word of mouth, Es no always simple business, some worlds no wish to let go of dere people. Dis makes t’ings...delicate to be too well known.” He explained with a chuckle, taking a seat between the pair.

While it might seem like a possessive gesture It was habit that had him reaching for Mercy’s hand, he was a tactile man, and romantic or platonic he expressed that.
Marvel-X-men Comics-1

32 Posts
4 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Katie

"He no' es de first Tony Stark dis Mercy has met, but he es de first man I've seen wit' de same face as ma mari." Mercy said, a touch of defensiveness in her voice, even as she smiled up at her husband. "Ah will fo'give yo' lateness, dis time." she said, suppressing a shiver when his fingers grazed her earlobes.

"An' dis es Tony Stark." Mercy said, completing the introduction "Word of mouth inside de Hub an' sometimes outside." Mercy elaborated "Et es also delicate because people do no' want anyone in de new world to know dat dey are a stranger. We help wit' dat as well. " she was a bit amused when Henri sat down between her and his twin. She knew that he was secure in their relationship, but it always amused her when he was jealous.
Marvel-616

157 Posts
4 Threads
Jasmine (starkly-tony)

Tony stared as the man wearing his face approached with a smile. A very familiar smile, one he'd seen countless times on his own face in reflections and pictures. It was even more surreal, he found, than meeting another version of himself with a different face. Especially as his doppelgänger leaned in to kiss his wife.

Tony found himself thinking, I guess that's what I look like from that angle.

"Nice to meet you," Tony said dryly. "I hope the other me hasn't ruined the experience for you."

He didn't miss that the other man sat deliberately between Tony and Mercy. Considering that she'd been the one to greet him with a surprise kiss, he couldn't help but feel that was a little unnecessary.

"Sounds like a solid business plan you've got, there," Tony added. "I can think of a few times I might've wanted to use that service myself. How'd you get into it?"
Marvel-Movies-1

7 Posts
2 Threads
Job:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

Amusingly he'd seen other Tony Starks with his face not in Hub but rather in the job in other universes; it made things much simpler to break into when he shared the same voice and biometrics as the target.

“Non, I have found de men wit my face t’be very accommodating.” Oh he was aware of the spree of Starks that looked nothing like him and found it interesting.

He was also curious if their biometrics still somehow lined up. Logically it was impossible, but here...well to paraphrase Alice: ten impossible things often happened before breakfast.

Henri smiled at Tony, answering his question in a roundabout way. “In most of de worlds I know wit you, dere es my fere, Remy. Perhaps you know him? He es often called Gambit?” Oh there was a chance this Stark was from a world with no Remy or one where he had gone a different path considering he'd shown no reaction to their last name.
Marvel-X-men Comics-1

32 Posts
4 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Katie

Mercy watched, quietly amused as the two men sized each other up, and tried to work out who was the alpha.

"As Ah said." Mercy put in "Et es a family business. Henri's granpere was de one who started it." no doubt making their operation sound a bit smaller than it was, and certainly there were many people involved in the Thieve's Guild who weren't relatives at all, but no need to go into details with someone they'd just met.
Marvel-616

157 Posts
4 Threads
Jasmine (starkly-tony)

Very accommodating? That could mean a lot of things and Tony wasn't especially thrilled about most of them. Still, it was interesting to know that there were more of him out there, that the short irritating Tonys weren't the only ones out there.

"I know Gambit," Tony said. He hadn't thought much of the last name--had to be common enough--but along with the connection came a distinct sense of distrust. The Remy Lebeau of his world was a member of the X-Men, not one Tony had worked with or tangled with personally, but he knew from his intelligence gathering for the SHRA that the man had a distinctly checkered past. Something about a Thieve's Guild and a foster family of criminals. As he sipped his tea, he accessed the file in his mind using Extremis. The names Mercy and Henri were easy to find.

Their "family business" was a lot less innocent than they were making it out to be.

He gave them both a slightly cold smile. "Gambit, AKA Remy Lebeau, formerly a member of the New Orleans Thieves Guild, run by the Lebeau family. Am I close?"
Marvel-Movies-1

7 Posts
2 Threads
Job:
Sexual Orientation:
Kel

Henri saw the moment that Stark made the connection between his version of his little brother and them. “Close.” Henri’s eyes crinkled in subdued amusement.

“Ah am assumin’ he es no a friend in your universe?” Henri flicked his eyes toward the unobtrusive waiter, the glass of bourbon made its way into his hand. “An’ you? Es you de Tony Stark of Stark Enterprises in your universe?” He asked curiously, touching the glass to his lips.
Marvel-X-men Comics-1

32 Posts
4 Threads
Job:
Ship Status:
Sexual Orientation:
Katie

"Close, oui." Mercy said "Assumin' dat Remy's family es en de same business in our world as en yo' world." she observed, not confirming or denying anything one way or the other. "Of course, yo' are also assuming dat dere is somethin' wrong wit' yo' Remy's family doin' a little honest thievin'."

Mercy glanced over at her husband, amused "He said dat he is. An' dat he could buy an' sell dis place, as well."